Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If we sell Holt in January.

And if an asteroid hit Colney during a training session the Club would effectively cease to exist. 

I assume that this a "Create a Ludicrous Scenario To State The Obvious Despite No Evidence That it Is A Real Risk" thread

Here is why I think he wont go....Simply at 28 he is a bit to old for the money we would want for him. Look at Rickie Lambert, scored loads last season but teams outside of league 1 were not tempted to take a gamble on him for the not huge figure of £1m. Instead teams like West Brom went for someone like Cox who has the potential to keep scoring for many years. In my opinion if Championship clubs are looking down to this level they will have their eyes on players like Lallana, Simione Jackson and maybe Beckford if the price is right.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

You can then kiss goodbye to promotion, and probably Paul Lambert too.

I''d be tempted to wheel away also!

[/quote]

Calm wiz - no need for a coronary on ifs and buts...

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Just teasing...

I''m sure we''d all be annoyed, but I doubt any of us would actually be able to turn our backs on the club. I know for sure I wouldn''t be able to.

[/quote]

The trouble is Simon, I''ve put up with us selling Davies, Reeves, Curran, Bruce, Pheelan, Fleck, Sutton, Eadie, Fox, Bellamy, Green and Ashton, my patience isn''t unlimited.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Just teasing...

I''m sure we''d all be annoyed, but I doubt any of us would actually be able to turn our backs on the club. I know for sure I wouldn''t be able to.

[/quote]

The trouble is Simon, I''ve put up with us selling Davies, Reeves, Curran, Bruce, Pheelan, Fleck, Sutton, Eadie, Fox, Bellamy, Green and Ashton, my patience isn''t unlimited.

[/quote]

Football clubs sell players.

You''re old.

Get over it.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Just teasing...

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re old.

Get over it.

[/quote]

And you''re an idiot............get over it!

Just teasing...

[/quote]

[/quote]Come on Wiz,  we don''t have to worry about that for another month.  We''ve December to see out first,  can we pinch second spot in that time? would be positive.

[quote user="king canary"]In my opinion if Championship clubs are looking down to this level they will have their eyes on players like Lallana, Simione Jackson and maybe Beckford if the price is right.[/quote]Agreed

I hate all the higher teams who think they can come in and buy all the best things that have ever happened to this club!

I hope Holty doesn''t leave, the directors said they had the money so when the time comes they better put their money where their mouth is.

[quote user="Helen"]

I hate all the higher teams who think they can come in and buy all the best things that have ever happened to this club!

I hope Holty doesn''t leave, the directors said they had the money so when the time comes they better put their money where their mouth is.

[/quote]

But didn''t we do just that to Crewe with Ashton Helen?

Just teasing...

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will admit to not knowing details of the transfers pre Sutton, but didn''t we actually manage good deals for most, if not all, of those transfers.

Look especially at Ashton, we got 7.5m for a player who broke not long after we sold him! Green''s contract was coming to an end and said he wouldn''t be staying, same with Bellamy (another very healthy sum of money). Fox was a shame but we didn''t let him go cheap, Eadie was similar to Ashton, broken. Sutton gained us a record British transfer so can''t complain there really.

Be pleased we have been graced with so many talented players, a lot of them trained by this club. The money gained from these deals meant we didn''t have to sell half our squads at the time and could stay competitive in the leagues we were in.

And are we really likely to sell Holt? How many teams sell their best player 6 months after buying him? Stop worrying about something that is so unlikely and start being hopefully that we add similar players in January. McNally said it is up to Lambet who is sold (if anyone) so doubt he will walk out if he chooses to cash in on Holt.

We are 3rd and having as good a season since we were promoted, try to enjoy it as who knows when it will happen again.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Wheel away from the messageboard? :P[/quote]

No, the club..........it still costs me more than I can really afford.

[/quote]

see you later than monkey boy

It''s quite evident that Grant Holt is having a whale of a time here at Carra at the moment, and so I think the only offers that might tempt him to leave in January would be either Newcastle, West Brom or one of the bigger Premiership outfits. I can''t see him going to the likes of the scum or Crystal Palace if they tried to lure him away. No, I think he''ll see this season out at Carrow Road and if we''re promoted will almost certainly stay; if we fail to gain promotion it might be a different story.

Holt will not leave in January, he''s only just arrived and clearly playing and scoring and loving it here. I wouldn''t be surprised if he, like Huckerby saw us as "his club" and stayed here for the long term.

Hoolahan I am more worried about. Had a tough time last season be ing palyed out of position and seemed to be out the door. There are a few teams sniffing around him. However, I think he has benefited more than most from Lambert coming in and is also scoring plenty of goals.

Holt''s going no-where as simple as that. He hasn''t been here that long, he''s a fans favourite and the captain, at 28 he probably would like to settle down at a club and his age also means less people would be interested.

Come January we will see the true colours of the board. If they see the club as a buisness they will sell. If they have ambition, want the club to do well. We will keep all of are first team and give Lambert the money he gets from selling fringe players. The board have said we don''t have to sell, so they only reason we should be selling players is for a ridiculous amount of money. I can see Holt playing out his career with us. And Hoolahan, if someone comes in and offers 6 million, consider it because he will be an impossible player to replace if we are in this league i don''t think he would want to leave anyway because we could get where he and we want to be by next season.. If we get promoted this season. With a few more additions i could see us pushing for the play offs in the Championship. So selling any of are players is a stupid move that will cost the club dearly. Can''t see it happening.

[quote user="essexcanary"]I think holt and hoolahan will go, we could not turn down the cash or stop them bettering themselves.
[/quote] No chance. We must get promoted this season that is worth more to the club long term than what these players would sell for now. I doubt in todays market that we would get more than 1.5 million for the pair.

I really dont see many offers coming in for him though. CLubs wernt willing to take a punt on Lee Barnard at £250k and he is younger than Holt. Clubs look to buy players from these divisions who are a bit younger and have potential to improve, rather than players who are in the later stages of their careers. Nobody in the championship even looked at Rickie Lambert and I think it may be the same with Holt.

We really need to stop this silly and unsettling speculation. Holt is probably at as bigger club as he is ever likely to play for. He should be settled and is successful. I see no possibility of Norwich selling him. He would not command a fee much in excess of £1m in any event given his age

You can then kiss goodbye to promotion, and probably Paul Lambert too.

I''d be tempted to wheel away also!

[/quote]

Another pointless post, how many of the other 12,000 are full of Sh*t!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Just teasing...

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re old.

Get over it.

[/quote]

And you''re an idiot............get over it!

[/quote]

You are in no position to judge oh senile one.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Come January we will see the true colours of the board. If they see the club as a buisness they will sell.[/quote]

Oh really? Did not McNally say just the other day that the sale of any player was down to Lambert? Presumably Martin, MacNamee (and probably Seaborne) have been accounted for in the existing financial plan, anything beyond those three will need some wheeling and dealing on Lambert''s part.

Just teasing...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or even in existence. [:D]