Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Thanks Russell. Thanks Doc. Thank you referee.

Cant believe people are defending Doc on this thread!!! On THAT pitch he should never have attempted a backpass irrespective of the outcome!! He has beenin the game long enough to know bwtter, end of story!!!

No, chops, you blame the keeper for something that was questionable at best. Of the 3 involved, Foster was the least to blame. Doherty started it, and maybe the ref made a bad call, but it would not have been an issue if not for the stupid pass attempt.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No, chops, you blame the keeper for something that was questionable at best. Of the 3 involved, Foster was the least to blame. Doherty started it, and maybe the ref made a bad call, but it would not have been an issue if not for the stupid pass attempt.[/quote]Does "it was a bad back pass" not imply the back pass was, um, bad?But still, Forster didn''t cover himself in glory by taking the player out, giving a pen away and getting sent off.

No, chops, you blame the keeper for something that was questionable at best. Of the 3 involved, Foster was the least to blame. Doherty started it, and maybe the ref made a bad call, but it would not have been an issue if not for the stupid pass attempt.

Does "it was a bad back pass" not imply the back pass was, um, bad?

But still, Forster didn''t cover himself in glory by taking the player out, giving a pen away and getting sent off.

Thank you for illustrating my point for me. You blame it all on Foster. Ok, the pass was bad, BUT............... Get real.

I swore I wouldn''t post whilst emotions are running high from the game, but what the hell!

I''m behind Doc all the way after his performances this eason but that pass was absolutely shocking even with out the quagmire it would never have reached Forster, yes Ian Thomas Moore, Henry the 8th Cranmer was diving before Forster went down but so would any professional striker and the Ref had no choice on that one I''m afraid.

The first ''Penalty'' was an absolute joke, how the lino gave that I''ll never know.

And the third goal, well I guess I can''t say what I think without the swear filter!

Overall though I''m not disappointed, we always tried to play the game the right way even when 3 down and only ten men and credit to Tranmere for continuing to press, a blip in an otherwise superb season, phew that''s better!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="LinkNR9"]Why are we always crap on Sky TV?[/quote]

I''m not sure that Doc''s bad back pass meant Forster had to bring the striker down, but let''s not miss a chance to knock one of the old favourite scapegoats.

[/quote]

Lets not miss a chance to back him to the hilt in defiance of other posters....
[/quote]

Let''s not miss a chance to make another knobheaded comment...
[/quote]

...not if it gives you the chance to get the post count up !!! [8-)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Your an idiot, thanks russel? piss off! Doc was at fault but still looked like a dive and dont get me start on number 3. -birchfest You would sound less like an idiot yourself if you knew how to spell "you''re". People like chops coming on here to defend the defenseless are as much the reason why there used to be so many anti-Doherty threads. If you would admit he made a mistake when it is as plain as day, maybe then others wouldn''t be so quick to jump on him, but this blind dedication can be maddening.[/quote]

It''s a football message board, not a frigging spelling test.

A little foolish also, considering you have also made one. I did well to spot it amongst the old mumbo jumbo I''ve missed so much.

Find the mistakes in my post, I couldn''t give a shiny one.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="LinkNR9"]Why are we always crap on Sky TV?[/quote]I''m not sure that Doc''s bad back pass meant Forster had to bring the striker down, but let''s not miss a chance to knock one of the old favourite scapegoats.[/quote]Quite.

The first penalty shouldn''t have been given. Its was quite obviously a ball-to-arm situation. Why the ref decided to give a penalty is beyond me. The guy was clueless. I at least thought he might have given an indirect free kick or something like that.

The second was largely Docs fault. He delivered such an awful backpass without looking to see who was around him. This of course lead to Forster taking his man down, getting sent off, reducing us to 10 men and also giving away the second penalty of the game, all inside the first 10 minutes.

The third goal was just down to absolutely disgraceful refereeing. How that goal was allowed to stand is a travesty. Unlike Russell, that WAS hand-to-ball. Everyone stood still thinking it would be called but according to the oh-so-wonderful referees it was a perfectly legal goal. So of course we find ourselves 3-0 down all because of poor play and even poorer refereeing.

As for Holt''s goal I firmly believe the ball WAS still in play just before he scored, and I do say this without yellow and green specs on.

At the end of the day the scoreline greatly flatters Tranmere purely because it makes it look like we were outplayed and beaten fair and square, rather than showing the truly awful full picture of us being robbed of the 3 points by our own amateur mistakes and totally shocking refereeing.

I''m not happy at all with tonights game as you can tell. I now expect 3 points on Monday, and I also want more than 4 goals scored against the leakiest defence in the league.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Idiotic thread title. Russell had the ball kicked into his arm and Docs back pass got stuck in the mud.. sorry pitch.That cnut dived before Forster had even made contact![/quote][Y]

Your an idiot, thanks russel? piss off! Doc was at fault but still looked like a dive and dont get me start on number 3. -birchfest You would sound less like an idiot yourself if you knew how to spell "you''re".

People like chops coming on here to defend the defenseless are as much the reason why there used to be so many anti-Doherty threads. If you would admit he made a mistake when it is as plain as day, maybe then others wouldn''t be so quick to jump on him, but this blind dedication can be maddening.

It''s a football message board, not a frigging spelling test.

A little foolish also, considering you have also made one. I did well to spot it amongst the old mumbo jumbo I''ve missed so much.

Find the mistakes in my post, I couldn''t give a shiny one.

I don''t know what mistake you think I made, but you missed the point due to some vendetta you suddenly have since my spelling comment was not directed to you.

Do you not find it ironic or hypocritical when a comment refers to someone else''s lack of intelligence with a poorly spelled attack of their own?

The Forster sending off was reminiscent of Gillingham at the start of the season,where in my opinion there was no contact with the player( from where I was sitting there was fresh air between Forster & Weston).Players at this level realise that the standard of officials in this division is poor & cheat to gain an advantage,in last nights case by starting a dive a fraction of a second before an approaching Forster.Tranmere''s third was jawdropping in the sheer incompetence of the ref & I hope he feels uncomfortable when he sees a replay.It should come as no surprise to our players though that the third tier brings third rate refs & third rate playing surfaces.It was the surface that caused Docs backpass to slow drastically,but surely our players must realise that other teams are not lucky enough to have a playing surface like we have at Carrow Road & must take this into consideration.It was not a good game to watch for us but we must look forward to the next game & come out all guns blazing at Carrow Road against Stockport.It''s not the time to criticize our team,who have played superbly over the season & we are after all top for a reason.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No, chops, you blame the keeper for something that was questionable at best. Of the 3 involved, Foster was the least to blame. Doherty started it, and maybe the ref made a bad call, but it would not have been an issue if not for the stupid pass attempt.

But still, Forster didn''t cover himself in glory by taking the player out, giving a pen away and getting sent off.

Thank you for illustrating my point for me. You blame it all on Foster. Ok, the pass was bad, BUT............... Get real.[/quote]Forster made a bodge of his job, having been put into a very difficult situation by a bad Doherty back pass.  Do you understand how more than one person can be at fault?I can''t believe they let you pass your wisdom onto generations of future Americans.  No wonder your country is fuqued.

[quote user="Houston Canary"] I don''t know what mistake you think I made, but you missed the point due to some vendetta you suddenly have since my spelling comment was not directed to you. Do you not find it ironic or hypocritical when a comment refers to someone else''s lack of intelligence with a poorly spelled attack of their own?[/quote]

Do you find it ironic or hypocritical that when trying to point out someone has spelt something incorrectly trying to imply someone has a lack of intelligence that you make a spelling mistake yourself, and then don''t know what it is?

It''s not a sudden vendetta, I take issue with the majority of tripe you spout, as you must surely be aware, and it doesn''t have to be directed at me for me to have an opinion on it.

I take exception to posters that try to claim they are more intelligent because they may have better literary skills, the two do not always go hand in hand. Also, it may just be that someone has made a mistake so it bears no relevance to the value of their point. Additionally, you don''t have to be academically bright to play or understand football and therefore can take part in a debate on a football message board, by getting your point across regardless of grammar.

Do you get my gist 

I think 9/10 times any keeper is going to do the exact same thing. Forsters closed him down and moved his hands out of the way but the striker has gone down early and caught forster shoulder. It''s a pen and a red card. Doc should not be making a pass like that on such a poor pitch. this incident is irrelevant though because even at 2-0 and with 10men i fancied us to win it.

OTBC

[quote user="LinkNR9"]And what really pees me off is Peter Beagrie - the Norwich hater - giving it large at half time.[/quote]

He was grinning like a demented ape, wasn''t he? Why does he dislike City?

Re: more than one can take the blame, YES of course, but the MAJOR blunder and therefore the vast majority of the blame goes to the instigator, not the person who was caught by surprise at something so stupid. You seem to think Foster should be expecting such errors.

gut, if you think I spelled something wrong, just come out and say it.

The vendetta may have been brewing for some time, but its reappearence was quite sudden, coinciding with the Doherty thread. Not surprise there. You Doherty mavens always have an excuse for him no matter what, and you always think there is a massive conspiracy to bench him which nobody has been calling for in ages.

I agree good writing skill does not guarentee intelligence, but it''s a pretty good indicator. That has nothing to do with anything, though. Take your Doherty colored glasses off and read my comment without bias. It IS hypocritical to call someone else an idiot while making simple spelling errors. Imagine that last sentence was written by someone else and maybe then you can agree with it without feeling dirty.

Yes, I get your gist, and most of it seems to indicate you did not get mine. But you''re not an idiot.

" but the striker has gone down early and caught forster shoulder. It''s a pen and a red card "

That is absolutely ridiculous.

He "has gone down early" - therefore it is not at the making of the opposing player. NO FOUL.

"caught forster shoulder" - therefore HIS action caused him to make contact with the opposing player. If anything a FOUL to the opposing player (Forster)

If that is not clear enough I suggest you take a look at the 1913 Derby where a woman threw herself under the King''s horse. I presume you will deduce that it was the horse''s fault.

Next time a keepers on the floor a striker simply has to throw himself at the keeper and not only will he get a penalty but will get the keeper sent off as well !

ps this is solely a response to the idiot post, NOT my view of what happened.

I find it remarkable how any Norwich fan can criticise ANY of the players who have got us into the position we find ourselves in League One. But I would expect nothing less from LinkNR10 who has once again proven his lack of mental strength.

Yes Doherty shouldn''t of passed back from the halfway line on that pitch, Yes maybe Forster could''ve conducted himself a little better but the fact remains these are perhaps 2 of maybe 5 or 6 consistent performers in a Norwich City squad which has got us to within a grasp of automatic promotion.

Tranmere was and I don''t want to use cliches here, ''one of those games'' we need to move on and forget about it.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Re: more than one can take the blame, YES of course, but the MAJOR blunder and therefore the vast majority of the blame goes to the instigator, not the person who was caught by surprise at something so stupid. You seem to think Foster should be expecting such errors. gut, if you think I spelled something wrong, just come out and say it. The vendetta may have been brewing for some time, but its reappearence was quite sudden, coinciding with the Doherty thread. Not surprise there. You Doherty mavens always have an excuse for him no matter what, and you always think there is a massive conspiracy to bench him which nobody has been calling for in ages. I agree good writing skill does not guarentee intelligence, but it''s a pretty good indicator. That has nothing to do with anything, though. Take your Doherty colored glasses off and read my comment without bias. It IS hypocritical to call someone else an idiot while making simple spelling errors. Imagine that last sentence was written by someone else and maybe then you can agree with it without feeling dirty. Yes, I get your gist, and most of it seems to indicate you did not get mine. But you''re not an idiot.[/quote]

I have not made an excuse for Doherty, and your normal twisting of comments or portraying a picture of your own making makes it vitually impossible to have a sensible debate with you. I would feel pretty much the same whoever made the comment, it''s just my tolerance of your pettiness and pomposity is virtually non existant. I think I do get your gist. The mistake you make in being hypocritical is defenceless I think.

gut, I was responding to 2 comments so the stuff about Doherty was not in relation to what I had to say to you when you jumped on my original comment that pointed out how asinine it is to refer to someone else as an idiot when you do so with spelling mistakes.

Have you figured out what I supposedly misspelled yet, or do you realize that it is fine to spell "spelled" my way and yours?

You are ultrasenitive to comments regarding Doherty, so much so you get involved for no apparent reason other than to spew vile.

What comment have I twisted? You are the one attacking me, and I respond with what seem to me to be fairly clear statements, not obscure chicken crap about who''s pompous and twisting words of others. Bring some substance to the debate or clear off instead of coming across as a windbag simp with an agenda.

Ever actually seen Doherty play live Houston?A question you seem to have ducked pretty often.

I have answered it plenty of times, morty. YES!

What difference does that make?

What does it have to do with his bad pass? What does it have to do with my original comment about the hypocrisy and/or irony I pointed out pages ago of referring to someone as an idiot with a statement filled with spelling mistakes?

Did I say Doherty needs to be benched? Did I say his play cost us the game? Did I say he player poorly the rest of the game? No, no and no. That high horse you''re on makes you stick out like a sore thumb. Diiiiis-MOUNT!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]gut, I was responding to 2 comments so the stuff about Doherty was not in relation to what I had to say to you when you jumped on my original comment that pointed out how asinine it is to refer to someone else as an idiot when you do so with spelling mistakes. Have you figured out what I supposedly misspelled yet, or do you realize that it is fine to spell "spelled" my way and yours? You are ultrasenitive to comments regarding Doherty, so much so you get involved for no apparent reason other than to spew vile. What comment have I twisted? You are the one attacking me, and I respond with what seem to me to be fairly clear statements, not obscure chicken crap about who''s pompous and twisting words of others. Bring some substance to the debate or clear off instead of coming across as a windbag simp with an agenda.[/quote]

I try to make my posts and what I think as clear as possible. Why do i have to work so hard to try and understand yours, I aint the brightest but I aint that thick either. It would appear that you have made yet another error in your posts. Let''s back track a little when talking about bringing substance to a debate, pointing out a spelling mistake on a football message board. I don''t think you''re clever, I think you''re a conceited kunt. Pick the spelling mistake out of that.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]gut, I was responding to 2 comments so the stuff about Doherty was not in relation to what I had to say to you when you jumped on my original comment that pointed out how asinine it is to refer to someone else as an idiot when you do so with spelling mistakes. Have you figured out what I supposedly misspelled yet, or do you realize that it is fine to spell "spelled" my way and yours? You are ultrasenitive to comments regarding Doherty, so much so you get involved for no apparent reason other than to spew vile. What comment have I twisted? You are the one attacking me, and I respond with what seem to me to be fairly clear statements, not obscure chicken crap about who''s pompous and twisting words of others. Bring some substance to the debate or clear off instead of coming across as a windbag simp with an agenda.[/quote]

I try to make my posts and what I think as clear as possible. Why do i have to work so hard to try and understand yours, I aint the brightest but I aint that thick either. It would appear that you have made yet another error in your posts. Let''s back track a little when talking about bringing substance to a debate, pointing out a spelling mistake on a football message board. I don''t think you''re clever, I think you''re a conceited kunt. Pick the spelling mistake out of that.

[/quote]

*ultra sensitive*.......for starters....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]No, chops, you blame the keeper for something that was questionable at best. Of the 3 involved, Foster was the least to blame. Doherty started it, and maybe the ref made a bad call, but it would not have been an issue if not for the stupid pass attempt.

Thank you for illustrating my point for me. You blame it all on Foster. Ok, the pass was bad, BUT............... Get real.[/quote]Forster made a bodge of his job, having been put into a very difficult situation by a bad Doherty back pass.  Do you understand how more than one person can be at fault?[/quote]Ever think you''re wasting your breath Mr C? Doc''s back pass was a shocker - and in those conditions he knew any back pass risked a goal if it was not absolutely right. It was a big mistake. But Fraser still had the choice of conceding the goal or conceding a penalty and a red card.  Second big mistake.