Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Gow signs till the summer

In count up to four then, not bad really. Strengthening positions and giving competition for places.When you look back at it, that was when Roeder had his best run in charge - when we had plenty of numbers in the squad. It seems that since the departures of Strihavka and Brown we were left incredibly short - I understood the financial implications of Strihavka who did not seem to settle but Brown for me was always a bit of a strange one. Always put in a good shift, always looking to create and assist and providing the height we needed - even as a back up he would have been better than even those we have signed now I think.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Just confirmed on the BBC that Alan Gow has signed on loan until the end of the season.

Good business again, shame it''s 6 months late in this case...

[/quote]BBCWolves would not take a risk on Gow after a medical revealed a "bio-mechanical" problem.

Doesn''t this worry anyone???

[quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Just confirmed on the BBC that Alan Gow has signed on loan until the end of the season.

[/quote]
BBC
Wolves would not take a risk on Gow after a medical revealed a "bio-mechanical" problem.

[/quote]

Will be ironic if he''s in the team on Tuesday!

But yes, it is a worry.  At least its not a permanent deal if it does go wrong.

[quote user="singing canary"]he can play up front as well ..[/quote]

Let''s hope he can play in defence too, that''s the area which really needs strengthening.

Good signing IMO,makes me worry about Hoolahan though, how are we going to play both Gow and Hoolahan?

[/quote]
BBC
Wolves would not take a risk on Gow after a medical revealed a "bio-mechanical" problem.

[/quote]

I''m not too worried, it didn''t stop him playing for Blackpool

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Let''s hope he can play in defence too, that''s the area which really needs strengthening.

[/quote]Exactly !! I''m not exactly upset with the players we''ve signed this week though

[/quote]
BBC

[/quote]

Not really as he is only on loan at present!  The bio-mechanical problem would just mean he will be more susceptible to injurys in the long run.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

Exactly !! I''m not exactly upset with the players we''ve signed this week though
[/quote]

Nor am I provided we don''t lose any more.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"][quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]
BBC

[/quote]

I''m not too worried, it didn''t stop him playing for Blackpool

[/quote]

I think it would have been more of a problem had we been looking to sign him permanently. Of course should if flare up in the first two weeks it would be a waste of cash, but it may well be a longer term problem for him so wolves didnt want to take a gamble on say a 3 year contract.

[quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]BBCWolves would not take a risk on Gow after a medical revealed a "bio-mechanical" problem. Doesn''t this worry anyone???[/quote]

Not really as he is only on loan at present!  The bio-mechanical problem would just mean he will be more susceptible to injurys in the long run.

[/quote]My point being that if he has this problem do we really want another player fighting for a place only to go out with a injury that will send him back (Kennedy)?i don''t know this player but if you peeps on here think he''s worth the risk then so be it...just worries me us wasting money on another player with "risk factors"

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]BBC what? i''ve checked out the web sight and it''s just as before a possible loan move no actual confirmation.

good signing i think. He cant be too bad if Wlves who are top of the league were going to sign him. Good picece of business Norwich,let''s have a defender or two and maybe another striker. Hopefully Martin Taylor and Ched Evans

Come on you yellows!!!

[quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]
BBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

My point being that if he has this problem do we really want another player fighting for a place only to go out with a injury that will send him back (Kennedy)?
i don''t know this player but if you peeps on here think he''s worth the risk then so be it...just worries me us wasting money on another player with "risk factors"
[/quote]

To be honest i dont really know much about him, but he appears to have done a job at Blackpool so far this year. At a guess I would say most players have small bio-mechanical problems that may not cause an injury. Also any player has a chance of being injured anyway so personally I wouldnt be too worried about it just for the period of the potential loan deal.

[quote user="hoodace76"]

My point being that if he has this problem do we really want another player fighting for a place only to go out with a injury that will send him back (Kennedy)?
i don''t know this player but if you peeps on here think he''s worth the risk then so be it...just worries me us wasting money on another player with "risk factors"
[/quote]

Apparently it hasn''t been confirmed yet.

My main concern is that he''s being lined up as a replacement for Croft and/or Hoolahan (and/or A N Other).  To fritter away the proceeds from selling players on replacing them with yet more loanees would be totally unacceptable imo. 

[quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]BBCWolves would not take a risk on Gow after a medical revealed a "bio-mechanical" problem. Doesn''t this worry anyone???[/quote]

[/quote]My point being that if he has this problem do we really want another player fighting for a place only to go out with a injury that will send him back (Kennedy)?i don''t know this player but if you peeps on here think he''s worth the risk then so be it...just worries me us wasting money on another player with "risk factors"[/quote]

To be honest i dont really know much about him, but he appears to have done a job at Blackpool so far this year. At a guess I would say most players have small bio-mechanical problems that may not cause an injury. Also any player has a chance of being injured anyway so personally I wouldnt be too worried about it just for the period of the potential loan deal.

[/quote]

i think your right re loan, and i wasn''t attacking you re the injury thingy, just bit worried[:$]I thought Kennedy was going to be a bit of a saviour for us and was quite gutted when he had to go back...I just hope that the same thing doesnt happen with Gow and he plays great and then goes off injured

[quote user="hoodace76"]

My point being that if he has this problem do we really want another player fighting for a place only to go out with a injury that will send him back (Kennedy)?i don''t know this player but if you peeps on here think he''s worth the risk then so be it...just worries me us wasting money on another player with "risk factors"[/quote]

My main concern is that he''s being lined up as a replacement for Croft and/or Hoolahan (and/or A N Other).  To fritter away the proceeds from selling players on replacing them with yet more loanees would be totally unacceptable imo. 

[/quote]It hasn''t been confirmed as have just checked and....IMO also[:)] to your post[:)]

[quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="Philipo87"][quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]
BBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i think your right re loan, and i wasn''t attacking you re the injury thingy, just bit worried[:$]
I thought Kennedy was going to be a bit of a saviour for us and was quite gutted when he had to go back...
I just hope that the same thing doesnt happen with Gow and he plays great and then goes off injured
[/quote]

Yeh thats fine, I knew you wasnt attacking me! I wouldnt be too worried about it in the short term but obviously in the long run it may be an issue, depending on the problem.

[quote user="hoodace76"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed. I think this is paving the way for Croft''s departure.