Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

Lambert New City Manager

A big [Y] to those who had this down as a good decision. I didnt know much about him so didnt have an opinion either way, couldnt see it being this good though!

Wheres scooby? :) ....Also as i recorded all the FL  Shows on the ps3,and transfered to a harddrive,i love looking at the eraly ones,like after 3 games we had only 1 pnt! ..How times changed!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Scooby"]

UNF***INBELIEVABLE!!!!!

More bloody dross! How the hell do they think that this is the right man for the job?????  This club staggers from bad to worse.

[/quote]Epic.  Fail.[/quote]If the failure was epic then... what is its magnitude now? [:D]

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Scooby"]

UNF***INBELIEVABLE!!!!!

More bloody dross! How the hell do they think that this is the right man for the job?????  This club staggers from bad to worse.

[/quote]

Epic.  Fail.

[/quote]

If the failure was epic then... what is its magnitude now? [:D]
[/quote]

And holding hands up I never heared of him till the colchester game, and never made Comments, mighty glad I kept one gob shut

I had completely forgotten about Cam, was it Camuldon or something his name?

Is he still here? Worked for a paper didn''t he?

I was going to ask what happened to Cam?

Excellent thread, must say I never made comment, always happy to see how things go. How many are having custard/cream with their humble pie?

This thread is hilarious - not the right man for the job! How times change, now as soon as any club so much as looks at our manager all hell breaks lose; not that I can talk, I was one of those who was in turmoil over the Burnley saga! Must be love [:$]

[quote user="Webbo118"]I think Scooby must be CDMullins in disguise !![/quote]

Another example of just of stupid you are, contgratulations, again.

You must have a sad little exsistance or a frankly weird obsession to keep looking for post that are by me or suggestingn they may be by me.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Webbo118"]I think Scooby must be CDMullins in disguise !![/quote]

You must have a sad little exsistance or a frankly weird obsession to keep looking for post that are by me or suggestingn they may be by me.[/quote]Everyone knows you''re an over opinionated fool though Mullins.

Ah my 2 favourite posters in the same thread, how cute.

Can you really be ''over opinionated'' on a message board? I thought thats why they were here.

Come on guys, we have just been promoted to the Premiership, why all the fighting?

As Bly says: "One Love" [:)]

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Webbo118"]I think Scooby must be CDMullins in disguise !![/quote]

You must have a sad little exsistance or a frankly weird obsession to keep looking for post that are by me or suggestingn they may be by me.[/quote]rattled much?

My initial reaction at the time was that it was a reasonable appointment but nothing more. He had the credentials as a player (but as Keano as shown that is no guarantee of success), knew the lower leagues and not having Norwich connections brought a fresh perspective to the club. This was balanced out by the fact we had appointed a young, progressive manager in Peter Grant who was an utter failure. Lambert had also failed at Livingston and did well at Wycombe with the cup run but wasnt able to finish the job by getting them promoted to league 1. I don''t think anyone could have predicted just how good he would turn out to be. If you genuinely did, please please PM me with Saturday''s lottery numbers!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="paul moy"]

It looks to me that a good decision has been made. A Champions League winner and managed Livingstone and Wycombe with reasonable success.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lambert

[/quote]

It''s nice to be proved right, and I have only to wait a week or so before I pick up my 7/1 winnings. Onwards and Upwards !!! 

[/quote]

It seems that I was one of the very few that thought Lambert was a good choice. I also predicted and bet on the two promotions before the start of each season, bet on Holt as a top-scorer this season, so perhaps I may also be right about Cody.........    [:D]  

Well done Paul. Now please put your trumpet down!P.S. Shame it wasn''t an accumulator - wonder what odds you''d have got for betting on consecutive promotions at the start of our L1 season!?

[quote user="a1canary"]Well done Paul.

Now please put your trumpet down!

P.S. Shame it wasn''t an accumulator - wonder what odds you''d have got for betting on consecutive promotions at the start of our L1 season!?

[/quote]

Thanks for that.  Holt was 25/1 E/W and Norwich 16/1 for the Title and 5/1 for promotion, and I must admit I considered a double of Holt and Norwich bets.  Top 3 goalscorer will get me a 6/1 place times 25/1 for the Title and it''s a cool 150/1. Shame I didn''t do it.... LOL

Consecutive promotions would have been fantastic odds, maybe 250/1 is my guess.    

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="a1canary"]Well done Paul.

Now please put your trumpet down!

P.S. Shame it wasn''t an accumulator - wonder what odds you''d have got for betting on consecutive promotions at the start of our L1 season!?

[/quote]

Thanks for that.  Holt was 25/1 E/W and Norwich 16/1 for the Title and 5/1 for promotion, and I must admit I considered a double of Holt and Norwich bets.  Top 3 goalscorer will get me a 6/1 place times 25/1 for the Title and it''s a cool 150/1. Shame I didn''t do it.... LOL

Consecutive promotions would have been fantastic odds, maybe 250/1 is my guess.    

[/quote]

Ooops, got carried away there. That should be 6/1 times 16/1 for the title = 96/1 [:$]