Sign in to follow this  
Attleborough_Canary

Buy the pitch??

Not sure I''d want to buy part of the pitch that saw some of the most unmemorable performances CR has ever seen!

9000 x 25 = £225,000

I think that this is a fairly poor idea and think that it won''t work that well, but if it did work, we could get a new player with that kind of money!!

[quote user="shefcanary"]It''s taking the proverbial! What tosh - next we''ll be asked to buy some of the air the players breath.[/quote]

Hey... if some mug is willing to pay..? [:^)]

I can almost guarantee my brother will buy into this [;)]

Actually although I don''t agree with it, it''s a good way to raise some extra cash, but where will this cash go?  Into a transfer fund for players or into the CR coffers?

[quote user="B-ru"]Can you post the email WAY?[:^)][/quote]

Sadly we can''t do that on here can we, it just gets removed, but PM your e-mail addy and I will fwd it on to you glady.

[quote user="Babyface"]Dunno what to think about this. Yes I am happy to help the club if we are really that skint, but it does seem a bit desperate.[/quote]

What if things really are ''that'' desperate at the club?

Yep!

Oh dear god!!! It''s nto £25 for each plot!! The plot that has the centre circle is £1000!!!  [:O]

So let me get this straight in my head....You can have a boat load of ''proper'' sharesYou can have a cart load of season ticketsYou can now have a barrow load of sods of grassbut if you set foot onto the pitch the bastards will bar you.

No No ...This is a fantastic idea !!!Anyone know the actual size of a deck chair ???For a mere £200 I am going to buy my own little bit of Carrow, maybe the centre circle, not sure... then on match day ill set up my deck chair... on MY land that I OWN.Like to see them legally move me football match or not.

I think it''s more or less renting a piece of the pitch not buying as it''s only for a limited time as far as I can make out. Like with a rented property, there are probably very strict rules so basically this is money for pretty much nothing apart from a certificate, photo and membership of some online group. I can barely contain my excitement.

Oh, you don''t get to own the old pitch, you just sponsor a square yard of the new one.  That''s really rubbish.  Seriously, I can''t believe they''d try that.  I''ll only do it if I can plant a land mine on my square yard.  That should liven things up.

The right to be associated with your square of the pitch until 31/12/2010.So you are basically renting a square of the pitch for about a year....what a load of tripe.

What Do Owners Get?

A member''s pack containing:
....A certificate of purchase.
....Aerial photo showing your squares.
....A welcome letter from the manager.
....A photo taken from your square

• Over 100 great prizes are hidden in the squares.
  • The right to be associated with your square of the pitch until 31/12/2010.
  • Access to Squawk - for owners only.
  • The chance to buy a limited edition poster of the ground showing all the seats and the seasons squad.

Questions:1) A square yard of living turf will be quite heavy and awkward to lift. Does everyone have to collect their own square?2) Presumably they are going to relay the pitch, so hasn''t lasted long - I hadn''t heard, so the money raised will go towards the new pitch?3) Why don''t they sell square feet pieces at a lower price, and then those who want to put a deck chair on it can buy more than one piece, and others pay less? This also overcomes the problem mentioned in point 1 above.

This is utter horse sh1t! They could, at the very least, dig up the square and post it at the end of the season. Who the hell is going to pay £1000 for the centre circle and penalty spots!?!