Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

EMPTY SEATS

Lots of empty seats - are these from refused or ejected Norwich Fans?

I am looking forward to hearing the stories of City fans in other areas of the ground.

Great performance so far. Playing football in crap conditions. lethal on the break (again) and overcoming a homer ref who is giving Hoolahan no protection.

But what about all those empty seats?????

Best bit is a Colchester fan ran across the pitch, so Col Who are going to get in big trouble, and get a fine [:D]

Wonder if all the Col Who fans Cowling sold the seats to will be back for their next home match? 5-0, get in there!

I actually have no problems with Col U not giving us extra seating, why should the home team concede the advantage of noise and support by giving more away to away fans, infact I hope we do the same against Leeds, give them 1500 and no more, they will be loud and if they get 2500 will drown a lot of our support. I don''t think there are any rules on that, FA Cup you have to give the away team a certain percentage, but not in the league.

[quote user="AJ"]Best bit is a Colchester fan ran across the pitch, so Col Who are going to get in big trouble, and get a fine [:D]
[/quote]

And rugby tackled by the law. Priceless.

His mum''s gonna have a right go about his muddy strides

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I actually have no problems with Col U not giving us extra seating, why should the home team concede the advantage of noise and support by giving more away to away fans, infact I hope we do the same against Leeds, give them 1500 and no more, they will be loud and if they get 2500 will drown a lot of our support. I don''t think there are any rules on that, FA Cup you have to give the away team a certain percentage, but not in the league.[/quote]I was watching the live feed on t''internet ( thanks DC) and frankly you could hear the chants very clearly through out.AND they were all pro Norwich chants, OTBC, Lisbie what a banker, Cowling whats the score and numerous pro Lambert chances were very blatent and loud !OTBC was flying round on kick off and despite an attempt wasnt drowned out. And im sure that was the away fans not our sleepers in the home ends.

The point is, CiB, that when they played Leeds they gave them c3000 seats, so could have easily given us more. I don''t think there is any specific requirement that Col U should have given us more tickets (and we had c20% of their capacity), but most clubs do when they are needed.

The simple fact is that Cowling was just trying to make a some sort of childish point....and thankfully we just let our football do the talking and made him look a fool. Hopefully he will now shut up.

I suppose Pickle, I know he done it for other reasons, which were childish, but what I was saying was that limiting the number of away supporters for a big game is good for me. I don''t think that the Leeds match was as much as grudge match than this one.

[quote user="wilw6"]Wonder if all the Col Who fans Cowling sold the seats to will be back for their next home match? 5-0, get in there![/quote]

Yep, all  those expectant first time visitors expecting to see something special from their team, they wont be back in a hurry, what  an own goal!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The point is, CiB, that when they played Leeds they gave them c3000 seats, so could have easily given us more. I don''t think there is any specific requirement that Col U should have given us more tickets (and we had c20% of their capacity), but most clubs do when they are needed. The simple fact is that Cowling was just trying to make a some sort of childish point....and thankfully we just let our football do the talking and made him look a fool. Hopefully he will now shut up.[/quote]

No he will be demanding a replay on the grounds that the match should have been called off, because his team got mud on thier boots, 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Lots of empty seats - are these from refused or ejected Norwich Fans? I am looking forward to hearing the stories of City fans in other areas of the ground. Great performance so far. Playing football in crap conditions. lethal on the break (again) and overcoming a homer ref who is giving Hoolahan no protection. But what about all those empty seats?????[/quote]

We didn''t see many empty seats when the game started, although with fans celebrating goals there were quite a lot of empty ones by the time the 4th goal went in.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Lots of empty seats - are these from refused or ejected Norwich Fans? I am looking forward to hearing the stories of City fans in other areas of the ground. Great performance so far. Playing football in crap conditions. lethal on the break (again) and overcoming a homer ref who is giving Hoolahan no protection. But what about all those empty seats?????[/quote]

We didn''t see many empty seats when the game started, although with fans celebrating goals there were quite a lot of empty ones by the time the 4th goal went in.

[/quote]Yes, CA...........quite nice to see as many empty seats at their place as we saw at Carrow Rd.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Yes, CA...........quite nice to see as many empty seats at their place as we saw at Carrow Rd.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="wilw6"]Wonder if all the Col Who fans Cowling sold the seats to will be back for their next home match? 5-0, get in there![/quote]

Yep, all  those expectant first time visitors expecting to see something special from their team, they wont be back in a hurry, what  an own goal!

[/quote]

FANTASTIC!  Did you see their fans leaving in large numbers way before the end?

Marvellous.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Use the BBC iPlayer and watch our game at the strat of the Football League Show. There were many empty seats in the stand to the left of the away stand at the start of the game.