Sign in to follow this  
City Turn Around 2009

We want your views and support for an Ex player consortium

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year

We are after something from you, and that is your support in plans for a consortium based bid to take over the club.

It is not possible for obvious reasons to go in to much detail at the moment, but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  player, and five others two of whom would be known to you all.

We feel it would more than likely take the form of a hostile takeover, so we need your support.

Views please, and thank you for your time

[/quote]

I don''t think anyone can be believed for being cynical bearing in mind the number of false dawns we''ve had on this messageboard with people on the wind up.

Can you give us any reasons why this isn''t a wind up?

If it isn''t a wind up I apologise and wish you every success, its just the cynic in me that gives every scenario sceptism seeing that we''ve been done so many times before.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

We feel it would more than likely take the form of a hostile takeover, so we need your support.

[/quote]CTA2009, NCFC is not a listed company, so many of the usual mechanisms used in hostile takeovers cannot apply. Given that, could you explain what you mean by a hostile takeover and how it would be achieved? Your answer might well help clarify whether this is a serious proposition or a bit of Friday fun. Thanks.[/quote]

Hostile is meant in the sense of Delia and Michael would have to be forced into giving up the club (by fans pressure etc), its not all going to be handshakes and toasting success with glasses of champagne type deal.

[/quote]In that case, you will get a heavy percentage of ''yes'' from here, but I don''t think you will get the same sort of response from at least half of our average home gate… they don''t take to personal attacks on Delia and Michale that well.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

We are after something from you, and that is your support in plans for a consortium based bid to take over the club.

It is not possible for obvious reasons to go in to much detail at the moment, but the consortium will be fronted by a former city  player, and five others two of whom would be known to you all.

[/quote]

I don''t think anyone can be believed for being cynical bearing in mind the number of false dawns we''ve had on this messageboard with people on the wind up.

If it isn''t a wind up I apologise and wish you every success, its just the cynic in me that gives every scenario sceptism seeing that we''ve been done so many times before.

[/quote]

There is no way I can prove its not a wind up, only time will prove this, but we wish to move fast to help secure Championship football next season.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]CTA2009, NCFC is not a listed company, so many of the usual mechanisms used in hostile takeovers cannot apply. Given that, could you explain what you mean by a hostile takeover and how it would be achieved? Your answer might well help clarify whether this is a serious proposition or a bit of Friday fun. Thanks.[/quote]

Hostile is meant in the sense of Delia and Michael would have to be forced into giving up the club (by fans pressure etc), its not all going to be handshakes and toasting success with glasses of champagne type deal.

[/quote]In that case, you will get a heavy percentage of ''yes'' from here, but I don''t think you will get the same sort of response from at least half of our average home gate… they don''t take to personal attacks on Delia and Michale that well.[/quote]I should have said from ''on here'' when it came to the ''yes'' vote…

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is no way I can prove its not a wind up, only time will prove this, but we wish to move fast to help secure Championship football next season.

[/quote]CTA2009 - can you answer my question about other links please, as you are obviously on line and replying at the moment?

Andy''s posts on this subject sum up how I feel about this MB''s view on all things NCFC, talk to others on the street who dont use it and many back D&M and the board all the way!

To the original poster - if you come up with a load of money to invest in the team and to acquire the majority shareholding, good luck to you! You will have most people''s backing, just dont expect to get Delia and Micheal''s shareholding on the cheap!

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]Of course this would have the support from the vast majority of fans, regardless of whether they are a fan of Delia or not.  An ex-player taking control in a consortium bid also surely falls under Delia''s original aims for investment.BUT I don''t believe you, where else have you gone to garner fans support?  Why not give us some more details?Without this then I can only believe that this is a wind up because we''ve had so many on this message board that it is pretty much a daily occurance, and therefore you are nothing new.Give us reasons to doubt that conclusion, and you may get what you want.

[quote]Hostile is meant in the sense of Delia and Michael would have to be

forced into giving up the club (by fans pressure etc), its not all

going to be handshakes and toasting success with glasses of champagne

type deal.[/quote]Any player who wanted to protect their standing with the supporters wouldn''t ask supporters to revolt against the incumbents, as that will inevitably divide the fans along the lines of new and old. The current board act as guarantors on 20 million pounds worth of loans, and are putting in 2 million per season on average to keep the club afloat.  If this "consortium" couldn''t afford to do that, then this idea would be a non-starter from the off.  If the suggested ex-player thinks that his consortium could get the club on the cheap as a result of fan pressure, I would suggest that the club is an expensive thing to own regardless of how much it would cost to pay the current board off.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Hostile is meant in the sense of Delia and Michael would have to be forced into giving up the club (by fans pressure etc), its not all going to be handshakes and toasting success with glasses of champagne type deal.[/quote]

Any player who wanted to protect their standing with the supporters wouldn''t ask supporters to revolt against the incumbents, as that will inevitably divide the fans along the lines of new and old.

The current board act as guarantors on 20 million pounds worth of loans, and are putting in 2 million per season on average to keep the club afloat.  If this "consortium" couldn''t afford to do that, then this idea would be a non-starter from the off.  If the suggested ex-player thinks that his consortium could get the club on the cheap as a result of fan pressure, I would suggest that the club is an expensive thing to own regardless of how much it would cost to pay the current board off.

[/quote]

Is it a bigger version of the ''Norwich City Kitty'' that''s gathering? And are you going to call yourselves "The NCFC Pride O'' Lounge-Lizard Lions?"

Even if it''s all a pile of methane producin'' bovine botty bombs......It''s certainly got my blessin''! (get rid of the current CE for starters!.....Good Luck on your proposed/supposed endeavours.....It could be slightly genuine, the kid''s are all back at school now!....Anyone else got my Man Flu?......Fuggin'' awful....[:(]

Would it not make sense just to answer the posters hypothetical question rather than cross examine him?If he''s genuine this is what he wants, if he''s trolling then a straightforward yes or no is a pretty poor return.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Hostile is meant in the sense of Delia and Michael would have to be forced into giving up the club (by fans pressure etc), its not all going to be handshakes and toasting success with glasses of champagne type deal.[/quote]Any player who wanted to protect their standing with the supporters wouldn''t ask supporters to revolt against the incumbents, as that will inevitably divide the fans along the lines of new and old. The current board act as guarantors on 20 million pounds worth of loans, and are putting in 2 million per season on average to keep the club afloat.  If this "consortium" couldn''t afford to do that, then this idea would be a non-starter from the off.  If the suggested ex-player thinks that his consortium could get the club on the cheap as a result of fan pressure, I would suggest that the club is an expensive thing to own regardless of how much it would cost to pay the current board off.[/quote]

Is it a bigger version of the ''Norwich City Kitty'' that''s gathering? And are you going to call yourselves "The NCFC Pride O'' Lounge-Lizard Lions?"

Even if it''s all a pile of methane producin'' bovine botty bombs......It''s certainly got my blessin''! (get rid of the current CE for starters!.....Good Luck on your proposed/supposed endeavours.....It could be slightly genuine, the kid''s are all back at school now!....Anyone else got my Man Flu?......Fuggin'' awful....[:(]

[/quote]I had to read this post twice before I spotted your caveat regarding ND Mello, thought for a minute you really had gone mellow fellow.[:D]

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Would it not make sense just to answer the posters hypothetical question rather than cross examine him?If he''s genuine this is what he wants, if he''s trolling then a straightforward yes or no is a pretty poor return.[/quote]Because deep down, everyone would truly love there to be some fact behind it instead of bullsh*t… so if he/she were able to supply any more evidence it gives you a little bit more to work with… and raise your hopes… and then have them dashed ala Cullum.Thats the simple answer!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="The Prisoner"]Would it not make sense just to answer the posters hypothetical question rather than cross examine him?If he''s genuine this is what he wants, if he''s trolling then a straightforward yes or no is a pretty poor return.[/quote]Because deep down, everyone would truly love there to be some fact behind it instead of bullsh*t… so if he/she were able to supply any more evidence it gives you a little bit more to work with… and raise your hopes… and then have them dashed ala Cullum.Thats the simple answer![/quote]Plus its something to talk about on a slow news day, innit...

[quote user="Ren"]

Andy''s posts on this subject sum up how I feel about this MB''s view on all things NCFC, talk to others on the street who dont use it and many back D&M and the board all the way!

To the original poster - if you come up with a load of money to invest in the team and to acquire the majority shareholding, good luck to you! You will have most people''s backing, just dont expect to get Delia and Micheal''s shareholding on the cheap!

[/quote]

Don''t know which Street you walk down, even when chatting to fan- folk who aren''t pooter literate......Certainly not the case where I frequent, the pubs, work etc.....Oh, and that includes an area within the ''Partisan to the Board, City Stand''.... 

Of course YES but we don''t want this to be another huge let down.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Of course YES but we don''t want this to be another huge let down.[/quote]Exactly Sal, and I notice CTA hasn''t responded for a while, obviously it may be entirely innocent, but posting things like this will make people want information and answers.

I get the impression there is an equal split.  At Charlton on Saturday a few dared to pass comment (V loudly) about the board and they were quickly shouted down.  This was near the back as well were the Roeder Out chants had been coming from.  Certianly in the circles I mix in, people are both anti and pro board, and most understand that the Stowmarket two are not going to walk away for nothing.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I smell a rat, and it isn''t Roeder...[/quote]

Sheer genius Evil Monkey. The only good thing to come out of four pages of trolling

[quote user="Titanic"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

If you have something genuine to offer I suggest you approach the local press.

[/quote]

We  would not go to the media at this stage.

The reasons for this are without fans support this is a no go, as the player concerned would not want his standing with the fans compromised.

[/quote]
You could count on one hand the number of City fans who wouldn''t welcome fresh investment. If you''re for real, go public and the support will follow.
[/quote]

As explained above we can''t go public, because of the players views and we are not ready to.

This isn''t getting very far...treat it as a straight forward question, would you support such a consortium in principle?

[/quote]

YES.

[/quote]

YES

Of course it''s YES and I hope this is not another wind up,but until anything emerges from this it will be treated by the majority of people on here as such.

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]

CTA2009, NCFC is not a listed company, so many of the usual mechanisms used in hostile takeovers cannot apply. Given that, could you explain what you mean by a hostile takeover and how it would be achieved? Your answer might well help clarify whether this is a serious proposition or a bit of Friday fun. Thanks.[/quote]

[/quote]

In which case I am out.  If is genuinely a good deal for the Club then Delia and Michael will support it.   If they have to be forced by fan pressure then there will be something wrong with the deal.   They are not like Chase...hanging on for their own glory.  They will go if it is right.  I genuinely believe that

Why does the takeover need to be hostile..?
If you have funding available, negotiate a fair deal with Delia and Michael and buy the Club outright without causing on and off field disruption. If the money doesn''t stretch to buying them out, then invest heavily on the understanding that any additional investment further down the line increases ownership of the Club to yourselves, and buy the Club over the course of the medium or long term.
Hostility will, in my humble opinion, prove to be a hugely negative influence on the team and Club as a whole, and will seal our demise to League One.
So in short - if you''ve got the cash, put it on the table and deal like the business men you suggest you are. If you don''t have the cash, or not enough, then you need to cut your cloth accordingly and see what other avenues your limited budget will permit.
Making the assumption, through my own interpretation of your various postings on the issue, that everyday football supporters of our fine Club will do your dirty work to seal the deal in your favour smacks of desperation and I find to be quite a disgusting propersition.

Norwich City supporters deserve better than we have got over recent years, and as of yet you''ve offered no evidence of better times ahead other than the ''celebrity'' who''ll be in charge won''t be a chef, but instead: an ex-player. A lot of people criticise the board for being naive with regards to footballing matters, and I find it hard to imagine many ex-players who could walk into the positon of Chairman, or CE and do a better job from the off...

Convince me further or accept that I, as a content-for-now fence-sitter want no part of your holey plans...  

If any takeover consortia were to go public, I would hope the did NOT do it in the middle of this transfer window which would only serve to frustrate fans and the club by driving up any potential player costs!

Otherwise, I would be in support!

or the "player concerned" could go public with it.... making the fans excited and demanding for it to happen.. ergo putting the current board on the back foot...

but of course this is all ballcocks isn''t it..... is it the bloke who said we were signing Aemobi again?

jas :)

[quote user="City Turn Around 2009"][quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="City Turn Around 2009"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am as interested as it is possible to be in a factual vacuum.

You can''t expect support without more info.