Sign in to follow this  
lordyfan

longest trip for home games

Who has the longest trip for our home matches.For 5 years, this was mine for EVERY home gameArnheim holland to rotterdam 4:30amrotterdam to hook van holland for 7am fast ferryharwich to scumland train change for norwichBEER AND GAMEnorwich to manningtree trainchange for train to harwich7:20 ferry to hook van hollandtrain to rotterdamchange for arnheimarrive home 2.00amwas it worth itOF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!would i do it again? you bet

Taxi to Glasgow airport, flight to Norwich, taxi from Norwich airport to the city centre, pub, game, pub, taxi to Norwich airport, flight to Glasgow, taxi home, bed. In that order... [;)]

I flew in from Minnesota for the Play-Off''s in 2002. That was a good 4,500 miles.My trip for home games at the minute though is a measly 117 from Bedford.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]I flew in from Minnesota for the Play-Off''s in 2002. That was a good 4,500 miles.

My trip for home games at the minute though is a measly 117 from Bedford.
[/quote]

thats a season for me the 4500!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Beds Canary"]I flew in from Minnesota for the Play-Off''s in 2002. That was a good 4,500 miles.

My trip for home games at the minute though is a measly 117 from Bedford.
[/quote]

thats a season for me the 4500!!

[/quote]

thats more like a lifetime!!

Does it count when I was in Hong Kong during my Army days, when I arranged my leave around the best matches to attend

Live in Beccles. Drive down to Dover. Ferry to Calais. Drive through Europe. Get the sleeper Train across Russia and into China. Stop off for a spot of Sushi and Sake. Fly to Australia, quick BBQ. Fly to San Fransisco. Fairly long drive to Philadelphia. Fly to Stanstead. Drive to Norwich. Quick pint. Watch game. Another swift one. Set off home and go to bed.Surely there must be an easier way......... [:)]OTBC

A thirty three minute stroll through Pottergate, up Opie Street, over the old cattlemarket, down King St and over the bridge.

On the way back a minor detour into the Workshop on Earlham Rd can easily extend the time by up to an hour.

[quote user="Norwichrossi"]Live in Aylesbury, go to most home games, between 115-120 miles. Got to make the trip to see the mighty yellows though![/quote]good work!

Well done to everyone who makes long trips!

And a big well done to the guy at the top. Take me around 25 mins to walk, 10 mins to bike. And around 5 mins in car (no traffic).

[quote user="lordyfan"]Who has the longest trip for our home matches.For 5 years, this was mine for EVERY home gameArnheim holland to rotterdam 4:30amrotterdam to hook van holland for 7am fast ferryharwich to scumland train change for norwichBEER AND GAMEnorwich to manningtree trainchange for train to harwich7:20 ferry to hook van hollandtrain to rotterdamchange for arnheimarrive home 2.00amwas it worth itOF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!would i do it again? you bet[/quote]

that must have cost a fortune! every home game for five years?! honestly, that is the craziest thing i''ve ever heard. massive respect though! you should tell the club about that... perhaps get into the match day programme or something! well done to you sir

[quote user="lordyfan"]Who has the longest trip for our home matches.

For 5 years, this was mine for EVERY home game

Arnheim holland to rotterdam 4:30am
rotterdam to hook van holland for 7am fast ferry
harwich to scumland train change for norwich
BEER AND GAME
norwich to manningtree train
change for train to harwich
7:20 ferry to hook van holland
train to rotterdam
change for arnheim
arrive home 2.00am

was it worth it

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
would i do it again? you bet
[/quote]

hadnt u heard of klm airline. train from rotterdam to schipol and a 25 min flight!!!

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Live in Beccles. Drive down to Dover. Ferry to Calais. Drive through Europe. Get the sleeper Train across Russia and into China. Stop off for a spot of Sushi and Sake. Fly to Australia, quick BBQ. Fly to San Fransisco. Fairly long drive to Philadelphia. Fly to Stanstead. Drive to Norwich. Quick pint. Watch game. Another swift one. Set off home and go to bed.Surely there must be an easier way......... [:)]OTBC[/quote]

I''m sure you can get sushi and sake in China, but it''d probably be better in Japan...

260 mile round trip from Kent every home game.

300 mile round trip from Ashford, Surrey to every game. I know some Hampshire canaries that travel from Southampton for every game.

[quote user="lordyfan"]Who has the longest trip for our home matches.

For 5 years, this was mine for EVERY home game

Arnheim holland to rotterdam 4:30am
rotterdam to hook van holland for 7am fast ferry
harwich to scumland train change for norwich
BEER AND GAME
norwich to manningtree train
change for train to harwich
7:20 ferry to hook van holland
train to rotterdam
change for arnheim
arrive home 2.00am

was it worth it

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
would i do it again? you bet
[/quote]

"I mean, thats a long old poke inn`it"!!!!!  [:D][:D][:D]

But it was fun winding up the dutch binners on the ferry!. Loads used to come over, the murhen/thyssen effect. After a few swift pints of heiny, The banter would start. Held me own tho, Multilingual sledging, Used to get em in english and dutch!. I wernt alone, There was sometimes a couple who lived in dortmund that i used to see on the ferry going to a game at carra rood

Was a season ticket holder for the last 2 seasons and used to get the train up from Harwich to Norwich for every game. Sometimes didn''t get back until gone 12 and then up at half 7 for school/college the next morning. Unfortunately couldn''t afford a season ticket this season but going to get to as many games as possible :)