Sign in to follow this  
dezmondo18

Jackson

Tilly - to a certain extent I''m with you on this one.  However the younger element amongst us use different language to that we''re used to - it may not be to our taste but its the way the English language is going.  After all its only a couple of hundred years since everyone was uttering Thou Thee and Thy like a rabid Leeds United fan, and double s was written as double f - and its less than 100 years since the word "Gay" changed its meaning

[quote user="dezmondo18"]Don''t no if any1 else noticed not only does this guy have pace , great touch he somehow and I mean somehow challenges and seems to win most of his headers against big defenders. Looks quality already see him an chrissy up front for most of the season I can see holt being out abut due to injury hope not but either for once I''m confident that whoever starts can score :)[/quote]

Dezmondo - to return to your topic -

I think that the strikeforce we now have at Norwich is the match of anyone in this division - whilst we may not have a direct substitute for Holt we do have several options especially when you take into account Holt, Martin, Jackson, Johnson, Hoolahan and MacNamee (I know the last two are midfielders....)

I''m still not 100% sure about Jackson although he has started well and seems committed.  At the end of the day if he scores 20 goals and/or creates 20 for others he will prove to be a good signing

[quote user="dezmondo18"]Well my grammar ain''t going to change anytime soon so I''d appreciate the few who have a problem with it, do just as you say and just talk about the subject, not every is as competent as others , people have different skill levels and languages and guess what people get on with it please do the same at the end of the day we all bleed yellow :).[/quote]

OK you have had your English lesson for the day. Now for maths you can understand!

Mathematics

This comes from 2 maths teachers with a combined total of 70 yrs. experience.
It has an indisputable mathematical logic. It also made me Laugh Out Loud.
This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint...it goes like this:

What Makes 100%?

What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

How about achieving 103%?

What makes up 100% in life?

Here''s a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.

Now I know why some people are where they are!

Til, don''t forget to leave a space after a full stop in your posts please old chap. :)

Back to the OP, I actually agree, I''m looking forward to seeing him this season. The one thing that annoyed me a little about Holt last year, was that he would lose so many headers and jumped too early. There isn''t too much that bothered me as he was top draw.

I think we have a very good and varied front line, maybe need a bit of help in January.

[quote user="City1st"]Maybe you could re-assemble those random words into a few coherent sentences, perhaps ?

[/quote]I cannot beleive there are so many English teachers that are Naarich fans...astounding isnt it!!! [;)]

To OP, it really looks like PL as found yet another Gem[Y] OTBC

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]Well my grammar ain''t going to change anytime soon so I''d appreciate the few who have a problem with it, do just as you say and just talk about the subject, not every is as competent as others , people have different skill levels and languages and guess what people get on with it please do the same at the end of the day we all bleed yellow :).[/quote]

OK you have had your English lesson for the day. Now for maths you can understand!

Mathematics

What Makes 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

Here''s a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:

is represented as:

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.

[/quote]

Blimey Butler,poor old Lapp will be on here accusing you of nicking Tangy''s crayons.[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

Mathematics

What Makes 100%?

If:

is represented as:

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G

[/quote]

Blimey Butler,poor old Lapp will be on here accusing you of nicking Tangy''s crayons.[:P]

[/quote]

Sorry it''s an accountant numbers thing[;)]

"it may not be to our taste but its the way the English language is going"nonsense !Kids have always used their own slang, back to the days of ''down wiv skool''. They grow out of it . I doubt the child would be too happy if his ipod, wii or anything else stopped working because the programmer decided to write in his own gibberish. The first post was illegible nonsenseThe sad thing is the way we are going is that any gentle ribbing is met by howls of outrage from the whinging kids and self righteous piety from those who would sanitise society out of existence.Grown up forums have a robust and ''knock about'' character to them - far better theyremain that way as well. Life is too serious as it is without having the po faced coming on here and warbling on about ''issues'' and group hugs.Get ''em up cleaning chimneys is my view, that''ll learn ''em.

Personally I see the ability to spell, and use grammar correctly, as a very basic cornerstone of intelligence. Or, put another way, I automatically assume someone who can''t do these things isn''t the cleverest. Or maybe I''m just being picky.

[quote user="morty"]Personally I see the ability to spell, and use grammar correctly, as a very basic cornerstone of intelligence. Or, put another way, I automatically assume someone who can''t do these things isn''t the cleverest.

Or maybe I''m just being picky.
[/quote]sory wat, cnt undrstnd a bluddy wurd ya sayin m8!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]Personally I see the ability to spell, and use grammar correctly, as a very basic cornerstone of intelligence. Or, put another way, I automatically assume someone who can''t do these things isn''t the cleverest. Or maybe I''m just being picky.[/quote]sory wat, cnt undrstnd a bluddy wurd ya sayin m8!!![/quote]Lol, that obviously doesn''t count for people I know more of than just posting here.And also if they are big bastards that could muller me badly for my cheek.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]Personally I see the ability to spell, and use grammar correctly, as a very basic cornerstone of intelligence. Or, put another way, I automatically assume someone who can''t do these things isn''t the cleverest.

Or maybe I''m just being picky.
[/quote]sory wat, cnt undrstnd a bluddy wurd ya sayin m8!!![/quote]

Lol, that obviously doesn''t count for people I know more of than just posting here.

And also if they are big bastards that could muller me badly for my cheek.

[:)]
[/quote][:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]you can clearly read what i wrote ,so im not gonna argue with you comment or dont im not bothered.

But it does appear people are more intrested in picking holes instead of having a actual opinion on what people write
[/quote]

This looks like a text message on a 10 year old''s mobile phone who has been bunking his english lessons for the last 6 months.I lost the will to live after 6 grammar and spelling mistakes.Not bad for a 2 line post.

[/quote]

I think you are a communication snob Til 1010 and rude with it. I had an English master who had the same brand of poor wit.

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]you can clearly read what i wrote ,so im not gonna argue with you comment or dont im not bothered.

But it does appear people are more intrested in picking holes instead of having a actual opinion on what people write
[/quote]

This looks like a text message on a 10 year old''s mobile phone who has been bunking his english lessons for the last 6 months.I lost the will to live after 6 grammar and spelling mistakes.Not bad for a 2 line post.

[/quote]

I think you are a communication snob Til 1010 and rude with it. I had an English master who had the same brand of poor wit.

[/quote]

I just wonder what your English master would have thought if you submitted such work at school? Mine would have given me extra homework or failed my exam paper.Obviously that approach turned me into a communication snob.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]you can clearly read what i wrote ,so im not gonna argue with you comment or dont im not bothered.But it does appear people are more intrested in picking holes instead of having a actual opinion on what people write[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just wonder what your English master would have thought if you submitted such work at school? Mine would have given me extra homework or failed my exam paper.Obviously that approach turned me into a communication snob.[;)]

[/quote]I would imagine you''d be marked down for the inappropriate use of italics.

I pride myself on getting my spelling and grammar correct, but I really couldn''t give a mokey''s behind whether someone else does. It''s just snobbery to pick holes in what people are saying when they are clearly legible. It is one of the worst kinds of snobbery as wellLanguage is a fantastic thing, and one of the most fantastic things about it is that everyone speaks (and writes) it differently. It also changes with time. The way we speak changes, and will continue to change.Are we not allowed to speak in Norfolk accents anymore? I suggest anyone who is such a stickler for ''correct'' English shouldn''t visit Carrow Road in the future.Respect to you, Dezmond018 - if you can be understood, then you are communicating correctly. Everyone else understood exactly what you were saying, but some people just like to pick holes to make themselves feel superior. TIL 2018''s list of grammar errors is so boring and pathetic; that in my opinion it counts as BAD communication - in that most right-minded people are put off ever wanting to communicate with him/her, if all they can contribute is a list of someone else''s supposed ''failings''. Ridiculous.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine you''d be marked down for the inappropriate use of italics.
[/quote]

No,because we used pen and ink not laptops.[:P]

"in what people are saying when they are clearly legible"I''m sure that ''mokeys'' means of communication are legible to each other. It doesn''t mean that we should have to listen to it on the radio instead of having humans speak.Now stop being pompous, climb off your high horse and accept that a bit of deserved leg pulling will happen.

I have not seen Jackson yet but he has had pretty decent reviews so far so I am looking forward to the Everton game. It was always the worry that if Holt or Martin got injured we did not have a replacement striker who was strong enough to start games. This was blindingly obvious when Holt was suspended for that little period in the new year and against Charlton/Leyton Orient later on in the season. So it is good to see that Jackson has started well particularly as the Holt situation is beginning to sound very worrying. Does anyone know what is actually wrong with Holt or how long it will be?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]1)Sentences start with a capital letter.....Y not y.

2) "what i wrote" incorrect grammar,should be "what i have written".

3)im should be i''m or i am.

4)gonna should be going to.

5) you should be your.

6)dont im should read don''t i''m or do not i am.

7)Sentences do not start with but.

8)Incorrect spelling of intrested,i take it you mean interested?

9)Words starting with a vowel do not have "a" before them,it should be "an" as in "an actual"

10)Finally sentences end in a full stop.[/quote]

Not bothered about capital ''I''s though, Tilly?

[quote user="City1st"]Maybe you could re-assemble those random words into a few coherent sentences, perhaps ?

[/quote]

[y]

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]I pride myself on getting my spelling and grammar correct, but I really couldn''t give a mokey''s behind whether someone else does. It''s just snobbery to pick holes in what people are saying when they are clearly legible. It is one of the worst kinds of snobbery as well

Language is a fantastic thing, and one of the most fantastic things about it is that everyone speaks (and writes) it differently. It also changes with time. The way we speak changes, and will continue to change.

Are we not allowed to speak in Norfolk accents anymore? I suggest anyone who is such a stickler for ''correct'' English shouldn''t visit Carrow Road in the future.

Respect to you, Dezmond018 - if you can be understood, then you are communicating correctly. Everyone else understood exactly what you were saying, but some people just like to pick holes to make themselves feel superior. TIL 2018''s list of grammar errors is so boring and pathetic; that in my opinion it counts as BAD communication - in that most right-minded people are put off ever wanting to communicate with him/her, if all they can contribute is a list of someone else''s supposed ''failings''. Ridiculous.
[/quote]

[Y]  Quite funny that several of those getting on their high-horses managed to very cleverly quote an extremely long post, thereby turning the thread into a scroll-athon.....

And OP, i understood exactly what you were saying- yes, Chris Martin is the best player to come through our youth system for years [;)]  Seriously though, good post.  Jackson looks a good`un (If i`m allowed the irregular spelling.....[:|]).

[quote user="City1st"]"in what people are saying when they are clearly legible"I''m sure that ''mokeys'' means of communication are legible to each other. It doesn''t mean that we should have to listen to it on the radio instead of having humans speak.Now stop being pompous, climb off your high horse and accept that a bit of deserved leg pulling will happen. [/quote]I think it is pompous to try and score points off other people for use of language. It is one of the worse kinds of snobbery in my opinion, and one of the few things which will instinctively make me think less of another person, I''m afraid. I am happy to stay on my high horse on this point.Language is a way of communication, not a point-scoring exercise. The way people speak (and write!) is a defining part of who they are, which is not something they should be forced to change. That''s just imposing your way of being on someone else.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOLZ

"Language is a way of communication"And if that language is meaningless drivel then part of that communication is stating that. As in, if you could not hear or understand someone you would say so."which is not something they should be forced to change"Who was forcing anyone to change. It was pointed out that the original post read as unintelligible drivel. No more force than if you flies were undone and someone pointed it out  ?"That''s just imposing your way of being on someone else"Nonsense. Asking someone to clarify their meaning is not imposing at all. Without a reasoned and accrepted understanding of what was meant the forum would not work.

Personally, correct use of English doesn''t cost anything, nor does it take any more time so I prefer to use it. And of course to read it. I use it in texts and get annoyed by people who don''t, not like we''re charged by the character now is it?

But on the note of Jacko, I''m still not sure he is going to live up to his price tag, he''s unproven and didn''t set the world alight during the second half of last season. But given service I''m told by a trustworthy friend and Gillingham fan that he''ll put chances away. Just not, for me, sure we had to pay £600k+ for him.

Still, ILWT.