Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Protest at the open day monday!!!

Not sure if it''s been suggested before, but maybe someone should give sky sports news a call as well?

I despise SKY, but the more national it gets, the better.

I despise sky. But made me laugh delia being interviewed on sky moaning about the money in the game! Gonna be falling on def ears there love!

[quote user="CT "]Any ideas of the number of people going to the protest?

I''m well up for this!"
[/quote]

No idea,lets hope the rain doesn''t put people off,i think we may get a good turn out though!!!

I will be there with my brother.

I know your nephews, the twins Arthur.

See you all at 2.00pm.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]emailed them[/quote]

We should send a few e-mails to Sky. They will then read them out on air.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]emailed them[/quote]

I have e-mailed them too... [;)]

[quote user="Millo"]

I will be there with my brother.

I know your nephews, the twins Arthur.

See you all at 2.00pm.

[/quote]

Make sure that you say hello to me too Milo.

[quote user="CT "]Any ideas of the number of people going to the protest?

I''m well up for this!"
[/quote]

9, you''re buying the chips.

I just e-mailed Sky to say their will be a protest outside the ground at 2pm. If more people e-mail them then they might take some notice.

Just printed out a good few hand outs with a picture of a coffin on it and a little dig at the board underneath,see you all down there!! lets try and keep it calm and get our point heard!!

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]I just e-mailed Sky to say their will be a protest outside the ground at 2pm. If more people e-mail them then they might take some notice.[/quote]

and drive all the way up from london to film it....

unless they have a time machine they wont make it.

jas :)

They''re not all based in London surely? That wouldn''t make practical sense.

They will have people dotted about the country, so it''s not impossible.

I cant make this, I am out of the county today.But I plead that someone takes a video camera and films the protest, films the songs being sung and carries out some interviews with the prominent spokespeople of the group (not the people in dungaries, Archant take note!). This could easily be edited and made into a YouTube video and who knows it might help us get the attention we need. I''d happily do it myself if someone sent me the raw footage. We dont want Anglia, Archant or Sky news to sensor all this do we now?

I popped down to the "protest" for a bit and man it was depressing. About 50 people there. I went and sat in the ground for a bit and felt sick, more dejected than yesterday. How on Earth are Delia and the board going to feel compelled to leave when we can hardly muster 50 people for a protest? Nothing is going to change. Please someone, tell me I''m wrong as I have almost lost all hope.

I got there about 3.45, put me banner on the gate, securely fixed with old fashioned elastoplast so hopefully they''ll have quite a job to get it off.

Wandered into the ground just as presentations were taking place on the pitch.  About 400 fans were there.  Gunny went up for his award for "Moment of the Season" - the 4-0 win over Barnsley - and people applauded enthusiastically.  I''m not making it up folks.

Stood there imagining third division football at CR next season and suddenly the stadium seemed HUGE.

It felt completely unreal, like a  parallel universe where relegation hasn''t actually happened.  I found myself wondering whether these people had been taken over by some sort of alien force that makes them automatically compliant, like the Stepford Wives.  If it could happen to them, perhaps it could happen to me . . . Aarrghh!!  Time to get outa here. . .

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I''m not making it up folks.

Stood there imagining third division football at CR next season and suddenly the stadium seemed HUGE.

It felt completely unreal.

[/quote]

Surely it''s not possible that this message board is unrepresentative of the vast majority of fans? Or that those who talk about protesting have no stomach for doing so and no plan for what they would do next? No, couldn''t be.

Sorry about today chaps, you may have heard what happened to my toe. Doris is getting the brunt of my foul mood and 3 hours in a waiting room didnt help.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Sorry about today chaps, you may have heard what happened to my toe. Doris is getting the brunt of my foul mood and 3 hours in a waiting room didnt help.

[/quote]Can''t imagine what happened to your toe arthur, is it embedded in Doncasters ass?[:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]Can''t imagine what happened to your toe arthur, is it embedded in Doncasters ass?[:^)][/quote]

That was the plan.[;)]

My nephew just rung and said Doncaster started saying at the Q & A that the future is bright because we have sold 18,000 season tickets and Charlton have only sold 1000, I take it he forgot to mention the fact that Charltons season tickets only went on sale after the season ended?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]Did you go to the protest?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

Did you go to the protest?

[/quote]

Did anyone?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

Did you go to the protest?

[/quote]

Did anyone?

[/quote]

Yeah i did, and some of my mates. Would''ve been good if all the people who said on here that they''d go, had actually gone.