Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Brighton v Stockport County LEAGUE ONE - Away win

I think Stockport will be well up for this after today''s administration news and I expect big Jim to fire them up.

With the Welsh Premiership drawing to a close last week, I''m going with the majority this week and napping LIVERPOOL to beat Newcastle.

Good luck Beaker!

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

I have had a really good look this week and have come up with a bit of an unusual one -

My nap takes me to the Slovakian second division (I think!), called "1st Liga 08/09"

HFK Prievidza vs. Dac Dunajska Streda B - HFK to win.

HFK are mid table and their home record reads P13 W8 D2 L3 F26 A17. 

Dac are totally outclassed in this league (amazing that such a thing is possible!!).  They have only picked up 7 points from 26 games and have a goal difference of -60 (and we think Norwich are bad!). 

More significantly Dac''s away record reads - P13 W0 D1 L12 F8 A50.  Dac have also lost their last 6 league games, scoring only 2 and conceding 17.

Good luck![:)][Y]

I''ll go for Liverpool this week.

Good Luck Beaker.

Thanks Nutty for carrying on with Ray''s wonderful work, he''ll be proud of you as we all are. [:D]

Please Please Please pick Almeria, i havnt even checked who they are playing, but they will win, oh its only Racing Santander away, easy, GO ON

Hello all from Lima, off to the states today to try to avoid swine flu. In the meantime its been a tough task picking this week, Pboro has found a good one in the highland league, Norfolkbroadslim has found a match I could not find anywhere. For me im going back to familiar ground with..Hajduk Split to beat Varteks. This is the third time ive napped Hajduk, part due to their 12/2/0 home record. They are second in the league, in a tight race for the title. Varteks are 3/1/9 away from home and 8th in the league, with nothing to play for.Im back to campervan life next week, I was in one in Australia and those were the weeks I was mainly unable to pick. So im going to do my absolute best to pick for the final week, ill probably try and find a nap in advance just incase I cant get online.

Beaker PM''d me his selections this morning so that they shouldn''t be on the thread too early. I''m impressed with his thoughtfulness but not surprised because that sort of thing is just so typical of the respect and care all you PUPs show to this thread[Y] I''m beginning to look like Tilly typing in italics like this[+o(] so I''m going to paste Beakers selections and get out of here![ap] Over to you Beaker and great selections by the way[Y][Y]

My picks are as follows:

1. Bordeaux - my selection, Bordeaux''s good home record, coupled with Sochaux''s poor recent form.

2. Bayern Munich - a few pickers with a good record napping this one

3. Anderlecht -YankeeCanary need i say more?

4. Dumbarton - quote: "Will be a bigger surprise coming out of Scotland than Susan Boyle if Elgin even score a goal"

5. Brechin - quote: "can surely only have one outcome"

6. HFK Prievidza- because the team they are playing are rubbish

I was soooo tempted to just pick a Plymouth and Norwich double as final selections for sentimental reasons (its about 6/1 with Ladbrokes) maybe billy dixon would give us a cheeky £5er on that!! haha no, but ive been boring in the end, i know these picks won''t return much, (its probably evens!) but anythings better than a kick in the balls hey?

Thanks to the ''nutt-ster'' and all the pickers,

Love from,

Beaker

xxxxx

Oh what still no Almeria, can i go first next season, (or first week of spanish division) so Almeria get chosen :D

Greetings PUPs The bet is on so thanks to Beaker and Billy Dixon we have:-

4/11    Bordeaux               Beaker
2/7      Bayern Munich      Inchy, Shaun
1/4      Anderlecht             Yankee
1/4      Dumbarton            Jim, Meth
2/5      Brechin                  Lapp
1/5      HFK Prievidza      Broadslim

Which will win for the Academy £36.02p.  Which is considerably more than when I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and found the return would only be £26.67. The Slovakian game was a challenge but I finally found it priced online at 1/7. Billy just said “I’ll give you 1/5" which is the measure of the man and how well he looks after the free bet. Even though I say this every week it’s always worth repeating -  Billy would welcome each and one of you PUPs and treat your bets the same as this.
Now we kick off at 2:30 with Bayern Munich. Brechin and Dumbarton are next at 3pm. All being well we will go undefeated over night and then it’s Prievidza tomorrow afternoon followed by Anderlecht and Bordeaux tomorrow evening. Well done Beaker and good luck all you PUPs....[:)]....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Dumbarton 1-0 up now too[Y]

[/quote]

Bayern have won, Dumbarton currently 4-0 & Brechin ahead 2-1 . . . . . . .

The Gas 4-1 up, had won the game after scoring two in the first five mins. I finally got a Rovers pick right!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]The Gas 4-1 up, had won the game after scoring two in the first five mins. I finally got a Rovers pick right![/quote]

And don''t you find it vaguely annoying when they leave this sort of stuff to the last game of the season........must be that time of the year when contracts are up for renewal.  Or not, as the case may be..................

Could be worse, could be a Tranmere fan celebrating making the play-offs til their hosts scored with only two minutes left....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well done Beaker!! 3 from 3 today[Y] We go overnight undefeated...[:)]...

[/quote]

Let''s hope its an omen! Well done Beaker and fingers crossed for tomorrow.[:D]

Hi everyone, Not sure if this is the place to post it and sorry if this seems dumb. But I''m not a betting person but am looking at getting into puting a few quid on matches from now and then. I really don''t understand what the Free bet''s and the Naps and all that is about. Could anyone explain?

Thanks In advance

[quote user="Delias Chef"]

Hi everyone, Not sure if this is the place to post it and sorry if this seems dumb. But I''m not a betting person but am looking at getting into puting a few quid on matches from now and then. I really don''t understand what the Free bet''s and the Naps and all that is about. Could anyone explain?

Thanks In advance

[/quote]

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1374524/ShowPost.aspx

This explains how the free bet works. Sadly Ray is no longer with us and we all really miss him so I had no wish to change the words on this link. It all works the same. Oh, and we''ve now had 10 winning weeks.