Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Delia Smith, you are an utter disgrace!

[quote user="John Morlar"]I''ll get me coat, put me tin hat on and go into exile. If Delia or anybody was to put some money on the table, Paul Lambert could do no more than bring in loan players and we don''t want any more of them do we?. We are in this position now because of the utterly crazy decision to re-appoint the club legend as Manager so that he could waste what little money we had. You can also blame the transfer window which prevents any buying and selling until January 2010. Now I''ll take cover and duck the bullets ![/quote]

Yes I would rather have a few short term loans to see us through until January than have another season of failure culminating almost certainly in administration John.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="City1st"]as opposed to how much you have put in Smudger
[/quote]

Yeah not much I know... but even I have put in more than Delia has this season... [:$]

[/quote]

It''s money we are talking, not posts on this forum

......and unlike the regular club critics, Delia actually goes to games
[/quote]

Yes I know Delia has put in NOTHING as yet this season.

She hasn''t even matched the £60 or so that I have spent.... [:$]

She may of put money in to her catering business, but this is a FOOTBALL CLUB in case you had forgotten???

[/quote]

Now Smudger.. whatever is all this about? What £60 have you put in? Is this money you spent on tickets? It doesn''t count my friend. Just like the money Delia has spent on her tickets although hers is rather more of a gesture as she could undoubtedly walk into her club for free.

And what''s with all the posters suddenly laying claim to having given the club rebate money? I thought we all voted to claim it back and did so. Or is it the other fans rebate money we now lay claim to be our own?

Here''s a suggestion. Why don''t you lobby your friends at nCIsA to hold another meeting at The Andrews. The last one was well attended and the resolutions that were voted on have all come to pass. The season ticket rebate has largely been reclaimed, Gunny has got the tin tack and there are three new members on the board. Now we have people on the board and managing the club that we apparently trust to spend the money well there could be a proposal that those of us who reclaimed our rebate should now give the money back. That could bring the club around three quarters of a million for the January transfer window. Now if that was matched by Smudger and all the others who had an opinion on the rebate, but no actual rebate to have an opinion about, then we could conceivably get to 1m. This could be taken to the board with a request to match it. If they matched the million between them then Lambert could have an extra 2m in January.

Are you up for it Smudger?

[/quote]

No and if you can get behind majority shareholders that hold their begging bowl out to the supporters who have been paying over the odds to watch absolute dross for years now without investing themselves then it is high time that they done one and you skipped off in to the sunset with them.

Honestly, name one other club in the UK who would allow their majority shareholders to get away with raping their club to such an extent without so much as a whimper.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Downloads"]

Agree with that. But it ain''t gonna happen.

Once we don''t get promoted at the first attempt (and we won''t), the banks will apply pressure and we will be forced to sell players and/or land and/or the stadium.

Its gonna get worse unless she sells up.[/quote]I had it from a reliable source on Thursday night that administration could well occur this season and is anticipated if crowds regularly fall to the 18,000 mark.[/quote]Same christmas i heard.[/quote]I heard the same from a couple of men in the LB (one was a steward) at the last home game, whether it''s true or not I don''t know, I hope to god not for the sake of our fans.[/quote]I hope to god that it is true... it is the only way that our club will move forwards as last nights collapse after Hughes went off proved.[/quote]So you hope to God for administration smudger?

[quote user="Smudger"]Yes I would rather have a few short term loans to see us through until January than have another season of failure culminating almost certainly in administration John.[/quote]

Oh, you don''t want administration now...............

And all in the same thread too!

Deary, deary me! [:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Yeah not much I know... but even I have put in more than Delia has this season... [:$]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you seen her entourage!.....Masseeeve! Must cost a fortune for a round....and that''s not including crisps and nuts.

[/quote]

Lol!

BTW. I''m a season ticket holder.

[/quote]

So am I tangie[:O]

BTW. Do ya reckon Delia claimed her rebate[:^)]

[/quote]

No and I don''t reckon she purchases her tickets either... but then again you are a gullible bugger at the best of times Nutty.

She doesn''t take anything out of our club apart from a few million quid from player sales to subsidise the over staffed Canary Catering.

[quote user="UEAstudent"][quote user="City1st"]You forget that imminent adminisytration was one of the main reasons McNally joined us, Lambert jumped ship and the two directors came aboard. It''s why Aviva sponsored us - and they should have learnt they lesson about getting involved in incompetent football cllubs.

Of course our simply minded binfolk have not bothered to borrow someone''s else''s fingers when doing their counting. We have over 18,000 season ticket holders already so the figure quoted is nonsense, the money is already accounted for. But the idiocy doesn''t stop there. 18,000 and less would assume that absolutely no non season ticket holders turned up or not one single away fan.

Reading a few of the binners comments above it''s not hard to see how they ended up going bankrupt - cheating local traders and stiffing a charity in the process.

Still they have something we don''t. A £25m loan (plus) another £8m lent to bail them out and a string of debts to all and sundry including £5m to the taxman, Any wonder they can''t find anybody to sponsor their shirts or their stand and have to plaster the name of their asset stripper everywhere.

Rather like a cheap tart having her pimp''s name plastered all over her face.
[/quote] That is all true! But it makes it harder to accept why they are in the leauge above. Lets hope not for long. Would we take administration this year if it meant we would be in the prem in, say, 3 years? Or would we rather stay poor but honest with big debts? Genuine question.[/quote]

I know which of the two options I would prefer.

You obviously will get a load of wishy washy liberal, bob a job, good deed nonsense that doesn''t give you a straight answer from most posters on here and the majority of Norwich fans though.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Downloads"]

Agree with that. But it ain''t gonna happen.

Once we don''t get promoted at the first attempt (and we won''t), the banks will apply pressure and we will be forced to sell players and/or land and/or the stadium.

Its gonna get worse unless she sells up.[/quote]I had it from a reliable source on Thursday night that administration could well occur this season and is anticipated if crowds regularly fall to the 18,000 mark.[/quote]Same christmas i heard.[/quote]I heard the same from a couple of men in the LB (one was a steward) at the last home game, whether it''s true or not I don''t know, I hope to god not for the sake of our fans.[/quote]I hope to god that it is true... it is the only way that our club will move forwards as last nights collapse after Hughes went off proved.[/quote]So you hope to God for administration smudger?

[quote user="Smudger"]Yes I would rather have a few short term loans to see us through until January than have another season of failure culminating almost certainly in administration John.[/quote]

Oh, you don''t want administration now...............

And all in the same thread too!

Deary, deary me! [:S]

[/quote]

I would like adminstration NOW if it enabled the club to shake off the thing which has been strangling it to death and which continues to do so... Delia Smith!

I will be furious we enter administration at the end of the season after yet another season of tremendous support and mugging of the good people of Norfolk.

Have you seen a match yet Lapp?  Any comments to make on our new manager or whether you feel we have what it takes to make even the play offs?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Either back your new manager NO(W or Step down from our football club NOW before you destroy it anymore.

The choice is yours! [:@]

[/quote]Back him now?,.... what, with loans?  I thought we all hated loan players?  Damned if you do.... damned if you don''t....

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She may of put money in to her catering business, but this is a FOOTBALL CLUB in case you had forgotten???

[/quote]

Now Smudger.. whatever is all this about? What £60 have you put in? Is this money you spent on tickets? It doesn''t count my friend. Just like the money Delia has spent on her tickets although hers is rather more of a gesture as she could undoubtedly walk into her club for free.

And what''s with all the posters suddenly laying claim to having given the club rebate money? I thought we all voted to claim it back and did so. Or is it the other fans rebate money we now lay claim to be our own?

Here''s a suggestion. Why don''t you lobby your friends at nCIsA to hold another meeting at The Andrews. The last one was well attended and the resolutions that were voted on have all come to pass. The season ticket rebate has largely been reclaimed, Gunny has got the tin tack and there are three new members on the board. Now we have people on the board and managing the club that we apparently trust to spend the money well there could be a proposal that those of us who reclaimed our rebate should now give the money back. That could bring the club around three quarters of a million for the January transfer window. Now if that was matched by Smudger and all the others who had an opinion on the rebate, but no actual rebate to have an opinion about, then we could conceivably get to 1m. This could be taken to the board with a request to match it. If they matched the million between them then Lambert could have an extra 2m in January.

[/quote]

No and if you can get behind majority shareholders that hold their begging bowl out to the supporters who have been paying over the odds to watch absolute dross for years now without investing themselves then it is high time that they done one and you skipped off in to the sunset with them.

Honestly, name one other club in the UK who would allow their majority shareholders to get away with raping their club to such an extent without so much as a whimper.

[/quote]

I just suggested a way to get 2m into the kitty. You can stamp your feet about majority shareholders ''til the cows come home but it won''t do that. Again, all you do is attack fans. Why do you think all City fans are stupid? I do not believe I have been paying over the odds. If there are fans who believe they have paid over the odds for years now then they have to be bonkers to keep doing it. I wish I could get their email addresses... I''d flog ''em stuff on Ebay.. I''d never have to work again.

I''m going nowhere Smudger... I''ll still be here long after you''ve done one into the sunset to support your next club.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whats that got to do with the price of bacon? I bet she don''t pay for her tickets! And actually, i think most of the critics on here do go to games...

[/quote]

The Directors do pay for their own tickets.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

Either back your new manager NO(W or Step down from our football club NOW before you destroy it anymore.

[/quote]

Back him now?,.... what, with loans?  I thought we all hated loan players?  Damned if you do.... damned if you don''t....
[/quote]

I don''t hate loan players CHOPS and never have done.

Yes we have had an over reliance on them in recent years due to our board not financing a strong enough squad.  I think yet again we do nlot have a squad which is strong enough to challenge and after speaking To Mr Lambert last week I know that he has the same fears.

If this is the case then should we wait until January when we will be likely to be even further off the pace and our season could be effectively over, or do we bring in some short term loans now?

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whats that got to do with the price of bacon? I bet she don''t pay for her tickets! And actually, i think most of the critics on here do go to games...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh have you seen their personal Bank Statements for the last few years???

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh have you seen their personal Bank Statements for the last few years???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just suggested a way to get 2m into the kitty. You can stamp your feet about majority shareholders ''til the cows come home but it won''t do that. Again, all you do is attack fans. Why do you think all City fans are stupid? I do not believe I have been paying over the odds. If there are fans who believe they have paid over the odds for years now then they have to be bonkers to keep doing it. I wish I could get their email addresses... I''d flog ''em stuff on Ebay.. I''d never have to work again.

I''m going nowhere Smudger... I''ll still be here long after you''ve done one into the sunset to support your next club.

[/quote]

You DRAMA QUEEN... what is this last little dig all about?

Not being nasty, but being several years my senior you will hopefully be long a long time dead before my days of attending Carrow Road are over Nutty.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You DRAMA QUEEN... what is this last little dig all about?

Not being nasty, but being several years my senior you will hopefully be long a long time dead before my days of attending Carrow Road are over Nutty.

[/quote]

What a nasty piece of work you really are Smudger to even put such thoughts into words.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]It''s funny how Smudge only crawls out from under his stone when we lose / things don''t go right. Shame he doesn''t stay there. Some people take some sort of perverse pleasure in bad times.[/quote]

there is a name for them

rhymes with dinners
[/quote]

Are you calling Smudger a binner? LMFAO you know what, whatever you might think of him and his opinions he has NC close to his heart, just like all of us.

Are you a binner then?

[/quote]

I think ''City1st'' is a seasoned poster with a new pseudonym.....I recognise the style.....or distinct lack of it.

It was a strange thing to say Yankee but I don''t think Smudger''s really that nasty. I''ve met him and he''s quite a funny little thing really, not at all like he comes across on here. I just think he''s a bit limited. I''ve tried to chat to him about football on here a few times this week and he comes up short I''m afraid. In fact short seems to be the ongoing theme with our Smudge!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I think ''City1st'' is a seasoned poster with a new pseudonym.....I recognise the style.....or distinct lack of it.

[/quote]

I recognise the style... but does Arthur...[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I think ''City1st'' is a seasoned poster with a new pseudonym.....I recognise the style.....or distinct lack of it.[/quote]I recognise the style... but does Arthur...[;)][/quote]I agree with you both. Right! [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It was a strange thing to say Yankee but I don''t think Smudger''s really that nasty. I''ve met him and he''s quite a funny little thing really, not at all like he comes across on here. I just think he''s a bit limited. I''ve tried to chat to him about football on here a few times this week and he comes up short I''m afraid. In fact short seems to be the ongoing theme with our Smudge!

[/quote]

Glad you took it in the jesting manner it was meant Nutty... [;)]

I know that you like your musical anecdotes, so as Depech Mode once said...

[8][8]"It''s just a question of time... and it''s running out for you!

It''s just a question of time
It should be better!" [8][8]

You never know though, you may just be lucky enough to have a few years of peace and quiet in your old age if I pop my clogs first???  Alternatively,  we may just find a new owner soon and you and I might just be singing from the same hymn sheet for longer than a month or two perhaps?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I say, that''s very authoritative coming from all the way down under in Perth.

And there was me thinking of adding up all my shares to see if I could qualify - even for a little discount!

I mean they''ve already discontinued my free membership.

Dear oh dear.

[:''(]

OTBC

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You appear to know very little.

Firstly, Delia and Michael converted most of their loans to shares and secondly, they pay for everything including their own seats.  Other owners take a salary but they take nothing.  If the Club went into administration, they would lose a great deal.

There are plenty of valid reasons to criticise them without the stale, false misguided rubbish you are coming out with

[/quote]

and you appear to be a plank, you obviously don''t recognise an off the cuff remark and make a whole lot of assumptions based on it.

Should Norwich fans be grateful that they loan the club money, convert the money into shares because we have no way of paying it back and thus giving them a bigger percentage of the shareholding. That is not gifting Norwich money because it gives her a greater shareholding. Its not our fault that those shares are worthless because she is terrible at running a football club.

I am well aware they don''t take a salary and i am aware they would lose a lot if we went into administration, you really are a prize turnip. I''ve stated a million times on this board the reasons Delia can''t afford to let the club go into administration, which is unfortunate because we need rid of her. Hopefully, if we are lucky, the banks will call in all the loans and force us into relegation. We might not be able to get rid of all the debt but maybe we will end up with an owner who firstly knows how to run a business and secondly, might have some money themselves.

Get a grip you sad little man!

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="City1st"]as opposed to how much you have put in Smudger [/quote]

[/quote]It''s money we are talking, not posts on this forum......and unlike the regular club critics, Delia actually goes to games[/quote]

[/quote]

You appear to know very little.

Firstly, Delia and Michael converted most of their loans to shares and secondly, they pay for everything including their own seats.  Other owners take a salary but they take nothing.  If the Club went into administration, they would lose a great deal.

There are plenty of valid reasons to criticise them without the stale, false misguided rubbish you are coming out with

[/quote]

and you appear to be a plank, you obviously don''t recognise an off the cuff remark and make a whole lot of assumptions based on it.

Should Norwich fans be grateful that they loan the club money, convert the money into shares because we have no way of paying it back and thus giving them a bigger percentage of the shareholding. That is not gifting Norwich money because it gives her a greater shareholding. Its not our fault that those shares are worthless because she is terrible at running a football club.

I am well aware they don''t take a salary and i am aware they would lose a lot if we went into administration, you really are a prize turnip. I''ve stated a million times on this board the reasons Delia can''t afford to let the club go into administration, which is unfortunate because we need rid of her. Hopefully, if we are lucky, the banks will call in all the loans and force us into relegation. We might not be able to get rid of all the debt but maybe we will end up with an owner who firstly knows how to run a business and secondly, might have some money themselves.

Get a grip you sad little man!

[/quote]I''ve told you a thousand times not to exaggerate.And maybe not ........

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Agreed Smudger, although we all know it isn''t as simple as her just walking away.  The fact that we lost everything after Hughes went off shows how vital he is, and also how paper thin our squad is.
[/quote]

Paper thin??!!! We have maybe the biggest squad in Leaague 1.  Even the commentators were saying they nearly needed another page on the programme.

[/quote]

Thin in quality rather than in numbers. Just to put things into perspective our current squad was assembled for combined fees totalling less than that fee which we received for Robert Earnshaw not so long ago, or another way for about the same as the average first team player at Championship Newcastle gets paid in a single year.
[/quote]

Spot on !

With clubs moving towards only being able to spend ticket receipts and TV revenue and clubs being forced to settle their tax liabilities this long and tired debate will finally come to a close.

Fans will have to look at how much they are willing to pay themselves rather than expect the owners to pay for their entertainment.

Finally football will start to come to its senses and apply something like the normal rules of business and finances as Peter Cullum was recommending.

The wealth of owners will no longer matter and it will come down to the revenue generated from fans and the management team. The question then comes down to how much are the fans willing to pay for what they want and the quality of the CEO and manager. 

what an absolute joke you are Smudger, i cant take anything you say seriously, things pick up a bit with NCFC and your absent, we lose one game and bang your back with a Delia''s a disgrace thread.Its laughable. When were beating Hartlepool and Wycombe and Lamberts unbeaten run is continuiung theres no Delia''s a disgrace, but the second we lose you post this tripe. So when we win its nothing to do with Delia but when we lose its all her fault?Dont get me wrong i want Delia out of the club but your posts are pathetic.

[quote user="T"]

Fans will have to look at how much they are willing to pay themselves rather than expect the owners to pay for their entertainment.

Finally football will start to come to its senses and apply something like the normal rules of business and finances as Peter Cullum was recommending.

The wealth of owners will no longer matter and it will come down to the revenue generated from fans and the management team. The question then comes down to how much are the fans willing to pay for what they want and the quality of the CEO and manager. 

[/quote]

I agree that football (as a whole) will need to get realistic about its cost base (and thats not just the playing squad) and its time for owners to stop subsidising the recurring cost base.

Furthermore I dont think its a question of whether the fans should be expected to pay more rather than the owners as the fans pay enough already.  Can you imagine a Cinema operator saying to its customers, psst we''ve had a bad year or two can you please pay us more?

However with regard to NCFC. where the club has been in decline, like any other business in a similar situation an injection of capital may be needed in order to help put the business in better shape.

Barclayman,

Surely you dont disagree that this IS the time for the board to back Lambert financially?

We are in urgent need of four players to be signed on a three month loan basis with a view to becoming permanent signings:

a) an experienced striker to replace Cureton

b) two pacey wingers

c) a central midfield player to play alongside Hughes

and then later a replacement for Doc if he goes.

We are asking alot of the younger players (18 and 19 year olds)  to keep playing them week in week out.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I agree that football (as a whole) will need to get realistic about its cost base (and thats not just the playing squad) and its time for owners to stop subsidising the recurring cost base.

Furthermore I dont think its a question of whether the fans should be expected to pay more rather than the owners as the fans pay enough already.  Can you imagine a Cinema operator saying to its customers, psst we''ve had a bad year or two can you please pay us more?

However with regard to NCFC. where the club has been in decline, like any other business in a similar situation an injection of capital may be needed in order to help put the business in better shape.

[/quote]

So what do you think of my idea of an injection of capital earlier in this thread Tangie? Especially given the Football Club operator said, pssst we''ve had a bad year you can pay us less.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

So what do you think of my idea of an injection of capital earlier in this thread Tangie? Especially given the Football Club operator said, pssst we''ve had a bad year you can pay us less.

[/quote]

The CUSTOMER is paying less because the "product" is inferior - Division 3 (old money) football at Division 3 prices.

As for any injection of capital that should comes from the existing or new OWNERS of the business, i.e the ordinary shareholders......and we all know who the majority shareholders are! 

I am not for rewarding corporate failure by asking the customer to pay more for an inferior "product".

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The CUSTOMER is paying less because the "product" is inferior - Division 3 (old money) football at Division 3 prices.

As for any injection of capital that should comes from the existing or new OWNERS of the business, i.e the ordinary shareholders......and we all know who the majority shareholders are! 

I am not for rewarding corporate failure by asking the customer to pay more for an inferior "product".

[/quote]

But your Cinema operator never says to the CUSTOMER pssst we''re showing some inferior products so if you choose you can pay less.