Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Dumpling

News about NCISA

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

I don''t  agree with Nutty too many times [:)] but I also would like to see NCISA rebrand without the '''' independant'''' and this is the perfect time  to do it, new season and new website.

Whats your thoughts committee members?

[/quote]

My thoughts Angel/Nutty is that you are taking the Independent out of context yet again

ANY assocation that needs to lobby etc (particulaly when times are not good) needs, in my opinion, to remain "outside" of club influence.

Or would you rather have it run by the club without an "independent" voice.

We support the club in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE as we are ALL supporters.

So what is your problem with the word?

[/quote]

Guess when you put it like that it does make sense , guess I was just thinking about how nice it would be to have more of a supporters club with lots of social activities inclding trips to away games, regular monthly meet ups if we could find somewhere to have them, rather than NCISA just been active and heard of when there are problems at the club.

[/quote]

And enough money to employ a full/part time admin person to deal with it all[:D]

Wait and see what transpires over the next month or three Angel[;)]

Smudger, cyber stalking you? don''t make me laugh.

You just can''t think of any time in the past where we''ve disagreed so your trying to deflect the attention back onto me.

You really are a pathetic little scrote

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

I don''t  agree with Nutty too many times [:)] but I also would like to see NCISA rebrand without the '''' independant'''' and this is the perfect time  to do it, new season and new website.

Whats your thoughts committee members?

[/quote]

My thoughts Angel/Nutty is that you are taking the Independent out of context yet again

ANY assocation that needs to lobby etc (particulaly when times are not good) needs, in my opinion, to remain "outside" of club influence.

Or would you rather have it run by the club without an "independent" voice.

We support the club in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE as we are ALL supporters.

So what is your problem with the word?

[/quote]

Guess when you put it like that it does make sense , guess I was just thinking about how nice it would be to have more of a supporters club with lots of social activities inclding trips to away games, regular monthly meet ups if we could find somewhere to have them, rather than NCISA just been active and heard of when there are problems at the club.

[/quote]

And enough money to employ a full/part time admin person to deal with it all[:D]

Wait and see what transpires over the next month or three Angel[;)]

[/quote]

I''m sure that the people on the committee who don''t work could perhaps do some of the admin stuff if not I know someone with time on their hands who has vast experience in organising social events. [:)]

[quote user="Brian Badonde I "]Smudger, cyber stalking you? don''t make me laugh.

You just can''t think of any time in the past where we''ve disagreed so your trying to deflect the attention back onto me.

You really are a pathetic little scrote[/quote]Whatever flicks your switch... your opinion is meaningless to me until you have something interesting to say.You seem to be the one who is hung up on what I think.Who cares what I think if I''m a pathetic little scrote who is always wrong??? [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Smudger.. nCIsA is doing quite well without my input. There are quite competent people running the show and doing a far better job than I could. I would also add that nCIsA is just perfect for you. Or maybe you are just perfect for nCIsA. Your thoughts on rebranding the association and dropping the independent title are proof of it. The independent in the title may well seem an irrelevant issue this year but last year folk would have wanted to re brand it Norwich City Totally & Utterly Independent Supporters Association. Last year whether or not it was independent from the club was in no way a trivial matter.

Fortunes of a Football Club are certainly not constant. I have been a proud Canary for 43 years and in that time there have been countless occasions where the fans have been moved to protest against the club. So I wouldn''t go to all the trouble of changing the name if I was you. Because the likelihood is that there will be 3 or 4 more protests before I leave this mortal coil or am too old to care.

Now Smudger, why am I a hypocrite for attending that meeting at The Andrews? It certainly was not, or so Tilly informed me, in any way a nCIsA meeting. It was an open meeting arranged by nCIsA where all fans were publicly encouraged to attend. I remember Gazza and my mate “Two Dots” busily signing folk up. I reckon it turned out well in that respect and I’ll have a little wager with you that a relegation season which ended in an atmosphere of unrest and protest brought nCIsA many times more new members than a Championship winning season that ended in an atmosphere of harmony and celebration.

So yes I would like to belong to a supporters club but there isn’t one in Norwich. Are you suggesting nCIsA could be that club? Because a supporters club couldn’t then distance themselves from the club just because they didn’t like the manager or the board. NCIsA is good at being an independent voice for their members when they are peed off with the club and becoming less independent when their members want to feel part of the club again. And Smudger my old mate, that is exactly what you want isn’t it?

We are all members of the Football Club and they arrange travel for us and various other things. (Although I think it’s going to become even more like a business we pay for than something we are a part of) So I can make do with that or move to London and join the CC’s or maybe to NYC and hook up with Justin’s lot[H]

[/quote]I know that they will probably never win with you Nutty, but I really do not see why NCISA are not able to offer a social side to members which currently is not there in the City or the wider surrounds of Norfolk and East Anglia, while they continue to take votes and act on supporters beliefs on a whole host of issues.You keep claiming that I need NCISA for something?  I would suggest no more than you do, otherwise why did you attend the St Andrews Hall Meet?  Was it because you realised that a lone voice no matter how strong can''t be heard by the club - no matter how wrong things are going at Carrow Road?Your vote was added to the many who voted "no confidence in the board" that night, surely I don''t need to remind you of that?Nobody enforced you to attend that night, just as every member of NCISA can vote on any issues in whatever way that they like, or even decline to vote.It is a democratic organisation and it needs all different kind of fans to join it if it is to have a true voice of the fans.You are right about people signing up as NCISA members when things are going badly, but that is something the organisation seems to recognise lately and appears to be trying to do something about it.For the nominal joining fee I find it well worth the money and intend to sign up as a member regardless of the clubs fortunes.I really hope that they get a few decent social gatherings together each year for their members, as this is no criticism on the club, but I find that what they have to offer with regards to matchday travel and social events extremely dull.  I know this is a view held by a very large number of City fans.  In my opinion it would be great for an organisation to offer something a little different.  Even if it was a couple of meals out and a few beers after home games this season and a couple of bus trips (even if it was just one bus filled) going to away games and staying overnight or something.I have no idea whether that could be a success or not, but I believe that it could if marketed in the right way?

Purple..

I''m not suggesting nCIsA should make any changes, I''m just pointing out why it''s not for me. This is not a criticism of nCIsA. At least you will accept that they are a "pressure group" for want of a better word, and not a Supporters Club.

Those who run the show do a brilliant job of being a pressure group when the club are poor and a social club when everything is ok again. Which is what their members want!

[/quote]But, but, but Nutty my dear... you rightly say that people turn to NCISA in times of trouble.Now a bright young fella by the name of Can You Sit Down Please (I believe it was him - don''t want to discredit anybody) came up with the idea of looking at why that was and seeing what NCISA could do to change that.Do you not feel that it is possible for them to offer a social side as well as what they have been doing the last few years?  Do you not feel that this would increase members and funds on a more consistent basis (not just when the club is doing badly) and shake off the image that it has with many fans of purely being a pressure group and nothing else?

It''s hard work getting through to you Smudge old mate.

nCIsA is a pressure group whose members would like them to be a Supporters Club when they have no gripes with the Football Club. However, when they have gripes with the Football Club their members would like them to be a pressure group which is so independent of the Football Club that they cut all ties.

It''s rather like you Smudger. Your middle name could be nCIsA only you are far more extremist. You pulled your support far earlier than even nCIsA''s more militant members were urging them to do. I don''t think you put a penny into the club during the decline to League One. You certainly didn''t go to games and your only Carrow Road appearances were to protest. But once the club was on the up again you completely changed. Not just going to any home games you could get tickets for but away from home too. Now I am not criticising this stance. You were being honest to yourself and back your words with actions. Just like nCIsA do only they are far less militant than you. But this goes to show that the principle of wanting a supporters club during good times and a pressure group during bad times is exactly what you want and nCIsA is really a diluted Smudger.

So you ask me why nCIsA can''t be the supporters club that I feel Norwich is missing and I will answer you honestly. It can''t fulfil that role because the supporters club I would like to join wouldn''t suddenly stop it''s activities because it''s members wanted Chase Out, Worthy Out or Delia Out. I''d still like the away travel, activities and social events both when the club was in decline and when it''s on the up.

And finally, one last time, the St Andrews Hall meeting was not a nCIsA meeting. It was an open meeting. I believe it was arranged by nCIsA to give as many fans as possible the chance to have a voice during what were very dark days for the club. I have been criticised in the past for not attending the last such meeting which was called during the campaign to oust the last successful manager this club had. That was a mistake on my part and one I don''t intend repeating.

And I will just repeat that I have many good friends who are members of nCIsA and this is not a criticism of any of them. It''s not even a criticism of nCIsA. It''s just an explaination as to why nCIsA is not the supporters club for me.

It''s hard work getting through to you Smudge old mate.

nCIsA is a pressure group whose members would like them to be a Supporters Club when they have no gripes with the Football Club. However, when they have gripes with the Football Club their members would like them to be a pressure group which is so independent of the Football Club that they cut all ties.

It''s rather like you Smudger. Your middle name could be nCIsA only you are far more extremist. You pulled your support far earlier than even nCIsA''s more militant members were urging them to do. I don''t think you put a penny into the club during the decline to League One. You certainly didn''t go to games and your only Carrow Road appearances were to protest. But once the club was on the up again you completely changed. Not just going to any home games you could get tickets for but away from home too. Now I am not criticising this stance. You were being honest to yourself and back your words with actions. Just like nCIsA do only they are far less militant than you. But this goes to show that the principle of wanting a supporters club during good times and a pressure group during bad times is exactly what you want and nCIsA is really a diluted Smudger.

So you ask me why nCIsA can''t be the supporters club that I feel Norwich is missing and I will answer you honestly. It can''t fulfil that role because the supporters club I would like to join wouldn''t suddenly stop it''s activities because it''s members wanted Chase Out, Worthy Out or Delia Out. I''d still like the away travel, activities and social events both when the club was in decline and when it''s on the up.

And finally, one last time, the St Andrews Hall meeting was not a nCIsA meeting. It was an open meeting. I believe it was arranged by nCIsA to give as many fans as possible the chance to have a voice during what were very dark days for the club. I have been criticised in the past for not attending the last such meeting which was called during the campaign to oust the last successful manager this club had. That was a mistake on my part and one I don''t intend repeating.

And I will just repeat that I have many good friends who are members of nCIsA and this is not a criticism of any of them. It''s not even a criticism of nCIsA. It''s just an explaination as to why nCIsA is not the supporters club for me.

[/quote]Whoever said that they would stop the social events in times of protest Nutty??? [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]
Whoever said that they would stop the social events in times of protest Nutty??? [:|]
[/quote]

Because on all known previous form that''s what members like you would be urging them to do Smudger!!! [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]Whoever said that they would stop the social events in times of protest Nutty??? [:|][/quote]

Because on all known previous form that''s what members like you would be urging them to do Smudger!!! [:|]

[/quote]I certainly would not be encouraging them to drop the social side Nutty and have never discouraged such events taking place.If I felt that some kind of action was needed to benefit the Club, then I would make my feelings known and no doubt wait many months for NCISA to canvas the rest of their members, take a vote on it and react to whatever response they received.Like I keep saying, there is room for both in my opinion.  That may be an opinion that you disagree with?  But we will still have a pint together even though I can''t get my head around your logic of "living in the past" with what people and organisations have done.It''s rather like the recent thread by Wiz on here - DELIA I LOVE YOU - ALL IS FORGIVEN.  A little early for me and many others to jump to such conclusions, but I wouldn''t rule out the possibility of me eating a little bit of humble pie in a few years if things go really well where Delia is concerned!“Finish

each day and be done with it.

You have done what you could,

some blunders and absurdities have crept in,

forget them as soon as you can.

Tomorrow is a new day!”

Smudger...

I''m not living in the past I''m using the past to form an opinion of what will happen in the future. I could be wrong.. but I doubt it.

The football club is on the up and long may it continue. Eventually those circumstances will change. They always do. And when they do fans will be disappointed. Then they will blame someone at the club for that disappointment. Then they will want to have their voice heard lobby nCIsA to represent their views against whoever they believe is to blame for that disappointment. When we reach that point nCIsA will be called on to withdraw their sponsorship and support from the club until the club see fit to get out whoever they want out.

Smudger...

I''m not living in the past I''m using the past to form an opinion of what will happen in the future. I could be wrong.. but I doubt it.

The football club is on the up and long may it continue. Eventually those circumstances will change. They always do. And when they do fans will be disappointed. Then they will blame someone at the club for that disappointment. Then they will want to have their voice heard lobby nCIsA to represent their views against whoever they believe is to blame for that disappointment. When we reach that point nCIsA will be called on to withdraw their sponsorship and support from the club until the club see fit to get out whoever they want out.

[/quote]Maybe, maybe not?But what does all of what you have just said in those few lines above have to do with NCISA offering the same kind of social events to it''s members whatever the fortunes of NCFC might be at that particular time?  Maybe you think that NCFC has the local market for social events amongst fans cornered?  But I would say that is far from the truth!  Again that is not a criticism of the club itself, but is just an indication of the way professional football is these days.

OK.. what''s on the table for me Smudger?

My first away game will be against the "dark horses" Doncaster Rovers. Shall I ditch Cabbage and my ol'' buddys for the plush nCIsA limo?

Should I offer my services for the nCIsA Athletic football team although I should probably tell you that even when I did have a modicum of fitness I was always "last pick".

Perhaps I could get a place in the quiz team? But I warn you I''m cr@p at that too but keep it well under wraps by asking the questions.

Give me your best "hard sell" Smudge[H]

My first away game will be against the "dark horses" Doncaster Rovers. Shall I ditch Cabbage and my ol'' buddys for the plush nCIsA limo?

Should I offer my services for the nCIsA Athletic football team although I should probably tell you that even when I did have a modicum of fitness I was always "last pick".

Perhaps I could get a place in the quiz team? But I warn you I''m cr@p at that too but keep it well under wraps by asking the questions.

[/quote]What would you like on your table that Club Cabbage and NCFC in general do not serve up for you Nutty?  I have no idea what your taste in social affairs may be (I hope it''s better than your taste in shirts [:P]) and where you personally see the shortfalls of what is on offer from the club itself.  If there is something new you think could be offered to Norwich fans in and around the City which isn''t currently, then why not give us a few suggestions?As I said, I am no committee member and all I can do is tell them what I would find interesting if they were to offer something to their members similar to what appeals to me.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What would you like on your table that Club Cabbage and NCFC in general do not serve up for you Nutty?  I have no idea what your taste in social affairs may be (I hope it''s better than your taste in shirts [:P]) and where you personally see the shortfalls of what is on offer from the club itself.  If there is something new you think could be offered to Norwich fans in and around the City which isn''t currently, then why not give us a few suggestions?

As I said, I am no committee member and all I can do is tell them what I would find interesting if they were to offer something to their members similar to what appeals to me.
[/quote]

I know what appeals to my member[;)]

Thanks for the continued ad Smudger,

My whole aim in joining the NCISA committee was to try and find things to ADD something to the appeal of NCISA. This is steadily happening,.

The delay in the new website has held these ideas up BUT they will now start appearing. It will offer things back to members other than just a voice. You don''t know even the Nutster MAY find some of them appealing[:O] 

ALL ideas are welcome and will be looked at seriously (if biologicaly possible)

[quote user="Smudger"]
But what does all of what you have just said in those few lines above have to do with NCISA offering the same kind of social events to it''s members whatever the fortunes of NCFC might be at that particular time?  Maybe you think that NCFC has the local market for social events amongst fans cornered?  But I would say that is far from the truth!  Again that is not a criticism of the club itself, but is just an indication of the way professional football is these days.
[/quote]

Are you on commission Smudger for how many people you can recruit at the BBQ? [:)] [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Smudger"]But what does all of what you have just said in those few lines above have to do with NCISA offering the same kind of social events to it''s members whatever the fortunes of NCFC might be at that particular time?  Maybe you think that NCFC has the local market for social events amongst fans cornered?  But I would say that is far from the truth!  Again that is not a criticism of the club itself, but is just an indication of the way professional football is these days.[/quote]

Are you on commission Smudger for how many people you can recruit at the BBQ? [:)] [:)]

[/quote]Nope, they pay me nothing Angel, just like the club do for my fantastic scouting skills! [;)]At least we at long last have a manager who often sings from the same hymn sheet as I do though.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Nope, they pay me nothing Angel, just like the club do for my fantastic scouting skills! [;)]

[/quote]

Well they should do, maybe you should become their PR officer [:D]

"We will be attending the NCFC open day on the first of August. When we will be presenting trophys to the following:"

It''s a fair point, made earlier on, that NCISA could do with someone with some sort of PR/Journalistic/writing experience to help with getting the message across. I''m not too au fait with the organisation yet but communication is absolutely everything - it wins and loses support, just the manner in which you present yourself as an organisation, how you deal with people, the content of your literature and your website. I only highlight that particular line from the website as it contains 2 pretty glaring errors which suggest that attention to detail may not be all it could be with communication. Understandable when a new website is on its way/currently under construction, I''m only making a point here.

Communication is absolutely everything. The be all and end all. Good communication and you''ve more members, more input, kept abreast of developments, engaged and so on. Bad organisation and you get people not joining or not caring what the organisation actually does.

It goes without saying that it''s also all well and good to sit on the sidelines and poke criticisms, rather than get involved and actually do something. I''ve worked in plenty of voluntary organisations and in certain positions where this is the case. It''s nice to snipe from the side - the measure of someone is to back that up. So it''s fair to say that, when I move back to Norwich next month, I will be joining.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]"We will be attending the NCFC open day on the first of August. When we will be presenting trophys to the following:" It''s a fair point, made earlier on, that NCISA could do with someone with some sort of PR/Journalistic/writing experience to help with getting the message across. I''m not too au fait with the organisation yet but communication is absolutely everything - it wins and loses support, just the manner in which you present yourself as an organisation, how you deal with people, the content of your literature and your website. I only highlight that particular line from the website as it contains 2 pretty glaring errors which suggest that attention to detail may not be all it could be with communication. Understandable when a new website is on its way/currently under construction, I''m only making a point here. Communication is absolutely everything. The be all and end all. Good communication and you''ve more members, more input, kept abreast of developments, engaged and so on. Bad organisation and you get people not joining or not caring what the organisation actually does. It goes without saying that it''s also all well and good to sit on the sidelines and poke criticisms, rather than get involved and actually do something. I''ve worked in plenty of voluntary organisations and in certain positions where this is the case. It''s nice to snipe from the side - the measure of someone is to back that up. So it''s fair to say that, when I move back to Norwich next month, I will be joining.[/quote]

Wrist slapped, put on in a hurry between many other jobs.

Look forward to meeting you when you return to GODS county[:D]