Sign in to follow this  
City Turn Around 2009

We want your views and support for an Ex player consortium

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Titanic"]

Because despite what Delia states SHE DOES NOT want to sell  up. As I''ve stated previously anyone taken in by her ''good old Delia'' persona are mugs.

[/quote]
As are people who blindly believe ridiculous wind-ups, eh Titanic?
[/quote]

If you check my previous comments on the thread I have not stated if I believe that it is a wind up or not or if I believe it to be true. But Delia doe not want to sell, that''s why Cullum moved on.

[/quote]

Could you provide evidence to back up such a definitive statement? Genuine question as I am trying to keep an open mind until I have access to enough facts to be able to make an informed judgement.

[/quote]

By the criteria Delia set for any purchaser, local born and genuinely interested in the club. Not many multi millionaires with a few million to spare in Norfolk fitting the description but when one did step forward she backed down and didn''t sell.

[/quote]

That''s not entirely true is it, because when Cullum then went back to the press in the summer she offered the club to him for a price.  Maybe it was unrealistic, but she offered it.  Cullum is not the saviour people make him out to be, if he really truly wanted to invest in the club then I am sure a deal would have been struck by now.
[/quote]

And at an unrealistic price. She also attempted to make Cullum finance the deal her way. This isn''t my comment but Cullum replied something to the effect of'' ''Delia''s attempting to tell me how to finance the deal'' when he works in the financial sector. She has to either put up or shut up because when her bluff was called she stepped back. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Plus what Mr Harris had to say on talk sport that the club were seeking new investment and not new buyers.

[:S]

[/quote]What''s the problem with that though?  I know people don''t necessarily like Delia, but she is a good figurehead to have, and has brought the club more revenue through other means.  This is also not to everyone''s taste but, it does bring money into the football club (please don''t start a debate about all that now)!  I know that apparently Delia turned down £20m of Cullum''s money in return for new shares, but whats to say she hasn''t had a change of heart and is looking for exactly that now.  Therefore leaving her at the club, but not with a new owner.At the end of the day, all we want to see really is more money into the club, there are those who want revolution, and those who have been brainwashed (CT), but I believe that the consensus would be that money is everyone''s main ambition.

[quote user="Titanic"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Titanic"]

Because despite what Delia states SHE DOES NOT want to sell  up. As I''ve stated previously anyone taken in by her ''good old Delia'' persona are mugs.

[/quote]As are people who blindly believe ridiculous wind-ups, eh Titanic?[/quote]

If you check my previous comments on the thread I have not stated if I believe that it is a wind up or not or if I believe it to be true. But Delia doe not want to sell, that''s why Cullum moved on.

[/quote]

Could you provide evidence to back up such a definitive statement? Genuine question as I am trying to keep an open mind until I have access to enough facts to be able to make an informed judgement.

[/quote]

By the criteria Delia set for any purchaser, local born and genuinely interested in the club. Not many multi millionaires with a few million to spare in Norfolk fitting the description but when one did step forward she backed down and didn''t sell.

[/quote]That''s not entirely true is it, because when Cullum then went back to the press in the summer she offered the club to him for a price.  Maybe it was unrealistic, but she offered it.  Cullum is not the saviour people make him out to be, if he really truly wanted to invest in the club then I am sure a deal would have been struck by now.[/quote]

And at an unrealistic price. She also attempted to make Cullum finance the deal her way. This isn''t my comment but Cullum replied something to the effect of'' ''Delia''s attempting to tell me how to finance the deal'' when he works in the financial sector. She has to either put up or shut up because when her bluff was called she stepped back. 

[/quote]And Cullum came at her through the press, and she has every right to make Cullum finance the deal her way, she owns the club.  I am sure Cullum would go out to get as much as he could if he was selling one of this companies.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Plus what Mr Harris had to say on talk sport that the club were seeking new investment and not new buyers.

[/quote]

What''s the problem with that though?  I know people don''t necessarily like Delia, but she is a good figurehead to have, and has brought the club more revenue through other means.  This is also not to everyone''s taste but, it does bring money into the football club (please don''t start a debate about all that now)!  I know that apparently Delia turned down £20m of Cullum''s money in return for new shares, but whats to say she hasn''t had a change of heart and is looking for exactly that now.  Therefore leaving her at the club, but not with a new owner.

At the end of the day, all we want to see really is more money into the club, there are those who want revolution, and those who have been brainwashed (CT), but I believe that the consensus would be that money is everyone''s main ambition.
[/quote]

And who said there was a problem with it? [:^)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]What''s the problem with that though?  I know people don''t necessarily like Delia, but she is a good figurehead to have, and has brought the club more revenue through other means.  This is also not to everyone''s taste but, it does bring money into the football club (please don''t start a debate about all that now)!  I know that apparently Delia turned down £20m of Cullum''s money in return for new shares, but whats to say she hasn''t had a change of heart and is looking for exactly that now.  Therefore leaving her at the club, but not with a new owner.At the end of the day, all we want to see really is more money into the club, there are those who want revolution, and those who have been brainwashed (CT), but I believe that the consensus would be that money is everyone''s main ambition.[/quote]

[/quote]Er, maybe the [:S] at the end of your post???!

Is it Lee Power?

Sorry but even if this was legit the old gal has already chased Cullum (self made billionaire who used to sell sweets outside the ground to get money for a ticket) off, so there''s not much chance for you.

Within ten years this club will just be a Catholic retreat. "No ball games" signs will be up.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

What''s the problem with that though?  I know people don''t necessarily like Delia, but she is a good figurehead to have, and has brought the club more revenue through other means.  This is also not to everyone''s taste but, it does bring money into the football club (please don''t start a debate about all that now)!  I know that apparently Delia turned down £20m of Cullum''s money in return for new shares, but whats to say she hasn''t had a change of heart and is looking for exactly that now.  Therefore leaving her at the club, but not with a new owner.

At the end of the day, all we want to see really is more money into the club, there are those who want revolution, and those who have been brainwashed (CT), but I believe that the consensus would be that money is everyone''s main ambition.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Er, maybe the [:S] at the end of your post???!
[/quote]

Think you''ve jumped to conclusions there a little, but never mind.  It was a tongue tied smiley, which means there ain''t a lot more can be said.

But seeing as i''m on a roll..................

If the club is up for sale then why didn''t Mr Harris say it''s still up for sale, but fresh investment is still welcomed by the NCFC board?

Either the club is up for sale or it isn''t.

After all I thought that''s what Mr Harris was employed to do, find new buyers. 

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

Is it Lee Power?

Sorry but even if this was legit the old gal has already chased Cullum (self made billionaire who used to sell sweets outside the ground to get money for a ticket) off, so there''s not much chance for you.

Within ten years this club will just be a Catholic retreat. "No ball games" signs will be up.

[/quote]

Wasn''t Lee mentioned as being part of the Luton town consortium?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]What''s the problem with that though?  I know people don''t necessarily like Delia, but she is a good figurehead to have, and has brought the club more revenue through other means.  This is also not to everyone''s taste but, it does bring money into the football club (please don''t start a debate about all that now)!  I know that apparently Delia turned down £20m of Cullum''s money in return for new shares, but whats to say she hasn''t had a change of heart and is looking for exactly that now.  Therefore leaving her at the club, but not with a new owner.At the end of the day, all we want to see really is more money into the club, there are those who want revolution, and those who have been brainwashed (CT), but I believe that the consensus would be that money is everyone''s main ambition.[/quote]

[/quote]Er, maybe the [:S] at the end of your post???![/quote]

Think you''ve jumped to conclusions there a little, but never mind.  It was a tongue tied smiley, which means there ain''t a lot more can be said.

But seeing as i''m on a roll..................

If the club is up for sale then why didn''t Mr Harris say it''s still up for sale, but fresh investment is still welcomed by the NCFC board?

Either the club is up for sale or it isn''t.

After all I thought that''s what Mr Harris was employed to do, find new buyers. 

[/quote]Fair enough, it is listed as something else on this site, but it usually means worried or confused.Perhaps he has recognised, and the board also, that in the current economic climate, a buyer will just simply not be appearing anytime soon, especially for a middle of nowhere (in comparison to London) Championship club.  So therefore they are both just focusing on getting in new investment.

Is it Lee Power?

[/quote]

Oh dear. Lee Power. Wasn’t he the one that was banned from driving, then was spotted by the Police driving his sponsored car, which had his name on the side of it?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]Perhaps the "accountant" types on here could clarify what''s involved in a Hostile Takeover? I believed that it was a group that wished to purchase a company putting pressure on shareholders to either oust the directors or sell the shares to them. In our case I believe that Delia and MWJ own a majority shareholding thus making a Hostile takeover impossible if they do not want to sell. Additionally, i believe that the "hostility" in Hostile takeover comes from the purchasing group and disgruntled (or greedy) shareholders not from the customers (fans) of the company. That''s my take on it but I am willing to be educated by those in the know.[/quote]

That''s pretty much correct. Our (bogus) correspondent  responded to something similar being thrown up earlier in the thread by changing his tune and stating that in this case hostile means getting the  the fans to force Delia & Michael to give their shares to the consortium for nothing,which has convinced me even further that he''s a troll.

[/quote]I originally asked the question about what the original correspondent meant by a hostile takeover, mainly as a test of his or her credibility. The point is that hostile takeovers more normally occur with companies that have a listed share price. Then the corporate raider can use the share price as a weapon to force an unwilling majority shareholder to give in.With NCFC, whose shares are not listed, that weapon is not available. Effectively, unless things get desperate (close-to-administration desperate) any consortium can only gain control in one of two ways:1. Persuade Smith and Jones the deal on offer is a good one.2. Failing that, go public with a detailed plans, complete with cast-iron guarantees on all sorts of things, and so persuade the fans (which means more than a vocal minority) that Smith and Jones are unreasonably turning down a good deal, and so put unstoppable pressure on Smith and Jones to sell up.

[quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

You don''t know that because no one has ever offered to buy the Club.

Is it Lee Power?

[/quote]

....either that, or white smoke will be rising out of Carrow Road indicating a new Pope is in place.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]Perhaps the "accountant" types on here could clarify what''s involved in a Hostile Takeover? I believed that it was a group that wished to purchase a company putting pressure on shareholders to either oust the directors or sell the shares to them. In our case I believe that Delia and MWJ own a majority shareholding thus making a Hostile takeover impossible if they do not want to sell. Additionally, i believe that the "hostility" in Hostile takeover comes from the purchasing group and disgruntled (or greedy) shareholders not from the customers (fans) of the company. That''s my take on it but I am willing to be educated by those in the know.[/quote]

That''s pretty much correct. Our (bogus) correspondent  responded to something similar being thrown up earlier in the thread by changing his tune and stating that in this case hostile means getting the  the fans to force Delia & Michael to give their shares to the consortium for nothing,which has convinced me even further that he''s a troll.

[/quote]

I originally asked the question about what the original correspondent meant by a hostile takeover, mainly as a test of his or her credibility. The point is that hostile takeovers more normally occur with companies that have a listed share price. Then the corporate raider can use the share price as a weapon to force an unwilling majority shareholder to give in.

With NCFC, whose shares are not listed, that weapon is not available. Effectively, unless things get desperate (close-to-administration desperate) any consortium can only gain control in one of two ways:

1. Persuade Smith and Jones the deal on offer is a good one.

2. Failing that, go public with a detailed plans, complete with cast-iron guarantees on all sorts of things, and so persuade the fans (which means more than a vocal minority) that Smith and Jones are unreasonably turning down a good deal, and so put unstoppable pressure on Smith and Jones to sell up.

[/quote]

But however much pressure the fans put on them it does not mean that they have to sell up. In a business sense I thought the only ones who could put pressure on the majority shareholders would be the other shareholders? In that case could the collective minority shareholders use corporate law to force them to sell?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

Is it Lee Power?

[/quote]

....either that, or white smoke will be rising out of Carrow Road indicating a new Pope is in place.

[/quote]

......or the waving of white flags from the boardroom at Carrow Road indicating that ''No Hope'' is still in place..... 

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And as a matter of balance DST............you don''t know that.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

So you have links within the club then?  Or maybe with PC?

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Er, yes I do.

[/quote]

As a matter of interest DST, how do you know that ?

I won''t hold my breath...

I''m too lazy to rwadt through the entire thread so apologies if someone has already said this:

The Pinkun forums could be the worst possible place to reveal potential new ownership "in the form of a hostile takeover."  If this is legit, which I don''t think it is, then the manner in which this consortium conducts its business makes me shudder.  Posting cryptic speculation on these boards serves only to rile up a fanbase desparate for some change. If it is a wind-up, then its another instance of this board''s further deterioration since the moderation was scrapped and the free for all with board names began. 

Excellent reply NY-Canary, why on earth such a consortium would come onto the pink-un forums, with any consortium rep with their head screwed on knowing the majority of posters on here are wind up merchants and people who don''t take the club seriously, really does baffle me.

There are clear signs of a wind up, with reliable posters on here beginning to ask serious questions this guy has gone silent whilst some of you sit arguing amongst yourselves.

If there was mass hostility from the terraces ie: chanting Delia out I don''t think she would hang around for to long if she knew she wasn''t wanted. I''m pretty sure that if this was true and there was a consortium willing to take over and pump money into the club and Delia was resisting fan pressure would ensure it would happen in the end.

1. In principle yes subject to the caveat at 2 below.

2. I assume the key word here is "fronted" by an ex player which appears to be a common tactic used by consortiums looking to take over football clubs presumably as they are more likely to be accepted by the fans quickly than some faceless businessman. presumably therefore the real money behind it would come from others and, if so, it would depend who those others are.

3. Further to comments above I know very few fans who do not want Delia and Michael to step aside. Fans may be split on whether they are prepared to drum them out or not but I don''t agree with the statement above that many fans would still "back them to the hilt."

4. It probably would need to be a "hostile" takeover because to be viable it will probably place a lower value on the shareholding than it appears our owners have!

5. As for the person saying our current owners are personally guaranteeing £20m worth of debt that is simply not true. Given the change of control clauses that it appears we have though any consortium would presumably have to do a deal with the banks to enable the loans to continue. Delia and MWJ have however put in the loans as you say .

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]
As are people who blindly believe ridiculous wind-ups, eh Titanic?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not entirely true is it, because when Cullum then went back to the press in the summer she offered the club to him for a price.  Maybe it was unrealistic, but she offered it.  Cullum is not the saviour people make him out to be, if he really truly wanted to invest in the club then I am sure a deal would have been struck by now.
[/quote]

And Delia Smith isn''t the saviour that some still seem to think she is.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Titanic"]

[/quote]As are people who blindly believe ridiculous wind-ups, eh Titanic?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]That''s not entirely true is it, because when Cullum then went back to the press in the summer she offered the club to him for a price.  Maybe it was unrealistic, but she offered it.  Cullum is not the saviour people make him out to be, if he really truly wanted to invest in the club then I am sure a deal would have been struck by now.[/quote]

And Delia Smith isn''t the saviour that some still seem to think she is.

[/quote]I was merely looking at the other side of the debate.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Excellent reply NY-Canary, why on earth such a consortium would come onto the pink-un forums, with any consortium rep with their head screwed on knowing the majority of posters on here are wind up merchants and people who don''t take the club seriously, really does baffle me. There are clear signs of a wind up, with reliable posters on here beginning to ask serious questions this guy has gone silent whilst some of you sit arguing amongst yourselves.[/quote]

In answer to your question why come on here? Its called doing research, this is the biggest Norwich site, with the biggest membership, and one of the most active football message boards in the country.

What else are we to do to gauge fans reaction to the takeover?

This is not a wind-up, its a real proposal that will happen with your vocal support. As for Delia, she does not wish to sell so this is the only way forward.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

In answer to your question why come on here? Its called doing research, this is the biggest Norwich site, with the biggest membership, and one of the most active football message boards in the country.

[/quote]

Er......