Wycombe Wanderers right back on loan.

Wiki lists the Wycombe defenders as:

2 DF Lewis Hunt

3 DF Craig Woodman

4 DF Leon Johnson

5 DF Michael Duberry (Club captain)

6 DF Luke Oliver

21 DF Joe Cobb (never played)

Of which Johnson and Duberry are definitely central defenders.

[quote user="7rew"]Wiki lists the Wycombe defenders as: 2 DF Lewis Hunt 3 DF Craig Woodman 4 DF Leon Johnson 5 DF Michael Duberry (Club captain) 6 DF Luke Oliver 21 DF Joe Cobb (never played) Of which Johnson and Duberry are definitely central defenders.[/quote]

Wiki is crap. Why not actually go to their Official Site? It quite clearly says there that he "impressed at right back" as well as "playing both on the right and in the middle of the back four".

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

A quick google says that Leon Johnson is injured, groin problem.

[/quote]

Blues will definitely have to make do without centre half Leon Johnson though. He has been ordered to take two week’s rest in the hope that will clear up his hip injury.

Above reported last friday, that''s convenient then...

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I''d guess it''s Leon Hunt, he''s their regular right back, a pretty solid player.[/quote]Their official site says he''s only just come back from injury.

I would only imagine that it would be a permanent if it is someone who is versatile. I say that because once Spillane is back we have two pro right backs and a youngster in that position.It could be that Lambert is looking for a defender with a bit of pace to offer something different. I am also not sure it would be permanent unless one of the defenders we already have is likely to move on sometime soon.

I don''t think we''ll see Spillane til January/February and we''re still horribly short on cover at RB at the moment.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Does this mean that Lambert doesn''t trust Oz or is Spilliane out for quite a while?[/quote]

Both, I think. Spillane is out until around Christmas and Semmy at his peak is just about mediocre.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Seaborne has turned down Exeters new contract offer and City are believed to have had a 3rd bid turned down for him.[/quote]That means come January we can talk to him but would have to pay compensation if he were to sign him in the summer. I think this will finish in Jan as they will want to sell at a price they see as fair and not leave it down to a tribunal who could well say that the price is right.

thing is chickiddy... Seaborne is a player who could play a massive part on keeping them up... they have to weigh up the risk... do they sell him in jan and have the money in the bank... or do they keep him, hope he plays a part in keeping them up and then looking to replace him over the summer when they can pick up freebies in a less intense transfer window... that''s what i would do... seaborne is going to be a nc player though that much is pretty clear.

Someone on 606 is saying it''s Peterborough''s Russell Martin, who has previously played for Lambert.  Seems like something is finally coming to fruition at right back at last.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Seaborne has turned down Exeters new contract offer and City are believed to have had a 3rd bid turned down for him.
[/quote]

lol We are Skint and Chikky Pea still thinks that Exeter are going to let him go in January because they are afraid that he may walk for less than £100k in the summer if a tribunal states that he is not worth that much.

Would you sell Spillane for less than £100k Chicken?  I believe that would be the player in our ranks who would be the most equal comparison to Seaborne. 

"thing is chickiddy... Seaborne is a player who could play a massive part on keeping them up... they have to weigh up the risk... do they sell him in jan and have the money in the bank... or do they keep him, hope he plays a part in keeping them up and then looking to replace him over the summer when they can pick up freebies in a less intense transfer window... that''s what i would do... "

Pretty much the same thing could be applied to us! Do we sell Wes or anyone else in Jan and have the money in the bank, or do we keep them, hope they play a part in getting us up, and then, if they do go, look to replace them in the Summer..?

Genuinely worried that we will be ripe for the plucking come January, am 99.9% certain that Rusty will go, Wes very likely, and there are bound to be offers for Holt as well.

I know I am treading over old and familiar ground with these concerns, but, the more we do well, the more our players perform and we get the results, the more it worries me! Its stupid but there you go. I am almost ready for the disappointment I guess, the "...we thank ''x'' for his efforts at Norwich City and wish him well for the future...", the problem is, after 1, 2, maybe 3 players go, someone, somewhere, within the echelons of Carrow Road will say that the "...first priority for this great club and its wonderful support is promotion..." having just severed any serious chances of that we might have had!

It comes with being a Canary but it is tempering the happiness to a serious degree. Doing well now, winning games, scoring goals, all will be completely pointless if it is the squad is dismantled to pay off debt, and, quite possibly, a fine or even two!!!