Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Late Kick Off...

Anyone here for there to be a thread for it? Holland looking as bad as ever. Richard Wright and Will Buckley.

Johnson says he doesnt feel as if he done that much to deserve the recognition he''s getting. Well I cant disagree. Yeah he''s been quality, but its early days yet.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Just a thread dedicated to you isnt it brendan ? [;)][/quote]Haha, seems that way. This guy said he thought that Martin would go CAM with Hooley and Johnson  feeding off him. Give over, Never gonna happen.

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="cityangel"]Matt Holland''s hair looks better this week [:)][/quote]Still looks very stiff thouggh ![/quote]Yeah [:S] Trying his best though bless [:)]

I am glad I am recording this so I can just flick through and view the bits I want to.

I could not beleive how poor the presenters and panel were.  Wooden, prescriptive and lacking any enthusiasm for the game at all.  Some good different views of the game but the rest of the show was just an embarassment.

My aunt is the executive producer for this show! Although I havn''t been able to watch it yet. Oooops!What do we think overall? Anything that you would change? Exept of course Matt Holland!!

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]My aunt is the executive producer for this show! Although I havn''t been able to watch it yet. Oooops!What do we think overall? Anything that you would change? Exept of course Matt Holland!![/quote]The content is okay, but Matt Holland is dragging the thing down, he''s not very good, and thats not just fan bias.Why doesn''t Kevin Piper present it himself?

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]My aunt is the executive producer for this show! Although I havn''t been able to watch it yet. Oooops!

What do we think overall? Anything that you would change? Exept of course Matt Holland!!
[/quote]

Firstly get someone to sort out Holland''s hair, not quite so bad this week but far too much gel

Get two really good characters on the show with him so his own nervousness isn''t so apparent

I''m not too impressed if I''m honest but guess it can only get better.

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]My aunt is the executive producer for this show! Although I havn''t been able to watch it yet. Oooops!

What do we think overall? Anything that you would change? Exept of course Matt Holland!!
[/quote]

When they covered our game I liked the way they didn''t follow the usual format of highlights then player interviews. It worked well mixing up the Oli and CM interviews with match highlights shown out of sequence. The choice of guests need looking at, although the journalist was ok I felt Richard Wright was as nervous as Matt Holland. Get Barry Fry on and love him or hate him the whole show will get a lift.

There''s an affliction that affects rugby players called cauliflower ear. Richard Wright looks like he''s got cauliflower face. And he''s got an anus on his chin. What an ugly mother flipper he is.Holland comes across as very raw and rusty, sure he''ll get better. Not amused by the scum fest last night tho. Good behind the scenes video of City, enjoyed it.

Judging by how wide open his eyes were ... i would imagine that Wright was sitting on something [;)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I could not beleive how poor the presenters and panel were.  Wooden, prescriptive and lacking any enthusiasm for the game at all.  Some good different views of the game but the rest of the show was just an embarassment.[/quote]....it was horrific.......some of the pauses between ''banter'' and going into the next piece was awful. Not helped by silence through clips (no backing/ atmosphere music or enhanced crowd noise) meaning the ''presenter'' and guests had nowhere to run. The silence and the look on the faces of Holland and Wright when the Norwich guy was talking about us was total binner as well.    A car crash of a show.................dire.

Just watched it on iPlayer.Matt Holland - My lord... Is he the only option to present this show? Throw in a few ugly, insecure, pubescent, nervous, teenage nerds in there, bare naked, with Mum''s and Dads accompanying them in support in full-voice with a few poncho''s and tropical hats, and i''d guarantee they''d look more secure as presenters than Matt ''caught in headlights'' Holland. As soon as he''s in view of the camera he has that wide-eyed stare that makes him look akin'' to someone clearly guilty of having let their bowels go, releasing the ''content'' into their pants.He''s SO embarassing. I implore the BBC to replace this utter fool.

Richard Wright - http://whatsontv.co.uk/blogs/movietalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/12/files/elephant-man/elephant-man-free1.jpgWill Buckley - Looked like the only guy who had an idea about what his job entailed being on the show. Just a shame he wasn''t asked enough questions, as he scared Holland and Wright stiff every time he talked about something outside of football directly.http://klaussloves.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/inbred.jpg (Wight and Holland bemusedly look on as Buckley talks about modern football clubs in financial struggle)

I thought I''d give it a second chance last night, but, oh dear, it was absolute pants. Good that we were on early so I could switch off the rest. Matty boy, you are hopeless. It''s totally cringemaking. I''ll record future editions so I can skim through the mire. ie. the bits of the "show" that don''t feature us. Message to Kevin Piper; decent ideas but needs severe surgery NOW. Get in a professional presenter and perhaps only one guest per week, (even if it is a scummer now and then). 

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Just watched it on iPlayer.

Matt Holland - My lord... Is he the only option to present this show? Throw in a few ugly, insecure, pubescent, nervous, teenage nerds in there, bare naked, with Mum''s and Dads accompanying them in support in full-voice with a few poncho''s and tropical hats, and i''d guarantee they''d look more secure as presenters than Matt ''caught in headlights'' Holland.

As soon as he''s in view of the camera he has that wide-eyed stare that makes him look akin'' to someone clearly guilty of having let their bowels go, releasing the ''content'' into their pants.

He''s SO embarassing. I implore the BBC to replace this utter fool.

http://klaussloves.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/inbred.jpg (Wight and Holland bemusedly look on as Buckley talks about modern football clubs in financial struggle)
[/quote]

Oh dear,just watched it.You weren''t exagerrating[:O]

Will Buckley is a very good addition and hopefully he will get some more appearances. Richard Wright isn''t a man for TV, looks or personality wise.Matt Holland will start to relax a bit and all in all the content of the show isn''t bad and is a good addition to the BBC''s Football League coverage. Think how this compares to the dross ITV use to put on early Sunday morning.

It has promise (the piece on Southend and football finance was interesting) but Matt Holland is in danger of sinking the show before it starts.

Mind you, Gary Lineker used to look that wooden/nervous when he started. Trouble is I''m not sure the show has 2 - 3 years in it to allow Matty to relax and learn how to ''present'', read an autocue and keep the guests going.

Will Buckley was head, shoulders and spiky hair above the other two in intellect and they just looked blank when he spoke. Last week''s love-in with Gunn and Ince was poor but they kept talking.

I like the attempt to step it up a notch but maybe Izzy Clarke might have been a better choice as presenter (Peterborough fan, radio journalist)