Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

the lower barclay

I got nicked after the Millwall game in 82 when my bloke got nicked by some copper who was giving it all that so I told him to stick his helmet up his jacksy, and that was in the River End so I don''t know what all this is about.  Lots of noise in the River End you just need to know what bit to go in.

I sit in the snake pit and am outside your age range as are many of the noisiest supporters in there - and they make twice as much noise as the Barclay every week!

[quote user="pennywise "]this is a bit contreverstial but...i sat in the lower barclay for the forest game for the 1st time in years on sunday on a borrowed season ticket  and i was amazed how many old people were in there,  this can`t help the atmosphere can it ? along with the snakepit its our most vociferous part of the ground  and yet by my reckoning its populated by 40% old duffers  who spent more time wishing each other happy new year over there  bovril  than getting behind the team, i would like to propose an upper age limit for the lower barclay and snake pit of 47 years , anyone who reaches this age should automatically be put out to grass in the jarrold stand the following season  and replaced by someone below the age of 35, i honestly think the replenishing of the more vociferous parts of the ground with younger more enthusiastic fans will in the long run make carrow road a more intimidating place for visiting teams ..i have emailed this idea to neil doncaster [:D][/quote]

Not a good attempt at a wind up.

Some of the old duffers as you refer to them make more noise than the younger people.....think about it!

LOL!

[quote user="pennywise "]this is a bit contreverstial but...i sat in the lower barclay for the forest game for the 1st time in years on sunday on a borrowed season ticket  and i was amazed how many old people were in there,  this can`t help the atmosphere can it ? along with the snakepit its our most vociferous part of the ground  and yet by my reckoning its populated by 40% old duffers  who spent more time wishing each other happy new year over there  bovril  than getting behind the team, i would like to propose an upper age limit for the lower barclay and snake pit of 47 years , anyone who reaches this age should automatically be put out to grass in the jarrold stand the following season  and replaced by someone below the age of 35, i honestly think the replenishing of the more vociferous parts of the ground with younger more enthusiastic fans will in the long run make carrow road a more intimidating place for visiting teams ..i have emailed this idea to neil doncaster [:D][/quote]

No, that idea is nowhere near controversial enough....

I think the powers that be should copy the film '' Logan''s Run '' in which anyone reaching the age of 30 is automatically disposed of. This whould apply to the Barclay Stand and Snakepit. To get over the disappointment of being culled the Club would offer attractive reductions in season tickets for those approaching 30 as well as cheaper shirts at age 29 as only one years wear would be possible. 

To complete the removal of undesirables from other parts of the stadium anyone currently turning up with dribble stains and/or smelling of wee would be banned for life and forced to attend a '' re-education '' centre every match day where it would be compulsory to listen to Radio Norfolk''s match commentary and post match ''phone-in at full volume.........

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

I think the powers that be should copy the film '' Logan''s Run '' in which anyone reaching the age of 30 is automatically disposed of. This whould apply to the Barclay Stand and Snakepit. To get over the disappointment of being culled the Club would offer attractive reductions in season tickets for those approaching 30 as well as cheaper shirts at age 29 as only one years wear would be possible. 

To complete the removal of undesirables from other parts of the stadium anyone currently turning up with dribble stains and/or smelling of wee would be banned for life and forced to attend a '' re-education '' centre every match day where it would be compulsory to listen to Radio Norfolk''s match commentary and post match ''phone-in at full volume.........

[/quote]

Oi I hope you are joking I am 54 and would not be allowed to go and nor do I smell of wee.

Surely this will be a non starter as the expense in providing nappy changing facilities throughout the stand will be beyond the club''s financial ability.However it will not be necessary to provide power points for electric shavers but maybe a qiuet corner would be good so that homework could be done for those arriving early for K.O.There would be no need for condom or sanitary towel machines in the toilets.Blimey the pros and cons are endless if you think about it.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Watch out somebody might suggest applying Logan''s Run idea to the Chavs! LOL!

[quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Oi I hope you are joking I am 54 and would not be allowed to go and nor do I smell of wee.

[/quote]

Well I wasn''t being too serious as I''m older than you and as far as I know I too don''t smell of wee...........yet.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Im too scared to sing, those two NC mad women who spend all week cutting up paper to throw and annoy us, i open my trap to sing and always end up with a mouthful of paper cuttings ffs [:|][/quote]

Oh the old days, bring back the rattles, and the flat caps with the 19ft long scalf that wrapped around the barrier in front,and made it easier on the elbows turn back the clock, we even had a good team then

[/quote]

Gimme flat caps and rattles every time, those flaming women should be locked up for littering lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Okay, Canaries in Bed, an offer to you, come up to row X (that''s the back row) seat 111 next home game and you can judge my singing skills. No squealing. Promise. I am usually unable to talk properly after a game as I have been singing all match.[/quote]

Sure its not the fags?

Na, I''m quite happy with the blokes who sing load around me, no pun intended. Its not just woman I hate at matches, Ihate kids and their pathetic cries and whimpers, its a mans game and I can''t stand some bird who squeals loud even if there trying. If you lot have to come, bugger of to another block please.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Okay, Canaries in Bed, an offer to you, come up to row X (that''s the back row) seat 111 next home game and you can judge my singing skills. No squealing. Promise. I am usually unable to talk properly after a game as I have been singing all match.[/quote]

Sure its not the fags?

Na, I''m quite happy with the blokes who sing load around me, no pun intended. Its not just woman I hate at matches, Ihate kids and their pathetic cries and whimpers, its a mans game and I can''t stand some bird who squeals loud even if there trying. If you lot have to come, bugger of to another block please.

[/quote]

Blimey we are sexist aren''t we?  I have always been in the LB, don''t like it why don''t you bugger off to another stand [:)]

I hate the word sexist, its for all the PC people of the world. Its called reality. Remember the men were there long before any birds were, shame I have had to put up with but I ain''t moving as much a they annoy me. Besides the rest of the ground is sh1te, either full of families and oldies. I really do hate the other parts of the ground, especially the River end, I was there for a seasonand my god. Full of tossers.

[quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]yeah - but by the time you start smelling of wee - you don''t realise it!!!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I hate the word sexist, its for all the PC people of the world. Its called reality. Remember the men were there long before any birds were, shame I have had to put up with but I ain''t moving as much a they annoy me. Besides the rest of the ground is sh1te, either full of families and oldies. I really do hate the other parts of the ground, especially the River end, I was there for a seasonand my god. Full of tossers.[/quote]I think that even a basic investigation of evolution would prove beyond doubt that birds evolved before mankind.

HaHa!! im in the cocacola corner and im 44............... well i have my son with me.........hhehe hes 14....and 6ft4.......lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I have one thing to say to you and that is (polite version) please don''t say anything unless it''s worth saying. I am outside your age bracket (49) and so are two to three of the most vociferous supporters near me, it''s our little area that starts off a lot of the songs. I am sure this email will just about make Mr Doncaster''s day. Well he''s got to have something to laugh about at the moment hasn''t he? In case you were wondering, it''s probably the football, not the age of the support, making the difference to whether the Barclay is loud or not. I can cite quite a few posters on here who are older than me (and who will probably reply to you). Most of us were brought up in a standing Barclay which was louder than now, but times change. Sitting down doesn''t help (but luckily enough some of us get to stand up all match). I guess you would be happy with an age range of 16-35 all male? Dream on, all city supporters have a role to play in supporting the club. I am sure those who don''t want to be in the Barclay can move, after all it''s their choice.[/quote]

actually neil was very receptive to the idea, he said   "i totally agree , some of these old gits have been in there comfort  zones for too long, they sit in there seats year after year moaning  and whinging.. they all bring their own food and drink so never spend a penny at the kiosks, and they all knit there own hats and scarves (some old biddies even do this during the match apparantly)  so  don`t spend a brass farthing in the club shop, he said the idea of replenishing the barclay with younger fans had been discussed before among the board  but european human rights legislation prevented it  from being actioned but they`ve since found a legal loophole  and hope to bring it in for the 09/10 season and and a cover letter will be sent out with the renewal forms"  [:D]

51, never felt more passionate... even when part of the NHS

in fact if anything i feel its the younger element that lets us down..... nothing less intimidating that teenagers chucking the O at oppo fans

The ground has been a morgue since the seats went in. The whole standing debate is PC bollox.... sitting down didn''t help at Bradford did it?

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

Oh the old days, bring back the rattles, and the flat caps with the 19ft long scalf that wrapped around the barrier in front,and made it easier on the elbows turn back the clock, we even had a good team then

[/quote]

The piss running down the back of your legs, the sharpened coins and darts and bricks whizzing past your ears, the truncheons swinging into your teeth, that hurdy gurdy moment as you feel your arm go halfway up your back as you are carted out to the black maria!

[/quote]

And the dog hanging on to the arse end making it harder for you to walk and the copper gives another dig in the ribs.

[/quote]

they don''t know there born do they.

[/quote]          ........ Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o''clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY! Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o''clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife. Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o''clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won''t believe ya''...........

Canaries in Bed - So, not too happy to take me up on my offer I see? You obviously prefer to keep with just blokes, fine, as for kids, I guess you were one yourself once. My son has been a Season Ticket holder in the Barclay since the age of 11. He''s 22 now, but has been singing and supporting in there all those years. If he, I, or indeed I suspect, many other loyal long term supporters didn''t care we just wouldn''t attend games at all. No, you''re correct, we should get rid of kids, oh and women too, that should sort football out once and for all. Think about it.

Shame you appear not to like the human race too much, and for the information I have never smoked in my life. Though what that has to do with singing at a football match I have no idea.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]Where do you go when you become senile ?[/quote]The boardroom, where you''re given a calculator and a telephone.

I agree with Pennywise! We need to get the old duffers out of the Lower Barclay pronto! Shaking hands indeed!! Whatever next! [:O]

Just off on the "Old Timers Day Out" to the valley of doom and despair! Apparently!

[;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I wasn''t being too serious as I''m older than you and as far as I know I too don''t smell of wee...........yet.

[/quote]

Oh right sorry lol.

Why dont we fill in all the corners...and create specialist areas. We could rename the Community area ''The Sand Pit'''' for our really young ones, the Wensum Corner The Arm(chair) Pit for our really oldies, ''The Snake Pit'' could remain for our most poison of mouth, whilst the Holiday Inn corner could become ''The Mosh Pit'' for standing, leaping about and crowd surfing (when there are enough waves!)...Everyone''s a winner!