Sign in to follow this  
Attleborough_Canary

Buy the pitch??

Clearly the club is very close to going to the wall , no wonder the loan players Lambert was on about bringing in never showed up . These stories just make the club look so small time .

I repeat: why does it matter if the club gets some cash?

If you had £1m, would you say no if someone offered you a couple of grand for nothing? If you answer yes god only knows how you got a million in the first place.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Had an e-mail just now ''''The Carrow Road land grab has started'''' [:|][/quote]

Yes I got one too [:D]

Why complain? No-one is forced to buy any of it, are they? And those that do buy, are putting money into the club. This is only a win-win situation, and probably another one of McNallys money making schemes...

Is it really worth making the club a laughing stock in the media just to raise £225,000 which would not buy you any player worth having anyway. If we are that skint lets just get into administration and get it over with , passing buckets around at the matches with nothing in the media would even be an improvement .Clubs a joke it really is.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"]You can buy an acre of the moon for £20.
[/quote]

Got an acre already [:D]

[/quote]

I''m thinking of buying a couple or three acres,  bung some caravans on them and rent them out on time shares.
[/quote]

Have you made enough to go there yet Mister[:^)]

[au][ap][ip][H]

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Is it really worth making the club a laughing stock in the media just to raise £225,000 which would not buy you any player worth having anyway. If we are that skint lets just get into administration and get it over with , passing buckets around at the matches with nothing in the media would even be an improvement .Clubs a joke it really is.
[/quote]

If they raise £225,000 and none of it comes from you where''s the harm Freebie?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Is it really worth making the club a laughing stock in the media just to raise £225,000 which would not buy you any player worth having anyway. If we are that skint lets just get into administration and get it over with , passing buckets around at the matches with nothing in the media would even be an improvement .Clubs a joke it really is.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No harm NN but I would be embarrased by it.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Embarrassed by the club or the fans who coughed up?

[/quote]

This is not a new idea.  Teams have been doing the same basic thing over in the US for ages, selling off bits and pieces of old stadiums that are being replaced, and yes, even the turf, or in the case of a basketball arena, the floor boards.  What kind of a knucklehead would want such a thing to take up place in their home is beyond me, but apparently, there are plenty of them out there. 

If the demand outstrips the supply, they could just sell pieces of turf from anywhere and label it as coming from Carrow Road.  I am sure that happened with the Berlin Wall. Everyone wanted a piece as a souvenir. Of course, when you get home with a dusty piece of cement, it doesn''t seem to special any more, and is no more recognizeable as being from the wall as any broken chunk of driveway.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

£225,000 is the amount it be if every one of the 9000 plots were sold for £25.00

There are some plots that are more, the centre spot for example is £1000 alone!!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

This is not a new idea.  Teams have been doing the same basic thing over in the US for ages, selling off bits and pieces of old stadiums that are being replaced, and yes, even the turf, or in the case of a basketball arena, the floor boards.  What kind of a knucklehead would want such a thing to take up place in their home is beyond me, but apparently, there are plenty of them out there. 

If the demand outstrips the supply, they could just sell pieces of turf from anywhere and label it as coming from Carrow Road.  I am sure that happened with the Berlin Wall. Everyone wanted a piece as a souvenir. Of course, when you get home with a dusty piece of cement, it doesn''t seem to special any more, and is no more recognizeable as being from the wall as any broken chunk of driveway.

[/quote]

I think you misunderstand what''s on offer here HC.....

NCFC have invisibly divided the Carrow Road pitch into 9000 squares or '' plots ''. The idea is that for £25 you can '' lease '' a plot until the end of 2010 but you don''t get to physically touch it as there is to be no digging up of the hallowed turf. ( In my opinion a worse offer than buying an acre of land on the Moon as, in theory, you can walk on your bit of the Moon although I would concede that the logistics in getting there are challenging...) 

As I understand it what you physically get for your money is a certificate stating you are the '' leaseholder '', a letter from the manager and a couple of photos. The Club are also dangling bait with various prizes  ''hidden '' in the squares , the top prize being a season ticket to Carrow Road for next season. The snag is there''s only one top prize in each half of the pitch, so, if all the '' plots '' are taken up there''s only a 1 in 4500 chance of winning a top prize.  

I think I''m happy to wait for the next bus to the Moon.......

[quote user="B-ru"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

£225,000 is the amount it be if every one of the 9000 plots were sold for £25.00

There are some plots that are more, the centre spot for example is £1000 alone!!

[/quote]

I wonder how much of that will be proft though?

It really smacks of desparation and probably will turn out to be too little too late.[:(]

The way I see it the reaction to this reflects people current opinon of the club those who are complaining are pretty much critical of any thing the club does.

Does it make the club a laughing stock? IMO no lets put is this way if it is a success watch other clubs follow. Is it really any differen to sponsoring players kits, buying a brick or many of the other sponsorship scheemes  that are dreamt up?

I don''t really have a problem with it. If you think it''s a crap idea, don''t lease a plot.

I''ve seen far worse ideas. You could argue it''s embarrasing to be sponsored by certain companies and have their name plastered on the shirts. What''s the difference?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Were you suitably embarassed when you coughed up money to save your club from folding?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you misunderstand what''s on offer here HC.....

NCFC have invisibly divided the Carrow Road pitch into 9000 squares or '' plots ''. The idea is that for £25 you can '' lease '' a plot until the end of 2010 but you don''t get to physically touch it as there is to be no digging up of the hallowed turf. ( In my opinion a worse offer than buying an acre of land on the Moon as, in theory, you can walk on your bit of the Moon although I would concede that the logistics in getting there are challenging...) 

As I understand it what you physically get for your money is a certificate stating you are the '' leaseholder '', a letter from the manager and a couple of photos. The Club are also dangling bait with various prizes  ''hidden '' in the squares , the top prize being a season ticket to Carrow Road for next season. The snag is there''s only one top prize in each half of the pitch, so, if all the '' plots '' are taken up there''s only a 1 in 4500 chance of winning a top prize.  

I think I''m happy to wait for the next bus to the Moon.......

[/quote]

My mistake, and thanks for the clarification.  Now it sounds like the deal that goes on with a lot of new stadiums in which teams expect people to pay huge sums of money for the right to buy a season ticket. Why anyone would do that is beyond me, and if it was ever followed through with I don''t know, but it sure was one of the plans when Reliant Stadium was being built and the Houston Texans were forming.  I know other teams had the same sort of plans for their new stadiums, too.