Sign in to follow this  
City Turn Around 2009

We want your views and support for an Ex player consortium

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

But however much pressure the fans put on them it does not mean that they have to sell up. In a business sense I thought the only ones who could put pressure on the majority shareholders would be the other shareholders? In that case could the collective minority shareholders use corporate law to force them to sell?

[/quote]

Delia S. Tickers, as this bit a Friday fun winds down, the short answer is almost certainly not, although you would need a real expert in corporate law to give you a definitive reply. Majority shareholders (such as Smith and Jones) have a fiduciary duty or responsibility to safeguard the interest of minority shareholders (such as myself), but - again - this more normally applies to listed companies.

It is I suppose possible that Smith and Jones could be ordered to sell if the minority shareholders could convince a judge they had acted totally unreasonably in rejecting an offer, but I suspect this is a highly, highly unlikely scenario, and not one worth putting any money on.

[/quote]

You are 100% correct on this.The impact of private equity has led to the widespread use of leaks to bring negotiations into the public arena as a means of putting pressure on majority shareholders, but to make this work the consortium would have to put an offer on the table in the first place (or at least leak the details of one).I can''t see a way in which they could push this through against Delia''s will unless there was a massive shift in fan opinion.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

It would seem from the views of most of you that coming on here was a mistake, I can understand that you need details, but that is out of the question whilst plans are ongoing.

I would like to make it clear to you all that we will move this on as quickly as we can, and outlines will be released to the press ASAP.

Thanks everyone

[/quote]
What made you change your mind on that one? IIRC you earlier said you didn''t want to tell the press yet or words to that effect.
And also,
PROVE YOURSELF!

If you spend the time setting up a website or something like that, it will make it a little more believable.
Prove to everybody that it isn''t a wind up;
Otherwise, shut the door on your way out.
[/quote]

I said we didn''t want to go to the press yet, but we would hope to be able to in around three weeks.

As for a website, it is not in our plans as yet, the important thing is moving things along in the real world not cyber-space.

[/quote]

Sorry but when the same £20 million figure is written down my eyes start rolling, my tongue starts lolling and I twitch all over.  Then you say you don''t want to do it in cyberspace - then why come on here?  Still that statement at least allows you to back out quietly.  However the pattern of your replies confirms the wind up element.  Start out with a few non-attributable statements, then when you get challenged, rather than sticking to a party line denial, you start giving all sorts of information in one off replies.  A wind up of the highest order - I find you guilty sir, as charged!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

But however much pressure the fans put on them it does not mean that they have to sell up. In a business sense I thought the only ones who could put pressure on the majority shareholders would be the other shareholders? In that case could the collective minority shareholders use corporate law to force them to sell?

[/quote]

Delia S. Tickers, as this bit a Friday fun winds down, the short answer is almost certainly not, although you would need a real expert in corporate law to give you a definitive reply. Majority shareholders (such as Smith and Jones) have a fiduciary duty or responsibility to safeguard the interest of minority shareholders (such as myself), but - again - this more normally applies to listed companies.

It is I suppose possible that Smith and Jones could be ordered to sell if the minority shareholders could convince a judge they had acted totally unreasonably in rejecting an offer, but I suspect this is a highly, highly unlikely scenario, and not one worth putting any money on.

[/quote]

You are 100% correct on this.The impact of private equity has led to the widespread use of leaks to bring negotiations into the public arena as a means of putting pressure on majority shareholders, but to make this work the consortium would have to put an offer on the table in the first place (or at least leak the details of one).I can''t see a way in which they could push this through against Delia''s will unless there was a massive shift in fan opinion.

[/quote]

I wonder what the percentage of the NCFC stockholders and not just the shareholders think? Is Delia determined to also protect whatever the stockholders interests are in the club? Is it why they continued to sacrifice the squad for off the field interests?......Is it why Cullum was allegedly given a short, sharp shrift snub?.....What role has the CE actually played in all this.....I wouldn''t be surprised that if someone came to the club for a takeover, they would prefer to appoint their own CE - and therefore, our current CE would probably be shown the door. Was he protecting his position?.....We do possess a small clique of a Board of Directors, which has seen very little change since the demise of Chase, and Mr Doncaster has risen from legal adviser to CE and then a Director and Mr Turner was going to keep a watchful eye on him (who''s he answerable to now?).....I think change (ideally a total clear-out) is vital within the current club hierarchy, and tantamount to the recovery and future progression, of this floundering club.....

I''d love to see change and a new owner......can''t see it occurring soon though....

[quote user="we are rubbish"]What a crock of shite,as if anyone serious about a takeover would announce it on here.This site is filled with kids,trolls and muppets.In my view less than 25% of posters on here can be taken seriously.Most people read this forum for a good laugh and nothing else,hence the cult status of the likes of smudger and we8wba.Get real get a life and grow up![/quote]

Why thanks love you too,what forum would you suggest i use that isn''t full of kids,trolls and muppets?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder what the percentage of the NCFC stockholders and not just the shareholders think? Is Delia determined to also protect whatever the stockholders interests are in the club? Is it why they continued to sacrifice the squad for off the field interests?......Is it why Cullum was allegedly given a short, sharp shrift snub?.....What role has the CE actually played in all this.....I wouldn''t be surprised that if someone came to the club for a takeover, they would prefer to appoint their own CE - and therefore, our current CE would probably be shown the door. Was he protecting his position?.....We do possess a small clique of a Board of Directors, which has seen very little change since the demise of Chase, and Mr Doncaster has risen from legal adviser to CE and then a Director and Mr Turner was going to keep a watchful eye on him (who''s he answerable to now?).....I think change (ideally a total clear-out) is vital within the current club hierarchy, and tantamount to the recovery and future progression, of this floundering club.....

I''d love to see change and a new owner......can''t see it occurring soon though....

[/quote]

I agree on both points. I see no way of breaking the cycle of mediocrity (or worse) without significant cash injection and a more football focussed strategy. Much as I appreciate what Delia has done I find it hard to see how either of those things can be achieved while she is in charge as any significant new investor would, quite rightly, expect a commensurate degree of control.  We need a white knight  but I see no clouds of dust on the horizon.

[quote user="Titanic"]As a life long city fan I want the best for MY club not the boards or Rodents, they are just custodians of MY club. So go for it you would have my support.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!

Our clubs in a terrible state what with a tired board and a totally inept manager who the board are scared to get rid of cause of the pay off they''d have to pay him.

We need a board able to offer more finance and general ''umpth'' than the present lot and anyone that could do that as well as have love for the club would be brilliant!

Hucks and his mate Carl Moore spring to mind and I''ve heaard this rumour ages ago!

Roeder out!

1.  Would I support a genuine, properly funded consortium with properly thought out plans that carried out its business in a proper and open manner (regardless of whether it involved a popular ex player)?   Of course.

2.  Would I support a proposal that our beloved club be the subject of a "hostile" takeover by persons unknown fronted by a undisclosed player with an undisclosed source and amount of funding and undisclosed plans that conducts its business in a cloak and dagger manner on internet message boards?  No.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

As for a website, it is not in our plans as yet, the important thing is moving things along in the real world not cyber-space.

[/quote]If the important thing is moving things along in the real world, not "cyber-space", why are you conducting your business on an internet message board?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]

If the important thing is moving things along in the real world, not "cyber-space", why are you conducting your business on an internet message board?

[/quote]

The flippant disregard for "cyber-space" reaffirms my assumption that this person is a Troll of the highest order - probably, as has been suggested, the infamous GNG.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

Because despite what Delia states SHE DOES NOT want to sell  up. As I''ve stated previously anyone taken in by her ''good old Delia'' persona are mugs.

[/quote]

You don''t know that because no one has ever offered to buy the Club.

[/quote]

And as a matter of balance DST............you don''t know that.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

So you have links within the club then?  Or maybe with PC?

[/quote]

So DST do you have links within the club then or maybe with PC?

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]As I have said many times Delia will not give the club up, and that is a fact. We are prepared for a fight[/quote]

Then why did she hire Keith Harris?

[/quote]

Keith Harris has said publicly that he is looking for investment but not a buyer. 

I''m truly shocked that people are not taking this totally seriously! This is obviously a comprehensively thought-out plan with a cast-iron, rock-solid guarantee from CTA2009. To whit:"20 million player budget, this is exclusive of buy out costs.""Exclusive" of buy-out costs, note. Not the wussy £20m INCLUSIVE of buy-outs costs such as debt and shares that Cullum never actually offered. This is £20m once all those tedious extras have been paid for. Wow!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="shefcanary"]1.   Hello Darren and Carl - get on with it[/quote]
If only...
[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking [:)]

[/quote]

Hucks might even let you be his secretary....!

Attention seeking binner on a wind up! How can you be expected to be taken seriously? Hostile takeovers don''t usually involve ''vocal support from the fans!'' Can''t you just offer the majority shareholders something they can''t refuse? Of course not - because you are a binner on a wind up!

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]As I have said many times Delia will not give the club up, and that is a fact. We are prepared for a fight[/quote]

Then why did she hire Keith Harris?

[/quote]

To try and find some mug to put a couple of million in to paper over the cracks so she can hang on to power, anyone who is prepared to put serious money in wouldn''t trust this lot to spend it in the right areas. They''d want a big say in how the club is run, even though I''m sceptical of the poster of this thread I could cetainly believe that she doesn''t want to sell and that''s why a hostile takeover could be necessary to get her out.

[quote user="CT "]While the fans arent involved in takeovers any potential buyer would want the support of the fans.

Hucks and Carl Moore anyone?
They both love the club and arent exactly poor....
[/quote]

And another little fishy takes the bait.[;)][:D]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[quote user="CT "]While the fans arent involved in takeovers any potential buyer would want the support of the fans.

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol This is the best thread this year

I cant wait for us to start spending this 20 mil in jan [:$]

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol This is the best thread this year

I cant wait for us to start spending this 20 mil in jan [:$]

[/quote]

We should buy David Beckham he would sell some shirts

City Turn Around 2009 wrote:

but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  playerIt may not be as daft as some people think.......there is an ex NCFC player who was, until he resigned, owner and Chairman of a local East Anglian club in Cambridge United.He is a reasonably wealthy man due to his business acumen, acquired after he quit football, and has been looking for a bigger fish.....remember LEE POWER!

[quote user="shyster"]You people should really sit down and take a good look at yourselves.

It''s embarrassing.
[/quote]

Very true. As if people believing rumours regarding Ameobi, Fuller, etc wasn''t enough. This is simply ridiculous.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="shyster"]You people should really sit down and take a good look at yourselves.It''s embarrassing.[/quote]

Very true. As if people believing rumours regarding Ameobi, Fuller, etc wasn''t enough. This is simply ridiculous.

[/quote]To be fair, if both of you actually read through the thread, there isn''t many who actually believe this is true.