Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Our attendance last night

I expected a reasonable attendance at only £5 a seat. Does anybody know whether the revenue generated by last night''s match was sufficient to cover all the costs of opening the stadium?

And....like the Sunderland game, only half the bars were open in the Lower Barclay lounge at half time which meant I missed the first five mins of the second half!

[quote user="Tookie140"]N&P closed aswell as the top tier of Barclay.[/quote]I thought that was a great idea. Maybe I''m wrong (as I wasn''t at the Sunderland game) but concentrating the crowd into certain areas seemed to improve the atmosphere.

mentioned elsewhere but the prices last night were ideal for families to attend , my 9 year old enjoyed himself and with school holidays still on , why not attract kids - boost the crowd

[quote user="gary "]mentioned elsewhere but the prices last night were ideal for families to attend , my 9 year old enjoyed himself and with school holidays still on , why not attract kids - boost the crowd[/quote]

And a home draw next round would be even better for the fans, who knows might even get 18.000+ what a night that would be  

With the low prices I thought they''d be a reasonable turnout!

The 12500 crowd must be a record at this stage of the JPT?

I''ve been at many top flight games at Carrow Road with lower crowds than last nights!

Plenty there last night however don''t get too excited, one comment from behind me was "1 minute extra what does that mean?"

Atmosphere was poor due to most of the ''supporters'' having no idea who they were watching.

I tried singing a few chants but gave up due to nobody within 10 seats of me knew what to sing!

[quote user="Things are looking up "]

Plenty there last night however don''t get too excited, one comment from behind me was "1 minute extra what does that mean?"[/quote]

I can probably beat that. A handful of seconds in, the little lad behind me turned to his dad and said "which team is which?". [:D] He was probably only about 5 though bless him; he had a long chat with Delia (this was the row in front of the director''s box) at half-time about when he was going back to school.

[quote user="Things are looking up "]

Plenty there last night however don''t get too excited, one comment from behind me was "1 minute extra what does that mean?"

Atmosphere was poor due to most of the ''supporters'' having no idea who they were watching.

I tried singing a few chants but gave up due to nobody within 10 seats of me knew what to sing!

[/quote]

You have to start somewhere . . .

I expected a reasonable attendance at only £5 a seat. Does anybody know whether the revenue generated by last night''s match was sufficient to cover all the costs of opening the stadium?

I was once told by a Director that it cost £30,000 to open the stadium, lights.police,stewards,cleaners,insurance,etc. 12,000 @ £5 is £60,000 so with the sale of pies,pints and programmes one would think that NCFC made about £40.000 on the match of which I suppose the visitors would take between £5,000 and £10,000.

Nice little earner?

[quote user="Bobert"]

I was once told by a Director that it cost £30,000 to open the stadium, lights.police,stewards,cleaners,insurance,etc. 12,000 @ £5 is £60,000 so with the sale of pies,pints and programmes one would think that NCFC made about £40.000 on the match of which I suppose the visitors would take between £5,000 and £10,000.

Nice little earner?

[/quote]

But i believe most of the ''fans'' there wee either £1 or £3 tickets, so maybe not thatuch oney generated!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]And....like the Sunderland game, only half the bars were open in the Lower Barclay lounge at half time which meant I missed the first five mins of the second half![/quote]

If i were you i''d write a letter and compain

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Talking of programmes, is anyone willing to sell me one? Would be a massive help, as I am a collector and couldn''t get one!![/quote]

Almost certain to be on sale in the shop, to be honest at £2 for about 8 pages not value for money.