Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Lee signing tomorrow

I posted the original ''Lee to sign''. I heard from a similar source. He actually agreed terms Friday before last - subject to the clubs agreeing a fee. Problem is Palace want twice the £350K we offerred - and that''s clearly unreasonable.

[quote user="james norwich"]I posted the original ''Lee to sign''. I heard from a similar source. He actually agreed terms Friday before last - subject to the clubs agreeing a fee. Problem is Palace want twice the £350K we offerred - and that''s clearly unreasonable.[/quote]

Thought he was on a tour of the USA with Palace this week??

You''d pay 250-350K!   He would restrict the opportunity of one of the other forwards (Martin, McDonald) who might just have some actual football talent and be worth something at the end of the season.  

All that paying for this guy will do is get us someone who gets sent off before getting dropped when Gunn finally realises he''s not really a footballer!  

[quote user="Big Bob"]More bullshit from Sal
[/quote]

In fairness to Sal, he doesn''t normally post ridiculous rumours so I''d be inclined to think that this deal may have not have come to fruition because of the breakdown of the Clinkers deal. Not dead yet then.

i do trust your judgement i still think lee will sign for norwch.

i think its a case of waiting for cleared funds from the sale of a couple of players who did not go to scotland .

i will be very surprised if lee does not sign for norwich ..

[quote user="james norwich"]I posted the original ''Lee to sign''. I heard from a similar source. He actually agreed terms Friday before last - subject to the clubs agreeing a fee. Problem is Palace want twice the £350K we offerred - and that''s clearly unreasonable.[/quote]

Utter bollax! He has not agreed terms with anyone.  He is in America with Palarse having flown out last Saturday and not due back until  next weekend.  He does not have an agent - he is direct deal in Constable Country.

Had he "agreed terms" he would not be in America just as Klingon and Dopey were not a) at Fakenham b) at Dartford or c) in Scotland.

Palarse want you meet to meet the £400k outstanding to Ipswich which you won''t do currently.  Like you, they don''t have any money either.  In the meantime, Lee is in America.

Lee is indeed in America, in fact he scored last night so at least Palace are keeping him match fit for us [:P]

Seriously though I have already held my hands up over this one and said I was wrong, someone I thought was trustworthy got it very very wrong.

Im afraid a lot of you people are deluded. I think its fair to say ive seen lee play a lot more than any of you and you really should be hoping you dont sign him. yes you are in a lower league and that should help his performances, but NO WAY would he score the ratio of goals you seem to think he would, in fact from open play his goalscoring is pretty poor, he wasnt playing in a bad side here either (no doubt you will disagree) !!! His work rate when things are not going well is pretty much non existent too, and he spends half of every game sitting on his arse moaning at the ref. all in all it would be a lucky escape IMO if you didnt sign him up. Go get him Gunny !

As previously stated I don''t actually want him! Would much rather see Dickinson who is younger, hungrier and more of a long term asset.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Utter bollax! He has not agreed terms with anyone.  He is in America with Palarse having flown out last Saturday and not due back until  next weekend.  He does not have an agent - he is direct deal in Constable Country.

Had he "agreed terms" he would not be in America just as Klingon and Dopey were not a) at Fakenham b) at Dartford or c) in Scotland.

Palarse want you meet to meet the £400k outstanding to Ipswich which you won''t do currently.  Like you, they don''t have any money either.  In the meantime, Lee is in America.

[/quote]

yeah there is absolutely no chance that they want double £350k, they said they wanted to recoup most of what they paid/owed and that was £600k

[quote user="bluemike"]Im afraid a lot of you people are deluded. I think its fair to say ive seen lee play a lot more than any of you and you really should be hoping you dont sign him. yes you are in a lower league and that should help his performances, but NO WAY would he score the ratio of goals you seem to think he would, in fact from open play his goalscoring is pretty poor, he wasnt playing in a bad side here either (no doubt you will disagree) !!! His work rate when things are not going well is pretty much non existent too, and he spends half of every game sitting on his arse moaning at the ref. all in all it would be a lucky escape IMO if you didnt sign him up. Go get him Gunny ![/quote]I agree with scummy Mike,apart from the last sentence.Oh and it''s nice to see the scotch filled hack back.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="kennyfoggo"] Palace confirmed he left with their party going to the states, if you were about to sign for someomne else I doubt you would be travelling with your old club...[/quote]

Where did you see that please?

[/quote]Sorry Angel for late reply,   My cousin works for  Croydon Guardian newspaper, he mailed me to say Lee had gone with the Party to the States, he thought any deal would have to wait until they got back at the weekend.In fact he scored in their first matchPalace UK had a great start when after only 12 minutes Sears crossed to Alan Lee who finished well to make it 1-0.[url]http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=4413[/url]

I don''t quite see why everyone wants him so badly. I dont think hes got any edge to put us above other teams. I would take him for free but wouldnt pay a fee especially not 350K

Hold on... people want him here as our main goal scorer???

Thats now why i want him at all, i want him him for someone like McDonald to play off and McDonald scoring the 20+ goals to fire us to promotion ;)

Lee IMO at this level would chip in with 10+ goals but his stength and ariel threat would be ideal foil to the speed of Cody.

[quote user="Lambo"]Hold on... people want him here as our main goal scorer??? Thats now why i want him at all, i want him him for someone like McDonald to play off and McDonald scoring the 20+ goals to fire us to promotion ;) Lee IMO at this level would chip in with 10+ goals but his stength and ariel threat would be ideal foil to the speed of Cody.[/quote]

I''m not sure Cody is the answer to our goal scoring needs. I''d rather see Cureton and Martin given a decent chance each with Cody as an impact player to come on at half time or with 30 minutes left.

I think we will see a completely different Chris Martin this year, I speak to him (albeit not that often) and he has said on numerous occasions that his spell away was the best thing for him at the time, hes more settled in his personal life now and he is really up for this season.

It''s a shame he didn''t he is the kind of player we need, if he plays with Macdonald, Martin or even Cureton, he can create chances and space for him self and his strike partner.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]I don''t quite see why everyone wants him so badly. I dont think hes got any edge to put us above other teams. I would take him for free but wouldnt pay a fee especially not 350K[/quote]I''m starting to agree with this. He''s very ordinary, he didn''t exactly set the place on fire when he came on. Did he do much in the games he was on? Not really, plus his goals to games ratio isn''t really a plus either. We do need a target man, and Lee was willing to come here, I think they''re pretty much the main two factors, rather than ability.

[quote user="eagle"]

[quote user="Lambo"]Hold on... people want him here as our main goal scorer??? Thats now why i want him at all, i want him him for someone like McDonald to play off and McDonald scoring the 20+ goals to fire us to promotion ;) Lee IMO at this level would chip in with 10+ goals but his stength and ariel threat would be ideal foil to the speed of Cody.[/quote]

I''m not sure Cody is the answer to our goal scoring needs. I''d rather see Cureton and Martin given a decent chance each with Cody as an impact player to come on at half time or with 30 minutes left.

I think we will see a completely different Chris Martin this year, I speak to him (albeit not that often) and he has said on numerous occasions that his spell away was the best thing for him at the time, hes more settled in his personal life now and he is really up for this season.

[/quote]

I forgot about Chris to be fair, either of him or Cody would be fine with me.