Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

should we get rid of theo

questions should we get rid of theo,

yes or no,

and please remember gunn did conced 7 goals himself and we went on to have our most successful season in the top flight that season with gunn between the sticks,

should we of got rid of gunn back then or was right to stick by him and if it was rght to stick by him why is it not right to stick by theo

YesWe got rid of Paul Gallagher after the smambles game when he let in 2 free kicks, incidentally very similar to the free kick Theo let in.The guys not big or good enough, sometimes transfers just dont work out.

No. We''ve signed him, he needs a chance to redeem himself. Be that in the reserves or if Gunn puts him back in the mix. He''s lost a lot of confidence and a lot of the fans have zero confidence in him. You can''t judge a player on pre season and a debut. I think he should have until January to try and force himself back into Gunn''s plans. If he can, then brilliant, if he can''t by January then I think we may need to ship him out.

I can see us trying to extend Alnwick''s loan period to January anyway.

He''s a good keeper, 26 clean sheets out of 61 games in the last three years and a great penalty stopper. He just needs a few reserve games to adjust and a decent defence in front of him.

We cannot get rid of him after one game - that way madness lies! Lots of keepers have bad games (David James!) but still have great seasons.

He needs another chance to see whether this was just a blip or whether he is rubbish.

It is pretty unfair to condemn completely him on that one performance I think. Yes, he had a very poor game but he was unfortunate enough to be stood behind what I think is the worst defensive performance I have ever seen by a so-called professional football team.

we should keep him,Alwick shows why he was picked on tuesday but we only have him for three months during that time he can get some reserve games and get some confidence and when we dont have Alwick then he can show what a better keeper he is

Lets just hope the crowd give him another chance, otherwise they could effectively end his Norwich career which would be a shame.

[quote user="rjwc22"]We cannot get rid of him after one game - that way madness lies! Lots of keepers have bad games (David James!) but still have great seasons. He needs another chance to see whether this was just a blip or whether he is rubbish.[/quote]

I can''t help but remember David Beasant''s horror show when we played Chelsea. He had a successfull career before and after that game.

I don''t see how we can completely disregard the guy based on that performance, despite the fact that it was tremendously horrible. It''s always tough to judge what the real problem is and I wouldn''t pretend to know but I would be amazed if he is genuinely a disgraceful goalkeeper. If anything I think he was mentally ill-prepared due to the fanfare, hype, whatever you want to call it - and that pass-back from Semi (conscious) brought him and the rest of the team down to earth with a bang. Cue panic stations, serious flapping and 6 more goals. And no, before it all starts, I don''t think there''s an excuse for letting in 7 goals at home, but I don''t think there''s an excuse for writing off someone''s career with us based on what was a horrible team display either. If he''s crap, he''s crap... but it won''t be because of Saturday. If that was the case a lot of folk can be written off, and not just players. Stick him in the reserves, let him adjust and get his confidence back then let''s see what he''s made of. Hopefully a few more ingredients than were on show on Saturday...

The problem with goal keepers on loan is that they often have a recall clause which means that they can be whisked back to their home club at very short notice. This happened to Alnwick last season i believe. We need to help Theo build up his confidence again in the reserve games, (thank god Gunn/Chippy got us back into that league). He has a good record back in Oz, and though that''s no guarantee he''ll make the grade, he needs the chance to prove himself. He''s made a helluva commitment coming here; we need to keep to our side of the bargain for a while yet.

I think it would be rather unfair to get rid of him on the strength of one performance (albeit a bad one!!!), sure, he had a shocker but he was not helped out by his defence - the way the first couple of goals were conceeded would do little to help confidence in himself or his back four and from there on it quickly ebbed away. I would agree that the best course of action for both parties would be to give him some time in the reserves whilst making full use of Alnwick (hopefully extending the loan deal).

definitely not...although i think we should extend Alnwicks loan he looks like a great prospect

Eveyone can have an off day (and by God did he have an off day), but it would be wrong to write him off so quickly and without a second chance as he was not helped out by some woeful performances in front of him.  I seem to remember a certain Steve Bruce scored an own goal within about 5 minutes of his debut and yet he didn''t turn out too bad in the end.