Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Cheeky b*****ds!!!!!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Butler, are you suggesting the directors should be ensuring the club is spending less money?

Makes a change form the usual argument on here I suppose. [:|]
[/quote]

In a way yes.

There are many ways that overheads can be reduced and a proper working model of an efficient club produced.

Get the basics right and with the support that the club has, the rest should follow.To much money has been thrown away over the last few years none of which has been the fans fault.

If proper control is used then there would be a reasonable player budget to be effectively used by a manager with the right credentials.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

If Foulger has got money he wishes to put into the club then why doesn''t he just do it or better if he''d of put the money into the club last season by putting up funds to buy Leroy Lita then the odds are we''d of stayed up and the rebates wouldn''t of kicked in anyway!

[/quote]

grd, you don''t do the rest of your argument much good by including wild fantasy like this. You might as well blame Foulger for not shelling out for Ronaldo. Lita would never have signed for us in a million years! Any criticism re Lita should be aimed at Roeder for the terms of his loan which meant he couldn''t come back oncce his first loan expired.

[/quote]

Your talking mainly sh*te mate!

Signing Lita last season was hardly wild fantasy - We could of signed him for less than £500,000 albeit with big wages!

Lita was at the club Ronalso wasn''t,. If Lita was that adverse to coming to Norwich then he wouldn''t of came on loan!

Foulger reckons if everyone didn''t claim their rebates then his ''pledge'' would cost him £1M that he''d be putting into the club. Now £1M would of covered Litas transfer fee, signing on fee and part of his substantial wages. Afterall its a well known fact that Diss businessman Carl Moore subsidised a lot of Huckerbys wages!

Like I said your talking s*ite!

Lita came to us on loan to inflate his signing-on fee once his contract had lapsed. You could try and argue that just possibly he would have stayed with us if we''d offered him more than anyone else but I don''t think so, and I think the comments Roeder made while Lita was here back me up.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Signing Lita last season was a long shot but by no means wild fantasy!

And Foulgers still a t*at for trying to emotionally blackmail fans!

[/quote]

Desperate times.....require desperate measures....

Its a bizarre world where someone gets abuse for offering to give the club up to a million quid and expect other to do something they are not willing to do themeselves. I sometimes wonder if some people just love to whinge about anything and would rather the club did badly so they can have a good moan.

[quote user="T"]Its a bizarre world where someone gets abuse for offering to give the club up to a million quid and expect other to do something they are not willing to do themeselves. I sometimes wonder if some people just love to whinge about anything and would rather the club did badly so they can have a good moan.[/quote]

No-one is abusing Foulger for wanting to put money into the club, he could have done that last season or anytime he liked. What we object to is the blackmail '''' I''ll put some in if you do''''

[quote user="T"]Its a bizarre world where someone gets abuse for offering to give the club up to a million quid and expect other to do something they are not willing to do themeselves. I sometimes wonder if some people just love to whinge about anything and would rather the club did badly so they can have a good moan.[/quote]

Would rather the club did badly?.....What''s been going on for the last four seasons then?....Complete and utter success?

The supporters have been most tolerant, loyal and commendable....So for you to come out with crass comments regarding the attitude of those who feel that enough is enough - who then decide to reclaim their rebate are whingers and destroyers of the club...Indicate to me what an absolute out of touch todger - you really are....

Ever thought of being a QC or an MP?   

Which part of not having a problem with people claiming the rebate is not clear. Some people should look up the word blackmail up. It is an offer - whether people decide to get emotional about it is down to them not the club. It seems those making the criticism are the ones that are getting emotional. It also seems some people would be happier if Foulger had made no offer at all or if he had given the club money for nothing which they are not willing to do themselves. It is pure hypocrisy.  What is difficult to understand about less money meaning the club has less chance of doing well in the future. Thinking that the directors are investors rather than benefactors suggests that some people are completely out of touch with financial reality becasue it contradicts their predjudiced beliefs. The real issue is the English disease of people getting bitter and twisted about people who do better than themselves and then expecting those people should  subsidise them. 

[quote user="T"]Which part of not having a problem with people claiming the rebate is not clear. Some people should look up the word blackmail up. It is an offer - whether people decide to get emotional about it is down to them not the club. It seems those making the criticism are the ones that are getting emotional. It also seems some people would be happier if Foulger had made no offer at all or if he had given the club money for nothing which they are not willing to do themselves. It is pure hypocrisy.  What is difficult to understand about less money meaning the club has less chance of doing well in the future. Thinking that the directors are investors rather than benefactors suggests that some people are completely out of touch with financial reality becasue it contradicts their predjudiced beliefs. The real issue is the English disease of people getting bitter and twisted about people who do better than themselves and then expecting those people should  subsidise them. [/quote]

English disease?.....

"No-one is abusing Foulger for wanting to put money into the club, he could have done that last season or anytime he liked."

Didn''t CT (or someone) imply that he had only recently come into this money? Maybe he didn''t have it last season?

"What we object to is the blackmail '''' I''ll put some in if you do''''"

Maybe he was going to put it in anyway but by offering this matching donation he has potentially added an extra £500,000 (or whatever) to the playing budget. As T says, there''s a big difference between the word ''blackmail'' and ''incentive''.

[quote user="T"]Which part of not having a problem with people claiming the rebate is not clear. Some people should look up the word blackmail up. It is an offer - whether people decide to get emotional about it is down to them not the club. It seems those making the criticism are the ones that are getting emotional. It also seems some people would be happier if Foulger had made no offer at all or if he had given the club money for nothing which they are not willing to do themselves. It is pure hypocrisy.  What is difficult to understand about less money meaning the club has less chance of doing well in the future. Thinking that the directors are investors rather than benefactors suggests that some people are completely out of touch with financial reality becasue it contradicts their predjudiced beliefs. The real issue is the English disease of people getting bitter and twisted about people who do better than themselves and then expecting those people should  subsidise them. [/quote]

Which part of "well run club" did you not understand then?

I repeat if some greedy directors (not NCFC) had nor sold their souls to feed at the table of SKY then perhaps the whole of football finance would not be in the state it is in.

In the mean time our club has been badly run financialy for many years,that is the fault of our beneficial directors now saying that because of this any rectification of those errors is subsidising my football is utter twaddle.

It''s supposed to be entertainment(ha ha) they supply we buy. IF they can''t supply good enough goods to attract MORE fans then who''s fault is that.

20K every home match with the dross we have been served up speaks more for loyalty than refusing to bail incompetence out yet again!

Like I''ve said before I respect anyone that puts money into the club when they don''t have to which includes all the current board but I don''t the desperate rubbish that Foulger used to try and get us to not claim our rebate - a scheme that was the clubs idea and they wern''t forced to do it!

Foulger would of been better of not saying anyone or saying that the club would apreciate the gesture of any ST holder not claiming their rebate and that I intend to put some of my money into help the club. Trying to tempt peopleby saying I''ll match the rebates not handed in was in very bad taste! 

Like a previous poster makes out - desperate times call for desperate measures! 

Clearly the behaviour of the Board and the new CEO is outrageous. How dare they try to ensure that there is more money in the club!  Disgraceful.  And it''s made worse by the fact that they are asking supporters to show support.  Don''t they know what the word "support" means?  Despicable behaviour!  You wait, it won''t be long before one of this rabble offers to match any money the supporters feel able to leave in the club.  With his own money, to make it worse.  What? They''ve done that already?  Proves my point entirely.  Evil, the lot of them.  And they''ve even stressed that all who claimed their rebate were entitled to do so and thanked them for buying season tickets anyway.  How dare they; worse than criminals, this Board!

When oh when will we get a proper Board at this club? One that does everything it can to reduce the money available to the Manager.  One that actively ensures that any money that might otherwise be available is returned to where it came from as soon as possible.  One whose directors would never dream of putting their own money in.   Watch the Canaries march on our rightful place in the Premiership then.

Illiterate Norfolk folk, English Disease.....all smacks a little of an inferior complex!

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

Clearly the behaviour of the Board and the new CEO is outrageous. How dare they try to ensure that there is more money in the club!  Disgraceful.  And it''s made worse by the fact that they are asking supporters to show support.  Don''t they know what the word "support" means?  Despicable behaviour!  You wait, it won''t be long before one of this rabble offers to match any money the supporters feel able to leave in the club.  With his own money, to make it worse.  What? They''ve done that already?  Proves my point entirely.  Evil, the lot of them.  And they''ve even stressed that all who claimed their rebate were entitled to do so and thanked them for buying season tickets anyway.  How dare they; worse than criminals, this Board!

When oh when will we get a proper Board at this club? One that does everything it can to reduce the money available to the Manager.  One that actively ensures that any money that might otherwise be available is returned to where it came from as soon as possible.  One whose directors would never dream of putting their own money in.   Watch the Canaries march on our rightful place in the Premiership then.

[/quote]

Will the major-shareholding duo (when they depart), be out of pocket?

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

[/quote]

Funniest post of the year, but for all the wrong reasons.

I bet you were bullied and thus let everyone walk all over you.

Wake up.

T - Why on earth do you keep using the term "subsidy"? all ST holders, members etc have paid the price for their ticket as set by the club. You are wrong to say that the club are making an offer, what they are actually doing is changing the offer they have already made (ST for price "Y").

There is also no "shortfall". There can only be a "shortfall" if the club expexted 20,000 ST renewals but only got 18,200. The decraese in revenue is as a direct result of relegation and the offer of a rebate to ST holders for the same, which clearly is not a "shortfall".

We all know these are tough financial times, we all know about the reality of finances in football, the "offer" from Mr Foulger is not about any of that, do you belive for one second we would have this "offer" had we not been relegated, I certainly do not.

Hello all,Hope you''ve all had as lovely a weekend as I have?Having read through this ridiculous argument I feel the need to set something straight (and you should count yourselves lucky that I am [;)])Carl Moore contributed a small proportion of Huckerby''s wages as anyone who actually has any real knowledge of the deal would know - as opposed to those of you who ''know everything'' because of the way it was portrayed to you by the EDP.The proportion was just over 10%.He''s a welcome benefactor by any stretch of the imagination, and I thank him for what he did, but don''t hold him up to be a messiah and then shoot down people who continue to put their dosh in the big pot as ''blackmailers'' and suchlike. It''s unbefitting to say the least!A word of advice - don''t believe everything you read in the papers. Many of you were quick to criticise Camuldonum on that point so you can''t then turn around and have it your way when it suits.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

If Foulger has got money he wishes to put into the club then why doesn''t he just do it or better if he''d of put the money into the club last season by putting up funds to buy Leroy Lita then the odds are we''d of stayed up and the rebates wouldn''t of kicked in anyway!

[/quote]

grd, you don''t do the rest of your argument much good by including wild fantasy like this. You might as well blame Foulger for not shelling out for Ronaldo. Lita would never have signed for us in a million years! Any criticism re Lita should be aimed at Roeder for the terms of his loan which meant he couldn''t come back oncce his first loan expired.

[/quote]

Your talking mainly sh*te mate!

Signing Lita last season was hardly wild fantasy - We could of signed him for less than £500,000 albeit with big wages!

Lita was at the club Ronalso wasn''t,. If Lita was that adverse to coming to Norwich then he wouldn''t of came on loan!

Foulger reckons if everyone didn''t claim their rebates then his ''pledge'' would cost him £1M that he''d be putting into the club. Now £1M would of covered Litas transfer fee, signing on fee and part of his substantial wages. Afterall its a well known fact that Diss businessman Carl Moore subsidised a lot of Huckerbys wages!

Like I said your talking s*ite!

[/quote]Ok, so we push the boat out and sign Lita for 500k (very debateable whether he was available for that) and we also push the boat out big style to meet his wage demands - 12-15k? I dunno, but its a ballpark figure and probably more accurate than your 500k transfer fee.Then what? The rest of the squad on less than half that (in some cases a lot less) are going to love that aren''t they?And you''re accusing other people of talking "mainly sh*te"Yeah, ok.... [:P]

[quote user="Balham Yellow"][quote user="canaryspike7"]

Just read where Foulger has made another plea for fans to forget the rebate. Cheeky sod. Stop begging Foulger, it''s pathetic. I claimed my rebate ages ago, there was never any way that Gunn was getting his hands on my money.

By the way, I don''t care that this is another rebate thread, it''s a public forum, and people have the right to post what they want.

[/quote]

So you claimed your rebate ages ago.  Well done!  How smug and superior you must feel.  I assume that you won''t be moaning about the lack of budget for playing staff next season.  It''s very easy to criticise others but when push came to shove you weren''t willing to put your hand in your pocket.  From this point forward you should just shut up and put up.

[/quote]

Balham Yellow you are a complete Moron. Do you not think me renewing my season ticket was a show of loyalty, a show that I was putting my money where my mouth is. You are a complete c**k, just because you haven''t claimed your rebate you want a nice pat on the back from Mr. Gunn and his partners in crime. You are a total joke, a complete and utter fool.

[quote user="LQ"]Hello all,

Hope you''ve all had as lovely a weekend as I have?

Having read through this ridiculous argument I feel the need to set something straight (and you should count yourselves lucky that I am [;)])

Carl Moore contributed a small proportion of Huckerby''s wages as anyone who actually has any real knowledge of the deal would know - as opposed to those of you who ''know everything'' because of the way it was portrayed to you by the EDP.

The proportion was just over 10%.

He''s a welcome benefactor by any stretch of the imagination, and I thank him for what he did, but don''t hold him up to be a messiah and then shoot down people who continue to put their dosh in the big pot as ''blackmailers'' and suchlike. It''s unbefitting to say the least!

A word of advice - don''t believe everything you read in the papers. Many of you were quick to criticise Camuldonum on that point so you can''t then turn around and have it your way when it suits.

[/quote]

Equally.... don''t believe all the crap you come out with...

Apologist bilge.......

I have been reading this thread but got bored! I can''t believe the over-excitement and apparent intense feelings that this subject has created. It is really quite simple. If you want the rebate, to which you are entitled, take it. If you want to make a donation to the Club, don''t. I can easily understand and respect any individual for taking either course of action. Just because someone does something different to a poster or has an alternative view, it doesn''t mean they are automatically wrong.

It is down to individuals whether they claim their rebate or not. I have no problem admitting I have issues with the whole rebate affair, which centre around how easily people have been sucked into believing their is a "shortfall", which is clearly not the case, certainly not in terms of how the request for the fans to give up their rebate is being presented, and how people believe it is right for the club to effecitvely try to break the contract it has with ST holders. I do not believe the offer to be "emotional blackmail", but I do believe the offer deliberately plays on the emotions of the fans.

[quote user="T"]Which part of not having a problem with people claiming the rebate is not clear. ............... The real issue is the English disease of people getting bitter and twisted about people who do better than themselves and then expecting those people should  subsidise them. [/quote]

I thought I was reading a Cranky Yankee post for a minute..........

As for subsidies, nobody has forced Delia or any other director to hand over the cash.  At this level with our gates etc. there should be no need for a subsidy if the club is run properly. This means cutting the overheads to an appropriate level for a Division 3 (old money) club. We are no longer a Premiership club.

Should Foulger wish to hand over £1m it really should have not be linked to the rebate issue.