Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Witch hunt

It''s now just over 2 hours since appointing a chairman of the board and what support have we seen from this message board?  

Someone searching for and posting an article from a disgruntled ex-employee – He had to make tough decisions, people won’t like them, but it’s the job he was paid to do, sort out the business.  You don’t turn round businesses by being nice and making sure everyone is happy.  Haven’t people on here been complaining that the board have been too soft?

Someone posting that there are 2 photos of him, on Google, holding a Wolves scarf – the poster was obviously looking the pictures on Google as he was probably not up to reading the words “Steve Morgan” (which happened to be the real name of the person in the photo).  The way that some people have been setting things up then complaining, I’m sure we’ll get someone complaining about Alan impersonating Steve soon.

Some people have complained that he doesn’t have enough money – Check your information.  The role of the chairman / director is not to plough money in to the club.  It is to make decisions in the running of the club, but I guess that it too much for some people to understand.  The only people who plough money into the club for no return are usually the owners, and as no one has made an offer for the club yet nothing will happen on the front.  

There has also been a post claiming that he was responsible for s(rewing over Anglian Home Improvement employees, but at least they later realised that their post was a load of rubbish.

My point, not just that there are some real idiots on this message board, but that someone has been employed to do a job, and looks as if he has good business experience yet some people are already sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches. 

what ever you put on here straight away you get knocked down. i hardly bother anymore for that reason. i actually know stephan very well and although he may not be a multi-millionaire his business acumen is second to none and should be able to help the board move forward.

[quote user="dhickl"]

It''s now just over 2 hours since appointing a chairman of the board and what support have we seen from this message board?  

Someone searching for and posting an article from a disgruntled ex-employee – He had to make tough decisions, people won’t like them, but it’s the job he was paid to do, sort out the business.  You don’t turn round businesses by being nice and making sure everyone is happy.  Haven’t people on here been complaining that the board have been too soft?

Someone posting that there are 2 photos of him, on Google, holding a Wolves scarf – the poster was obviously looking the pictures on Google as he was probably not up to reading the words “Steve Morgan” (which happened to be the real name of the person in the photo).  The way that some people have been setting things up then complaining, I’m sure we’ll get someone complaining about Alan impersonating Steve soon.

Some people have complained that he doesn’t have enough money – Check your information.  The role of the chairman / director is not to plough money in to the club.  It is to make decisions in the running of the club, but I guess that it too much for some people to understand.  The only people who plough money into the club for no return are usually the owners, and as no one has made an offer for the club yet nothing will happen on the front.  

There has also been a post claiming that he was responsible for s(rewing over Anglian Home Improvement employees, but at least they later realised that their post was a load of rubbish.

My point, not just that there are some real idiots on this message board, but that someone has been employed to do a job, and looks as if he has good business experience yet some people are already sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches. 

[/quote]You missed the one that said, ''One looks like 1970s man and the other an old fart''.[;)]

[quote user="glove1"]what ever you put on here straight away you get knocked down. i hardly bother anymore for that reason. i actually know stephan very well and although he may not be a multi-millionaire his business acumen is second to none and should be able to help the board move forward.[/quote]

Exactly, although I don''t know Stephen Phillips personally we really do need strong business people on the board who are capable of making the correct decisions even if those decisions are tough ones to make.

[quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

At last someone explains the role of of the chairman in plain English that people should understand!!

Although as per usual all those slagging off the appointments appear to ignore this FACT!!!

[quote user="glove1"]what ever you put on here straight away you get knocked down. i hardly bother anymore for that reason. i actually know stephan very well and although he may not be a multi-millionaire his business acumen is second to none and should be able to help the board move forward.[/quote]

There was me thinking that this post was about Alan Bowkett.

They all seem to have a lot of business know how and hopefully they will push the club forward.

Yeah... as you''ve inanely and name-droppingly told us before.....Stick a feather in your cap and shove your opinion up your arse.

Some of us have a mind of our own and simply don''t buy what we see.... even if again the sycophants naively queue to luvvie up to anyone who walks through the Carrow Road doorway.

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Smudger"]

hahaha you certainly are a Class 1 dhick!!!

How many clubs have chairmen who are not the major investors?  Even the few who don''t usually have chairmen who have made more minor investment.

Why do you feel that NCFC has chairmen who have invested nothing in to the club kitty??? [:$]

[/quote]I never said he hasn''t invested.  He definitely has, as he was an ''associate director'', which was a made up title given to those who invested £25,000.  What I said is that it is not the role of the chairman / directors to invest.  You can be a director / chairman without investing.  In fact a lot of the directors in industry take part their salary as equity in the club.[/quote]

Hope we don''t spend it all at once... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Smudger"]

How many clubs have chairmen who are not the major investors?  Even the few who don''t usually have chairmen who have made more minor investment.

Why do you feel that NCFC has chairmen who have invested nothing in to the club kitty??? [:$]

[/quote]I never said he hasn''t invested.  He definitely has, as he was an ''associate director'', which was a made up title given to those who invested £25,000.  What I said is that it is not the role of the chairman / directors to invest.  You can be a director / chairman without investing.  In fact a lot of the directors in industry take part their salary as equity in the club.[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course his finger is right on the pulse from where he sits Smudger......

A Yank and a sycophant....What a joyful combination.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]He may have invested more.  We don''t know.  I was just making that point to show that you didn''t even read my post fully before you criticised it (wrongly).

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]He may have invested more.  We don''t know.  I was just making that point to show that you didn''t even read my post fully before you criticised it (wrongly).[/quote]

Has he invested more though?  Apparently not from the comments he has made.

We don''t need to know how much but I expect us to bring Rickie Lamber in during the next week to show JUST HOW AMBITIOUS our pathetic new board of directors are.

If not then as I see it nothing has changed.

So your mark of ambition is to sign one player who is likely out of our price range and league standing and probably wouldn''t come here anyway?  Excellent, well I guess we all know where this is headed..........

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]So your mark of ambition is to sign one player who is likely out of our price range and league standing and probably wouldn''t come here anyway?  Excellent, well I guess we all know where this is headed..........
[/quote]

My idea of ambition is us being able to afford such players.

If we bring new board members in then they should be putting money in the kitty towards the purchasing of players in the Lambert mould that can help us to promotion and beyond.

Your idea of ambition is mid-table obscurity in the 3rd tier and being outbid for players by the mighty Huddersfield Town.

[quote user="Smudger"]I expect us to bring Rickie Lamber in during the next week[/quote]What''s this obsession with Rickie Lambert smudger? I know he scored a lot of goals LAST SEASON but that''s no guarantee that he will this season. If I remember correctly, Jamie lad scored a load the year before he joined us, but he only got TWO last season. And what''s wrong with Liam Dickinson?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]So your mark of ambition is to sign one player who is likely out of our price range and league standing and probably wouldn''t come here anyway?  Excellent, well I guess we all know where this is headed..........[/quote]

If we bring new board members in then they should be putting money in the kitty towards the purchasing of players in the Lambert mould that can help us to promotion and beyond.

Your idea of ambition is mid-table obscurity in the 3rd tier and being outbid for players by the mighty Huddersfield Town.

[/quote]Yeah that''s right, well done...Might I trouble you to read this, though:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5278535,00.htmlSince you''re not the brightest, I''ve pasted the content below for easy reading.  If you want I can put it in really big letters..........

Bristol Rovers striker Rickie Lambert has admitted he wants to leave Bristol Rovers.

The 29-goal striker wants to make the step up to the Championship and a number of sides are understood to be keen.

Although Lambert remains under contract at The Memorial Stadium, he is hoping he will be on the move this summer.

"Obviously

I want to play in the Championship if the right offer comes along - I

think everyone would accept it''s the right decision for me," he told

the Bristol Evening Post.

"There are a lot of good clubs in League One so I wouldn''t rule it out, but I want to play in the Championship.

"But until something happens I''m a Bristol Rovers player and I''ll just carry on doing my best."

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]I expect us to bring Rickie Lamber in during the next week[/quote]What''s this obsession with Rickie Lambert smudger? I know he scored a lot of goals LAST SEASON but that''s no guarantee that he will this season. If I remember correctly, Jamie lad scored a load the year before he joined us, but he only got TWO last season. And what''s wrong with Liam Dickinson?[/quote]

Have you seen him play Lapp?

He has everything we need and we should of signed him last season.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]So your mark of ambition is to sign one player who is likely out of our price range and league standing and probably wouldn''t come here anyway?  Excellent, well I guess we all know where this is headed..........
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah that''s right, well done...

Might I trouble you to read this, though:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5278535,00.html

Since you''re not the brightest, I''ve pasted the content below for easy reading.  If you want I can put it in really big letters..........

Bristol Rovers striker Rickie Lambert has admitted he wants to leave Bristol Rovers.

The 29-goal striker wants to make the step up to the Championship and a number of sides are understood to be keen.

Although Lambert remains under contract at The Memorial Stadium, he is hoping he will be on the move this summer.

"Obviously I want to play in the Championship if the right offer comes along - I think everyone would accept it''s the right decision for me," he told the Bristol Evening Post.

"There are a lot of good clubs in League One so I wouldn''t rule it out, but I want to play in the Championship.

"But until something happens I''m a Bristol Rovers player and I''ll just carry on doing my best."

[/quote]

You really are a bit of a nerd aren''t you?

Have any Championship clubs shown an interest yet?

I also believe Lambert said something about being prepared to move to a club who looked like they were showing ambition and building for promotion from League 1.

I guess that kind of rules us out more than what you put above though doesn''t it???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]I wouldn''t know, Smudge, I''m not the one with the Rickie Lambert poster on my wall covered in lipstick marks...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]
I wouldn''t know, Smudge, I''m not the one with the Rickie Lambert poster on my wall covered in lipstick marks...
[/quote]Great to see that when you try and make an intelligent comment, the follow ups deteriorate to this level.  Take a look at Pete''s post http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1743777/ShowPost.aspx 

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]I wouldn''t know, Smudge, I''m not the one with the Rickie Lambert poster on my wall covered in lipstick marks...[/quote]Great to see that when you try and make an intelligent comment, the follow ups deteriorate to this level.  Take a look at Pete''s post http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1743777/ShowPost.aspx [/quote]I would hardly call what I wrote ''insulting'', especially not when compared to some of the bile that''s been spouted in the last 24 hours (discussing the collection of Delia''s limbs comes to mind)... childish, yes, but that''s how to play Smudger''s game.  He doesn''t respond to reasonable debate, so why bother?What I would have said, had it been a proper debate, was that Lambert is likely off to a Championship club on better wages than we, as a League 1 club, can offer.  Smudger has now set his signing for us as the only benchmark for ambition from our new board members.  Why?  Because he knows it won''t happen, and he can then happily spend the next year telling us how bad our board are for not signing Rickie Lambert.  Its pointless and shows him up for the ignoramus he is, not that most of us needed reminding.

[quote user="Smudger"]

I also believe Lambert said something about being prepared to move to a club who looked like they were showing ambition and building for promotion from League 1.

I guess that kind of rules us out more than what you put above though doesn''t it???

[/quote]I thought trying to sign Lambert WAS showing ambition. So if we went for him it would mean he was prepared to come here.Or is it that you are confused between being ambitious and being rich.  May I suggest a Dictionary?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]
I wouldn''t know, Smudge, I''m not the one with the Rickie Lambert poster on my wall covered in lipstick marks...
[/quote]Great to see that when you try and make an intelligent comment, the follow ups deteriorate to this level.  Take a look at Pete''s post http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1743777/ShowPost.aspx [/quote]
I would hardly call what I wrote ''insulting'', especially not when compared to some of the bile that''s been spouted in the last 24 hours (discussing the collection of Delia''s limbs comes to mind)... childish, yes, but that''s how to play Smudger''s game.  He doesn''t respond to reasonable debate, so why bother?

What I would have said, had it been a proper debate, was that Lambert is likely off to a Championship club on better wages than we, as a League 1 club, can offer.  Smudger has now set his signing for us as the only benchmark for ambition from our new board members.  Why?  Because he knows it won''t happen, and he can then happily spend the next year telling us how bad our board are for not signing Rickie Lambert.  Its pointless and shows him up for the ignoramus he is, not that most of us needed reminding.
[/quote]

He was still at Bristol Rovers the last time I looked, with the only possible interest in him coming from Huddersfield Town who have claimed that they have made no offer for him.

I wonder if he will actually kick off the season at Rovers???