Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Protest at the open day monday!!!

[quote user="glove1"]

isnt it fate that the open day got moved to tomorrow - i bet the officials at the club are rather nervous about tomorrow. hopefully it will go down in history as ''protest day'' not ''open day''.

also, you do realise you are going to get the happy clappers / wig wearers booing you guys for protesting???

[/quote]

Wig wearers boing,GULP!!!!! Should i be worried?

I can definately make it now. Duno about a cardboard coffin or anything, but I might just add my scarf to the stuff that was on the gates today.

I was talking to this lovley old lady at the services at stanstead on the way back today and she nailed it good and proper. She said nevermind at least you still got a nice family club!

And that, my friends, sums it up! This board has moved our club away from Football and turned it into a cosy little place where people go for a nice meal or meet up with friends from the WI for a nice cup of coffe in Yellows. You can even stay in that lovely Hotel.  Oh and you might catch a game of football if you are lucky.   Yes Football, by the way, if you do, we are the ones in yellow.......Trouble is those ruffians around the ground say rude words  but dont worry Delia (yes lovely Delia) and her supporters are slowly but surely getting these people out of her celebrity centre.. (thats football club to you and me) .

SACK THE FLUCKIN LOT OF THEM............... 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="No Quarter"]Shame none of you lot joined me and about 20 others after the Reading game really.........[/quote]

I did and am planning to give tomorrow a look too.

I think it should also be done at the boards question and answer session, drowning out whatever they are planning to say.

[/quote]

Hello smudge, we need you and your nifty fifty from the Reading game tomorrow in full voice old mate.

[/quote]

Problem is that it was not my nift fifty, just a nifty fifty Arthur.

Apart from 1st Wazzock and City Angel, plus a few older faces I recognised from years gone by it was not pre-arranged at all and I attended by myself.

Just shows what can be done though as many attanded the protest last Monday by themselves and while the group was small if each of those who attended had just 5 friendswith them  then we would of had 250.

I am prepared to meet you in the City for a pint around mid-day tomorrow Arthur and take it from there... [;)]

[/quote]

make it 1.ish. Murderers?

[/quote]

Sounds cool to me Arthur... I was planning on meeting Thorny at The Murderers between 12pm and 1pm tomorrow anyway.

[/quote]

OK mate.

These tossers wont hestitate to use violence, They wanted to smack me at the Reading game the other night............On the Worthy Out protests they spat at us,were both physically and verbally abusive. So be warned dont think they wont, cos they will. The key is not to retaliate at all. Ignore them because you will be the ones arrested not them.

[quote user="glove1"]right after re-arranging my day ( and having an arguement with the wife) i can get there for 3.45 just in time for the fans forum. are you all going to that as i want to protest with you all??[/quote]

as long as we get a good turn out we will hopefully all still be about, i will be going to the forum without fail!!!!

[quote user="mtv"]

I was talking to this lovley old lady at the services at stanstead on the way back today and she nailed it good and proper. She said nevermind at least you still got a nice family club!

And that, my friends, sums it up! This board has moved our club away from Football and turned it into a cosy little place where people go for a nice meal or meet up with friends from the WI for a nice cup of coffe in Yellows. You can even stay in that lovely Hotel.  Oh and you might catch a game of football if you are lucky.   Yes Football, by the way, if you do, we are the ones in yellow.......Trouble is those ruffians around the ground say rude words  but dont worry Delia (yes lovely Delia) and her supporters are slowly but surely getting these people out of her celebrity centre.. (thats football club to you and me) .

SACK THE FLUCKIN LOT OF THEM............... 

[/quote]

SPOT ON MY FRIEND.........BOLLOCKS TO THE REST OF THE HAPPY CLAPPY IDIOTS

[quote user="mtv"]

These tossers wont hestitate to use violence, They wanted to smack me at the Reading game the other night............On the Worthy Out protests they spat at us,were both physically and verbally abusive. So be warned dont think they wont, cos they will. The key is not to retaliate at all. Ignore them because you will be the ones arrested not them.

[/quote]

yeah...they might hit you with their scarf of throw their wig at us

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]I hope this protest does happen. I fear many people will say they will attend but bottle it at the last minute and watch from a distance or just not turn up. This needs to happen.[/quote]

Just made up a very slap dash and cheap looking "Sack the Board" sign for tomorrow,it''ll do!! Also any one got a coffin going spare,could be a nice touch with all the flowers![:D] 

[/quote]

Just an idea but might be an idea to post on WOTB so that more people find out about your plans.

[quote user="glove1"]right after re-arranging my day ( and having an arguement with the wife) i can get there for 3.45 just in time for the fans forum. are you all going to that as i want to protest with you all??[/quote]

Will go to that, but for protest only... not in the slightest bit interested in what anybody from the board has to say.

More untruths no doubt and I bet they do not even offer an apology, but plenty of excuses on how football has gone to the money men??? [+o(]

Yeah post it on wrath of the barclay gets a lot more hits than this site i think

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]I hope this protest does happen. I fear many people will say they will attend but bottle it at the last minute and watch from a distance or just not turn up. This needs to happen.[/quote]

Just made up a very slap dash and cheap looking "Sack the Board" sign for tomorrow,it''ll do!! Also any one got a coffin going spare,could be a nice touch with all the flowers![:D] 

[/quote]

Just an idea but might be an idea to post on WOTB so that more people find out about your plans.

[/quote]

Can you do it then CA?

You know some will not want to do it if SMUDGE is seen as a ring leader???

I''m not registered on there to post but I''m sure that PhatCanary will be able to do it.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="CT "]FAO phatcanary- can i add you on FB?

To talk about the protest?
[/quote]

Likewise here... [Y]

As for Arthur you already have me on there and know how to get in touch should you want to... [;)]

[/quote]

Murderers 1ish mate. My nephews { 2 bald twins } will be coming with there mates, all fans, all had enough. Sounds like we might have quite a crowd.

have posted protest on wotb have said its at 2 pm

I''m defiently up for this, I feel so angry and frustrated. I was at work so I dont know all the goings on from today, was there any anti-board chants at the game?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]I can''t access wotb for some reason,can someone please post on there about the protest,cheers!![/quote]

I am registered on there and have been for longer than I have been on here.

I rarely post though and they will not take kindly to me.

Is there anybody else that can post a link to this thread on there?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="CT "]FAO phatcanary- can i add you on FB?

To talk about the protest?
[/quote]

Likewise here... [Y]

As for Arthur you already have me on there and know how to get in touch should you want to... [;)]

[/quote]

Murderers 1ish mate. My nephews { 2 bald twins } will be coming with there mates, all fans, all had enough. Sounds like we might have quite a crowd.

[/quote]

I will defo be there Arthur... [;)]

I will ping you a PM with my mobile number on in a bit.

Just trying to see if I can drum up some support from people I know.   I haven''t heard from most of them that went to the game today yet though.

My old name doesn''t seem to work on there any more just re registered using PhatCanary and still having trouble getting on the forums,hopefully they will here about it! We getting alot of people saying yes to the protestnlets hope they all show!

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m not registered on there to post but I''m sure that PhatCanary will be able to do it.[/quote]

Are you coming CA?

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I''m defiently up for this, I feel so angry and frustrated. I was at work so I dont know all the goings on from today, was there any anti-board chants at the game?[/quote]

Yeah there was quite alot going around, especially towards the end of the game. Unlike a home match, people weren''t getting jumped on for saying anything anti-board.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Ive emailed the EDP and Evening news. Anyone got Anglia news and look easts email address?[/quote]

edp will know already - this being their website they monitor all threads and some make the monday sport supplement

[quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Ive emailed the EDP and Evening news. Anyone got Anglia news and look easts email address?[/quote]

edp will know already - this being their website they monitor all threads and some make the monday sport supplement

[/quote]

Ok mate.