Sign in to follow this  
City Turn Around 2009

We want your views and support for an Ex player consortium

well I suggest if you want what is best for the club, you reconsider because clearly this has not gone down too well with the posters in here, more arguments between fans than serious answers have been given.

You either need to restructure your marketing scheme or start answering the questions people are asking you.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]In answer to your question why come on here? Its called doing research, this is the biggest Norwich site, with the biggest membership, and one of the most active football message boards in the country.

What else are we to do to gauge fans reaction to the takeover?

This is not a wind-up, its a real proposal that will happen with your vocal support. As for Delia, she does not wish to sell so this is the only way forward.[/quote]You have come on here asking for support. Tell us then, what we are supporting i.e PC offered £20m which wasn''t enough. How much are you offering?

to be perfectly honest I don''t think you''ve done much research at all... biggest and most active forum in the country... if you did your research I imagine 20% of all the posts on here are taken seriously. The other 80% is insults, mockery, arguments and petty behavior.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]well I suggest if you want what is best for the club, you reconsider because clearly this has not gone down too well with the posters in here, more arguments between fans than serious answers have been given.

You either need to restructure your marketing scheme or start answering the questions people are asking you.[/quote]Agreed, I think, reading through, that the general consensus if this was a genuine offer is that it everyone would be interested.  Everyone needs to know A LOT more though.

if your serious ,  and you went public im fairly sure you would get more support than you could shake a stick at..

if its a wind up , then i cant see why you would want to waste your time doing it, if your serious i would shake your hand.

well said singing canary. As much as the old excuse of we need fan support is thrown at us, it just simply won''t work on here.

If you are indeed serious then i suggest you do some more research and realize that when something goes public in the press, fans queue up to support it. When the Cullum saga was in the papers, the amount of fans wanting it to happen to get Delia out was stronger than I imagined on this forum and elsewhere.

Take it public and the fans will flock around you, this is almost guaranteed

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Excellent reply NY-Canary, why on earth such a consortium would come onto the pink-un forums, with any consortium rep with their head screwed on knowing the majority of posters on here are wind up merchants and people who don''t take the club seriously, really does baffle me. There are clear signs of a wind up, with reliable posters on here beginning to ask serious questions this guy has gone silent whilst some of you sit arguing amongst yourselves.[/quote]

In answer to your question why come on here? Its called doing research, this is the biggest Norwich site, with the biggest membership, and one of the most active football message boards in the country.

This is not a wind-up, its a real proposal that will happen with your vocal support. As for Delia, she does not wish to sell so this is the only way forward.

[/quote]

If you are for real you will have no problems getting the support you need, I think most people recognise that Delia has done her time here although there are still one or two who think that if she stays everything will be wonderful. Go to the press and outline your proposals and if the fans will do the rest if they are acceptable.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]well said singing canary. As much as the old excuse of we need fan support is thrown at us, it just simply won''t work on here.

If you are indeed serious then i suggest you do some more research and realize that when something goes public in the press, fans queue up to support it. When the Cullum saga was in the papers, the amount of fans wanting it to happen to get Delia out was stronger than I imagined on this forum and elsewhere.

Take it public and the fans will flock around you, this is almost guaranteed[/quote]I''m more convinced now than before, because he''s had the chance to respond by coming back on here so it doesn''t matter anyway does it Lincs, it''s a WIND UP

It would seem from the views of most of you that coming on here was a mistake, I can understand that you need details, but that is out of the question whilst plans are ongoing.

I would like to make it clear to you all that we will move this on as quickly as we can, and outlines will be released to the press ASAP.

Thanks everyone

It would seem from the views of most of you that coming on here was a mistake, I can understand that you need details, but that is out of the question whilst plans are ongoing.

I would like to make it clear to you all that we will move this on as quickly as we can, and outlines will be released to the press ASAP.

Thanks everyone

[/quote]Well if we see you in the paper soon I apologise...Otherwise look forward to your next wind up Gordon.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Excellent reply NY-Canary, why on earth such a consortium would come onto the pink-un forums, with any consortium rep with their head screwed on knowing the majority of posters on here are wind up merchants and people who don''t take the club seriously, really does baffle me. There are clear signs of a wind up, with reliable posters on here beginning to ask serious questions this guy has gone silent whilst some of you sit arguing amongst yourselves.[/quote]

In answer to your question why come on here? Its called doing research, this is the biggest Norwich site, with the biggest membership, and one of the most active football message boards in the country.

This is not a wind-up, its a real proposal that will happen with your vocal support. As for Delia, she does not wish to sell so this is the only way forward.

[/quote]

You have still taken a bit of a risk in posting what you have on here though. If you''ve read this site before, then surely you must realise why other posters have accused you of being a wind up merchant. We''ve seen so many of these on here in the past it''s untrue.

I would agree to a takeover in principle, but I would want to know exactly what your intentions are and when you would intend for this to go through. No Marcus Evans-type mystery figure here please, I would want to know exactly what you all look like.

That''s if you definitely aren''t a leg puller of course.

Thanks everyone

[/quote]You could say ROUGHLY how much money you are prepared to put in!

Thanks everyone

[/quote]What made you change your mind on that one? IIRC you earlier said you didn''t want to tell the press yet or words to that effect.And also,PROVE YOURSELF!If you spend the time setting up a website or something like that, it will make it a little more believable.Prove to everybody that it isn''t a wind up;Otherwise, shut the door on your way out.

I for one apologize now if I see this in the papers soon however without even a basic explanation of what this consortium will offer apart from "ex players" and getting rid of Delia, then sadly this won''t work on here.

I would love this to be true however under obvious circumstances it is very hard to believe, and I am certain if we were in opposite roles here Turn Around 2009, you would feel exactly the same if you loved the club as much as I.

All the best

However I have to agree with Ciderkidd, surely making a website at the time of announcing it to the public would be a good idea...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Thanks everyone

[/quote]You could say ROUGHLY how much money you are prepared to put in![/quote]

£20 million player budget, this is exclusive of buy out costs.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Thanks everyone

[/quote]You could say ROUGHLY how much money you are prepared to put in![/quote]

[/quote]So exactly the same as Cullum....come on CTA you''re on a wind up aren''t you!

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Thanks everyone

[/quote]Sounds reasonable and fair to me. So why does it have to be "hostile" then?

[quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Thanks everyone

[/quote]
What made you change your mind on that one? IIRC you earlier said you didn''t want to tell the press yet or words to that effect.
And also,
PROVE YOURSELF!

If you spend the time setting up a website or something like that, it will make it a little more believable.
Prove to everybody that it isn''t a wind up;
Otherwise, shut the door on your way out.
[/quote]

Agreed.

CTA2009, if you do prove that you are truthful then I shall apologise.

[quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Thanks everyone

[/quote]
What made you change your mind on that one? IIRC you earlier said you didn''t want to tell the press yet or words to that effect.
And also,
PROVE YOURSELF!

If you spend the time setting up a website or something like that, it will make it a little more believable.
[/quote]

I said we didn''t want to go to the press yet, but we would hope to be able to in around three weeks.

As for a website, it is not in our plans as yet, the important thing is moving things along in the real world not cyber-space.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Titanic"]

Because despite what Delia states SHE DOES NOT want to sell  up. As I''ve stated previously anyone taken in by her ''good old Delia'' persona are mugs.

[/quote]
As are people who blindly believe ridiculous wind-ups, eh Titanic?
[/quote]

If you check my previous comments on the thread I have not stated if I believe that it is a wind up or not or if I believe it to be true. But Delia doe not want to sell, that''s why Cullum moved on.

[/quote]

Could you provide evidence to back up such a definitive statement? Genuine question as I am trying to keep an open mind until I have access to enough facts to be able to make an informed judgement.

[/quote]

By the criteria Delia set for any purchaser, local born and genuinely interested in the club. Not many multi millionaires with a few million to spare in Norfolk fitting the description but when one did step forward she backed down and didn''t sell.

[/quote]

That''s not entirely true is it, because when Cullum then went back to the press in the summer she offered the club to him for a price.  Maybe it was unrealistic, but she offered it.  Cullum is not the saviour people make him out to be, if he really truly wanted to invest in the club then I am sure a deal would have been struck by now.
[/quote]

And Delia Smith isn''t the saviour that some still seem to think she is.

[/quote]

I was merely looking at the other side of the debate.
[/quote]

There''s another side? Don''t tell Smudge![:P]

What a crock of shite,as if anyone serious about a takeover would announce it on here.This site is filled with kids,trolls and muppets.In my view less than 25% of posters on here can be taken seriously.Most people read this forum for a good laugh and nothing else,hence the cult status of the likes of smudger and we8wba.Get real get a life and grow up!

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Thanks everyone

[/quote]
And also,
PROVE YOURSELF!

[/quote]

I said we didn''t want to go to the press yet, but we would hope to be able to in around three weeks.

As for a website, it is not in our plans as yet, the important thing is moving things along in the real world not cyber-space.

[/quote]

But you thought it would be a good idea to float your idea on a forum attached to a newspaper group with a track record of running stories based on posts on that forum? I can''t believe that even those who still believe in Cullum can continue to buy this garbage!

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Thanks everyone

[/quote]What made you change your mind on that one? IIRC you earlier said you didn''t want to tell the press yet or words to that effect.And also,PROVE YOURSELF!If you spend the time setting up a website or something like that, it will make it a little more believable.Prove to everybody that it isn''t a wind up;Otherwise, shut the door on your way out.[/quote]

[/quote]Well in any case you still need to prove your validity and reputability.Over to you.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]As I have said many times Delia will not give the club up, and that is a fact. We are prepared for a fight[/quote]You haven''t said that many times on here, that is only post No.12 unless you are someone else???

If you KNOW she won''t sell, you must have made an offer in which case she is legally obliged to inform all the shareholders.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

But however much pressure the fans put on them it does not mean that they have to sell up. In a business sense I thought the only ones who could put pressure on the majority shareholders would be the other shareholders? In that case could the collective minority shareholders use corporate law to force them to sell?

[/quote]Delia S. Tickers, as this bit a Friday fun winds down, the short answer is almost certainly not, although you would need a real expert in corporate law to give you a definitive reply. Majority shareholders (such as Smith and Jones) have a fiduciary duty or responsibility to safeguard the interest of minority shareholders (such as myself), but - again - this more normally applies to listed companies.It is I suppose possible that Smith and Jones could be ordered to sell if the minority shareholders could convince a judge they had acted totally unreasonably in rejecting an offer, but I suspect this is a highly, highly unlikely scenario, and not one worth putting any money on.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]As I have said many times Delia will not give the club up, and that is a fact. We are prepared for a fight[/quote]

Then why did she hire Keith Harris?

City Turn Around 2009 wrote the following post at 09/01/2009 12:52 PM:

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year

We are after something from you, and that is your support in plans for a consortium based bid to take over the club

do it now......behind you all the way.