Sign in to follow this  
cotteesa

huckerby back in jarrold stand saturday

Okay then , you give our explayer a standing ovation , if it makes you happy - can I just ask you the following two questions related to your points 2 and 3 

1 ( Re 2 ) How will the likes of Marshall , Stefanovic , Croft etc ( ie non loanees ) feel about that - they are paid employees of NCFC , Huckerby is not anymore - surely the support should be aimed at them

2 ( re 3 ) will Roeder and the board care - they got one of the highest earners off the wage bill and do not have to pay him this season , irrespective of injury or performance , Roeder to me has done the best he can in the circumstances ( I do not agree with the number of loan players we have though )   He needsa bit longer than a year though - We could all see Grant was not up to the job pretty quickly , I have not seen that in Roeder

[quote user="gary "]

Hucks barely played under Roeder , due to injury , I think he hit his sell by date and we would have been moaning had he stayed , because he would not have been the player he was

Better for him to be remembered as a legend for what he did , not to use as a stick to beat Roeder with   

[/quote]The point is; he is returning to Carrow Road and the vast majority will look forward to give him a cheer, in place of the send-off that never was, as we were cruelly robbed of that chance at the end of last season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Sod the distraction I for one will be giving the man a standing ovation as he takes his seat (although i will probably be standing anyway) and i fully hope and expect the rest of the ground will be as well. i will be doing it for 3 principal reasons:

1. Because I never got a real chance to do it at the end of last season (or at least not once I knew he would not be back again to play for us).

2. To show those nancy boys on the pitch the sort of respect our fans give a player when he shows his heart is in it and he really wants to play for our club.

3. To annoy the hell out of and make a point to Glen Roeder and the board.

We will not lose on Saturday because Hucks gets an ovation and has a few chants sung about him. If we lose it will be because we are cr*p.

[/quote]spot on jim :-)

Why is it that showing our appreciation for Huckerby, and supporting City are somehow mutually exclusive?

It''s a 90 minute match for heavens sake. I''ll sing a few songs for the best player we''ve had in recent years, to show him he''s missed, and spend the rest of the game supporting the team.

It''s not an either-or situation people.

[quote user="gary "]

1 ( Re 2 ) How will the likes of Marshall , Stefanovic , Croft etc ( ie non loanees ) feel about that - they are paid employees of NCFC , Huckerby is not anymore - surely the support should be aimed at them

[/quote]

I''ll worry about Crofts feelings, when....no a BIG if, he learns to beat players, score goals or put in a decent cross. Untill then i dont care what they think; we pay good money to watch dross week in week out. At least when Hucks was around; even last season there was a sense of anticipation, exhillaration and excitement when he gets the ball...do i get that same tingling feeling when Lee Croft gets the ball...NO!

[quote user="gary "]

Okay then , you give our explayer a standing ovation , if it makes you happy - can I just ask you the following two questions related to your points 2 and 3 

2 ( re 3 ) will Roeder and the board care - they got one of the highest earners off the wage bill and do not have to pay him this season , irrespective of injury or performance , Roeder to me has done the best he can in the circumstances ( I do not agree with the number of loan players we have though )   He needsa bit longer than a year though - We could all see Grant was not up to the job pretty quickly , I have not seen that in Roeder

I would hope it will inspire them to think "hopefully one day i will be worshipped like that" and aspire to earn the affection Hucks has from the fans.

And yes judging by his reaction to even the mildest criticism i think Roder will very much care. He will hate it but then he behaved like a spiteful individual over the whole episode and it will do him no harm to see first hand the fruits of his work. No dopubt he will call us all "classless" or "imbeciles" or something charming! 

Sorry if thinking this makes me less of a fan than you but thats the way i feel and I am prepared to bet an awful lot of other fans will feel the same way come saturday!

[/quote]

Huckerby''s re-arrival could turn out to be the catalyst for some serious anti-board activity.  Its time to make the whole lot of them uncomfortable.As for you PATHETIC questions below.1.  Who give s s*** anymore.  They are a shambles and deserve total contempt.   2.  You are oviously not thinking straight because you totally condrdict yourself.  Either he has done a good job or he hasn''t.  How has filling the team with expensive loans and being 20th in the league doing the best he can.  Barman, a saucer of milk for this pussy please.

[quote user="gary "]

[/quote]

`[quote user="gary "]

[/quote]

Do you know something? I couldn''t give an effing toss how they feel. They are not fit to lace his boots.

? wrote 

"Why is it that showing our appreciation for Huckerby, and supporting City are somehow mutually exclusive?

It''s a 90 minute match for heavens sake. I''ll sing a few songs for the best player we''ve had in recent years, to show him he''s missed, and spend the rest of the game supporting the team.

It''s not an either-or situation people."

This is exactly how I feel about it. I think some people could honestly start an argument in an empty room.

Hang on Gary. You seem to have a lot to say for yourself and yet by your own admittance have hardly seen City play in the last few years.

Of course you have a right to your opinion, it''s just that if I had only seen my team on such a few occasions I wouldn''t be so forthright in my views.

Perhaps I should ask you what your view is of the current nightlife in downtown Melbourne Australia. Perhaps you have a strong accurate opinion there too.

As  somebody who was at Burnley on Saturday nothing would have made me happier than seeing Huckerby coming on as a second half substitute. Watching Norwich no longer excites me at all. There is no spark there, not one player who you can expect to do something exciting.

In short Norwich now are one of the most boring and lack lustre teams I have ever watched. The team play just like the managers personality. Booring and so arogant they think football owes ythem their over inflated salaries.

And yes I will stand and applaud Darren Huckerby and join in any songs about him. I am more looking forward to welcoming him back to Carrow Road than I am the game.

[quote user="jbghost"]

As  somebody who was at Burnley on Saturday nothing would have made me happier than seeing Huckerby coming on as a second half substitute. Watching Norwich no longer excites me at all. There is no spark there, not one player who you can expect to do something exciting.

In short Norwich now are one of the most boring and lack lustre teams I have ever watched. The team play just like the managers personality. Booring and so arogant they think football owes ythem their over inflated salaries.

And yes I will stand and applaud Darren Huckerby and join in any songs about him. I am more looking forward to welcoming him back to Carrow Road than I am the game.

[/quote]

Nail. Head. Hit

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh dear Gary, been found out a little?  Try attending the rest of the season home and away and see how you feel at the end of the season. [:)][/quote]

Found Out - Moi ?

I admit that I do not attend matches regularly , However In the past I went 8 years without missing a home match and seeing the majority of away games , I have sold programmes , worked on the car park and on a couple of occasions , even been Captain Canary . I care deeply about NCFC and always will , But I havea young family who need my finances far more , I also work through the week so Saturdays are a busy day 

I could not afford to attend matches regularly and cannot devote the money or time to travel away , it does not make me less of a fan at all and I have my opinions accordingly

If you think the only fans of NCFC are the 24,000 who attend , then you are sadly mistaken - there are at least twice that number in Norfolk who do not attend for a variety of reasons - It is called having commitments and responsibilities, maybe one day you will understand

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Sod the distraction I for one will be giving the man a standing ovation as he takes his seat (although i will probably be standing anyway) and i fully hope and expect the rest of the ground will be as well. i will be doing it for 3 principal reasons:

1. Because I never got a real chance to do it at the end of last season (or at least not once I knew he would not be back again to play for us).

2. To show those nancy boys on the pitch the sort of respect our fans give a player when he shows his heart is in it and he really wants to play for our club.

We will not lose on Saturday because Hucks gets an ovation and has a few chants sung about him. If we lose it will be because we are cr*p. [/quote]

Top post Jim and the 3 reasons you give will be the same 3 that will inspire me and plenty of others I guess to chant his name and give him a great welcome.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

We will not lose on Saturday because Hucks gets an ovation and has a few chants sung about him. If we lose it will be because we are cr*p. [/quote]

Top post Jim and the 3 reasons you give will be the same 3 that will inspire me and plenty of others I guess to chant his name and give him a great welcome.

[/quote]There will be thousands doing the same. No new heroes are there.

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

I wasnt at Burnely, I was at Barnsley though (not as bad by all accounts) but your post sums up exactly how I feel.

I know others keep saying he has gone get over it, but when he was here I looked forward to going to carrow rd each week and now I dont,simple as. I wont forgive roeder until he gets the new hero he promised us.

[quote user="C T"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Nail. Head. Hit

[/quote]yeah - after all, hucks was denied a send off by the club...

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Don''t worry LGT we are going to raise the roof on Saturday. Glad to have you back in Norwich Mr Huckerby![/quote]lol - i might even dust down the LGT''s and wear ''em for the occasion???