Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Dumpling

News about NCISA

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]Anybody able to tell us what NCISA are doing at the moment?   NCISA Website, Meetings?
[/quote]

Be delighted to Dumpling.

Meetings are still happening monthly and things are moving on .

A new website is just about to be released (all new as they say in TV language)

The first part will be up and running this week , so your question is well timed.

It will encompass many new things for members and non members alike.

I will post on here when it is finally live.

Watch this space as they say

[/quote]

Good to hear that the new site is going live soon... [Y] hoping one of your weeks is not as long as one of your months though Butler, otherwise we could be waiting a while yet!

Only joking! [:P]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Will Norwich City Kitty be there as well. I have heard they have amassed some beer money to bring!![/quote]

Ewwww get you!!! [Y] [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Good stuff Butler, am looking forward to seeing your new website, its content.and the piccies of your handsome male committee members.[:)][/quote]

I suggest you visit the optician''s Angel! [8-|]

[quote user="Brian Badonde"]I think I would be prepared to join NCISA (and I have been a member previously) if I could see them actively looking after fans interests but I have some misgivings at this time.

1. I believe they are too cosy towards the club and not as indepent as it should be. Whether that is right or wrong its my opinion.
2. No real updates or adequate website, I will note progress of the new site.
3. I just dont get the chairman Im afraid. I believe Roy Blower was pretty good at his job and fairly well liked by the fans and club and even if he was not liked he was respected - a crucial point. Unfortunately I do not believe Mr Tilson is at all respected by a majority as a good ambassador for fans. As a regular reader of this website I find the confrontational style of his postings appalling (case in point the Surman thread where he has a go at the original poster and then just because he hasnt heard of him slags off everyone else for their views) I do not believe that a leader of a supposed democratic organisation should be so self opinionated, self rightious and fail to listen to other peoples views. I understands he gets voted in but that is by existing members who obviously like him, I believe more people would join if someone else was in charge. I know I will get the old ''you could vote him out at AGM'' line but its far, far, far from something I spend any real time worrying about, it is however an opinion from a former member who has listened to the opinions of many casual fans over the past few years! I realise this post may offend others more involved though and Im only trying to give what I believe is a general fans point so apologies if anyone gets offended by it.

Regarding an earlier point, I live a long way from Norwich, I am already involved in charity work and committees. I have no time to be an active member of NCISA. I do however note that they are described as a fans voice and as such I certainly feel able to comment on it. As for joining NCISA again - I would love to, but I would want to see the above three issues addressed first.

Regards
[/quote]

It could be worse... you could have me in charge mate??? [:|]

Oh and I realise that this might come across as a little self rightious, opinionated and may lose me further respect with you and your friends, but aren''t the two comment''s of yours that I have highlighted in red showing you up as being slightly hypocritical???

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brian Badonde"]Sorry chaps, new user but didnt say that the user name was in use when I registered though! B-B-B-Bah!
[/quote]

In which case, please accept my apologies.

[/quote]

mmm the wool is easily pulled over your eyes isn''t it??? [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Good stuff Butler, am looking forward to seeing your new website, its content.and the piccies of your handsome male committee members.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]

No need my sight is perfect [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Davo"]I will say this openly and honestly. I doubt I''ll ever join NCISA, why? Because it doesn''t cater for us exiles. All the important events like the AGM''s, Forums etc. happen midweek. I guess this is easier for those members who live in Norwich and the surrounding area but for those of us who do live a lot further away getting to Norwich and back on a midweek day is impracticle. Then again I don''t bash NCISA for that or anything as I don''t knwo enough about what they do or do not do to come on here and slag them off. Davo[/quote]

Its a shame you can''t get to any forums or meetings Davo but you''re wrong because NCISA do and can cater for you exiles. If at anytime you have a problem with the club or want an opinion passing on about something you strongly disagree with but don''t want to pursue yourself, then any of the boys and girls at NCISA will I know be happy to take that up on your behalf.

It doesn''t cost much to join, you''ll be added to their email list and kept informed and  hopefully they will have some regular socials next season maybe on a weekend when you''re down here for the footy.

[/quote]

Any plans for this or occasional away day travel which is a bit different from the Club Cabbage???

It would be good to have some Saturday meet up''s!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No need my sight is perfect [:D]

[/quote]

haha we will have to put it down to poor taste then??? [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brian Badonde"]Sorry chaps, new user but didnt say that the user name was in use when I registered though! B-B-B-Bah![/quote]In which case, please accept my apologies.[/quote]

mmm the wool is easily pulled over your eyes isn''t it??? [:|]

[/quote]Prove I''m wrong, or STFU.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Some interesting points Brian. People seem to want ncisa to do things and not be members, what other organisation would do it?! I agree, the derby is at a daft time, but the posters if the wotb know who to contact if they want to. Join, it''s hardly expensive and with more members the organisation will get more clout.[/quote]

Well said.

---I hesitate to enter debates about NCISA because I live too far away from

Norfolk to be an active member. I''m wary of criticising an organisation

from a distance when I can''t get involved to help put right any

failings I might identify. For that reason I also try to make any

criticisms constructive ones, rather than dwell on the past.And

that is one of the problems with NCISA - it seems to have a lot of

"past". So that when issues are raised, no matter how constructively,

the issues get swamped by personalities and attacks on the personalities

rather than what people are saying about NCISA. You only have to look

at this thread, and the thread that Mister Chops resuscitated to see

that. And those, frankly, are not by any means isolated examples.Now

it may be there are faults on both sides here, but my first

constructive suggestion is that those people representing and defending

NCISA resist the temptation to resort to mudslinging. If there is a fray

to be risen above, rise above it. Apart from anything else it saves

people from having to make embarrassing apologies when - as apparently

is the case here - they''ve been slinging mud at an inncocent party.My

second constructive suggestion (and this comes with a certain level of

professional expertise attached) is that NCISA should finally find

someone energetic and intelligent and with the ability to write clearly

understandable English to deal with PR. Because until now NCISA''s PR

(and that includes the use of the website as a publicity tool) has been

quite, quite hopeless.Crucially, this person person has to be

on the committee, because they need to be able to use their expertise to

help shape decisions rather than simply publicise decisions handed to

them as a fair accompli.My third constructive suggestion is this. The Butler says there are 14 people on the commitee. FOURTEEN??? That is fine for a social club. For a pressure group (which is what NCISA needs to be) that must react quickly to events that an absurdly high number. Quite unwieldy. It would make much more sense to have an executive committe of five or six, with the chairman, vice-chairman, secretary, treasurer and PR expert and possibly one other.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---

Now it may be there are faults on both sides here, but my first constructive suggestion is that those people representing and defending NCISA resist the temptation to resort to mudslinging. If there is a fray to be risen above, rise above it. Apart from anything else it saves people from having to make embarrassing apologies when - as apparently is the case here - they''ve been slinging mud at an inncocent party.

[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was Mister Chops questioning the identity of another poster.

Is Mister Chops a NCISA committee member?

Bring back the SCG.....The club was going places when they were the true voice of the true fans.....Look at the state of the club now, now that SCG has been so cruelly terminated.... That clueless Mcfeller bloke who replaced Our Dearest Donkster - shouldn''t have been allowed anywhere near the club!

I really fear for our future..... Bring back Donny!

And bring back the SCG, and ''Fire up Lisa Quattro!''....

That is, once she''s finished mourning Italy''s premature blank-firing ejection from the WC.... [:(][:''(][:(][:''(]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---

Now it may be there are faults on both sides here, but my first constructive suggestion is that those people representing and defending NCISA resist the temptation to resort to mudslinging. If there is a fray to be risen above, rise above it. Apart from anything else it saves people from having to make embarrassing apologies when - as apparently is the case here - they''ve been slinging mud at an inncocent party.

[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was Mister Chops questioning the identity of another poster.

[/quote]

I am still pretty sure that Mister Chops was spot on in his initial assessment of Brain Badonde... that comes from somebody who is only a mere NCISA member!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---Now it may be there are faults on both sides here, but my first constructive suggestion is that those people representing and defending NCISA resist the temptation to resort to mudslinging. If there is a fray to be risen above, rise above it. Apart from anything else it saves people from having to make embarrassing apologies when - as apparently is the case here - they''ve been slinging mud at an inncocent party.[/quote]

[/quote]

I am still pretty sure that Mister Chops was spot on in his initial assessment of Brain Badonde... that comes from somebody who is only a mere NCISA member!

[/quote]

I''m a member, but not a committee member, and I have no axe to grind with either NCISA or Brian Badonde, whomever he or she may actually be.  I shall now bow out gracefully from this discussion.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---Now it may be there are faults on both sides here, but my first constructive suggestion is that those people representing and defending NCISA resist the temptation to resort to mudslinging. If there is a fray to be risen above, rise above it. Apart from anything else it saves people from having to make embarrassing apologies when - as apparently is the case here - they''ve been slinging mud at an inncocent party.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]They are different users, there is one under the name Brian Badonde who has quite a few posts and one with four. Unless you have an IP address to prove otherwise.

[quote user="king canary"]
They are different users, there is one under the name Brian Badonde who has quite a few posts and one with four. Unless you have an IP address to prove otherwise.
[/quote]

So what proof do you have that they are different users? The original Brian Badone changed his name from "refjezhitchin"... after bashing NCISA months ago, this one could have just re - registered using the same name so to differentiate himself from the old one

Incidentally if you read some of his old posts the original one says he lives in Herts and this one too says he lives a few hours from Norwich.

Could be a co-incidence but being a woman I''m natually suspicious. [:)]

Purple said "My second constructive suggestion (and this comes with a certain level of professional expertise attached) is that NCISA should finally find someone energetic and intelligent and with the ability to write clearly understandable English to deal with PR. Because until now NCISA''s PR (and that includes the use of the website as a publicity tool) has been quite, quite hopeless."

Thanks for your constructive views PC BUT that is what is now taking place. (by the way some others of us also have years of business experience). A sub committee was formed for just for that reason many months ago, the results should soon become obvious.

When the web site and all the NEW membership advantages are released then I look forward to your  views again

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="king canary"]They are different users, there is one under the name Brian Badonde who has quite a few posts and one with four. Unless you have an IP address to prove otherwise.[/quote]

So what proof do you have that they are different users? The original Brian Badone changed his name from "refjezhitchin"... after bashing NCISA months ago, this one could have just re - registered using the same name so to differentiate himself from the old one

Incidentally if you read some of his old posts the original one says he lives in Herts and this one too says he lives a few hours from Norwich.

Could be a co-incidence but being a woman I''m natually suspicious. [:)]

[/quote]Well if he re registered with the same name then he is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly stupid. Who knows.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Purple said "My second constructive suggestion (and this comes with a certain level of professional expertise attached) is that NCISA should finally find someone energetic and intelligent and with the ability to write clearly understandable English to deal with PR. Because until now NCISA''s PR (and that includes the use of the website as a publicity tool) has been quite, quite hopeless."

Thanks for your constructive views PC BUT that is what is now taking place. (by the way some others of us also have years of business experience). A sub committee was formed for just for that reason many months ago, the results should soon become obvious.

When the web site and all the NEW membership advantages are released then I look forward to your  views again. 

[/quote]--TB, I will indeed look at the new, improved website. If it is used

properly (as the old one never was) to publicise how week in, week out

NCISA is operating as a well-led, energetic pressure group (if that is

what it''s doing) then that will be a major step forward in convincing

people to join. In other words there are two linked points here.

Firstly, NCISA needs to behave like a proper pressure group rather than a

social club. Secondly, it needs to make that clear to the world.

But for that to happen it needs to get on board someone with real

expertise in journalism or - failing that, as a very much second-best -

PR. That is the expertise I was talking about. Not business expertise. I

am sure NCISA has some of that.

[quote user="king canary"]

Well if he re registered with the same name then he is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly stupid. Who knows.
[/quote]

Who knows [:)]

Also meant to say that the original Brian Badonde( number 1) who lived in Herts and had 1120 posts last posted on here in the ''''Bilingual City Fans'''' thread on the 25th June  which is the very same day that that Brian Badonde( number 2) registered on the site and posted in the ncisa thread. Could all be sheer co-incidence, still at least we now know that Brian Badonde the gay art critic has got two fans who both support NCFC [:)]

Back to the thread and ncisa

Hopefully the new website ( when its finished) will help to promote their association, increase their membership and be a place where people can ask questions/chat/leave ideas etc etc rather than on the pinkun.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

24 hours ago i asked that all you good people who have strong views about this matter e-mail me so i can gauge the depth of feeling before approaching the Club/Police.

Guess what........................NO E-MAILS!!!!!!!

However let''s not spoil what is turning into a NCISA bashing thread.

[/quote]What''s your view on the subject?[/quote]

Should you be not telling me your views so i can collate it?

[/quote]

You''ve got 2 hopes there Tilly, and one''s called Bob.

[/quote]Why does one need to email?

I haven''t emailed you Tilly as I was the one who ask you to raise the matter with the club originally.

Can someone educate me on NCISA? How many members does it have, how often does it meet? Who''s on the committee and what do they do? How much is the joining fee? And any other interesting information.

[quote user="thirdlion"]Can someone educate me on NCISA? How many members does it have, how often does it meet? Who''s on the committee and what do they do? How much is the joining fee? And any other interesting information.[/quote]

I''m not on the committee but can answer some of your questions in their absence ( most of them will be at work)

There are 13 committee members plus Roy Blower who is their president and the committee meet once a month or more if there is something that needs sorting urgently.

John Tilson is the chairman, Claire Williamson is their treasurer and Kathy Blake is their secretary and there are a range of ages on the committee.

Not sure how much it is to join now but seem to think its only about £5 for the year.

They are having a summer BBQ at the Bayer Social Club on July 23rd so thats a good opportunity for people who are interested in joining to meet the committee and other members and ask their questions.

They are also in the process of releasing their new website which should be up and running in the next couple of weeks which I''m sure will tell you loads more.

Hope that helps.

13 committee members - wow that seems a bit top heavy , are they basing it on the EEC or the United Nations . I always feel that they come across a bit we are right , everyone who disagrees is wrong ( may just be me though !!! ) never been interested in joining as I cannot see what the benefits are , is there anything tangible to be gained by becoming a member - what happens to subscriptions etc

Thanks for your replies CA. I guess as Mr Purple has also mentioned being as exile it''s not just about getting to events but also being willing to put int he time to make it all worth while. Maybe if there''s an event when I''m in Norwich I''ll pop along and take it from there.

Davo

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]Anybody able to tell us what NCISA are doing at the moment?   NCISA Website, Meetings? [/quote]

A new website is just about to be released The first part will be up and running this week , so your question is well timed.[/quote]

So is today the day then ?

Moving , could NCISA maybe investigate with the police why our local derbies can''t be played on a Sat at 3pm but other local derbies all over the country can be?

[/quote]I was going to raise this point with the chairman at the next meeting, pleased you reminded me.....I think WITS also voiced her concern as its the same day as the Norwich half marathon. Unfortunately a lot of local charities may feel the consequences of this....[/quote]I raised it as a concern because another poster had raised it elsewhere. Not being a marathon runner myself (I''d get black eyes) I have supported those who do and recognise the importance of these fund-raising events for various charities.