Sign in to follow this  
Bogbrush

Matches already postponed

Championship: Barnsley v Crystal Palace, Charlton v Cardiff

League One: Bristol Rovers v Huddersfield, Hereford v Brighton

Bristol has had heavy snow and the M5 was closed this morning. Therefore, as an earlier poster (Jim Smith I think) said, the danger is that Bristol City will ask the FA for a postponement. They will realise that we have momentum and it must be in their interests to go for the postponement.

No real reason why our game should be called off. Bristol City set of yesterday and have probably already arrived, we have undersoil heating to clear any snow that may fall and having been to Molineux mid week the areas leading up to Carrow Rd. should be fine if Wolves were allowed to go ahead with slopes that we covered in ice...

[quote user="The Walking Man"]No real reason why our game should be called off. Bristol City set of yesterday and have probably already arrived, we have undersoil heating to clear any snow that may fall and having been to Molineux mid week the areas leading up to Carrow Rd. should be fine if Wolves were allowed to go ahead with slopes that we covered in ice...[/quote]

The point that Jim Smith was making was that BC can request a postponement if they can demonstrate severe difficulties for their fans travelling to Norfolk bearing in mind that they will have bought and paid for tickets. It is clear that they are already able to demonstrate that travelling tomorrow for the fans will be a major problem and potentially dangerous and Jim Smith''s point was that apparently BC can request Norwich to postpone and given the momentum we have we should turn down any such request if it is in our power to do so.  

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[quote user="The Walking Man"]No real reason why our game should be called off. Bristol City set of yesterday and have probably already arrived, we have undersoil heating to clear any snow that may fall and having been to Molineux mid week the areas leading up to Carrow Rd. should be fine if Wolves were allowed to go ahead with slopes that we covered in ice...[/quote]

The point that Jim Smith was making was that BC can request a postponement if they can demonstrate severe difficulties for their fans travelling to Norfolk bearing in mind that they will have bought and paid for tickets. It is clear that they are already able to demonstrate that travelling tomorrow for the fans will be a major problem and potentially dangerous and Jim Smith''s point was that apparently BC can request Norwich to postpone and given the momentum we have we should turn down any such request if it is in our power to do so.  

[/quote]

To be honest i don''t know if they can request that or even if they would want to but its probably not the best time for an away team to play us 9although in fairness they are in good form as well) and I was just worried that if they did we would cave in and agree to it. If they are already en route then should be fine. my biggest worry was that they were planning on flying and were stranded in Bristol.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

To be honest i don''t know if they can request that or even if they would want to but its probably not the best time for an away team to play us 9although in fairness they are in good form as well) and I was just worried that if they did we would cave in and agree to it. If they are already en route then should be fine. my biggest worry was that they were planning on flying and were stranded in Bristol.

[/quote]

Bristol City set off by coach this morning.

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

It''s time to stop being mr nice guys, would they let us pospone if it were the other way round, Wolves had a lot of snow all around and it went on, Burnley had one of our matches posponed then they won the rearanged match, as well as that if our match is called of tomorrow it will almost be a Tuesday night so a lot of Bristol fans will not want to travell in mid week, so I for one hope we play tomorrow  

[quote user="Al Guido"]

Bristol has had heavy snow and the M5 was closed this morning. Therefore, as an earlier poster (Jim Smith I think) said, the danger is that Bristol City will ask the FA for a postponement. They will realise that we have momentum and it must be in their interests to go for the postponement.

[/quote]

Colchester v Hereford also off - standing water on the pitch and minus five forecast for tonight - called off a short while ago to save Stockport travelling.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

Colchester v Hereford also off - standing water on the pitch and minus five forecast for tonight - called off a short while ago to save Stockport travelling.

[/quote]Do Stockport take an interest in Hereford?

I''m pretty sure we won''t get postponed - Bristol City posted this on their website an hour ago...http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1547901,00.htmlIf they are telling supporters that the coach is still on, I can''t see them demanding a postponement?

according to their site they are brining a whole 300 supporters

can they really contemplate calling of the match and dissapointing 25000 norwich fans for the sake of 300??

I hardly think they''ll be worried about our momentum.  I believe they have won 5 and drawn 1 of their last 6.  Who should be worried I wonder ??

[quote user="Al Guido"]Yes, but the issue will be whether the travelling conditions for the fans tomorrow will be too severe.[/quote]

I think the only reason apart from the pitch being unplayable to postpone a game is if the approaches to the stadium are considered to be dangerous. I don''t think away fans not being able to reach the game is a consideration, they would obviously get a refund on their tickets if they didn''t reach the ground but it is each fans choice as to whether they think it''s to dangerous to travel. As things stand it the moment there is no snow laying in the Norwich area and I''d be amazed if the game was called off.

We''ve had hardly enough snow to glaze over my car let alone cover the football pitch, I very much doubt our game will be postponed.

Just out of interest, what was the last Norwich game to be postponed, and the last one at Carrow Road to be postponed (if not the same)?

The snow is melting pretty quickly here in Bristol at the moment, so there should be no problems for the vast hoards of Brissole supporters to make the visit.The only risk is that we are expecting it to get cold tonight, which will make it very icy.There''s only 1 team I want Norwich to beat more than Ipswich and that is Bristol City.  I hope the game is on and I hope we stuff them.

And if any of you went to Wolves on Tuesday you would have noticed the 1 inch think layer of ice on the pavements arround the ground where the snow had been walked down and re-frozen you won''t find that much ice arround Norwich i''m sure.

[quote user="Largey"]

We''ve had hardly enough snow to glaze over my car let alone cover the football pitch, I very much doubt our game will be postponed.

Just out of interest, what was the last Norwich game to be postponed, and the last one at Carrow Road to be postponed (if not the same)?

[/quote]I vaguely remember a game away at Sunderland about 5years ago being snowed off. Probably the season we went up actually as we played them away on a Tues night to secure either promotion or the title, I don''t remember which.No idea of the last one at FCR.

[quote user="Smeg"]

according to their site they are brining a whole 300 supporters

can they really contemplate calling of the match and dissapointing 25000 norwich fans for the sake of 300??

[/quote]lol..quality

[quote user="Largey"]Just out of interest, what was the last Norwich game to be postponed, and the last one at Carrow Road to be postponed (if not the same)?[/quote]

The last one at Carrow Road was (I think) the FA Cup 3rd round match against Brighton in 2003 due to a power failure, I believe. And even the rearranged game''s kick-off was delayed but we got there eventually.

I''m sure I read that before that one, the last game postponed at Carrow Road was another FA Cup match against Coventry in 1993.

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]Last one was Burnley away a couple of seasons ago (standing water in one corner of the pitch). Rearranged fixture came smack in the middle of an injury crisis for us (Renton and Eagle started) and we lost 3-0.

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

Bit surprised that Charlton is off??

[quote user="Matt"]

Bottom 3 teams matches all off!!!!!

Just hope we can put some daylight between us and them.

[/quote]

Deffo. This is the chance to really crank the pressure on the teams below us. Another massive game tomorrow