Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Lee signing tomorrow

i think we should play 3.4.3 next season,

get cody mac and martin chasing lees flick ons and knock downs, looks good to me.

3 centre defenders as are fullbacks are pants, nelson, doc, dejan and spillane as back up!!

who knows about midfeilders could have so many different combo''s

Oh dear is that really the best we can do , a lazy old ex scummer who wants somewhere close to home to put his feet up , hope this rumour is wrong but with our manager you just know hes going to make the  massive mistake .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Oh dear is that really the best we can do , a lazy old ex scummer who wants somewhere close to home to put his feet up , hope this rumour is wrong but with our manager you just know hes going to make the  massive mistake .
[/quote]

Just change you name to "Moan City FC" and be done with it........

[quote user="city till i die"]i think we should play 3.4.3 next season, get cody mac and martin chasing lees flick ons and knock downs, looks good to me. 3 centre defenders as are fullbacks are pants, nelson, doc, dejan and spillane as back up!! who knows about midfeilders could have so many different combo''s[/quote]

Actually as Gill and OTJ are listed as somewhat defensive midfield players maybe playing Martin on the right might not be a bad option.

I think this week will see a number of new signings.

If we do sign Lee I don''t think it ends our quest for strikers, we could still go back for Dickinson or maybe one of the guys we have on trial.

I still think we need at least two "big man" striking options, especially with a 7 man bench.

If both Clingan and Russell go as expected I think we will make a bigger effort to try and land Stephen Hughes.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Oh dear is that really the best we can do , a lazy old ex scummer who wants somewhere close to home to put his feet up , hope this rumour is wrong but with our manager you just know hes going to make the  massive mistake .[/quote]

Just change you name to "Moan City FC" and be done with it........

[/quote]One MP''s pension pot is worth TEN times the private sector average (and guess who''s paying for them).Likewise one willing player is worth TEN times  a player  coerced or persuaded to play (and guess who''s paying for them)

Might have been the case before Clingan''s agent spooked the Coventry deal by suddenly popping up and asking for a fist full of money. There''s no money available unless we sell and even then only a small fraction will be going out of the club. All available cash is desperately needed to keep the banks at bay. Rebate money, Foulger money, Marshall money? Forget it.

TOMORROWS BEST ELEVEN: THEOKILITOS, SPILLANE, DOHERTY, NELSON, DRURY, WHALEY, TUDOR-JONES, GILL, HOOLAHAN, LEE, MARTIN. hint, hint hint....

Whaley as well? Colneyspy isn''t usually wrong.

To be honest i would welcome the signing of Lee. Just not on anything more than a two year contract. Having seen Powell on friday night i really think we should consider offering him one. Its always a risk signing triallists, especially when they are so young. I know that Fakenham were hardly a stern test ... but he did look quality and well worth the risk in my opinion.

I have also heard that stern john is signing, don''t think we have a chance with lee!

I really don''t understand some people on here. We are in league 1, Alan Lee is a decent championship striker and he''s one that wants to play for us, gets stuck in and causes defenders all sorts of problems. He is exactly what we need to partner Cody/Martin/Curo. Most fans would say he was our best player for the last 7 or 8 games last season and yet now we are about to sign him its all "lazy ex scummer" blah blah blah.

Dickinson is a f*8king donkey. Ok he may have a reasonable scoring record but he is slow and cumbersome and Lee is a much more complete player. Just ask Leeds fans what they thought of Dickinson when he was on loan last season!

If it is true and he signs will be a very good signing for a league 1 club. If we get Whaley or Parry in to play on the right wing as well then i think thats decent business as both have always looked decent players to me.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I really don''t understand some people on here. We are in league 1, Alan Lee is a decent championship striker and he''s one that wants to play for us, gets stuck in and causes defenders all sorts of problems. He is exactly what we need to partner Cody/Martin/Curo. Most fans would say he was our best player for the last 7 or 8 games last season and yet now we are about to sign him its all "lazy ex scummer" blah blah blah.

Dickinson is a f*8king donkey. Ok he may have a reasonable scoring record but he is slow and cumbersome and Lee is a much more complete player. Just ask Leeds fans what they thought of Dickinson when he was on loan last season!

If it is true and he signs will be a very good signing for a league 1 club. If we get Whaley or Parry in to play on the right wing as well then i think thats decent business as both have always looked decent players to me.

[/quote]

thats just like asking place fans what they think of lee????

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

thats just like asking place fans what they think of lee????

[/quote]

I''m sorry if people are genuinely trying to say that lee was lazy or didn''t care when he played for us then they weren''t at the same games i was at the end of last season. they certainly weren''t at Charlton, Swansea and Brum away!

and your saying Dickinson is a donkey, how much have you seen of him? the point is Dickinson will get a fee if he moves on again from us in his career, this will be lee''s last stop!!!!

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]and your saying Dickinson is a donkey, how much have you seen of him? the point is Dickinson will get a fee if he moves on again from us in his career, this will be lee''s last stop!!!![/quote]

I don''t really care if we will get a fee. I care about who will do the best job for us next season. I''m not discounting Dickinson as an option But Derby want £500K for him and personally i would prefer Lee.

If we get Lee then i think striker wise we may take a punt on that spurs trialist who scored a couple for us the other day and would presumably be free and have cheap wages!

i would like to see you as manager, you want a player after one game against FAKENHAM!!!! if ur willing to go with him after that one game good luck to you!

The Only Way We Will Be Signing Lee Is If We Have Sold Clingan So We Can Use That Money. I Hope Hoolahan Isn''t Off In A Swap With Lee Either......

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]i would like to see you as manager, you want a player after one game against FAKENHAM!!!! if ur willing to go with him after that one game good luck to you![/quote]

I didn''t say I would sign him. I''ve not seen him play. I said that i think (and its just my opinion) that if we sign one of either Lee or Dickinson we won''t sign the other but may take a punt on a free signing - possibly this trialist guy.

I just don''t understand why everyone is slating Lee all of a sudden when at the end of last season he was the best thing since sliced bread. if you ask me its symptomatic of this attitude many of us seem to have now where we just slag off anything and everything to do with the club. believe me i am not one to hold back when it comes to having a moan or giving our players a bit of stick when they don''t perform but i really worry abou the attitude many of us seem to have now and can only see it as being counter productive if we take it into the first game of the season.

[quote user="yoda"]why would anyone get excited at this ? lee is a carthorse and a whinging one at that .[/quote]

i take it you didnt attend any games last season then.. he scored goals and improved our attack..

jas :)

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]i would like to see you as manager, you want a player after one game against FAKENHAM!!!! if ur willing to go with him after that one game good luck to you![/quote]I think Powell is worth a look. Which is presumably why we have him on trial [;)]. Not sure if he was included in the party to Scotland but i would hope so as he could be tested against sterner opposition than Fakenham. He has pace, power and height ... we would be mad NOT to have a look at him.

I also think Lee is what is needed now but would like to see the trialist Powell signed as well if he does well in Scotland. With the youth players from the Academy, the 3 trialists from Spurs and the Aussie Joarder would give a youth player at every position providing a third level back-up and at last some potential for the future. If major investment isn''t coming in, then developing young players is the way forward IMO. They can''t cost that much but could make a vital difference in the future.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="yoda"]why would anyone get excited at this ? lee is a carthorse and a whinging one at that .[/quote]

i take it you didnt attend any games last season then.. he scored goals and improved our attack..

[/quote] Scored goals , wow all 2 of them , and wait till he gets his contract and can concentrate on his drinking and smoking full time , and our attack looked far better against Cardiff than it ever did again after Lee joined.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] Scored goals , wow all 2 of them , and wait till he gets his contract and can concentrate on his drinking and smoking full time , and our attack looked far better against Cardiff than it ever did again after Lee joined. [/quote]He was a positive influence. And that''s something we were desperately short of.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Scored goals , wow all 2 of them[/quote]Worth pointing out I think... that''s two more goals than Liam Dickinson scored in a similar period last season in the league below in a fairly successful team.

However, while we''re in the business of pointing things out, he did score four in nine games (five starts and four sub appearances) for Blackpool in the Championship. Also netted sic in 13 at Huddersfield. Clearly had a dodgy time at Leeds though.

I have to say he showed more passion and determination in the few games he played than Russell did all season, i think most fans liked his attitude and in league 1 his no BS style will be a big help,700k does seem a bit much though,if we can get a good deal and not lose Hoolahan then i''d be happy to have him at the club!!