Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Cureton will score today

Yes indeed, I firmly believe today is the day that Jamie Cureton relaunches his Norwich career with a goal in each half against a slow and ponderous Walsall side.  I have £10 on him to score first and last goals at 5-1 a piece.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes indeed, I firmly believe today is the day that Jamie Cureton relaunches his Norwich career with a goal in each half against a slow and ponderous Walsall side.  I have £10 on him to score first and last goals at 5-1 a piece.[/quote]Good luck with that.

Slow and ponderous? Are you taking about Jamie ''lad''? Sorry, I personally can''t see it myself. Give Hoolahan or Martin a chance to play alongside Holt.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes indeed, I firmly believe today is the day that Jamie Cureton relaunches his Norwich career with a goal in each half against a slow and ponderous Walsall side.  I have £10 on him to score first and last goals at 5-1 a piece.[/quote]unlucky

Cureton has had more chances than most to prove his worth to the team and IMO he has failed each and every time,if he scores today it will be 1 of about 5 he will get this season but good luck to him and lets hope he finally proves me wrong.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes indeed, I firmly believe today is the day that Jamie Cureton relaunches his Norwich career with a goal in each half against a slow and ponderous Walsall side.  I have £10 on him to score first and last goals at 5-1 a piece.[/quote].....thats nuts....I''ve just done exactly the same bet today..............needless to say, very best of luck to you sir.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Only if his WAG hasn''t got a headache.....[/quote]Speaking of which, I saw Wes Hoolahan in Trattoria Rustica last night with his WAG and my word she was something to behold - and she totally knew it.  So if Wes even gets 15 minutes today I reckon he''ll be knackered.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes indeed, I firmly believe today is the day that Jamie Cureton relaunches his Norwich career with a goal in each half against a slow and ponderous Walsall side.  I have £10 on him to score first and last goals at 5-1 a piece.[/quote].....thats nuts....I''ve just done exactly the same bet today..............needless to say, very best of luck to you sir.[/quote]And to you, Sir.

hope to god he doesnt play let alone score. 

As has been said already, i am totally of the thinking that he has had more than enough chances, and all he has done is prove exactly why he shouldn''t be playing.

Jamie playing today would be a wated opportunity for another of our players to get match fitness/experience etc.

If he plays and scores one goal, what does that mean? that he suddenly jumps up to be first name on the teamsheet again? 

I have nothing against Jamie as a person as im sure nobody has, but from an unbiased viewpoint lets let him go somewhere else, maybe even league 2, on loan and see what he can/can''t do!

Thanks

Matt

hope to god he doesn''t play. 

As has been said already, i am totally of the thinking that he has had more than enough chances, and all he has done is prove exactly why he shouldn''t be playing.

Jamie playing today would be a wasted opportunity for another of our players to get match fitness/experience etc.

If he plays and scores one goal, what does that mean? that he suddenly jumps up to be one of the first names on the teamsheet again? 

I have nothing against Jamie as a person as im sure nobody has, but from an unbiased viewpoint lets let him go somewhere else, maybe even league 2, on loan and see what he can/can''t do!

Thanks

Matt

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes indeed, I firmly believe today is the day that Jamie Cureton relaunches his Norwich career with a goal in each half against a slow and ponderous Walsall side.  I have £10 on him to score first and last goals at 5-1 a piece.[/quote]Have faith my son............

.........May the Lord have mercy on their goal..............

[;)][B]

Just a win will do, but if Jamie scores all well and good. I have 60 quid riding on a win at 4-6.  [<:o)]  

I''m currently third in the Prediction League on 14pts from 7 and I''ve got Cureton down to score today, so I guess peoples monies are safe if they follow the Shyster.

Law of probability suggests that he will score soon and I hope it will be today. Funny.how I get the feeling that some posters wouldn''t like it if he did score. They''re too comfortable in their barndoor/banjo jibes. It''s all been said before but he was a very good striker and there is no doubt that Roeder destroyed his confidence and self-belief. If he can rediscover that then he will be a major asset in this league this season.,  

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Law of probability suggests that he will score soon and I hope it will be today. Funny.how I get the feeling that some posters wouldn''t like it if he did score. They''re too comfortable in their barndoor/banjo jibes. It''s all been said before but he was a very good striker and there is no doubt that Roeder destroyed his confidence and self-belief. If he can rediscover that then he will be a major asset in this league this season.,  [/quote]I have no problem with him going on a scoring run but there is no evidence of it happening.  My fear would be him scoring today and getting a run of 5 games and not then scoring again until the fifth.  However, we seem to be winning whilst he is in the side even though I''m yet to see what he is contributing so can''t really complain.

Jamie Cureton constantly misses gaping goals that my 4 year nephew could tuck away with ease.

This is a terrible bet, I feel for you.

Still, I hope you win!!

[quote user="paul moy"]Let''s get Cureton off and give Cody a chance !![/quote]

That would be way too sensible. Swapping an old carthorse who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo for a pacy striker who would cause havok against a slow Walsall defence. Dont be daft!

Cody almost scored but was dragged back by his shirt. He''s done more effective work in two minutes than Cureton did in 65 mins. [;)]

Cureton ,Cody and Martin are simply not good enough , come to that nor is most of the squad , how we can leave players like Hoolahan out of the squad is unbelievable .Promotion ,not a hope in hell.