Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The backroom staff at the end of the game.

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]And your persistent use of italics says a lot about you and your self importance, Mr. Tilson sir. Your defensive manner also points a lot to the fact that you realise the NCISA do nothing.[/quote]

ncfc star.

Do you know what i have been doing today? Apart from an hour or two of women''s stuff - you know- cleaning, cooking, washing, ironing etc, I have been opening, sorting, printing and collating members questionnaires about the state of the football club. That''d be the questionnaire that I managed to put together in my lunch hour of my nine to five, Mon - Fri job. And that''d be the questionnaire that our secretary Clare spent all weekend putting into envelopes, putting stamps on and posting, and the same one she emailed out to our members. And when I''ve done that I am going to count all the little ticked boxes, do some basic stats and produce a report for NCISA,  the football club and maybe even the message board if I can be bothered to after reading some of the drivel put on there. God I havent even looked at the Canary Challenge today. Shit its Xmas Thursday and I havent started.......................

What have you been up to Ncfcstar?

[/quote]

Well Said Kathy. 

[quote user="IBA"]TIL10101 You miserable git. If the staff had trundled off with long faces you''d have been moaning. If we''d played like Brazil and lost you''d be moaning. If we sign Lita no doubt you''ll moan about his wages (actually I will too.....) I''m the FIRST person on here to want performances over and above results, but if I was Roeder or one of his team the prospect of losing my job as most on here seem to want would be hanging over me rather heavily. To you its a scrappy 3 points, to a lot of those people its a livelihood. Try and cut people a little slack for having a slightly more relaxed few days with their families. You grumpy, selfish old sod.[/quote]

Its a livelihood at fancy rates of pay! I''ll take it and live with the pressure.

I wasn''t the only one who nearly fell asleep in the first half due to Charlton''s negative tactics and our inability to break them down...oh for a Huckerby style player of the 2003-2004 vintage.

perhaps the music at the end doesn`t help..perhaps glenn roeder likes tom harks and got caught up in the moment ?  maybe we should have the music changed to something less cheerful  then no one will get offended  [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Does anyone else get the impression that a few posters are ever so slightly disappointed that we won?

[/quote]

How dare you even suggest such a thing?

You Sir are a discrace to this forum!

(Does that make you feel better Nutty?)

It amazes me that anyone expected to see a feast of football for us vs Charlton.  It was never going to be an end-to-end, free for all, gripping encounter.  As most bottom of the table teams do when away from home, they stuck 11 men behind the ball and played for the draw.  Even the best teams can come unstuck when away teams play ultra-defensively.  Roeder was rightly relieved that we got the 3 points and equally as important a clean sheet, the result takes some of the pressure off, might give the players a bit of confidence, and enables his team to look forward.  Who wouldn''t be relieved in his position ?

And your response says a lot about the professionalism of your outfit, surely you should be acknowledging any comments but refraining from targetted response?

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]And your persistent use of italics says a lot about you and your self importance, Mr. Tilson sir. Your defensive manner also points a lot to the fact that you realise the NCISA do nothing.[/quote]

ncfc star.

Do you know what i have been doing today? Apart from an hour or two of women''s stuff - you know- cleaning, cooking, washing, ironing etc, I have been opening, sorting, printing and collating members questionnaires about the state of the football club. That''d be the questionnaire that I managed to put together in my lunch hour of my nine to five, Mon - Fri job. And that''d be the questionnaire that our secretary Clare spent all weekend putting into envelopes, putting stamps on and posting, and the same one she emailed out to our members. And when I''ve done that I am going to count all the little ticked boxes, do some basic stats and produce a report for NCISA,  the football club and maybe even the message board if I can be bothered to after reading some of the drivel put on there. God I havent even looked at the Canary Challenge today. Shit its Xmas Thursday and I havent started.......................

[/quote]

Well Said Kathy. 

[/quote]

Sorry for me inputting my five pence worth , but I feel that the NCISA has a very high opinion of itself in the way they pontificate on here about what we should think and do . In the past I have seen their comments regarding managers , boards and players and just ignored them as publicity seeking outbursts . I get the impression that they seem to revel in the fact that they have "access " to the club and are on the SCG as well

I just think that they need to realise that they are not representing the vast majority of supporters , have I as a lapsed supporter ( went to near enough every home games for 25 years and lots away ) but not been at all for five years , despite a keen interest . even been missed - I had no season ticket or membership but I still attended in the days of 13,000 fans . Where is my questionnaire - my big bugbear is casual prices , has that been addressed at all , season tickets yes , but casual prices - not to my knowledge .

The NCISA does have a place , but not as big a place as they seem to think or expect - it is annoying to hear their chairman or representatives put up on radio as " fans spokesman " surely they should steer away from being self improtant and media hungry and get back to basics

Can I ask what the stated aims of the NCISA are ? surely they should make these clear to ALL supporters not just their members , who are the committe members ? can we openly contact them ? are they accountable to anyone ?  does the club work with them in any way ?

I have no interest in joining the NCISA , I have a life and would never devote the time needed - I wish good luck to the committee , but they need to calm down a bit and not come over as "superfans " with priviledges beyond the ordinary fan , as this just antaganises the average fan       

before NCISA reply , can I just say that i have just , for the first time , looked at their website , I have seen that most of my points have been answered there and thanks to them for doing that . I am now going to lie down as the colours are a bit bright there for me

I think its obvious that the NCISA seem hell bent on dividing Norwich supporters, I suggest that a new organisation be set up and called the Association of Norwich''s United Supporters.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

I think its obvious that the NCISA seem hell bent on dividing Norwich supporters, I suggest that a new organisation be set up and called the Association of Norwich''s United Supporters.

[/quote]

so i should expect you to have set one up in the next few months Squit should i?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

so i should expect you to have set one up in the next few months Squit should i?

[/quote]

Jas, I think there are much better candidates to set up and speak on behalf of ANUS.

[quote user="Kathy"]

ncfc star.

[/quote]

And after that, you''ll remember just how unimportant doing all that is?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas, sometimes you are a little slow, which is not bad because sometimes you are a lot slower.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Does anyone else get the impression that a few posters are ever so slightly disappointed that we won?

[/quote]

Some are easily pleased by low standards.

BTW. I was expecting more blood and guts style of football than we saw.

[/quote]

So are you saying you were ever so slightly disappointed that we won[:^)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

How dare you even suggest such a thing?

You Sir are a discrace to this forum!

(Does that make you feel better Nutty?)

[/quote]

Disgrace Sir? Who Sir? Me Sir? No Sir!!!

How very dare you [:O]

Anyone who wonders if a ''mega-fan'' might be disappointed if we won only needs to review the Sky coverage of the derby match.There, behind a jubilant bench at the end of the game is the most miserable mug I''ve ever laid eyes on. I''ll give you a clue: he started this thread. I''d love to know how any City fan can have managed a scowl after that result?

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

What a stupid comment, because it would have been far better to scowl at each other and give the team a good bollocking for getting 3 points.

That would have been great for team morale.

Glad your not the manger Mr Tilson, otherwise nobody would come to or stay at the club.

Three points earnt playing crap football is better than zero points for playing a team off the pitch as we have done many times this year.

Don''t like Roeder then John? is that the issue? did he ignore you at a meeting or something?

[/quote]

Welcome back to the messageboard Mr Walpole ,i just knew you would have to try and "Be Smart".Obviously you thought it was time to put your head above the surface after being outed a few months back now.

Actually i have met the manager twice now and hosted him at a NCISA forum.He did not ignore me and shook my hand on both occassions if you really want to know.

As for liking the man all i will say is that during my time as a supporter i have met John Bond,Mike Walker,Ken Brown to name but three and recall times under Ron Saunders fondly.I will let you decide where the current manager stands in the pecking order.

Who the heck have we "played off the pitch " this season and got zero points.

Finally i would ask how the Kitty is getting on but i understand from two Kitty men that you are not exactly in the loop these days.I will not embarass you further by letting everyone in on what i was told.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Finally i would ask how the Kitty is getting on but i understand from two Kitty men that you are not exactly in the loop these days.I will not embarass you further by letting everyone in on what i was told.

[/quote]

Snide git, aren''t you?

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Snide git, aren''t you?

[/quote]

Yep

[quote user="gary "][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Kathy"]

ncfc star.

[/quote]

Well Said Kathy. 

[/quote]

The NCISA does have a place , but not as big a place as they seem to think or expect - it is annoying to hear their chairman or representatives put up on radio as " fans spokesman " surely they should steer away from being self improtant and media hungry and get back to basics

[/quote]

So the next time we are contacted by the media for comments and views are you saying we should decline and refuse to be interviewed.

If that is the case may i suggest that certain sections will see us as "cosying up to the club" which is a common complaint about NCISA.

"Media hungry" is a ridiculous remark as not once in the history of NCISA have we approached the media  to offer ourselves up as"fans spokesman".All interviews have been done by NCISA being approached not the other way round.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Snide git, aren''t you?

[/quote]

Yep

[/quote]Typically snide ex-old bill if you ask me

A shame that you''ve got involved in the slanging matches again john, rather than answering the points that have been raised. 

I know, pot and kettle [:)]

Did you honestly expect Charlton to play in an open manner ?  You are aware as a fan of many years that when a team puts 11 behind the ball, even the best teams have trouble breaking them down ?

This was a really important win. Also, I thought we showed great style in midfield, and I left really excited about the way we are developing. It''s great to see us outplay 2 sides who used to always outplay us i.e Addicts and Gippeswyk

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yes i am happy about three points but to be "extra " happy is over the top CA.

[/quote]

I think you may have just happened on an idea that could make your mate Smudger some money. Laminated printed sheets for all the staff which tell them how to react at the end of each game.

1. Defeat by three clear goals or more - Random member of backroom staff blindfolded and marched to the centre circle to be beheaded by a lucky fan chosen by Glenn Roeder. Extended highlights on Canaries World.

2. Narrow defeat but encouraging performance - Kick water bottles over, pull hair out, cry. Just make sure everyone sees how upset you are. Give press conference and say ''It''s a results business. Personally I think I should be sacked. A fan in the City Stand told me what was wrong at half time and I really should have listened to him''.

3. Vital point/three points secured against close rival - Shrug shoulders, feign insouciance and casually stroll off the field. Give press conference with shirt unbuttoned, smoking a cigarette and quoting French philosophy. Just make sure everyone can see it''s no big deal.

4. Win against Ipswich - Clench fists, roar at crowd, give a firm handshake to each member of the backroom staff. Look manly. This is very important. Don''t look as if you''re enjoying yourself too much though. This is all about being agressive and showing how much you care.

5. Emphatic win and good performance - Depends on league postition. If struggling repeat Step 3. If in top half of table we will permit a small celebration. Nothing too extravagant though. Remember, until you''ve emulated the managers from ''the good old days'' YOU ARE NOTHING!

Honestly, some people will moan about anything [:|]

[/quote]

Brilliant! [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

3. Vital point/three points secured against close rival - Shrug shoulders, feign insouciance and casually stroll off the field. Give press conference with shirt unbuttoned, smoking a cigarette and quoting French philosophy. Just make sure everyone can see it''s no big deal.

[/quote]

That''s who we need!

Eric The Red, come on down!

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas, I think there are much better candidates to set up and speak on behalf of ANUS.

[/quote]

Its a shame (in many ways) that Mr Til101 is involved with the NCISA, he''d be the perfect candidate for the new organisation.