Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Norwich Vs Ipswich Ratings

Marshall - 10Purely for the one on one save, the haynes save and whiping the little t*at out in the box and not conceeding a pen.Ostemobor - 7Quiet but did his jobDoherty - 7Slow but made some crucial blocks and tacklesOmozusi - 8Filled in well at the back, had walters in his pocket most of the time and Counago didn''t fair much better.Bertrand - 7Few mistakes but was reasonably solidCroft - 9Fantastic goal, made a nuisance of himself  down the right and the little two hands on the ball thing before the freekick is an interesting touch.Clingan - 10Brilliant - end of.Pattison - 9tried to miss, failed, succeeded with just about everything else.Bell - 8Impressive, needs to use his left more.Hoolahan - 7/8Got better as the game went on, good to see him in a free role.Lita - 8caused problems, created chances although not really the striker for playing up front alone.

Roeder - Well done, good selection and kept your word about us winning this one.Probert - idiot, although redeemed when enforcing the rules for a change with Mcauleys bloody head.

WE WON!!!!!!!!

Fair ratings to be honest, I thought the worst players were our full backs but they were not so bad either.

It is great to rate the central midfielders highly also, this is the heart of the team, Clingan is quality.

I agree with all your points, an excellent team performance, Clingan was excellent - sometimes reminded me of  Chippy , we played the binners off the pitch - well done lads! now lets go on a 15 match unbeaten run!

Agree with those, think its a testement to how well our CB''s played that both their strikers were taken off. Marsh turned the game so would be man of the match for me, was impressed by Lita''s runs and really pleased with how well Patters and Clingan work together. Only player I would say was poor was Bertrand.

Sound about right to me, Clingan was something special today and Marshall deserves a 10 for cleaning Haynes out even without the wonderful saves that came amongst that moment... What impressed me the most was that with so many loan signings and newbies the players, for the first time in year, looked well up for derby day, Clingan, Patty and Croft especially... even Lita! His "look sir, he''s got blood on his face" moment was pure magic [:)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Sound about right to me, Clingan was something special today and Marshall deserves a 10 for cleaning Haynes out even without the wonderful saves that came amongst that moment... What impressed me the most was that with so many loan signings and newbies the players, for the first time in year, looked well up for derby day, Clingan, Patty and Croft especially... even Lita! His "look sir, he''s got blood on his face" moment was pure magic [:)]
[/quote]

Mcauley having to go off after Lita told the ref, and then us scoring while he was off was the highlight for me.

Mcauley was a "little " cross about it...

I thought Omozusi was absolutely awesome today - Stead gave him a few more problems with his aerial presence in the second half, but his reading of the game, positioning and tackling were all first-class. In my eyes he''d be up there with Clingan and Marshall on 9/10 for today.

[quote user="Coelho"]I thought Omozusi was absolutely awesome today[/quote]Agreed, no coincidence that all our clean sheets this season have come when he''s been at centre back. Much rather see him playing there than his supposed stronger position of full back.

Marshall 9 - What a save from the corner which was headed towards goal at the near post, ditto Walters 1 on 1.

Otsemobor 7 - Decent solid game.
Doherty 7 - As above, didn''t do much wrong.
Omozusi 8 - Best performance in a Norwich shirt from here. Shame we don''t see it more often.
Bertrand 6 - Decent performance, still not as good as last year.

Croft 8 - Thought he was poor first half, has a lot to show and definately did. Excellent goal and put the work in as he does every week.
Clingan 9 - MOM, excellent. One if not The best player we have at what he does.
Pattison 7 - Had a tidy game compared to his usual. Some neat touches and passes. Was linking up well between Lita and the rest of the midfield.
Bell 6 - Not his best game, but can''t give less than a 6 after a derby day win!
Hoolahan 6/7 - Faded in and out of the game but also played some neat touches and linked up with teammates well.

Lita 8 - Played excellently as a loan forward. Has the pace and strength required. Always pulled off the back 4 to link up with Pattison and Hoolahan.

Would have said:Marshall 9Bertrand 7Doc 8Omo 8Semi 8Clingan 10 MOMBell 8Croft 8.5Patty 8Hoolahan 8Lita 8Ref - fussy, pedantic, broke the game up - 6Jarrold Stand linesman - 3 - would have liked to have taken his flag and slipped it somewhere to make his eyes waterCrowd - 9 - putting all the grief and infighting of late behind us, all pulling together and getting behind the team - that''s what football is about and it was a pleasure, a real pleasure, to be in the ground today

Mine:Marshall: 8 - Top, top quality shot stopping to deny Ipswich. But he''s got to think more about his distribution. Too often are balls punted up field to players who have no chance or simply to opposition players. Needs sorting.Otsemobor: 7 - Did okay, if occasionally lazy. Moments where he looked solid, moments where he could have done more.Bertrand: 6 - Poor first half where he looked nervous and made some daft mistakes. Much better in the second half and played a crucial part in some of the better offensive manuevers.Omozusi : 8 - If not for Clingan, would have been walking away with my MotM accolade. Looked completely solid, dependable and didn''t put a foot out of place the entire game.Doherty: 6 - Two moments of madness which meant Marshall had to save him, but otherwise okay. Some really nice tackling and one occasion he dribbled the ball past both Counago and Walters! Blimey!Croft: 8 - I''m not Crofty''s biggest fan whatsoever. But he was awesome today. A constant menace for the full back, put in better than his usual crosses - and then there''s that goal. Wow.Bell: 7 - Bell continues to impress me. He did his usual steady, dependable job and put some great balls in. The corner for Lita which was saved well by Wright was inch perfect. A top, top player.Pattison: 7 - Prior to his goal, I was saying I thought he needed to come off. He looked tired. Then he went and scored. Was a total menace the entire game, works hard defensively and even harder going forward. Dead chuffed he''s starting to score some goals too.Clingan: 9 - MotM. Simply outstanding. Clingan for me, was the glue which kept the whole side working. His passing was top notch, he never let an Ipswich player have any time or space and executed some inch perfect tackles. Absolutely brilliant.Hoolahan: 8 - Him and Lita work very, very well together. Hoolahan''s range of passing is phenominal, his ability to ghost past players and just leave them totally stranded is a joy to behold and very nearly got his first goal for us with an incredible volley. More of this please.Lita: 8 - Needs to be kept as long as we can keep him. Lita didn''t score today and indeed one time he was clean through he took too many touches and wasted the opportunity. But he works his socks off for the side and will score and provide. He reminds me of Leon McKenzie with talent. SubsRusty : 7 - A calming influence and helped kill of the game.Fozzy: Didn''t notice he''d come on, to be frank. Lupoli : Not on long enough.

Marshall - 9 - Absolutely brilliant game. Fantastic one-on-one save, got it perfectly right. Good couple of saves from point-blank range as well as recovering from Doc''s error. Would have been a 10 but for poor distribution now and then, but that''s expecting in an underporming side, who definitely performed today!Ostemobor - 8 - Our whole back four played well. Helped Croft getting forward, helped Omozusi at the back. Quiet game really, but did what he had to and played well.Doherty - 8 - won absolutely everything in the air, was a commanding leader at the back. Confidence still gets the bloke - poor header back which was never going to reach Marshall. Did well as stand in captain, suspect of him being a leader though - he''s no Malky.Omozusi - 8 - Never underestimate the power of Roeders loan policy! Came out of his shell tonight and played fantastically well. Made one mistake which could have cost us, but elsewise was neat, tidy and used his pace well to cover for lack of strength and height. Saying that, he won a lot in the air.Bertrand - 7 - Recently this guy just hasn''t played his better football. I thought he was better today, but still needs to up his level to that of last season. Made mistakes, but once again was solid at the back, and a good threat going forwards. I was disappointed Drury didn''t start, but Ryan did enough today for me, to show me why Drury didn''t!Croft - 9 - Worked hard and got his reward - a fantastic 25 yard strike! I''ve never seem him as a threat from long distance, but hopefully this can change! Has had his fair taste of Derby action while at the club, hopefully now he''s sunk his teeth in he''ll revel against Watford.Clingan - 10 - Just how much of a good signing is this guy? Works hard for 90 minutes, full of running, good distribution of the ball, gets forward and helps in attack (unlucky with the shot that hit the bar) and always there to mop up any danger. Brilliant again, and has to be my MOM.Pattison - 9 - Another good game, and rewarded with 3 goals in 3. This guy is getting back on form and he links up well in the middle with Clingan, Bell as well as working well attackingly with Hoolahan and Lita. Keep it up Matty!Bell - 8 - Another improved performance from a player who just gets better every time he plays. His set pieces are starting to be a big plus for us. Technique with Croft obviously works and his delivery was superb. Player well in general, defended well, ran at plays, caused problems.Hoolahan - 8 - Possibly he best performance in our colours? Played well in the gap, excelling in a free-role. The further upfront he played with Lita, the more dangerous he looked. Got back and defended when he needed to, making a lot of timely tackles in the midfield. Worked well creatively stringing passes and having a few runs, unlucky with a good effort on goal.Lita - 9 - Another good game from a player we''re really going to miss. The system worked so well today with Lita holding it up with Hoolahan in immediate support with Croft, Bell and Pattison following that up as well! Unlucky not to score with a good header from a corner, had a few good runs and efforts on goal. Linked up well with everyone, drawing players in the game and holding the ball up well. Clearly proved today we don''t need a big, tall target man up front. Passing can do so much more damage.

And while we''re all evangelising about Clingan''s perfornance, let''s not forget he played about 80 minutes of the match on a yellow card, making it even more remarkable that he kept going in strongly and winning the ball cleanly. He was like Safri at his best today, but without the whingeing and injury-proneness. Sheer class.

[quote user="Coelho"]And while we''re all evangelising about Clingan''s perfornance, let''s not forget he played about 80 minutes of the match on a yellow card, making it even more remarkable that he kept going in strongly and winning the ball cleanly. He was like Safri at his best today, but without the whingeing and injury-proneness. Sheer class.[/quote]Considering some of the tackles the ref let go, its a surprise that Sammy got the card at all, it was certainly a softer tackle than some of them that went unpunished.  He was pure class though, he seems to be a calming influence for the whole team when he''s on the ball, he buys a few yards and a few seconds when in posession and seemed to always play a meaningful pass, and off the ball wanted it so much that he was popping up everywhere! Sod Safri, he''s the new Gary Holt! [:D]

[quote user="Coelho"]And while we''re all evangelising about Clingan''s perfornance, let''s not forget he played about 80 minutes of the match on a yellow card, making it even more remarkable that he kept going in strongly and winning the ball cleanly. He was like Safri at his best today, but without the whingeing and injury-proneness. Sheer class.
[/quote]

And got the yellow as a direct result of the lino trying to make a name for himself.The ref wasn''t going to give anything until matey flagged.Amazingly he then failed to notice the huge deflection which took Sammy''s shot onto the bar.Of course, they deserve our respect, bless em...

I agree with the above ratings in the main.I felt that Bertrand was poor,but the man I expected to be our weak link,Omozusi,was absolutely superb.However, none can touch Sir Sammy of Clingan as MOM. Different class. Why can''t we play with that desire every week?Today we harried and hassled,often surrounding an Ipswich player with three yellow shirts,and threw bodies in the way of shots,yet we all know that next week it could be the complete opposite!

The crowd were great today.I could only get tickets in the N&P, but even that was lively,and the Barclay were superb! "Your friends a murderer" was classic!

Finally, for those who chose to stay away, I know many of you have strong convictions and found it hard to do so, but my team did something it hasn''t done for a while now....it made me proudand glad I was there. Oh, and Smudger...suck on that!!!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Coelho"]And while we''re all evangelising about Clingan''s perfornance, let''s not forget he played about 80 minutes of the match on a yellow card, making it even more remarkable that he kept going in strongly and winning the ball cleanly. He was like Safri at his best today, but without the whingeing and injury-proneness. Sheer class.[/quote]Considering some of the tackles the ref let go, its a surprise that Sammy got the card at all, it was certainly a softer tackle than some of them that went unpunished.  He was pure class though, he seems to be a calming influence for the whole team when he''s on the ball, he buys a few yards and a few seconds when in posession and seemed to always play a meaningful pass, and off the ball wanted it so much that he was popping up everywhere! Sod Safri, he''s the new Gary Holt! [:D][/quote]But he can pass the ball more than 10 yards... [;)]

I really thought that omozusi had the game of his life. i thought he should have had the MOM today.

Marshall, Ommo, Clingan and Lita were all amazing

A Buzzing Keiran :D

Agree with alot of what has been said except Pattison was for most the game woeful, after he scored (which on Sky replays i saw he almost shot over!?) i''d still have taken him off

I just don''t get it ....I saw a different game to many on here !! Only my opinion , but I thought Bell was poor, lost the ball time and time again, failed to see the obvious pass, and is so slow !! Paterson, I was moaning about him also , having his worst game for a while, then  made one , scored one ............................what the f**k do I know !

Well happy to be wrong today ..........................that result has made my season so far !

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

I just don''t get it ....I saw a different game to many on here !! Only my opinion , but I thought Bell was poor, lost the ball time and time again, failed to see the obvious pass, and is so slow !! Paterson, I was moaning about him also , having his worst game for a while, then  made one , scored one ............................what the f**k do I know !

Well happy to be wrong today ..........................that result has made my season so far !

[/quote]Disagree totally about Patterson he put in all the running and did very well, even got forward to offer Lita some help.

Firstly a game in which everything we did came off, as a team we passed well, fought for the ball, never gave them space and time to hurt us. Immense performance.

Marshall - a couple of key saves, kept his concentration and organised defence well. Keeping a clean sheet will work wonders for his confidence in the coming week with two away games. 9

Semmy - nothing spectacular down the wings today - but did his job with quiet efficiency. 7

Omo - simply a great performance, great stuff and some superb blocks and tackles. Kept his head, an assured performance 8

Doc - great captaincy today for Doc, cool, calm and collected. Thanks Doc, you did us proud 9

Plastic - did his job well, some great tackles particularly in the first half. 7

Croft - so pleased for him - after all those games with so much effort but minimal end product he really put in a performance today, and is now immortalised in Canary history. Great goal Crofty, we know that meant something to you. 9

Clingan - assured performance from a quality midfielder. To say we bossed midfield against Ipswich (who are normally so strong in this area) was down to Clingan. Great, great, great. 10

Patttison - has come on so much in the past few games and is now starting to become a scoring midfielder, and don''t we need one of those! Great attitude and spirit and fantastic to see him score. Well deserved. 9

Bell - beautiful player, so calm and quality passing. Now settling into the side. Could be a great for us, and was very good today 8

Hoolahan - okay I know Clingan was immense and bossed midfield today and was a deserved MOM, but this guy for me is the reason I hoped and had some belief today, the reason I will renew my season ticket. He''s a joy to watch, his subtle passing, ghosting between opposition players, quick back heels and just awesome "football intelligence" (sorry!!). My new hero - would give him 10 today and hope for the future. Just gutted he didn''t get that goal.

Lita - great presence in front of goal and gave their defence plenty to worry about. Much better than he''s been in recent games. 8

Ref - another over fussy official, why can''t they just let the players get on with the game. This was an honest game played by some honest players who wanted to just play a game of football.

Crowd - most of the match we sung, a rather unnerving quiet period after half time (nerves?), but once we had scored, great stuff. Proud to be part of it. Great to see the South Stand giving some to Ipswich. A great day to be a city fan.

Soo good to see the eager city turn up today rather than the lack lustre one - a wonderful deserved win and once we realised we win games by running towards their goal and not across the width of the pitch the game was ours. 

Marshall 8 - 2 crucial saves at crucial times

Ots   6  - early kick clearly interrupted his sleep - little going forward and slow defending

Omo - 8 - MOTM for me;  hard tackling, determined and covered so much ground for colleagues.  Top class today

Doc - 7 Solid

Bertrand 6 poor first half and got the Eboue treatment;  better in the second half.

Croft 6 - perhaps he should cross from the centre of the pitch more often ;-)

Clingan 7  Did well but like Pattison spent too much time going sideways

Pattison 6 Did his best to put the 2nd goal over the bar chance over the bar; too sideways and too often too close to Clingan which did leave us over stretched at time. 

Bell 6 worked back well today;  not enough going forward.      

Hoolahan 7  Tackled hard, creative and involved

Lita 7 Did the lone (loan sic?) striker bit so well... vital assist in our second by reporting the blood injury to the ref,  leaving town a man short for the free kick [:D][:)][6] 

Marshall 9 - Match turning save from the one on one and then 2 or 3 other decent saves.

Otsemebor 7 - Solid. Not quite his usual threat going forward.

Bertrand 7 - Had a decent game defensively but a number of stray passes in the 1st half. Can''t believe that some of the crowd were getting on his back though...

Doc 7 - A few iffy moments and was regularly beaten in the air by Counago in 1st half.

Omozusi 9 - By far his best game in a City shirt. Great tackles and positional sense.

Clingan 9 - MOM. Here, there and everywhere. Ran the game.

Pattison 8 - Usual mixture from Matty. At times he seemed 5 seconds off the pace of the game and at others he was controlling it.

Croft 8 - Usual hard work and, of course, wrote his place in NCFC history with one of the best goals we have ever scored in a derby match.

Bell 7 - Improved as match went on. His set piece delivery is as good as you will see in this division

Hoolahan 8 - Didn''t see enough of the ball 1st half but was heavily involved in the second. Also worked his socks off with his traching back.

Lita 8 - Never stopped running and total committment. Hopefully, not the last we see of him in a City shirt.

Ive just sat back and watched the game on tape, to savour the moment!!

Great atmosphere at the game today, hopefully this will be a turning point; unfortnuatey were supposed to have so many of them weve ended up in  a spin; as for ratings:

Marshall   8   2 superb saves, did nothing wrong.

Semmy   7   Solid at the back, kept ambrose quiet, and offered an attacking threat as well.

Bertrand   6   Prefer Drury, a bit sloppy in the first half but got better.

Doherty   6   Solid as a rock and sound as a pound for 88 Minutes, including a terrific block at 2-0. Unfortunately 2 sloppy moments could have cost us two goals. Needs full concentration.

Omozusi   8   Nothing Snoozy today, quick, alert, strong and powerful in the air, passed it from the back, class.

Croft   8    Gets the extra bit for a stunning goal, ive been his biggest critic, but he works hard and gave wright a torrid time. Stil lwould like to see more end product from his possesion, but he can be wasteful for 6 months after THAT goal!!

Bell   7   Solid performance, not at his best, failed to get his crosses in like he can, but still linked up well. Tidy player

Pattison   7   Disapointing first half, but bagged another goal in what was an improved, battling 2nd half.

Clingan   8  Cool, Calm and Collected on the ball, a different class to Russel and Fotheringhan. Seems to never give it away and find space.

Hoolahan   8   MOTM    Shaded it for me, everything we did came via him. His link up play, touch and vision is something i havent seen at Carrow Road for a long while. Hes a top player, and if we continue to get the best out of him we''ll be fine. Pulled the strings

Lita   7   Worked hard and we need to keep him; unlucky no0t to score; only criticism is he was a bit wasteful at times, but more than made up for that by informing the ref of Mccauley''s bleeding!