Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

Lambert New City Manager

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh dear, wish I could say I was excited [:|][/quote]

What about dressed in a fireman''s outfit with oil rubbed in to his silky tanned body?

[/quote]

Nope but hubby in a police uniform now you''re talking lol [:D]

[quote user="percy varco"]

Old Pals Act.

"I was commercial director and he was the club captain........................."

Its just like Simon Bates'' Our Tune, that used to be on at 10.00 on the radio also.

[/quote]

LMFAO [:)]

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]Mr McNally''s got his man. Poor Delia & Michael know they''re out of their depth. They''ve put their trust in David McNally and he''s imposed his will to bring in a former colleague who, in managerial terms, has achieved nothing. I could see the logic in employing Messrs Worthington, Grant, Roeder & Gunn. I can''t see the logic in this one. It seems to me Mr McNally is on a major ego trip and I fear his appointment, and that of Paul Lambert, will prove to be dark days for Norwich City. Let''s hope that I, the normally eternal optimist, am proved horribly wrong.  [/quote]

Remind me Shrimper - what was the logic behind appointing Peter Grant?

Not sure what people were expecting, never in a million years were we going to get someone of the likes of Coppel. Given our situation, this is the best appointment we could hope for. He''s young, had a distinguished playing career at the top level and has made a good start in management. We have a decent team at Norwich but from what I''ve seen and read this season, hasn''t played to it''s potential. Don''t expect 7-1 wins but I think we''ll find our best 11 and a playing style sooner than had we stuck with Gunn/Butterworth. Will be interesting to see who remains and who joins from the back room staff, personally, I would like to see Butterworth gone and Crook remain.

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]Mr McNally''s got his man. Poor Delia & Michael know they''re out of their depth. They''ve put their trust in David McNally and he''s imposed his will to bring in a former colleague who, in managerial terms, has achieved nothing. I could see the logic in employing Messrs Worthington, Grant, Roeder & Gunn. I can''t see the logic in this one. It seems to me Mr McNally is on a major ego trip and I fear his appointment, and that of Paul Lambert, will prove to be dark days for Norwich City. Let''s hope that I, the normally eternal optimist, am proved horribly wrong.  [/quote]

[/quote]

Peter Grant was a well regarded coach/No. 2 at West Ham (apologies if I''ve not got his exact position correct), had been highly thought of at Bournemouth, and appeared to have all the promise to be a successful manager. He went through a proper selection process and was chosen above all other candidates. From what I heard of that selection process I believe I would have chosen him myself. On the other hand, as it appears to me, Paul Lambert, who already has an unconvincing managerial record, was chosen not through a rigorous selection process but was ''head-hunted'' by one man, with an apparently big ego, who managed to persuade others to follow him.  

im actually quite happy about this appointment, hes experienced at this level with management, can work on a budget, and is young, hope he brings culverhouse and holt with him wouldnt mind that back room staff, hopefully keep crook to, he seems to know the youth here,

however i ave one niggling problem at this signing.

i dont think he was our first choice, and sounds like he was appointed just because of the 7 - 1 win,

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[/quote]

Peter Grant was a well regarded coach/No. 2 at West Ham (apologies if I''ve not got his exact position correct), had been highly thought of at Bournemouth, and appeared to have all the promise to be a successful manager. He went through a proper selection process and was chosen above all other candidates. From what I heard of that selection process I believe I would have chosen him myself. On the other hand, as it appears to me, Paul Lambert, who already has an unconvincing managerial record, was chosen not through a rigorous selection process but was ''head-hunted'' by one man, with an apparently big ego, who managed to persuade others to follow him.  

[/quote]Come off it, Shrimper - Grant was appointed, not because of his managerial promise, but because he was a good Catholic boy who told Delia he bled yellow and green. The idea that simply because an interview process has been set up the best candidate will emerge is specious in the extreme. And, while we''re at it, if you think Grant ''appeared'' to have all the promise, then Lambert ''appears'' to be already demonstrating a return on that promise, with a win ratio of upwards of 40%.Nobody can say whether Lambert is the the right man for the job at this point, but all this effing whingeing from some of our so-called fans at every single decision the club makes is starting to make us look a pretty unappetising bunch from the outside. In fact, do you know what some of us sound like? Like Leeds fans, and insults don''t come much greater. Let''s get accustomed to the situation we find ourselves in and then get fully behind a new young manager with promise and determination in bucketloads and see if we can''t turn this pig''s ear into a purse. If it fails, we''re f***ed anyway...

[quote user="Hackney Canary"][quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come off it, Shrimper - Grant was appointed, not because of his managerial promise, but because he was a good Catholic boy who told Delia he bled yellow and green. The idea that simply because an interview process has been set up the best candidate will emerge is specious in the extreme. And, while we''re at it, if you think Grant ''appeared'' to have all the promise, then Lambert ''appears'' to be already demonstrating a return on that promise, with a win ratio of upwards of 40%.

Nobody can say whether Lambert is the the right man for the job at this point, but all this effing whingeing from some of our so-called fans at every single decision the club makes is starting to make us look a pretty unappetising bunch from the outside. In fact, do you know what some of us sound like? Like Leeds fans, and insults don''t come much greater. Let''s get accustomed to the situation we find ourselves in and then get fully behind a new young manager with promise and determination in bucketloads and see if we can''t turn this pig''s ear into a purse. If it fails, we''re f***ed anyway...
[/quote]

I''ve had my grumble. I''ll be at Griffin Park tonight cheering the boys on. Come on you yellows! And good luck Paul Lambert!

Totally agree Scooby, just a mediocre manager whose best achievement is a semi final, otherwise mid table obsucrity in the lower leagues.

But as ever we will get behind him and the team and our hopes will be revitalised.

Willing to give the guy a chance, quite like the appointment personally, he did pretty well in his previous two jobs without amazing resources.Glad that it is over and we can just concentrate on the football side now. All Norwich fans should get behind him.

To be fair, given the 3 previous managerial appointments you can unnderstand why some had their doubts.Amazing how things can change in 8 months though

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]To be fair, given the 3 previous managerial appointments you can unnderstand why some had their doubts.

Amazing how things can change in 8 months though
[/quote]

we seem to be a club who give new managers a chance, and sometimes this works, and other times it doesn''t.

I can understand why some had their doubts, however this thread is still very entertaining!Think this one''s my favourite, although am glad the poster actually wanted to be proved wrong! [:)][quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]Mr McNally''s got his man. Poor Delia & Michael know they''re out of their depth. They''ve put their trust in David McNally and he''s imposed his will to bring in a former colleague who, in managerial terms, has achieved nothing. I could see the logic in employing Messrs Worthington, Grant, Roeder & Gunn. I can''t see the logic in this one. It seems to me Mr McNally is on a major ego trip and I fear his appointment, and that of Paul Lambert, will prove to be dark days for Norwich City. Let''s hope that I, the normally eternal optimist, am proved horribly wrong.  [/quote]

[quote user="Scooby"]

UNF***INBELIEVABLE!!!!!

More bloody dross! How the hell do they think that this is the right man for the job?????  This club staggers from bad to worse.

[/quote]Epic.  Fail.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]Mr McNally''s got his man. Poor Delia & Michael know they''re out of their depth. They''ve put their trust in David McNally and he''s imposed his will to bring in a former colleague who, in managerial terms, has achieved nothing. I could see the logic in employing Messrs Worthington, Grant, Roeder & Gunn. I can''t see the logic in this one. It seems to me Mr McNally is on a major ego trip and I fear his appointment, and that of Paul Lambert, will prove to be dark days for Norwich City. Let''s hope that I, the normally eternal optimist, am proved horribly wrong.  [/quote]F**king amazingly massive epic fail.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]Mr McNally''s got his man. Poor Delia & Michael know they''re out of their depth. They''ve put their trust in David McNally and he''s imposed his will to bring in a former colleague who, in managerial terms, has achieved nothing. I could see the logic in employing Messrs Worthington, Grant, Roeder & Gunn. I can''t see the logic in this one. It seems to me Mr McNally is on a major ego trip and I fear his appointment, and that of Paul Lambert, will prove to be dark days for Norwich City. Let''s hope that I, the normally eternal optimist, am proved horribly wrong.  [/quote]

F**king amazingly massive epic fail.

[/quote]

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

LOL

Hind sight eh?? Makes me laugh. I''ll regret saying that, with hind sight.

Chuffed to buggery!!! 

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Great stuff Chops![/quote]

You need to change your avatar Captain[Y]

[quote user="paul moy"]

It looks to me that a good decision has been made. A Champions League winner and managed Livingstone and Wycombe with reasonable success.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lambert

[/quote]

It''s nice to be proved right, and I have only to wait a week or so before I pick up my 7/1 winnings. Onwards and Upwards !!!