Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

25% of the season gone...

Obviously we''ve started incredibly well under Lambert and have started to play some fantastic football. We are within touching distance of the playoffs with so many games left.With that in mind my question to you is this. In your opinion how do you think we will we fare in the remaining 75% of games? Can we keep it up? Where will we finish?IMO we''ll make play offs easily. [Y]

I think one of (if not both) Leeds and Charlton will slip up, and we''ll take second place.

im going to put my neck on the line , it would not surprise me if we finished in a play off position . something has clicked with norwich just of late and it seems the team is now starting to gell and score from all over the park . lambert is bringing the best of the players we have with 3 or 4 quality loan players the is no reason why they should not push for a automatic place . prior to lamberts arrival i would have said mid table would have been a safe bet . lost one leauge game in eight has to be promotion form .

The way we''re playing at the minute the playoffs have got to be realistic.  We should aim for automatic promotion but I just feel that might be a bit beyond us.  It''s also easy getting over-optimistic after battering two teams at home.  When we start piling up the points on our travels then we can claim to be the real deal but in that respect we''re not quite there yet.  It''s just nice to have a bit of optimism around after a few years of doom and gloom.

[quote user="I.S."]I think one of (if not both) Leeds and Charlton will slip up, and we''ll take second place.[/quote]

They already have started to slip up. Leeds are still unbeaten in the league, but in their last two games at Elland Road they have only managed a 2-2 draw with Carlisle and a 0-0 draw with Charlton

its like asking if you are gonna make your next birthday, tbh you just dont know. you would HOPE we can achieve, i would hope so certainly, and i think we will do ok. but we arent even at christmas yet, of which the exit is more important than the entrance. i think based on the squad atm we are a play off side.

agree with you on that , i said before i cant remember the last time norwich had two big back to back wins .im fairly confident as goals are comming in from all players , so we dont have to put untold amount of presure on holt .allthough it is good we have a prolific striker up front of which we sadly missed for many seasons .

[quote user="I.S."]I think one of (if not both) Leeds and Charlton will slip up, and we''ll take second place.[/quote]For sure! Leeds have still got their annual mid/late season collapse to come as yet! [Y]

i think norwich will get stronger as the season goes on . we had a massive intake of players this season and now they are starting to gell and actually think they are a good team as you can see the confidence starting to build . norwich has not had much stability untill recent .and this is a major part of being a good team .with gunn being sacked so early on it must have had a impact on the players to start with .now things have started to settle down the results are improving big time.

i would like to think we could still get a automatic position . when you consider how poor we were to start with and how much we have improved surely it has to be the aim . play offs end in tears and i dont think i could cope, i would end up eating my own finger nails down to the bone .!!!!!!!!

If we got to wembley one way or another, what are the chances of me getting a ticket. Me being a non member, non ST holder?

How many do they put on sale for fans with neither of those commitments?

If we could be guaranteed a play-off place now, then I''d take it. If it comes to it and we''ve made the play-offs at the end of the season, I''d be fairly confident.

But if we continue to play like we did yesterday, and the teams around and above us slip up, who knows, the automatics still might not be out of reach!

[quote user="singing canary"]i would like to think we could still get a automatic position . when you consider how poor we were to start with and how much we have improved surely it has to be the aim . play offs end in tears and i dont think i could cope, i would end up eating my own finger nails down to the bone .!!!!!!!![/quote]

As I said on a different thread, I have this horrible feeling it will come down to us v Colchester in the play-offs.

[quote user="singing canary"]im going to put my neck on the line , it would not surprise me if we finished in a play off position . something has clicked with norwich just of late and it seems the team is now starting to gell and score from all over the park . lambert is bringing the best of the players we have with 3 or 4 quality loan players the is no reason why they should not push for a automatic place . prior to lamberts arrival i would have said mid table would have been a safe bet . lost one leauge game in eight has to be promotion form .[/quote]

we do well every 10 years

1993 uefa

2003 promoted to prem

2013???

, so if we go up this year , buy 2013 we will be pushing for playoffs

I`d take a playoff place now if you gave it to me ( bird in the hand and all that) but if we continue to be consistent, difficult to beat and score goals from all over the place, then I will not be surprised if we sneak an automatic.

Leeds and Charlton could well slip up..Charlton got stuffed yesterday and Leeds are heavily reliant on Beckford. Injuries and suspensions can play a huge part in the season...how would Leeds replace Beckford for example?

There is a very long way to go and a huge number of points to play for yet. It`s not done and dusted by any stretch of the imagination

OTBC

Two trips to Wembley this season, would you bet against that? But would you bet on two Wembley wins? I know I would!

Leeds have only won of their last 4 and we gained 4 points on them this week. If we can go to their place in a couple of weeks and beat them it will prove that we can still win the league!!

If Leeds sold Beckford in January I reckon that they would pay the price for it. They have already started to slip up a bit - both of their last two matches have been at home, and they''ve dropped points in both of them. I''m not suprised that Saturday''s fixture with Charlton ended goaless, but you really would have expected to have won against Carlisle on Tuesday, though they only managed a 2-2 draw

If Beckford gets a serious injury or moves to a different league in January, then I reckon that Leeds would finish no further than the play-off places

I went to Wembley to see the Championship playoff final with my Sheffield United supporting friend as a last minute thing. He checked the ticket office four days before the game and we got awesome seats. Pity they were a bit rubbish though. But basically you shouldn''t have too much trouble.