Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Wes on his way up!

I have been told that Wes Hoolahan will soon be leaving to join Crystal Palace! They were expecting him to sign on the dotted line during the summer, but he stayed on and now wants to move in January!

Oh Noo!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I have been told that Wes Hoolahan will soon be leaving to join Crystal Palace! They were expecting him to sign on the dotted line during the summer, but he stayed on and now wants to move in January!

Oh Noo!!!

[/quote]

Would that be the same Crystal Palace who are currently in the midst of a transfer embargo and who therefore are not allowed to sign anybody? [:S]

[quote user="Shyster"]Dunno about Palace, but Hoolahan will go in January.
[/quote]

Oh well, now we know then eh? [:|]

What complete, utter and absolute tosh to say that at this stage. You have no information whatsoever to back up this apparent ''fact'' so why post with such blind certainty?

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Oh Noo!!!

[/quote]

Would that be the same Crystal Palace who are currently in the midst of a transfer embargo and who therefore are not allowed to sign anybody? [:S]

[/quote]They have had that lifted now, I believe.

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="Shyster"]Dunno about Palace, but Hoolahan will go in January.[/quote]

Oh well, now we know then eh? [:|]

What complete, utter and absolute tosh to say that at this stage. You have no information whatsoever to back up this apparent ''fact'' so why post with such blind certainty?

[/quote]

Call it intuition.

[quote user="Longy"][quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Oh Noo!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]They have had that lifted now, I believe.[/quote]It /was/ lifted.  They had a second embargo placed on them for non-payment of player bonuses.

Why would he decide, after player, and becoming much more popular, scoring ect to leave, after not wanting to leave, after a season where he wasn''t player for half of it, due to a manager that didn''t like him, and injury?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would he decide, after player, and becoming much more popular, scoring ect to leave, after not wanting to leave, after a season where he wasn''t player for half of it, due to a manager that didn''t like him, and injury?[/quote]In the style of 1990''s clipart:[img]http://www.iandrinstitute.org/Fist%20of%20Money.gif[/img]

Yeah but he would have been given a better wage in the summer....sometime players might want to stay at a club....and Norwich have to accept an offer first..... which hopefully we won''t....

Its October, i doubt anybody knows if he will leave in January, even Wes himself.

I am with gingerpele on this, Wes has previously stated he wanted to stay, he was dropped by Lambert, he could of said then i want to go, and refuse to play, but he worked hard, and now he is back in the squad, and looks like he is enjoying his football, looks like him and Holt are reli getting on well and producing good football on the pitch.He has no reason to want to leave the club, and i am sure that he won''t, i don''t think that he is in it for the money, he seems a decent lad, but we have a long way to go before jan, but i am positive he will stay.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah but he would have been given a better wage in the summer....sometime players might want to stay at a club....and Norwich have to accept an offer first..... which hopefully we won''t....[/quote]

The Hooligan took a wage cut in the summer upon your relegation.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah but he would have been given a better wage in the summer....sometime players might want to stay at a club....and Norwich have to accept an offer first..... which hopefully we won''t....[/quote]

[/quote]

As did everyone didn''t they?

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

As did everyone didn''t they?

[/quote]

David Marshall didn''t. [:P]

I presume they all took a wage cut but it would depend on any "clauses" in their contract. 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

If City carry on winning, he won''t be the only one other clubs want.

[/quote]

You will be the next one Wiz.

Transfer signing on fee a years supply of Jack Daniels and all the virgins you can use (spell use only!)[:D]

"I presume they all took a wage cut but it would depend on any "clauses" in their contract. "

Pretty sure that even before we went to the Premiership, every contract had built in reductions upon relegation. We were apparently one of the first clubs to insist on it as standard - at least that was implied by the reports of the time. I expect pretty much every club does it now - if they''ve got any sense...

I Really Hope Wes Stays With Us, As He Is Key If We Want Promotion! I Think He Will Stay This Season And Wait To See If We Get Promoted. If We Do Then He Will Stay On For Another Season, And If We Don''t He Will Go!

The way I see it is like this. We are talking about whether Wes might sign for palace in January. Factors that would make him consider a move. Wages. He on a decent whack I''m sure and whilst I might be wrong I''d doubt very much is that would be a decider for him. Might be for the club!A higher league to play in. Yes but Palace are also rans in a league full of team much better an much more likely to gain promotion. Wes or no Wes.Higher profile club. Nah don''t see that.So it comes down to whether he want to play Championship of Div 1 football, but we are talking January here. Now by the time January arrive I think we''ll have a really good idea if we stand a chance of promotion or not, and I think it will be that and that alone that make the decision for Wes or any other player destined for a Championship move to a club unlikely to be premiership bound.If we are still looking good and right up there I would be a little surprised if he didn''t give it till the end of the season at least. Seems to like it here and is fast becoming the star act.All guesswork of course but hey it''s no more Bo11ocks than the original post is it!

If he was going to go to Crystal Palace he would of gone in the summer. There will be other clubs interested in him when the transfer windows opens it all depends on the highest offer, I hope he doesn''t go I think he''s really happy at the club.

[quote user="Jen_Jen (:"]I Really Hope Wes Stays With Us, As He Is Key If We Want Promotion! I Think He Will Stay This Season And Wait To See If We Get Promoted. If We Do Then He Will Stay On For Another Season, And If We Don''t He Will Go![/quote

im in the same boat as you!!

[quote user="Helen"]

If he was going to go to Crystal Palace he would of gone in the summer. There will be other clubs interested in him when the transfer windows opens it all depends on the highest offer, I hope he doesn''t go I think he''s really happy at the club.

[/quote]

Crystal Palace couldn''t sign anyone in the summer.