Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

Odds

I know yr a fan, for obvious reasons, but im really getting worried about ince turnig up.to be fair my gut instinct tells me he probably isnt even in the shortlist, and he probs wouldnt want the job anyway.neither would i like holloway or dowie anywhere near carow rd.*prays[N]

it shows aidy boothroyd isnt a done deal as being mentioned if so then the odds on him would be more 1/6 with people bleeding the bookies dry

What do you reckon to Ince we8? Would you want him at Wolves if for the sake of argument, McCarthy was axed??

[quote user="Grif"]What do you reckon to Ince we8? Would you want him at Wolves if for the sake of argument, McCarthy was axed??[/quote]

yep, in december 07 when mccarthy was linked to south korea ince would been near the top of the list if not top. since then he completed grand job at mk dons and unhappy spell at blackburn

some jobs dont work out for manager just simple as that, same with paul jewell!

im not saying paul ince is the man to have, just saying you could do hell of a lot worse

I heard yesterdahey from a mate who works at the club (I know I know..) that the rumour at the ground is that the shortlist includes ''a current Premiership manager''...

Make of it what you will.  Worryingly all I can think it might be is Joe Kinnear...  which would be wack. 

Also my mate said that it wont be Bothroyd as ND cant stand him from when he was here before.  Apparently Doncaster is like an exited schoolboy since Roeder got the push.

[quote user="Dions Lightsaber"]

I heard yesterdahey from a mate who works at the club (I know I know..) that the rumour at the ground is that the shortlist includes ''a current Premiership manager''...

Make of it what you will.  Worryingly all I can think it might be is Joe Kinnear...  which would be wack. 

Also my mate said that it wont be Bothroyd as ND cant stand him from when he was here before.  Apparently Doncaster is like an exited schoolboy since Roeder got the push.

[/quote]I think it might be Rafa Benitez aslong as we give him full control of transfers ie. none

"Dions Lightsaber". It will probably be SCOTS PREMIER and Jimmy Calderwoods name springs to mind.

Could be... just thought the same after reading about Calderwood.  Chinese whispers and all that

Although Kinnear may have applied as he is not exactly secure at Newcastle... like I say, this is just what I heard so I am passing it on, I thought it seemed implausible when my mate told me!

We8wba - glad I gave you a laugh, I have a good laugh at most of your posts - your lack of any cogent argument, your failure to understand the basics of the English language and your inability to grasp that no-one cares about your darts match - I really admire the way you don''t allow small handicaps like this to hamper your activity on here.  Funny!

Latest from skybet.com

Interesting that Ince is favourite; given all the talk of a need for green and yellow to be already flowing through the veins....I''d put him closer to Robson''s chances personally. Still no mention of Hareide?

Yeah thats very wierd, I would have thought that Hareide was a good shout.

Hariede was a big mover today in from 25''s to 11''s ,probably doesn''t mean anything because the other big move today was Curbishley.

I believe the bookmakers do these things to throw people off the scent! I cannot see it being Ince and I remember Curbishley and Jewell being very short odds at stages last time before Roeder was installed!!I believe the board will go for a name that will be very popular with the fans this time due to there unpopularity. A appointment the fans will not be happy with will finish them this time!!I believe we are looking at a contest between:Curbishley- The board may just break the bank in one last ditch attempt to keep their stranglehold on the club? I believe last time we were told that Curbs and Delia were good friends. Curbs may want a better relationship with his boss than is likely at any current evil Prem Club regime!!Boothroyd with Malkay- I see this as the most likely selection and if Doncaster does not like him we may even get a bonus? with him leaving due to the appointment of Aidy!!!Crook- Was keen last time and would certainly fit the bleeds Yellow and Green scenario, would be a popular appointment with the fans!!Gunn- This for me would be a disastrous appointment, I like Gunn but his management credentials are nil. This would for me just show the fans that the board are skint and desperate!! I also cant think of a single goalkeeper that has become a good manager????!!!!I would be happy with any of these bar Gunn, but that is just my opinion as I believe once the honymoon period is over such as Redknapps at Spurs. We will find ourselves in a real relegation scrap with a man not up to the job that deserves better!!The man I would want but will not get the job is:Pardew- This man is still young and keen to impress, he built a great side at Reading which Coppell has taken all the Credit for!! He then did a great job at West Ham nearly winning them the FA Cup barring a last minute amazing Gerrard strike!! I feel he was pushed out at West Ham despite doing a great job in the Tevez and Mascherano debacle very unfairly by a laughable regime!! His job at Charlton was most likely a horror job that could not be completed by a miracle man? I am happy to be the club to give him the chance to prove himself again and build us a side on a budget as he done at Reading. For me he is the man for the job. But like I say I doubt he will get it therfore I am hoping for Curbishley!!

I''m not a betting man but I have just been told by a friend that Curbushley has shot ahead and some bookies are not taking any more bets on him.

If he is the man then i would absolutely delighted. I had not even considered him bearing mind the record of this board.

Can any of you keen gamblers confirm this

It is interesting that all the Bookmakers have closed there markets!!! I cannot find a single Bookie offering odds anymore. The appointment could be forthcoming shortly!!???

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I believe the bookmakers do these things to throw people off the scent! I cannot see it being Ince and I remember Curbishley and Jewell being very short odds at stages last time before Roeder was installed!!

I believe the board will go for a name that will be very popular with the fans this time due to there unpopularity. A appointment the fans will not be happy with will finish them this time!!

I believe we are looking at a contest between:

Curbishley- The board may just break the bank in one last ditch attempt to keep their stranglehold on the club? I believe last time we were told that Curbs and Delia were good friends. Curbs may want a better relationship with his boss than is likely at any current evil Prem Club regime!!

Boothroyd with Malkay- I see this as the most likely selection and if Doncaster does not like him we may even get a bonus? with him leaving due to the appointment of Aidy!!!

Crook- Was keen last time and would certainly fit the bleeds Yellow and Green scenario, would be a popular appointment with the fans!!

Gunn- This for me would be a disastrous appointment, I like Gunn but his management credentials are nil. This would for me just show the fans that the board are skint and desperate!! I also cant think of a single goalkeeper that has become a good manager????!!!!

I would be happy with any of these bar Gunn, but that is just my opinion as I believe once the honymoon period is over such as Redknapps at Spurs. We will find ourselves in a real relegation scrap with a man not up to the job that deserves better!!

The man I would want but will not get the job is:

Pardew- This man is still young and keen to impress, he built a great side at Reading which Coppell has taken all the Credit for!! He then did a great job at West Ham nearly winning them the FA Cup barring a last minute amazing Gerrard strike!! I feel he was pushed out at West Ham despite doing a great job in the Tevez and Mascherano debacle very unfairly by a laughable regime!! His job at Charlton was most likely a horror job that could not be completed by a miracle man? I am happy to be the club to give him the chance to prove himself again and build us a side on a budget as he done at Reading. For me he is the man for the job. But like I say I doubt he will get it therfore I am hoping for Curbishley!!

[/quote]

Oh God - not that damn Cook controlling all the vital decisions again!! That rumour is pretty strong I believe. All I will say is look what happened the last time she muscled in and appointed one of her ''friends''. If there has been strong movement in the market for Curbishley that is eerily reminiscent of October 2006 when the boy Grant came from nowhere almost overnight to land the job. Guess who was instrumental in having him installed! 

Suddenly all the euphoria from Saturday is vanishing fast. I have nothing against Curbishley as such but I DO object to these personal friendships carrying such weight in dictating the vital decisions in our clubs history. Who had to be dargged kicking and screaming to accept Hamiltons'' resignation and finally kill off the Worthy reign? Yep - the Cook!!