Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Who was our worst ever player?

I''m not in complete agreement with all the selections made. I thought Jon Jensen was an absolute legend at Arsenal. I would have to say for me the biggest dissapointment was Marc Libbra (not worst player btw). Considering the debut goal, a few superb performances, and all the hype. I''d never seen so many people with a players name on the back of there shirt. Soooo disapointing

Coney will always be up there for me - he was monumentally poor in a city shirt despite his successes elsewhere.

In defence Victor Segura and Derveld ranks alongside Walsh and Young whilst in midfield Muzinic was always a disappointment along with De waard. Of the loanees Des Hamilton was particularly poor. On a more controversial note Mick Maguire was always the midfield player guaranteed to put me in a bad mood.

In goal Tracey is out on his own although Roger Hansbury (The Hansbury Flop was fames in teh zipper household) pushes him close.

I am sure there are several old posts along the lines of this topic.

OTBC

Yeah Steve Walsh.Marc Libbra!!! I loved him, one of the most naturally gifted players I have ever seen in a Norwich shirt, some of his tricks and flicks were awesome and he had great vision. Alright, I admit he was overweight, unfit and lazy, but he was never our worst signing ever. Not even close to deserving that title.

Libbra was just cold, thats all. The weather''s chilly here in Britain and it''s hard to get going if you''re cold!

Steve Walsh was the worst City player everTM. FACT.

I don''t agree with the selection of Darren Beckford, after all not many City players have scored a Premiership hat trick ( against Everton ).

Surely even Bryan Hamilton would have to be second to John Bond when it came to bringing poor players to the club.  I have watched Norwich for 55 years and have never seen a more pitiful player than John Benson.

p s How come Kevin Bond won 1979 Player of the Year when the supporters never had the opportunity to cast a vote ?

Any all time worst XI would have to have Chris Llewellyn coming on off the bench to play left back to make sure we defend a lead.Place your bets on Steve Walsh v Willie Young over 100 yards! Place your bets on Steve Walsh v Willie Young over two falls two submissions or a knockout!The terrible record signing trilogy, everyone remembers Muzinic and Beckford but in between was Paul Blades!, made Colin Woodthorpe look a real prospect.David Smith was worse than Carey - I know, its hard to imagine.Bertie Biggins was even more annoying than Sheron

Clint Easton, although Spurs fans voted Gary Doherty as their worst ever player so potentially he will become a candidate.

Clint Easton?!?!?!

What a load of rubbish!

Clint was part of one of our more successful sides (although admittedly a weaker part) but compare him to Derveld, De Waard, Walsh, Carey, Beckford et al is utter nonsense!

Willie Young

Jonny Miller

Steve Walsh

de Waard

Ross Jack

not in any order ,but havn''t we bought some poo over the years!!

It is interesting to note that a lot of our "worst" players have performed well and been a star at other clubs and the worst part of their career was Norwich City.

Sheron always scored goals for other clubs.  Akinbiyi has been successful elsewhere.  Cottee scored goals everywhere he played.  Walsh & Grant legends at their former clubs.

I would say Chris Llewellyn is the most dissapointing player I have seen, he promised so much and appeared to have a lot of ability but just didn''t do enough.

I''m sure people won''t agree with me on this one, but I always thought Mike Milligan was crap.As for promising but ultimately disappointing, how about a new list? Here''s mine -CooteForbes (Adrian, obviously)LlewellynMcGovernRiversO''NeillDare I say it ....Jarvis?