Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

I´ve had to get off my sunbed  and leave the sunshine and 20c heat to come and do this so I hope I´ve picked a winner

Chelsea to beat Watford

Nutty/Lappin

Please convey my apologies to Ruth and the family for my absence tonight and explain that I´m on holiday, really wish I could have been there to see you all and chat about ´´our Ardee´´

xxxx

As I''m oop in York, I think I''m going to have to follow EM''s lead and go for a home win for my ''local'' team. Home win for York.

Let''s hope I can arrest my recent couple of cock ups [:$] as they have come at the worst time as I''m preparing to do next weeks picks.

Good luck Shack!!  [Y]

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]League One this week and Leicester to beat Swindon for me.[/quote]

I would like to add my name to that as well.

Hope everyone has a good time at the pickers meet up tonight, pity I am not nearer as it would be nice to see who some of the names are.

I have left this as late as possible to see if there are likely to be any matches off this weekend. So far it would seem all is well, so I am going for:-

Blue Square, 3:00 saturday : Oxford to beat Barrow , looks a cert to me !

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="leedscanary"]

What was his tipple, Eddie? I''ll make sure I have one of he''d have had - say about 9 o''clock?

[/quote]

Arrdee liked a pint of real ale Kev. But When I stopped serving it he''d drink Kroney1664 at the club. The choice is yours[B][Y]

Right, its half eight the pups meet should be in full swing and as promised I''m settling down with a pint to raise to Arrdee.

Seeing as he was an afficionardo (sic) of the real ale, and i''ve had so much success with the welsh league of late I''m opening a can of bitter I''ve been saving from my last trip to wales - "Double Dragon Ale"

Cheers Arrdee!   [B]

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="leedscanary"]

What was his tipple, Eddie? I''ll make sure I have one of he''d have had - say about 9 o''clock?

[/quote]

Arrdee liked a pint of real ale Kev. But When I stopped serving it he''d drink Kroney1664 at the club. The choice is yours[B][Y][/quote]

Right, its half eight the pups meet should be in full swing and as promised I''m settling down with a pint to raise to Arrdee.

Seeing as he was an afficionardo (sic) of the real ale, and i''ve had so much success with the welsh league of late I''m opening a can of bitter I''ve been saving from my last trip to wales - "Double Dragon Ale"

Cheers Arrdee!   [B]

Thanks for your picks everyone, these are my final selections.*Watford v Chelsea - AWAY WINDerby v Man Utd - AWAY WINLeicester v Swindon - HOME WINReal Betis v Barcelona - AWAY WINBristol City v Southampton - HOME WINFC Groningen v Heracles - HOME WIN* Nutty - For the benefit of the league standings this is my nap.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Thanks for your picks everyone, these are my final selections.

*Watford v Chelsea - AWAY WIN
Derby v Man Utd - AWAY WIN
Leicester v Swindon - HOME WIN
Real Betis v Barcelona - AWAY WIN
Bristol City v Southampton - HOME WIN
FC Groningen v Heracles - HOME WIN

* Nutty - For the benefit of the league standings this is my nap.
[/quote]

Great selections Shack, I''m looking forward to hitting Billy with these in the morning[Y]

Good stuff Leeds my friend [B] We had a great evening, all Ray''s family with loads of us posters plus Billy and Angie. We will be doing it again in the future - us PUPs are going to stick together[Y]

And I passed on your best wishes Angel and we''ll make sure you can make it next time[Y]

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to Shack Attack and Billy Dixon we have...

2/5

Chelsea

Buckethead, Devon, Butler, Hissing, Muddy, Obiwan, CNS, Angel, Shack, MisterC

2/5

Manchester Utd

TG Drinkell

4/9

Leicester

D Doris, Star, Meth, Norfolkc1, GazzaTCC, Pboro

4/7

Barcelona

Berks

8/11

Bristol City

Beausant, Pete, Jellytots, Wazzy, 1Dart

4/9

Groningen

Nutty

Which will win for the Academy £100-99p. As I always say these are really good odds from Billy Dixon and I know they won’t be matched anywhere. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £81.98. So if you''re doing a line on the footy this afternoon you''d be mad not to give Billy a ring.

So now it’s “game on” and hopefully the excitement will go right through to tomorrow tea-time so we can all settle down to watch Derby V Manchester United with the added edge of a free bet win hingeing on the result.

Good luck one and all [Y][:)]

I couldn''t pick a winner if my life depended on it anymore.  My last 3 picks have all been dead certs and have all failed to come home.  I must have been a naughty boy or something feel a bit gutted, sorry guys.[:(]

Barca failed to be at Real Betis as well, they were 2-0 down at HT and pulled it back to 2-2 [:(]Oh well, I got two more right than I did last time!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Hello all, apologies for the lack of contact. Been on Fraser Island and the Whitsundays on the East coast of oz. Bloody beautiful, if wet.Anyway this week it has to be Keith over Fort William in the Highland league.Keith - 2nd place.Fort William - Bottom, one point from 12 games, -46 goal difference.In this corresponding fixture last year Keith won 6-0, the year before 9-1. There is a massive gulf in class in this division, and as a result this is an absolute dead cert (Assuming the weather holds out, ive checked and it should be OK) Nigel - Not every bookie covers this league but ladbrokes will usually have prices if your struggling to find one (Just checked and they do)In Brisbane at the moment, then New Zealand next week. Should be able to pick for the next month or so; which is handy as after that im in south america and I doubt ill be on much at all. Will try my best anyway.[/quote]My game got postponed, damned scottish weather. Was 1/25 with ladbrokes as well, absolute certainty down the drain.Anyway as I cant pick much can I change my pick for the week to Lyon over Le Havre? Hope im not too late, but as I havent been around a lot thought would do my best to get a completed game finally!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Barca failed to be at Real Betis as well, they were 2-0 down at HT and pulled it back to 2-2 [:(]

Oh well, I got two more right than I did last time!
[/quote]

That was unlucky Shack. The free bet is in the midst of a poor run at the moment but with the quality of you PUPs we will turn that round sooner rather than later. To get six results we need a little luck too and lady luck has not been shining our way. But remember, thanks to Billy we have lost nothing and live to fight another day. We still have the stats to come and we are having a lot of fun along the way[:)]

Trent - your selection has been ammended to Lyon my friend. A foot of snow on the pitch put paid to Keith and Fort William[st] Not like you and Angel basking in the sunshine[ip][H] (not together I might add[:S] ) [;)]

See you later with those stats [Y]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i dont want to say "told ya so" but... lol!

jas :)

[/quote]

Erm ... quite a lot of us can say that. None of us come on and say it though [:S]

Unlucky Shack. I thought we might have had a winner this week ...

Even more PUPs selected this week, 52 in fact, and with 34 winning naps we had a success rate of 68% which is above average and excellent picking.

Trent moved up to 90% when Lyon won this afternoon. While Inchy got back to winning ways with paris SG to keep the pressure on. Shaun’s winning run has moved up to a very impressive 11 consecutive correct naps. CNS Canary has the next longest with 6 and is also sitting on an impressive 89% with 8 from 9. Keep picking CNS because you will need to have picked 20 times by the end of the season to feature.

This is the latest PUPs League showing those who have at least 50% correct from at least 50% weeks.

Picker

Season

Season %

Trent Canary

18-20

Inch High

24-28

Arrdee

18-22

NCFC_Shaun

22-27

We8wba

12-15

Gentleman Jim

22-28

MacDougalls perm

19-24

Shack Attack

19-24

Leedscanary

21-27

Pboro_Canary

20-26

Mr. Bump

19-25

Newyorkcanary

21-28

Obiwancanary

17-23

Beaker

16-22

Kathy

11-15

Fellas

20-28

Hissing Sid

18-26

Delias Devon

19-28

1st Wazzock

18-27

Mister Chops

16-24

Sparkos

16-24

Cosmic Twin

17-26

Muddy funster

17-26

Cityangel

15-23

Norfolkchance1

18-28

GazzaTCC

14-22

Graham Humphrey

17-27

BringBackIwan

13-21

Nutty nigel

17-28

The Butler

16-27

Hughsey

10-17

Berkshire Canary

15-26

Yankee Canary

16-28

Norfolkbroadslim

12-21

Lucky Green Trainers

14-27

Blahblahblah

13-25

Camuldonum

13-25

Methcanary

12-23

Canary Ryan

11-21

Lappinitup

14-28

Sports Desk Pete

14-28

I will be back later with the other stats[:)][Y]

This weeks naps were divided amongst “Dirty Gerty blind 30” different teams. With “two score blind 20” being correct and “Kelly’s eye number one” void making an impressive “anyway up 69%” success rate which is way up on the seasons average. So it’s a big well done to our PUPs this week.

The Championship, having really bombed last week, was 100% this week with 5-5 correct naps. Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

20 - 29

380-641

Premiership

48-90

Championship

5-5

50-97

League One

2-5

39-84

League Two

2-2

24-60

Conference

2-2

28-43

Welsh

0-1

15-21

English Cups

2-4

22-39

Scots Premiership

24-31

Scots Leagues

19-32

Scots Cup

5-6

Europe

7-9

82-108

Internationals

23-28

World Club

1-1

Other Non League

0-1

Games in Belgium, Spain, Holland, Greece, and France were napped this week so the European table now looks like this :-

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

7-9

82-108

Spain

0-2

18-29

Italy