Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers. (NEW YEAR THREAD)

Apologies for not making it last night - still very ill, so much so that I may have to give the Wycombe game a miss. Hope all had a great night.

Going for a Norwich win at Wycombe.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Nice to see the pickers at last nights meet.

A shame some couldn''t make it and a special get well soon to City Angel, who I hear is under the weather.

The very best of luck to that nice guy Hissing Sid, this week and to all you other PUP''s

Fulham v Swindon - Home Win

And a happy and healthy 2010 to you all

[/quote]

Oh and get well soon to that gimp Pete too. [:P]

Wycombe vs Norwich - Away Win.Maybe a bit less certain that most others, but would win more money [:)]

Don''t normally go for Cup games but have tried to pick on the basis of undersoil heating too!

I''m in agreement with CTID and will also go for a home win for Spurs v. Peterborough.

Not an easy week so Good Luck, Hissing Sid!

A very Happy New Year to all PUPs! [<:o)]

After a few weeks trawling the depths of the Greek, Turkish and even Kuwaiti leagues, I''m heading home this week, and to the veritable minefield of the FA Cup 3rd round.. I''m not offering new I''m afraid, but there are some obvious ''bankers'' in the third round.....which normally means I''ll come unstuck. It doesn''t help that the away team are my second team either, so with some reluctance it''s.......Tottenham Hotspur vs Peterborough United - home winGood luck Hissing Sid! [:D]

This week I am going with

Man Utd v Leeds - Home Win.

Good luck Hissing Sid and all PUPs, and a Happy New Year to everyone.

PS - Good to meet you on Monday Nutty.

It was good to meet up again last night. We are all becoming old friends now. We missed all of you who are unwell so get well soon. And of course our great friend Leeds. But I took great delight in showing off that wonderful trophy you had made for us Kev[Y] The most interesting part of the evening was finding out that my good friend Tilly not only went to school with my dad but also buys his clothes from the same catalogue as my nan always used[:O] It''s a small world indeed! And of course going all the way to Walsall on Monday just to meet Hughesy was worth the trip[;)]

Now for my pick this week I''m doing to Spain who are back playing after a two week break. I am a bit worried because I have napped Valencia twice before and they have let me down both times. But all things considered I think they look a strong selection this week at home to  Espanyol who have lost five of their last six games.

Valencia   V   Espanyol    Home Win

Good luck again Hissing Sid, it''s a difficult week but already our great team of PUPs are rising to the challenge.

My nap this week is Sunderland to beat Barrow in the cup. Could be a tough week if games start getting called off again.

Hope everyone had a good pickers meet last night.

Good luck hissing sid and all pickers and a happy new year to all.

Thanks for the picks so far everyone, plenty of options for me to consider. Keep ''em coming. (Gonna have to keep an eye on the weather forecast before selecting the "Big 6" though!)

Just looking through all of the picks, so far there are 15 different picks which all look likely to be played [;)] and i also wanted to check noone else has gone for my pick, but because it is a draw i found it highly unlikely!

I took a very quick look and came up with Huddersfield Vs West Brom DRAW!

I just think that is Huddersfield play to their best they will match west brom, and a 1-1 draw will be on the cards!!

Good luck SID!!

[;)]

I have to say it was a tough choice this week. Wanting to go for something a bit different that Sunderland and Barrow (I think Sid knows about that match by now :) ).

I''m going to back up Nutty and go for Valencia home win.

Davo

Evening All. OK its that time, although its only Thursday, it ensures I''ve got a clear head to pick with!!!! So, here goes...

Sunderland v Barrow - Home Win

(Yankee, NBS, Beau, ncfcstar, norfolkchance1, P''boro, new york canary, Mr Bump)

Tottenham v Peterborough - Home Win

(CTID, Cosmic, Fonejacker, Muddy)

Bolton v Lincoln - Home Win

(Kathy, City Angel, Graham Humphrey and ME!)

Reading v Liverpool - Away Win

(Mandie Moo)

Chelsea v Watford - Home Win

(Trent, Fellas)

Barcelona v Villareal - Home Win

(Diesel Doris)

Really dreading the FA Cup because as I said at the meet the other night, theres always one. Hopefully it''ll be elsewhere this weekend.

Lets also hope the weather won''t intervene, but if it does I have a couple in reserve if required.

Big thanks to everyone this week for your selections, fingers crossed now.

Happy New Year everyone, have a great night whatever you''re up to.

Let the games begin....

they look like six good picks this week,i agree with most other people and go for SUNDERLAND v barrow home win

Excellent picks Ian[Y]

All we need now is that little bit of good fortune that''s deserted us of late and your name will be added to the line of fame.

I will get these to Billy tomorrow and post the odds on here by lunchtime.

Happy New Year everyone.

I''m going for Reading v Liverpool - Away Win

Good Luck Hissing Sid, a good set of picks there.

We could well be starting the New Year off with a win

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Beauseant.....fyi...perhaps you should clarify if you meant Southampton to beat Luton....or Sunderland to beat Barrow.[/quote]

Thanks Yankee, I hadn''t spotted my error! Sunderland to beat Barrow. It must be my age[W][8-)] Happy New Year!

After an awful few weeks were I haven''t got a single one right, I''m going to go against my 1 rule and choose Norwich Away Win

Sorry for being so late this week but it''s been of a mare. Anyway here goes....Oliveirense v Porto...Away win.

Good luck to all this week and I hope you all have a great new year.[Y]

Well. I''ve had man-flu for the whole of xmas and new year so after missing a week I''m going to have to play safe (as I can''t think straight) and go for

Sunderland vs Barrow, homw win

sniff sniff sniff

Good luck