Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Where were you when you gunny got the boot thread

I had a rope and a heavy stone attached to me, as I stand on the bridge by the river.Then someone told me Gunn had been sacked

Lying on the couch watching TV when my mate phoned to tell me, "I hear your manager''s been sacked". At first I thought he meant George Burley... alas no!

At the supermarket!....some bloke saw my boys norwich shirt, started talking about Gunn,i went into one about how bad he was...thought he was taking the p1ss when he told me, had to ask 5 times!

Driving home from work when i had the urge to change radio stations and the announcement came on...................i was shocked.

At work in a meeting, when I got a text from my Dad with the good/bad (delete as appropriate) news

On my xbox, playing cod4 with my brother, when he suddenly tells me that Gunn has been sacked (about 10 mins after it was on canaries website) I didnt believe him, so i went into his room where i was in shock, purely because of the timing when we talked about how odd it seemed at the time whilst playing Team Tactical, Team Deathmatch on Strike. For those who know what im talking about :P

COYY

At work. Don''t know when he actually got sacked, but got out at 8.10, turned my phone on and a load of texts came through [:D]

I was having a nice day until I heard about this. I know it''s probably a good thing in the long run as Gunny the legend didn''t have much experience -- however, I''d gotten used to the fact he was our manager despite this, and thought the board were ok with this, and so I was totally backing him. But then, for some strange reason, they allow him to build a squad, who all now have an affinity with him, and then the board decide to sack him. I''m actually a little bit worried that our board are just really thick! I seriously hope all will be ok!

[quote user="YellowNetsAreBetter"]I was having a nice day until I heard about this. I know it''s probably a good thing in the long run as Gunny the legend didn''t have much experience -- however, I''d gotten used to the fact he was our manager despite this, and thought the board were ok with this, and so I was totally backing him. But then, for some strange reason, they allow him to build a squad, who all now have an affinity with him, and then the board decide to sack him. I''m actually a little bit worried that our board are just really thick! I seriously hope all will be ok![/quote]

For god sake. It''s obvious. McNally and co. were not part of NCFC when Gunn was given the job at the end of last season. They were not the ones that gave him the chance to sign a whole new squad of players - Delia, MWJ and the ex-board members were.
Now that the new board members are in they clearly see Gunn is useless - and therefore have got rid of him.

Stop moaning. It''s an excellent bit of news. Well done McNally!

I was feeling knackered but satisfied (no it''s not what you think [;)] I''d spent the morning turning out junk and taking it down to the recycling centre - I''m moving house soon) and was half listening to Radio 5 while digesting a late lunch when I heard the news - couldn''t believe what I was hearing so came on here to check.