Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Are we going to mess it up!?

Looking at our remaining fixtures the following is not out of the question

Leyton Orient - L

Charlton - L

Gillingham - W

Bristol Rovers - D

Which puts us on 90 points if Millwall and leeds were both to win 3 draw 1 they would be on 88 and 87 points going into the last game, Although we finish with a home game with Carlisle which should be a banker the pressure will be immense and the cumbrians have already beaten us this season! I know theres alot of ifs and buts, but im a little bit worried especially now we''re without holt for 2 games!

Sorry to be pessemistic but im getting a little nervous, the points tally we already have would normally be enough to go up!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Leyton Orient - L

Charlton - L

Gillingham - W

Bristol Rovers - D

Which puts us on 90 points if Millwall and leeds were both to win 3 draw 1 they would be on 88 and 87 points going into the last game, Although we finish with a home game with Carlisle which should be a banker the pressure will be immense and the cumbrians have already beaten us this season! I know theres alot of ifs and buts, but im a little bit worried especially now we''re without holt for 2 games!

Sorry to be pessemistic but im getting a little nervous, the points tally we already have would normally be enough to go up!

[/quote]No.

So even if we mess it up and get the results you suggested we will still be 3 points clear of Leeds going into the last day of the season against Carlisle so a point would be good enough for promotion even if Leeds win. So looks unlikely really doesnt it.

[quote user="Askounin"]So even if we mess it up and get the results you suggested we will still be 3 points clear of Leeds going into the last day of the season against Carlisle so a point would be good enough for promotion even if Leeds win. So looks unlikely really doesnt it.
[/quote]

sorry yes but i meant the championship aswell, will we mess that up?

[quote user="Askounin"]So even if we mess it up and get the results you suggested we will still be 3 points clear of Leeds going into the last day of the season against Carlisle so a point would be good enough for promotion even if Leeds win. So looks unlikely really doesnt it.[/quote]

[/quote]God Knows? There''s still five games to go yet this season. we haven''t even got there yet let alone signed players and had a pre season.

Leyton Orient - L

Charlton - L

Gillingham - W

Bristol Rovers - D

[/quote]

It''s all part of being a NCFC supporter, being nervous I mean.

There''s always that niggling doubt lol and I don''t think you''ll be alone in your thinking.

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Askounin"]So even if we mess it up and get the results you suggested we will still be 3 points clear of Leeds going into the last day of the season against Carlisle so a point would be good enough for promotion even if Leeds win. So looks unlikely really doesnt it.[/quote]

[/quote]God Knows? There''s still five games to go yet this season. we haven''t even got there yet let alone signed players and had a pre season.[/quote]Nah, we''ll be fine. [:)] I am almost certain we will win on Tuesday and against Gillingham, so we''ll win the league easily. And Askounin, you wanna make a new club? [:)]

[quote user="Brendo "]Nah, we''ll be fine. [:)] I am almost certain we will win on Tuesday and against Gillingham, so we''ll win the league easily. And Askounin, you wanna make a new club? [:)][/quote]lol, what happened? did you get banned for life?

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Brendo "]Nah, we''ll be fine. [:)] I am almost certain we will win on Tuesday and against Gillingham, so we''ll win the league easily. And Askounin, you wanna make a new club? [:)][/quote]lol, what happened? did you get banned for life?[/quote]Lol me + Ben did yeah. [:(] Made new accounts though, and added you to new club if you want in. [:)]Oh, and I''m loving the Bermuda thing. [;)] Nice one. I''m 19-0 on my new account. Sooooo easy playing people at the start though.

Yep I''m still sure we are not beyond a major meltdown, I''m never happy or confident, and that''s not me in general, it''s the way the club in recent times have made me.....sad I know but very true at the same time, the sooner the better this season is over, for health reasons of course.

Leyton Orient - L

Charlton - L

Gillingham - W

Bristol Rovers - D

[/quote]

I don''t think we''ll mess it up but like you am nervous and don''t see us getting more than a draw at Orient and nothing at Charlton. Think several of us said a couple of weeks ago that people were getting carried away with their promotion party threads, lets get over the winning line before we start thinking about next season.

I don''t think we are going to mess up now...... but I think it will be much closer than we thought a couple of weeks ago.

I''m just glad we have that 9 point cushion or it could be another story.

If Grant Holt wasn''t such a fool today i would be much more confident.

[quote user="G"]If Grant Holt wasn''t such a fool today i would be much more confident.[/quote]

Have to agree [:)]

No, we''re not going to mess it up, and I think we''ll do quite nicely out of the next two games... I am, however, worried about our game against Gillingham at home.  They''ve just said on the FLS that the Gills are the only team without a win away from home... and their next away game? Norwich, at Carrow Road.Given our past record for helping teams to end losing runs, what odds on us losing this one?!? [:S]Barely matters, though, cos we''ll be promoted by then... [:P][;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]No, we''re not going to mess it up, and I think we''ll do quite nicely out of the next two games... I am, however, worried about our game against Gillingham at home.  They''ve just said on the FLS that the Gills are the only team without a win away from home... and their next away game? Norwich, at Carrow Road.Given our past record for helping teams to end losing runs, what odds on us losing this one?!? [:S]Barely matters, though, cos we''ll be promoted by then... [:P][;)][/quote]

-

I wouldn''t worry about that game as i''m going and we''ve won all 6 games i''ve been to this season! :)

Can''t believe how negative everyone is after a draw, we''re not going to win every game.

4 points from our next 2 games and wrap it up against the gills. We''re top for a reason even if it is that we''re not as rubbish as the rest of this league.

I am confident, and have been so since Lambert''s appointment. Once Gunn had gone the whole club has been transformed, this has been evident in so many games, and the way the club is being run off the pitch also.

I can see us being able to win all our remaining games, despite the obvious hazards as the more incompetent officials being given to us at the end of the season.

Have faith people. Start booking your holidays from the 8th onwards.

We are going up as Champions!

Leyton Orient - L

Charlton - L

Gillingham - W

Bristol Rovers - D

[/quote]

Fixtures

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Coca-Cola Football League One

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Charlton v Norwich, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Norwich v Carlisle, 15:00

At worst those 5 games will bring us 3 wins and 2 draws - which would give us 97 points

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Leyton Orient - L

Charlton - L

Gillingham - W

Bristol Rovers - D

[/quote]

Fixtures

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Norwich v Gillingham, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Saturday, 8 May 2010

At worst those 5 games will bring us 3 wins and 2 draws - which would give us 97 points

[/quote]I wish I shared your optimism. With Holt missing in the next two games, I think we''ll draw at Orient and lose at Charlton, especially if Wes is still missing.Orient- DCharlton- LGillingham- WB Rovers- DCarlisle- WI have us to gain promotion at Bristol Rovers, with us finishing on 94 points and Leeds getting 2nd finishing on 90.

Nine points ahead of Leeds with so few games left. I personally think it''s in the bag. We are not suddenly going to start losing and will inevitably pick up a few more points at the least. I also feel that we will be stronger away from Carrow Road from now on because there will be less tension. We are at worst a competent side who can grind out a few results. The loss of Holt and Hoolihan might mean that we adopt more defensive tactics for away games, in imitation of some of the teams who have got points from coming to Carrow Road. Such temporary measures at this stage in the season are justified. It is up to our rivals to take the initiative. We can just defend our position.

Supporters naturally get nervous and over-estimate the winability of our opponents.

Leeds, Swindon, Millwall will not win all their remaining  games. It just does not happen ( well some play each other  as well.) as there is so little to chose between many of the sides in this division. For relegation candidates, Tranmers looked more than decent when we played them and then benefitted from other assistance.. Look at the hammering Colchester gave Swindon yesterday. 

Yes, it will be the "nervous nineties," but I feel that it''s job done and I am usually a negative person.

At worst we will get big fat zero points!

That''s the stark reality. Unlikely though.

Holt was daft getting himself suspended - now we need to do it without him for 40% of the remaining games...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Leyton Orient - L

Charlton - L

Gillingham - W

Bristol Rovers - D

[/quote]

Fixtures

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Saturday, 8 May 2010

[/quote]

Wrong!!