Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

I didn''t think they did? otherwise i would be on the table..........Ok I am REALLY REALLY sorry to NN, Gentlemen Jim, and especialy Arrdee, who i''m sure is looking down on all of this, if i could delete my posts i would.If NN will still let me stay on the thread, i will do a compltely new pick, thay i''m not sure if anyone has done:Excelsior Mouscron v Club Brugge, Club Brugge to win away....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t think they did? otherwise i would be on the table..........Ok I am REALLY REALLY sorry to NN, Gentlemen Jim, and especialy Arrdee, who i''m sure is looking down on all of this, if i could delete my posts i would.If NN will still let me stay on the thread, i will do a compltely new pick, thay i''m not sure if anyone has done:Excelsior Mouscron v Club Brugge, Club Brugge to win away....[/quote]I''m sure Nutty could explain it far better than me, but if you haven''t got a success rate (i.e. your pick is right) of 50% or more then you do not feature on the table.

Crivens, is the bad seed of this board really spreading this far?I think we just accept Ginge''s new pick and move on...In the meantime, I''m going to go for an Almeria home win......................................................... only kidding! [;)]Hull have a tendency to pull off the odd upset, so I''d be nervous about the Liverpool game... I''m off to London for Spurs to beat Burnley, HOME WIN.Good luck!

i am personally devastated by this bad blood on this thread, god only knows how Nutty and others who have been around since Week 1 are feeling.

I only started at the beginning of last season but managed to grab the concept, the positivity and essence of this whole thread. I never had correspondence with Arrdee but we shared a message or two on here. He was clearly a lovely man who saw the good in everyone and everything. His spirit lives on in this thread, and I think it''s time some newcomers were a little more adult about things, and a little more respectful.

This isn''t a clique - it''s a Norwich City love-in! Am I right PUPS?

[quote user="Muddy funster"]i am personally devastated by this bad blood on this thread, god only knows how Nutty and others who have been around since Week 1 are feeling.

I only started at the beginning of last season but managed to grab the concept, the positivity and essence of this whole thread. I never had correspondence with Arrdee but we shared a message or two on here. He was clearly a lovely man who saw the good in everyone and everything. His spirit lives on in this thread, and I think it''s time some newcomers were a little more adult about things, and a little more respectful.

This isn''t a clique - it''s a Norwich City love-in! Am I right PUPS?[/quote]Right im going to say again, i have said i am sorry, and i wish i hadn''t said anything, can we leave it alone now, i am waiting to see what NN and Jim say, i have appoligised to both of them, unlike culverhouse is a pyhco or whatever his name was, who was just abusive, i was standing up for myself.... i am sorry, and i do know what it is about, but untill you know what kind of person i am, you can''t really judge me can you? (i know you may not be talking just about me...but i am taking all of this personally now.... and feel quite bad)

OK.. I have been busy all day so I''d like to apologise to Gentleman Jim and Ginger Pele for not being here to sort this out sooner. Also apologies to FoneJack for disrupting his week in charge.

Now this is a very exclusive club but strangely very easy to be a member of. The only requirement is to leave your very best selection from the weekends football fixtures for the consideration of the PUP making the final selections. Some PUPs select every week and others drift in and out. All PUPs, both new and old, are always welcome, as are their selections which they are safe to leave with no questions asked.

We also have a competition amongst ourselves where I log all selections and produce a league table. To earn a place on this table the PUPs have to have made a selection in at least 50% of the weeks available. It''s my personal choice not to include the PUPs who are a bit down on their luck with less than 50% correct selections.

As for the policing of the thread  - it''s my experience that it polices itself. Gentleman Jim was there for us today and other days it''s other people. Last week Nana stepped in when someone was unsure how things work. I''m sure a few months down the line Ginger Pele will come across someone new who has a problem and will in turn be able in turn to help him out.

What I would like to happen now is that Pete tidies up this little part of the thread to make it easier for Fonejack to make his final selections and we all move on, as Astro suggested, each of us armed with a little more experience of life.

For me it''s off to Spain for the first time this year to Malaga for the visit of Barcelona.

Barcelona to win away at Malaga!!

Good luck Fonejacker.

Brendan - the table is produced by Nigel, usually on a monday morning, and it goes on the end of the previous weeks thread. Therefore to see the last updated table, go to the pups thread from last week.

[quote user="astrodyne"]Brendan - the table is produced by Nigel, usually on a monday morning, and it goes on the end of the previous weeks thread. Therefore to see the last updated table, go to the pups thread from last week.
[/quote]

Cheers Dude [Y] [:)]

[quote user="Brendan"]Any chance of seeing this "table"? Thanks.[/quote]

Happy to oblige Brendan

This is the latest PUPs League showing those who have at least 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks : -

PUP CORRECT PICKS %
Delia''s Devonshire.. 7-7 100
Fonejacker 7-7 100
Graham Humphrey 7-7 100
Hughesy 7-7 100
I''m A Banana 7-7 100
Leedscanary 7-7 100
Mr. Bump 7-7 100
NCFC_Shaun 7-7 100
nutty nigel 7-7 100
Pboro_Canary 7-7 100
Til 1010 7-7 100
Norwich 6-6 100
Shack Attack 6-6 100
Gazzathegreat 5-5 100
MacDougall''s perm 4-4 100
North-east-canarie 4-4 100
Blahblahblah 6-7 87
Cosmic Twin 6-7 87
Norfolkbroadslim 6-7 87
Obiwancanary 6-7 87
Scrimmage 6-7 87
Sparkos 6-7 87
Yankee Canary 6-7 87
Beauseant 6-7 86
Big Bob 6-7 86
Gentleman Jim 6-7 86
NCFCStar 6-7 86
Berkshire Canary 5-6 83
City-Til-I-Die 5-6 83
Evil Monkey 5-6 83
Legend Iwan 4-5 80
Panic 4-5 80
1st Wazzock 5-7 71
Astrodyne 5-7 71
CanaryRyan 5-7 71
Cityangel 5-7 71
Davo 5-7 71
Diesel Doris 5-7 71
Fellas 5-7 71
Hissing Sid 5-7 71
Inch High 5-7 71
Mandie Moo 5-7 71
methcanary 5-7 71
Mister Chops 5-7 71
Norfolkchance1 5-7 71
Sports Desk - Pete 5-7 71
The Great Drinkell 5-7 71
Trent Canary 5-7 71
Dion Dublin = Legend 4-6 67
Muddy funster 4-6 67
Scooby 4-6 67
1Dartmoore 4-7 57
Camuldonum 4-7 57
GMF 4-7 57
Gregt 4-7 57
Jellytot 4-7 57
Newyorkcanary 4-7 57
The Butler 4-7 57
Yellow Fever (BBI) 4-7 57
Brendan 2-4 50
Delia''s Recipe For... 2-4 50
Kathy 2-4 50

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="Brendan"]Any chance of seeing this "table"? Thanks.[/quote]

Happy to oblige Brendan

This is the latest PUPs League showing those who have at least 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks : -

PUP CORRECT PICKS %
Delia''s Devonshire.. 7-7 100
Fonejacker 7-7 100
Graham Humphrey 7-7 100
Hughesy 7-7 100
I''m A Banana 7-7 100
Leedscanary 7-7 100
Mr. Bump 7-7 100
NCFC_Shaun 7-7 100
nutty nigel 7-7 100
Pboro_Canary 7-7 100
Til 1010 7-7 100
Norwich 6-6 100
Shack Attack 6-6 100
Gazzathegreat 5-5 100
MacDougall''s perm 4-4 100
North-east-canarie 4-4 100
Blahblahblah 6-7 87
Cosmic Twin 6-7 87
Norfolkbroadslim 6-7 87
Obiwancanary 6-7 87
Scrimmage 6-7 87
Sparkos 6-7 87
Yankee Canary 6-7 87
Beauseant 6-7 86
Big Bob 6-7 86
Gentleman Jim 6-7 86
NCFCStar 6-7 86
Berkshire Canary 5-6 83
City-Til-I-Die 5-6 83
Evil Monkey 5-6 83
Legend Iwan 4-5 80
Panic 4-5 80
1st Wazzock 5-7 71
Astrodyne 5-7 71
CanaryRyan 5-7 71
Cityangel 5-7 71
Davo 5-7 71
Diesel Doris 5-7 71
Fellas 5-7 71
Hissing Sid 5-7 71
Inch High 5-7 71
Mandie Moo 5-7 71
methcanary 5-7 71
Mister Chops 5-7 71
Norfolkchance1 5-7 71
Sports Desk - Pete 5-7 71
The Great Drinkell 5-7 71
Trent Canary 5-7 71
Dion Dublin = Legend 4-6 67
Muddy funster 4-6 67
Scooby 4-6 67
1Dartmoore 4-7 57
Camuldonum 4-7 57
GMF 4-7 57
Gregt 4-7 57
Jellytot 4-7 57
Newyorkcanary 4-7 57
The Butler 4-7 57
Yellow Fever (BBI) 4-7 57
Brendan 2-4 50
Delia''s Recipe For... 2-4 50
Kathy 2-4 50

[/quote]

Oooooh yeah [;)] 3rd bottom... get in [:P]

OK guys, without further ado, here are the final six selections for this week. Despite what some may think, on my last count I had something like 30 different ties to choose from, so again a big thank you for all the naps received. Also, apologies in advance if your pick has not been selected - I can only choose six - I promise it''s nothing personal.So here goes.....Real Madrid vs Tenerife (ncfcstar, Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox, NCFC_Shaun)Liverpool vs Hull City ( Mr Bump, Mr Chips, Yellow Fever, Muddy Funster, obiwancanary, BigBib, newyorkcanary, Shack Attack, GMF, Graham Humphrey, Fellas, cityangel, Kathy)Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley (Brendan, Gentleman jim, I am a Banana, Evil Monkey, Hughesy)PSV Eindhoven vs Willem II (P_boto Canary, Nutty Nigel, Canary Cherub)Malaga vs Barcelona (CanaryRyan, Scooby)Rhyl vs Porthmadog (Cosmic Twin, leedscanary)Note that I haven''t included my own personal pick in the final six. This shows that there is absolutely no favouritism on the Free Bet, we''re just here to make some money for what it''s all about: Norwich City Football Club.So there you are. Let''s see what happens from tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

[quote user="Fonejacker"]OK guys, without further ado, here are the final six selections for this week. Despite what some may think, on my last count I had something like 30 different ties to choose from, so again a big thank you for all the naps received. Also, apologies in advance if your pick has not been selected - I can only choose six - I promise it''s nothing personal.

So here goes.....

Real Madrid vs Tenerife (ncfcstar, Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox, NCFC_Shaun)

Liverpool vs Hull City ( Mr Bump, Mr Chips, Yellow Fever, Muddy Funster, obiwancanary, BigBib, newyorkcanary, Shack Attack, GMF, Graham Humphrey, Fellas, cityangel, Kathy)

Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley (Brendan, Gentleman jim, I am a Banana, Evil Monkey, Hughesy)

PSV Eindhoven vs Willem II (P_boto Canary, Nutty Nigel, Canary Cherub)

Malaga vs Barcelona (CanaryRyan, Scooby)

Rhyl vs Porthmadog (Cosmic Twin, leedscanary)

Note that I haven''t included my own personal pick in the final six. This shows that there is absolutely no favouritism on the Free Bet, we''re just here to make some money for what it''s all about: Norwich City Football Club.

So there you are. Let''s see what happens from tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!
[/quote]

[Y] Sounds good to me, [:)]

Excellent set of selections Fonejacker. They look good to me and it can only be bad luck that stops you gaining your place on Ray''s line of fame. I''ll get these on with Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

Of course you''re right about the amount of selections you have to choose from. I mentioned this on my opening post this week. There was a time when we''d only have maybe a dozen or so games to pick from. And sometimes after the results were in there wasn''t six correct amongst them, giving the final selector no chance. As our table, that Pboro kindly found for Brendan, shows we are getting a bit good at this and last week there were over 20 correct selections on our thread.

Good Picks Fonejacker.

Hope I don''t screw things up with my selection this week, as I''ve not picked winner recently.

But here goes

BARCELONA to beat malaga

Well done Fonejacker, looks like a sound set of picks to me. Will be interesting to see what sort of odds Nutty can get from Billy. I''m sure whatever they are they will be the best around! Good luck and enjoy the next few hours.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Fonejacker and Billy Dixon we have...

1/8 Real Madrid
1/6 Liverpool
2/5 Tottenham
1/6 PSV Eindhoven
2/7 Barcelona
1/5 Rhyl

Which will win for the Academy £23.08p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £18.65 which just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us. So if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

So now it’s “game on” and we start with Rhyl at 2:30pm followed by Liverpool and Tottenham at 3pm. Real Madrid kick off at 5pm, PSV start at 6:45 and Barcelona  at 7pm. So we should know our fate before the pubs shut tonight [B][B][B][Y][B][;)][B][:O]

Good luck everyone......[:)]........