Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Jon Otsemobor

If he plays on Saturday, then I can only see two things happening, one of which much more likely. Either (the more likely) he will play his normal, total rubbish. Or as he knows the team, he might play quite well. Or he might not play at all? I reckon he''ll play, and get turned inside out by Lappin all afternoon. [:)]

He shall be playing in front of the snake pit for 45 minutes, that should be nice for him.[:D]

[quote user="morty"]I think also, essentially, the crowd will destroy him with their taunting.[/quote]Hopefully. [:D][Y] With good sense of humour lets hope, dont like it when someone gets treated like dirt when they did good at a club. Semi scored two goals you know. [;)]Cant remember either of them though. [:P]

I have nothing against the guy, but if merciless taunting makes him cock up enough to let goals in, well thats just fine in my eyes.

Well I''ve got nothing against him. I never even considered he might get a poor reception. But morty has a point. His confidence is ffragile at the best of times, if he gets some stick it could work in our favour.

Actually now off to bed, to watch the Late Kick Off. [:)] Night Nana. [Y] Let''s hope Semi does play and plays a shocker.

Jon Otsemobor is a lazy good for nothing, money grabbing, arrogant, waste of space, thick, lethargic w anker. As such he deserves the torrent of abuse heading his way on saturday.

End of thread.

I''m sure all the pathetic boo boys will be out in force, I, for one, will be cheering when his name''s announced...

....in Southampton''s starting line up! [:D]

Just for that ''couldn''t give a f***'' look on his face at Charlton away last seaon, he deserves every second of abuse he gets.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

yeah semi was ''disliked'' but not many people can say why, they just followed others.

[/quote]

I think it''s pretty obvious he was disliked because he was utter rubbish, had the worst work ethic I''ve seen from a footballer and never looked awake let alone interested in what was going on on the pitch.

[quote user="Brendan"]If he plays on Saturday, then I can only see two things happening, one of which much more likely. 1-Either (the more likely) he will play his normal, total rubbish.2- Or as he knows the team, he might play quite well. 3-Or he might not play at all? I reckon he''ll play, and get turned inside out by Lappin all afternoon. [:)][/quote]dont you mean 3 things?

Hope he gets booed off the pitch. Not only is the guy a tool who looks confussed when he has to take a throw in, but he also never gave a dam. The people who still have any respect for him are clearly the ones that didn''t go to Charlton at the end of last season. He never should have been allowed to play for us again after that. The fact lambert got rid for nothing says a lot.

Very glad he no longer plays for us and I just pray he doesn''t have a decent game on Sat.

OTBC

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="morty"]I think also, essentially, the crowd will destroy him with their taunting.
[/quote]

Hopefully. [:D][Y]

With good sense of humour lets hope, dont like it when someone gets treated like dirt when they did good at a club. Semi scored two goals you know. [;)]

Cant remember either of them though. [:P]
[/quote]

Neither can he

crab at least at the end of the game he did cross the half way line and came reluctantly to the crowd

shackell and the doc stayed well away... otsemobor wasn''t the best however he has taken a risk by taking a six month contract as he wasn''t going to play first team football here

in fact we should applaud him, curo and others are still taking our wages and getting nowhere need the squads

and at the end of the season players had individual meetings with gunn and we are led to believe that if a player said they didn''t want to be there then they would move on, clingan and marshall.

To be honest if we play as narrow as we have the last few games he should have plenty of room... don''t think lappin will try him for pace at any stage of the game... sure he will put in early crosses

so thanks john... you clearly still want to play football and helped us iwth wages, unlike a number of players here... so in regard to booing a number of our own players deserve some rough treatment

[quote user="smooth"]crab at least at the end of the game he did cross the half way line and came reluctantly to the crowd shackell and the doc stayed well away... otsemobor wasn''t the best however he has taken a risk by taking a six month contract as he wasn''t going to play first team football here in fact we should applaud him, curo and others are still taking our wages and getting nowhere need the squads and at the end of the season players had individual meetings with gunn and we are led to believe that if a player said they didn''t want to be there then they would move on, clingan and marshall. To be honest if we play as narrow as we have the last few games he should have plenty of room... don''t think lappin will try him for pace at any stage of the game... sure he will put in early crosses so thanks john... you clearly still want to play football and helped us iwth wages, unlike a number of players here... so in regard to booing a number of our own players deserve some rough treatment[/quote]

I wouldn''t say its a risk for him. His contract was running out at Norwich and he knew he wasnt going to get another one. So it made sense from him to move on to try and get a long term deal elsewhere. If Southampton let him go at the end of the season he is no worse off.

For me Otsemobor will always be a player who has under achieved greatly because he has all the physical attributes to be a very good footballer. However his decision making and positional sense were absolutely appalling towards the end. I actually thought his worst game was Doncaster away last season. I geniunely thought they were going to score every time they attacked down that side.

Despite this I do believe there is a good player in there somewhere.

[quote user="Yarmyed"]

[quote user="smooth"]crab at least at the end of the game he did cross the half way line and came reluctantly to the crowd shackell and the doc stayed well away... otsemobor wasn''t the best however he has taken a risk by taking a six month contract as he wasn''t going to play first team football here in fact we should applaud him, curo and others are still taking our wages and getting nowhere need the squads and at the end of the season players had individual meetings with gunn and we are led to believe that if a player said they didn''t want to be there then they would move on, clingan and marshall. To be honest if we play as narrow as we have the last few games he should have plenty of room... don''t think lappin will try him for pace at any stage of the game... sure he will put in early crosses so thanks john... you clearly still want to play football and helped us iwth wages, unlike a number of players here... so in regard to booing a number of our own players deserve some rough treatment[/quote]

I wouldn''t say its a risk for him. His contract was running out at Norwich and he knew he wasnt going to get another one. So it made sense from him to move on to try and get a long term deal elsewhere. If Southampton let him go at the end of the season he is no worse off.

For me Otsemobor will always be a player who has under achieved greatly because he has all the physical attributes to be a very good footballer. However his decision making and positional sense were absolutely appalling towards the end. I actually thought his worst game was Doncaster away last season. I geniunely thought they were going to score every time they attacked down that side.

Despite this I do believe there is a good player in there somewhere.

[/quote]

Totally agree Yarmed.  It was always a genuine mystery what managers saw that led them to pick him every week but 4 did.   At least he is playing and can advertise his skills unlike Curo, WLY et al

Yeah I did never really understand him. Because he was clueless and probably the most dopey player I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt. He started off the 7-1 rout on us, which you could say then he contributed towards Lambert''s appointment. Anyway he had the attributes to actually be pretty good. He was lightning quick, he could hit it with decent enough power, and he used to take free kicks, so surely he can put in a decent cross? Yet he could literally never take on anyone, and seemed to hesitate every single time he got the ball, surely it wasnt the pressure getting to him? Lets just hope he does play on Saturday and plays his normal turd. [:)]

Bloody useless. Many people tried to cover up how poor he was defensively by pointing out his pace and how he could be useful on the attack.But the first and foremost job of a right back is to defend that wing, which he couldn''t do. He could attack well, but only when he had enough time to transmit his brain waves to his feet (normally a few minutes for him).

jon will never be able to stop our team when he used to play for us he used to leave his man unmarked lots of times

whos glad he went???? i am :)

Poor old Jon, I can see him playing the worst game of his carrer, the crowd will destroy him and I have a feeling saturday could be very amusing! I think we are due a few goals too, maybe 3-1 or 4-1!

While he''s not my favourite player I don''t think he''s quite as bad as what some people make out. He''s played too many games of professional football to be that bad.

I wasn''t disappointed to see him leave but also I''m not convinced we''ve got a significantly better option in that position.