Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers. (NEW YEAR THREAD)

Very good looking Picks Sid... [Y]

The home win for Tottenham against Peterborough would be my pick from the FA Cup games.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Hissing Sid and Billy Dixon we have...

1/6 Sunderland
2/9 Tottenham
3/10 Bolton
4/9 Liverpool
1/6 Chelsea
2/5 Barcelona

Which will win for the Academy £33.73p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £24.05. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Ian. These are excellent picks and only real bad luck can stop us recording another win for the academy.

So now it’s "game on" Sunderland, Tottenham, and Bolton get us under way at 3:00pm followed by Liverpool at 5:15pm and Barcelona at 7pm. All being well we will be undefeated overnight so we can all watch Chelsea complete Hissing Sid''s winning week at 3pm on Sunday.

Good luck all [H]

The Sunderland game will be called off if it is still snowing at 2.30. Hopefully it stops and the cats can go on and convincingly win.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Hissing Sid and Billy Dixon we have...

1/6 Sunderland
2/9 Tottenham
3/10 Bolton
4/9 Liverpool
1/6 Chelsea
2/5 Barcelona

Which will win for the Academy £33.73p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £24.05. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Ian. These are excellent picks and only real bad luck can stop us recording another win for the academy.

So now it’s "game on" Sunderland, Tottenham, and Bolton get us under way at 3:00pm followed by Liverpool at 5:15pm and Barcelona at 7pm. All being well we will be undefeated overnight so we can all watch Chelsea complete Hissing Sid''s winning week at 3pm on Sunday.

Good luck all [H]

[/quote]

That''s 3 in the bag, Bolton, Sunderland & Tottenham all winning easily.[Y]

Another inept display from Liverpool, I wish Torres would do a runner and watch them scrape for Europa cup places.Hard luck all, a shock considering that Reading are terrible at the moment as well.

Greetings from a gutted Sid on the M11. The day was going so well, City winning and the first 3 in the bag. Thanks Liverpool, I now hope Reading win the replay!

On a slightly more serious note, thanks to everyone for your help, and special thanks to Nutty for letting me have the great honour of looking after the free bet this week. Hopefully next weeks picker will get that bit of overdue luck.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]On a slightly more serious note, thanks to everyone for your help, and special thanks to Nutty for letting me have the great honour of looking after the free bet this week. Hopefully next weeks picker will get that bit of overdue luck.[/quote]

i would never hear the end of it [;)]

unlucky sid, liverpool just didn''t look like a premiership side, they looked poor at the back, and torres looked unwilling! Gerrard was poor and aurelo(spelling?) could have scored twice!

torres had the chance in the last few seconds and then benayoun takes worse corners then norwich used too!

[;)]

That is just ridiculous. It aint looking good for Rafa, the Pool first team couldn''t even beat a team that won only 3 times at home in 2009. 3 times?! That is ridiculously bad luck. What''s more Barca are doing their best to throw away points as well...

We were listening in the car on the way home from Wycombe and I was praying for a late, late winner in "Fergie-time"  [:(][:''(]

How can a team who can beat a good Villa side away not beat a team who concede 4 goals against probably the worst side in the Championship???

Very hard luck Sid - on the brighter side wasn''t it good to see Korey get the winner today after all he''s one of ours!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]On a slightly more serious note, thanks to everyone for your help, and special thanks to Nutty for letting me have the great honour of looking after the free bet this week. Hopefully next weeks picker will get that bit of overdue luck.[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head Sid. It''s that little bit of luck that''s deserted us at the moment but it will come back and we will win again. We''re all doing things right, making the best choices we can, you guys on your weeks in charge are getting so close everytime, it''s only a matter of time PUPs.

Thankyou Sid, you looked after the free bet a treat, it moves on to The Great Drinkell next week. With a touch of Nana? Who knows[;)] But TGD was spot on - all us PUPs should be proud that Korey Smith''s goal bagged the three points today[Y]

I think I''ll have my Horlicks in the FONCY mug tonight[H][|-)][S][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You hit the nail on the head Sid. It''s that little bit of luck that''s deserted us at the moment but it will come back and we will win again. We''re all doing things right, making the best choices we can, you guys on your weeks in charge are getting so close everytime, it''s only a matter of time PUPs.

Thankyou Sid, you looked after the free bet a treat, it moves on to The Great Drinkell next week. With a touch of Nana? Who knows[;)] But TGD was spot on - all us PUPs should be proud that Korey Smith''s goal bagged the three points today[Y]

I think I''ll have my Horlicks in the FONCY mug tonight[H][|-)][S][;)]

[/quote]

better go and clean my bedroom [;)]

I''m gutted! i had a £600 accumalator riding on that shite Liverpool performance, watched the second half in a pub in Bucks after the Wycombe game and was not happy, i swear the fat spanish waiter wanted a replay cos Liverpool are so skint and need the gate recipts, 4th spot? not a chance!

[quote user="Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox"]I''m gutted! i had a £600 accumalator riding on that shite Liverpool performance, watched the second half in a pub in Bucks after the Wycombe game and was not happy, i swear the fat spanish waiter wanted a replay cos Liverpool are so skint and need the gate recipts, 4th spot? not a chance![/quote

you either put alot on it, or picked alot of outsiders![;)]

i had £20 on 10 teams, do the same every week and normally the odds work out to the winnings being more than £1000 but not had one so far this season or since the begining of last season lol, there were no upsets till the Liverpool game and was looking on that being a banker, just shows its a funny old game. Still had a good new year and weekend up with my Dad at his new cottage in Bucks so it wasn''t all bad