Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Zak Whitbread could be 'one of the best'

[quote user="Grif"]

And this is why females should stick to netball forums. It just degenerates into an episode of Loose Women if not.

[/quote]And I hope that wasn''t serious....

Have not seen enough of him to judge. Every I have spoken to says he is a class act but slightly injury prone. Can''t see him getting a look for a while though the way Doc and Nelson are playing. Askou is probably ahead of him in the queue as well?

Askou/Doc and Whitbread would be my CB partnership next season in the Championship (touch wood)I''d like to see more of Whitbread towards the end of this season though

[quote user="Grif"]

And this is why females should stick to netball forums. It just degenerates into an episode of Loose Women if not.

[/quote]Best post ever on the pinkun

All this thread does is prove why there should be no POST COUNTS!Means that people don''t get some sort of thrill out of posting every other sentance they write in a new post and also prevents people from getting wound up by people obviously only doing it for that reason. Oh and an edit button?

I was actually thinking about Askou and Whitbread this morning and was hoping a post would pop up on here about the whereabouts of one/or both. I thought this thread might offer an insight into Zak....Unfortunately I''ve read through 5 pages of complete tosh and am still no nearer an answer.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Askou/Doc and Whitbread would be my CB partnership next season in the Championship (touch wood)

I''d like to see more of Whitbread towards the end of this season though
[/quote]

Askou and Whitbread would be really solid for me. Ironically my back four next season would be the one that started in that reserve agianst Peterborough yesterday. If we can get Forster back here on loan next season I am pretty happy with the defensive cover. The only issues that would have to be addressed would be left back cover for Drury and whether Lambert is happy with Nelson as 4th centre back. I think he will get brutally exposed in the championship. However before people bash me I think he has been outstanding this season and IF we do win the league/promotion one of the most satisfying things about it will be that a good honest pro like Nelson has won the league.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

I''m a big fan of Nelson but I wouldn''t fancy him in a higher league.  To be honest I think that will apply to Askou also.  And probably Spillane.

[/quote]This thread is about Norwich? Christ, the way the replies have gone you wouldn''t know it.To answer the original (and quite valid) question, I''m looking forward to seeing what Whitbread can do.  He is indeed highly rated and its unfortunate he''s come with an injury.  I don''t think Nelson will cut it in the Championship, but the Doc, Askou and Whitbread jostling for places can only be a good thing for the club.

Although I''m sure Whitbread has been bought with promotion in mind and we will see what he can do in good time... why is it people are saying "I want to see (Insert random combo here) in the back four next year"?  Have we all forgotten we are allowed to buy and sell players too?  We''re not going to just stick with this squad, y''know?

(Sorry for helping to drag this back to NCFC by the way...)

haha, some people on here seem to get uptight very quickly - Just been reading the thread and then the madness that followed

[quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]Can''t agree on that, but it''s worringly all too easy to see how you could come to such a conclusion after reading this thread.

WITS and chicken, for example, provide more valuable and mature debate than most posters on this forum, including myself most probably if i''m honest. Though, as for ''lass''.... I''ve read on this forum that you''re an adult, ''apparently''. In the risk of sounding like an a$$, is it not too much to ask for you to post like one? I have enough trouble trying to decipher what Banana is trying to say as it is.And, for what it''s worth, i feel i should re-assure you no one is calling you a straight out "whore". I really urge you to read the whole of Lewies comment, and not only the words that you find remotely offensive.

As for the actual thread, Whitbread has always struck me as a class centre back, from having seen him in his days playing for Millwall. One of those brutish lads with a fair bit of talent to go with it, and i honestly wouldn''t put it past him being one of the best centre backs to of played for this club in the last decade or so. Absolutely agree with Crook on that.Whitbread, accompanied by the likes of Askou, Doherty, and even Nelson as back up, is an interesting prospect to contemplate, not least for when (... Or ''if'', for the sake of modesty) we''re competing in the Championship next season.My only concern is ''injuries''. His record in his latter days at Millwall does unsettle me a little, and having had him come here injured, only to quickly get injured again soon after, does nothing to help settle the nerves unfortunately.

I''ve no problem in saying Whitbred is the best defender we have at our club, the blokes a monster when fit.

Was over the moon when I heard we''d signed him.

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8574397.stm

what do u think not sure myself but then again, not seen him play much[/quote]...and so we see the reasoning behind why we have never had a Manageress yet!

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]why does it bother ppl that i post alot[/quote]Doesn''t bother me, though Brendan and CT have both gone quiet of late and it does raise a question...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Top of the League Lass"]why does it bother ppl that i post alot[/quote]Doesn''t bother me, though Brendan and CT have both gone quiet of late and it does raise a question...[/quote]Haha [:D]I have a hunch that TOTLL is just a wind up. An adult who writes exactly the same as a certain bloody Banana does...

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Top of the League Lass"]why does it bother ppl that i post alot[/quote]Doesn''t bother me, though Brendan and CT have both gone quiet of late and it does raise a question...[/quote]Haha [:D]I have a hunch that TOTLL is just a wind up. An adult who writes exactly the same as a certain bloody Banana does...[/quote]Yes - and as frequently!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Top of the League Lass"]why does it bother ppl that i post alot[/quote]Doesn''t bother me, though Brendan and CT have both gone quiet of late and it does raise a question...[/quote]Haha [:D]I have a hunch that TOTLL is just a wind up. An adult who writes exactly the same as a certain bloody Banana does...[/quote]For the sake of humanity i hope you''re right.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Top of the League Lass"]why does it bother ppl that i post alot[/quote]Doesn''t bother me, though Brendan and CT have both gone quiet of late and it does raise a question...[/quote]Haha [:D]I have a hunch that TOTLL is just a wind up. An adult who writes exactly the same as a certain bloody Banana does...[/quote]For the sake of humanity i hope you''re right.[/quote]The alternative is that they both attended the same suffolk school.

Lol...........I''d say Nelson is an old fashioned, "I''m not gonna F*ck about, i''m smashing it out" sorta centre back, he gives away the ball sooooo much, and scares me everytime he gets near it, but to be fair he has been alright.. From what i''ve seen of whitbread, he attempts to play the ball, and keep the football going.. Can only be a good thing if you ask me!

I said it before, but my mate who is a real follower of football in general and Liverpool said that he is good enough for lower prem teams. I think once fit, he will be a real asset next year.

[quote user="Big Bad John at the top of League One"][quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]Can''t agree on that, but it''s worringly all too easy to see how you could come to such a conclusion after reading this thread.

WITS and chicken, for example, provide more valuable and mature debate than most posters on this forum, including myself most probably if i''m honest. Though, as for ''lass''.... I''ve read on this forum that you''re an adult, ''apparently''. In the risk of sounding like an a$$, is it not too much to ask for you to post like one? I have enough trouble trying to decipher what Banana is trying to say as it is.And, for what it''s worth, i feel i should re-assure you no one is calling you a straight out "whore". I really urge you to read the whole of Lewies comment, and not only the words that you find remotely offensive.

As for the actual thread, Whitbread has always struck me as a class centre back, from having seen him in his days playing for Millwall. One of those brutish lads with a fair bit of talent to go with it, and i honestly wouldn''t put it past him being one of the best centre backs to of played for this club in the last decade or so. Absolutely agree with Crook on that.Whitbread, accompanied by the likes of Askou, Doherty, and even Nelson as back up, is an interesting prospect to contemplate, not least for when (... Or ''if'', for the sake of modesty) we''re competing in the Championship next season.My only concern is ''injuries''. His record in his latter days at Millwall does unsettle me a little, and having had him come here injured, only to quickly get injured again soon after, does nothing to help settle the nerves unfortunately.[/quote].... Well, until now atleast. [:$]

thanks for making me cry you guys thought we were all ment to be norwich surpporters you know 1 team... but i feel left out now and yes you have made a lady upset

sorry i have just come onto this post and someone is crying we can''t have that. What i have seen here is like you say everyone not being one team. so come on lets all have a hug