Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Ruddy is awful!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Talk Show Host"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Ruddy is only 21. Wish people would remember he is still learning, and stop recommending Rudd as he is further behind the learning curve and will probably make lots more mistakes than Ruddy does, which could dent his confidence for a long time.

Ruddy makes some very good saves and whilst he made a few stupid decisions today it wasn''t that bad.
[/quote]

... He''s 24?

[/quote]

...how many mistakes has Declan Rudd made in a City shirt so far then Hogs?

Can you name just one??? [:$]
[/quote]

Barely comparable considering the amount of pitch time they''ve had Smudger.

The game Rudd started at home most recently (can''t remember who we were playing) his kicking was very poor, needed alot of work. Considering two went out for throw ins, ill consider them as mistakes.

Ironically, kicking is one of Ruddy''s strong points!

I saw Rudd play in the England v Spain U19 game in the summer that we lost 3-1. I was unimpressed and strongly believe that he needs more time.

Ruddy is still better than David Marshall, a Goalkeeper who in his first season we nearly got relegated with, and his second season DID get relegated with....if we finish top half that says something about Ruddy as well as the rest of the side...for those of you harping on about Rudd, how many succesful teams have put a teenager in goal and done well out of it again?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Talk Show Host"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Ruddy is only 21. Wish people would remember he is still learning, and stop recommending Rudd as he is further behind the learning curve and will probably make lots more mistakes than Ruddy does, which could dent his confidence for a long time.Ruddy makes some very good saves and whilst he made a few stupid decisions today it wasn''t that bad.[/quote]

... He''s 24?

[/quote]...how many mistakes has Declan Rudd made in a City shirt so far then Hogs?Can you name just one??? [:$][/quote]Well, he hasn''t played as much, but if we compare them, they''re both capable of making good saves - we''ve seen both Ruddy and Rudd making magnificent saves.And they''re both capable of mistakes. Rudd has very inconsistent kicking, and has fumbled several crosses even in the few games he has played (only luck has prevented him conceding from mistakes).Given his rate of mistakes at crosses, I''m sure he would have been at fault for several goals if he''d played instead of Ruddy this season

Brilliant. Made the point the other night that in our Championship season Ruddy was scapegoat of the week on many an occasion. How fickle some fans can be....

Good pick EC! And it also emphasises that Smudger talked the talk but only out of his arse - Adomah anyone?

[quote user="Smudger"]
Most of all today yet again showed that we are too lightweight in midfield and invite too much pressure on our back four when the opposition has possession. 
[/quote]

The exact words used by Trawler Boy a couple of weeks ago when he was defending Smudger''s love child Ward. How spooky is that ? [;)]

Well played John Ruddy, a solid second half display for your country last night.  And thank the Lord he didn''t get injured, leaving us with unproven goalkeepers going into a make or break season.

[quote user="Smudger"]I don''t know about awful, but for me Declan Rudd looks a far better keeper.I think there is one certain other area of the pitch where we play somebody for 90 mins week in week out when he isn''t head and shoulders above the other options we have too.Most of all today yet again showed that we are too lightweight in midfield and invite too much pressure on our back four when the opposition has possession.  I hope that Lambert goes back in for this midfielder he was trying to get on loan this week and I hope to hell that he knows how to put his foot in to a tackle.  This is the main reason why we have got either one or no points so many times this season for me.jed steer is said to be better than declan rudd

[/quote]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Most of all today yet again showed that we are too lightweight in midfield and invite too much pressure on our back four when the opposition has possession.  [/quote]

The exact words used by Trawler Boy a couple of weeks ago when he was defending Smudger''s love child Ward. How spooky is that ? [;)]

[/quote]No surprise to see you commenting here Mr T.At least he never backed a team that was our worst in 50 years and got us relegated to League 1.  I bet everyo9ne on here wishes they were as knowledgeable as you on such matters?

[quote user="Thumbelina"]
At least he never backed a team that was our worst in 50 years and got us relegated to League 1. 

[/quote]

Last time i saw someone talking about himself on here in the third person Smudger was when Bly used to talk to Walphy. [;)]