Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

internet broadcast an act of god ?

can`t think of any other way to describe it..no one had an inkling all week and there it was being broadcast for no apparant reason with english commentary  and  on a stream that was as good as you get  didn`t buffer or freeze once ...thank you  god and thankyou  gods messenger (dead canary)  [:D]

Haha! Indeed, i was wondering the same thing Penny. Peculiar, but most magnificent.

[quote user="Largey"]Why would they be broadcasting the match? Either way, I''m not complaining![/quote]

thats what i mean largey.. its all very strange [;)]

I was watching it and all of a sudden ( well 10 mins in ) a voice came in saying Welcome to Colchester, sorry for the sound problems.Awesome stuff ! :)

[quote user="pennywise "]

can`t think of any other way to describe it..no one had an inkling all week and there it was being broadcast for no apparant reason with english commentary  and  on a stream that was as good as you get  didn`t buffer or freeze once ...thank you  god and thankyou  gods messenger (dead canary)  [:D]

[/quote] I agree. It was practically ethereal. The surprise, the timing, the performance - however the intimacy of the camerawork and smiles on the faces, rapport and determination made it a true wonder. I wish I''d been there and am so envious but it was still a great day and thanks to DC.OTBC

Have to echo everything that''s been said - many thanks for the link Dead Canary - kept annoying Lady Horn with my shrieks of enjoyment everytime we put one past the Tesco Bag Village Team.  Great being able to hear City fans making it sound like a home game and seeing Hendo''s face as he was carded off!  Best Saturday''s entertainment for a long time.

I think the Beeb cameras were being used at Col U, was the commentator a BBC one?.....Probably that the game was being transmitted overseas and they utilised the BBC recording and the Beeb was paid by the overseas recipients.

Very good quality, and suitably impressed with the game, Damn sight better than the FA stream for the Carlisle game.... 

My grateful thanks go to Dead Canary...Cheers[B]

bet 365 (and bet fair) show games live on their website as you can bet in play.. its not uncommen for this to happen and it was indeed a feed from their website.

Which brings me to the question, if a legitiamte online bookmakers is streaming it over their site would the link be removed if it was posted on here? its not Justin.tv exactly is it?

Many thanks Dead Canary. I didn''t see the link posting until after kick off then I missed the first goal as I was using Explorer so had to download Google Chrome but once that was done it worked without problem. I had it wired up to the plasma and it was very watchable. The crowd noise was louder than the commentry which added to the atmosphere in the waggers household.

Gotta say i much prefered the half time highlights to anything that Sky sports normally put on at the interval.

(Esp as i missed the 1st goal, they must have replayed that nearly 10 times!) :D

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Did anyone by chance happen to record it or anything? I am so mad I missed this.[/quote]Watch the highlights on iplayer...

It was fantastic! Normally these links are dodgy as hell and I live out in the wilds (Reedham way) so my broadband is generally about as good as Ngog''s finishing. For this game the link was brilliant, the commentary nice and minimal and some of the replays they showed at half time were different anything you normally get to see. Sweet justice for not getting a ticket in the raffle. Dead Canary, I salute you Sir (or Madam)