Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Dumpling

News about NCISA

[quote user="Canary"]What have NCISA done for the club? or are doing for the Club?[/quote]The clue is in the name, they represent the views of the fans, and are independent from the club.[:)]

Not really what I asked? the clue in the question i.e. what have they done and what are they doing for the club 

[quote user="Canary"]

Not really what I asked? the clue in the question i.e. what have they done and what are they doing for the club 

[/quote]My take on this, and I am not an official NCISA spokesman, is that they are an independent association that represent fans views, concerns and issues, and approach the club where appropriate.They don''t do anything for the club as such.

[quote user="Canary"]

[/quote]They raise money for FONCY, and are involved in consultations with the club.  They also arrange forums where the likes of McNally and Lambert are invited to speak to their members. 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canary"]

[/quote]

My take on this, and I am not an official NCISA spokesman, is that they are an independent association that represent fans views, concerns and issues, and approach the club where appropriate.

They don''t do anything for the club as such.
[/quote]

Sort of like a Trade Union for the fans Morty[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Canary"]

[/quote]My take on this, and I am not an official NCISA spokesman, is that they are an independent association that represent fans views, concerns and issues, and approach the club where appropriate.They don''t do anything for the club as such.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, thats my take on it, I thought it was pretty obvious.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yeah, thats my take on it, I thought it was pretty obvious.
[/quote]

That''s my take too. But it''s also why I don''t join. I really like the people and spending time with other City Fans. The problem I have is that I believe the fans are as much a part of the club as the team. Without the fans there would be no club. The idea of a supporters club that is part of the club excites me far more than one that is independent.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Yeah, thats my take on it, I thought it was pretty obvious.[/quote]

That''s my take too. But it''s also why I don''t join. I really like the people and spending time with other City Fans. The problem I have is that I believe the fans are as much a part of the club as the team. Without the fans there would be no club. The idea of a supporters club that is part of the club excites me far more than one that is independent.

[/quote]But isn''t it better to have an independent voice that is primarily concentrated on what the fans want, ie it should be us telling the club how we want things to be without an official club influence perhaps wanting to steer things in a different way for different reasons?I agree that we are all part of the same team, and want the same things, but the club may prioritise different things than a fan would, they have other issues that concern them more than what the fans want.

[quote user="McNallyindahouse"]I thought FONCY raised money for FONCY?Very successfully too!I didn''t think NCISA had anything to do with FONCY.[:|][/quote]Oh Mr Mc, why so disappointed ?I was going to refute this by providing an article from their site.  Sadly their site appears to be awash with men with hard hats, missing floor boards, and electrical flex poking out of walls at the moment, so you''ll have to wait for someone else to prove one of us right.No offence / misinformation was intended by my previous statement, yer''honour.

I don''t really go along with that Morty. Do you honestly believe that an independent group of fans really do know more about managing a team than Worthy, know more about owning a club than Delia or know more about running a club than Doncaster.

(OK maybe the last one) [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t really go along with that Morty. Do you honestly believe that an independent group of fans really do know more about managing a team than Worthy, know more about owning a club than Delia or know more about running a club than Doncaster.

[/quote]But surely most intelligent people would recognise these facts, and leave actual decisions to the people most qualified? It is a supporters association''s remit to put across the concerns, ideas and opinions of the fans, but up to the club ultimately what they do with this information.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Just think back to St Andrews and the reasons for that meeting and you answer your own question Nutty.

Yes NCISA do give money to Foncy to help with the costs.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

But surely most intelligent people would recognise these facts, and leave actual decisions to the people most qualified? It is a supporters association''s remit to put across the concerns, ideas and opinions of the fans, but up to the club ultimately what they do with this information.

[/quote]

What you describe is a trade union type association that collates the fans views and takes them to the club. Yes there is a place for that and that association will always be stronger when things are not going well for the football club.

My idea of a supporters club is very different. A supporters club would bring together the fans and organise away travel, social events, maybe a football team that played other supporters clubs, maybe competitions between Norwich Canaries and Capital Canaries or Nortrhern Canaries. Certainly close contact with other supporters groups all over the world. Perhaps we could get Justin''s lot over for a game of crib instead of just being an association where we can crib about what''s wrong.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Just think back to St Andrews and the reasons for that meeting and you answer your own question Nutty.

[/quote]

I think it''s important the club does liaise with fans to make sure they are going in the right direction with decision making. That''s not to say fans should make policy but help in moulding/refining is important

NCISA is the biggest in number of members but by their own admission struggle to get full interaction from the collective, a shame as St Andrews did show City fans can offer constructive opinions

[/quote]

[/quote]

And that''s your biggest problem Butler old mate. nCIsA are synonymous with this type of thing. First of all they were Chase Out (still surprises me to see you there), then they were Worthy Out and then... not entirely sure who they wanted out last summer but we did vote no confidence in the board.

But supporting Norwich is what we do for pleasure and a supporters club should be synonymous with pleasurable activities. Or it should for me anyway. Poor old nCIsA only comes to prominence when supporting Norwich is not very pleasurable.

[/quote]

[/quote]If NCISA do give money to FONCY you''d think they (FONCY) would at least acknowledge that on their website, wouldn''t you?It''s always a good thing to be open about where the money goes and comes from.

[quote user="McNallyindahouse"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If NCISA do give money to FONCY you''d think they (FONCY) would at least acknowledge that on their website, wouldn''t you?

It''s always a good thing to be open about where the money goes and comes from.

[/quote]

My error it''s direct.

To aid the development of young players. We have in the past given some sponsorship for their Overseas tournaments which is good for their personal and professional development, we''ve bought new footballs for them, we''ve donated money towards the Tactic Zone as well.

Hope this sets the record straight.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]At the risk of being a pain, how long before the new look is finished Mr Butler sir ?
[/quote]

I am waiting on the "publisher" as we have also re-sited it.

All design etc finished.

Database finished etc. Just getting the "starting" final content on.

The idea is that all will be able to contribute and add, well all members that is!

Had hoped to have had this finished 2 weeks ago but as I said the guy behind a lot of it got injured in Egypt and although it was his foot not his hands, it has delayed us.

As it will be bringing a lot of new things to NCISA members I am more then keen to get it in the public domain asap.

I am getting pressure from all sides on this so will throw a hissy fit any day now![;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Brian Badonde I "]I wholeheartedly agree with you Leeds Canary...when I met John last year it was an informative meeting and I believe him to be the man for the job. However I''m not being made welcome by other members of the association who have continued to ignore my apology request. I don''t think its difficult and if you read the post cityangel ''recovered'' you will see I resolved my differences with the NCISA but the association seem to have a selective memory. I don''t think I have to ask again for an apology now do I?[/quote]

Who from NCISA are you awaiting an apology from?

[/quote]Exactly Mr Butler... [Y]Maybe you should tie me up and gag me at the next NCISA event if it helps your cause to get more members on board??? [:|][/quote]

No just leave it to your Bro to slap you into order[;)]

Although tying you up and gagging you might just be the final bit we need to persuade people we are serious!![:D] Will try it at the BBQ

[/quote]haha I will look forwards to it... [:P]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]I have nothing whatsoever to do with the NCISA committee.[/quote]Statements like that are why nobody takes you seriously Smudger![/quote]Who doesn''t take me seriously exactly then Lapp?Do you know something I don''t?  [:|]Yes I know a good number of people on the committee and the people I know on it have always taken me and my views seriously (although I do have my doubt''s over Tilly at times - only joking).  They may not agree with my views and sometimes think that they are a little extreme, but I think they no better than to sweep them under the carpet, as the majority of posters on this very messageboard tried to do a couple of years ago.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]At the risk of being a pain, how long before the new look is finished Mr Butler sir ?[/quote]

I am waiting on the "publisher" as we have also re-sited it.

All design etc finished.

Database finished etc. Just getting the "starting" final content on.

The idea is that all will be able to contribute and add, well all members that is!

Had hoped to have had this finished 2 weeks ago but as I said the guy behind a lot of it got injured in Egypt and although it was his foot not his hands, it has delayed us.

As it will be bringing a lot of new things to NCISA members I am more then keen to get it in the public domain asap.

I am getting pressure from all sides on this so will throw a hissy fit any day now![;)]

[/quote]I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour - these things are often more complicated than they look.  Could a holding page be put up for the brief period of "under construction" ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Why don''t you just join for the social side of it then Nutty?Nobody demands that you turn up to forums and independantly question the club on a hole host of different matters.Maybe then you and others like you could have your say when wishing to prevent all of us trouble makers from stirring things up, the next time we decide to have a witch hunt??? [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yeah, thats my take on it, I thought it was pretty obvious.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why don''t you just join for the social side of it then Nutty?

Nobody demands that you turn up to forums and independantly question the club on a hole host of different matters.

Maybe then you and others like you could have your say when wishing to prevent all of us trouble makers from stirring things up, the next time we decide to have a witch hunt??? [:^)]

[/quote]

That pretty much sums up why[:|]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]But isn''t it better to have an independent voice that is primarily concentrated on what the fans want, ie it should be us telling the club how we want things to be without an official club influence perhaps wanting to steer things in a different way for different reasons?I agree that we are all part of the same team, and want the same things, but the club may prioritise different things than a fan would, they have other issues that concern them more than what the fans want.[/quote]Exactly Morty.... [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Why don''t you just join for the social side of it then Nutty?Nobody demands that you turn up to forums and independantly question the club on a hole host of different matters.Maybe then you and others like you could have your say when wishing to prevent all of us trouble makers from stirring things up, the next time we decide to have a witch hunt??? [:^)][/quote]

That pretty much sums up why[:|]

[/quote]Explain yourself Nutty.I don''t understand.  You enjoy the social side, you said so earlier.I believe that the younger committee members are trying to organise more socially, so why not join for that side of things if that is what you enjoy?There are no set rules to say that you must take part in anything which doesn''t interest you.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And that''s your biggest problem Butler old mate. nCIsA are synonymous with this type of thing. First of all they were Chase Out (still surprises me to see you there), then they were Worthy Out and then... not entirely sure who they wanted out last summer but we did vote no confidence in the board.

But supporting Norwich is what we do for pleasure and a supporters club should be synonymous with pleasurable activities. Or it should for me anyway. Poor old nCIsA only comes to prominence when supporting Norwich is not very pleasurable.

[/quote]Very true Nutty, rightly or wrongly that is what many people would say is one of NCISA''s main faults.This is something that I think some of the newer committee members have recognised and are trying to rectify.In order to do this though, surely they need to be able to find out the opinions on what ALL Norwich City fans would find enjoyable and maybe not something which is on offer at the Club itself or elsewhere.Are you currently a member or not Nutty?What would it take on the pleasurable social side of things to see you sign up as a member?

Smudger..

I''m guessing you see nCIsA as an association that gives a voice to the fans. That''s fair enough and you probably have a need for it. I have no need for it so don''t join. I would join if it was a Supporters Club.

This is not a criticism of anyone in anyway. Especially not a criticism of the folk who give up their time to make the Association work. They have an unenviable and practically impossible task of keeping their membership happy. On one hand they are expected to be independent of the club to the extent where they can actually harm the club if their membership feels neccessary. On the other hand they are expected to cosy up to the club and provide forums and social gatherings with staff and players when their members are happy and want to feel part of the club again. In all Tilly, Kathy and their gang do remarkably well trying to be all things to all men.