Sign in to follow this  
Helsinki canary

Donkey stefanavic again

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]

Mr Liability does it again

[/quote]

9 out of 10 ref''s would not have given a penalty, so lay off Stef - he''s a cracking centre-half.

today was not a penalty anyway, was a shambles of a decision by the linesman who was behind play, and the ref who was nowhere near the play.

So lay off Stef :)

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]he has conceded 3 penalties already this season - from what I have seen he is composed when on the ball but he gets caught out too many times[/quote]

Wind your neck in.

Tony Cottee on SSN said it was a definite penalty and Dejan was lucky not to get a red card. We are giving aweay a worrying number of penalties this season.

Stefanovic is the worst defender at the club. Why we sold Shackell (who wasn''t exactly brilliant) and got that useless heap of crap I will never know. Our defence will never be solid until that blundering idiot is out of the side.And it was a penalty by the way, he pushed him over and was nowhere near the ball.

stefanovic was rightly motm today, he was the only person in the first half who you could have said was any good

And yes, it should have been a red card. That would have been a massive blessing in disguise, 4 match ban. Pity.

he wasn''t that bad

the problem with the defence is that so many are not properly fit (Drury, Doherty, Kennedy) and there isn''t the right balance of experience and youth

Dejan is doing ok for me (but pee''d me off when he got sent off for swearing)

[quote user="crafty canary"]Tony Cottee on SSN said it was a definite penalty and Dejan was lucky not to get a red card. We are giving aweay a worrying number of penalties this season.[/quote]

Neil adams said it definitely wasn''t a penalty !! I was at the game,  and I will swear it was outside the box

I thought Stefanovic played well, better than he did on Tuesday. Can''t comment on the penalty as it was at the other end of the pitch and didn''t see it properly but seemed to get done for pace.

[quote user="JTG"]Stefanovic is the worst defender at the club. Why we sold Shackell (who wasn''t exactly brilliant) and got that useless heap of crap I will never know. Our defence will never be solid until that blundering idiot is out of the side.

And it was a penalty by the way, he pushed him over and was nowhere near the ball.
[/quote]

Joker

[quote user="crafty canary"]Tony Cottee on SSN said it was a definite penalty and Dejan was lucky not to get a red card. We are giving aweay a worrying number of penalties this season.[/quote]Yeah well I actually went to the game, was roughly in line with the foul, which was a debatable foul and deffo outside the box. Who cares what cottee says anyway?

[quote user="crafty canary"]Tony Cottee on SSN said it was a definite penalty and Dejan was lucky not to get a red card. We are giving aweay a worrying number of penalties this season.[/quote]

But Tony Cottee is an extremely slow witted simpleton.  

steffs is class - but he was guilty of making mild contact, and so when the donny attacker went down like a ton of bricks, it looked worse than what it was - soft pen for me...same on tuesday nite, sure hooly stuck his leg out (just don''t do it) and invited the wolves geezer to ''fall'' over it,,,sometimes they''re given...

I too don''t like Stefanovic.  I was too far away from the penalty to see what happenend so I wont comment on that but I will comment on his other play. 

Just because he used to play in the premiership doesn''t mean he can do all the fancy tricks at the back.  Yes alot tof the time his smart turns work, but one day he will get caught out like he almost did today in the first half.  Also when he does these fancy turns, sometimes they put him and danger and then he passes it to someone and then they are in danger.  A good defender should know ehne to boot it into the crowd, and he dosn''t know when to.

I never feel safe when he has the ball at the back.

Well this topic certainly has raised a few blood pressures!  certainly seems there is a mixed opinion. From what I have seen he certainly has class but the question has to be asked why 7 penalties conceded in 13 games - I can''t ever remember such a statistic in the 30 odd years of following City - is it the stricter referees or are we getting caught out at the back too easily (too static?) I guess the debate will rage on - from my side I will avoid the rude and personal insults that certain members are dishing out - I guess they will find there place someday.

i dissagree there. dejan is quality, if your looking at liabilities then start with mr omozusi. i have lost count of the points dropped because of him

best forward thinking centre back we''ve had for years can read the game aswell looks like a quality signing!. thank f**k shackell''s gone!!!!

i dissagree there. dejan is quality, if your looking at liabilities then start with mr omozusi. i have lost count of the points dropped because of him

i agree 100% percent, belives all the hyp roeder gave him in august.

none of our defenders did well today - but the worst was Bertrand who had a rare poor game: out of position too often and one or two atrocious passes.

[quote user="old yellow bird"]none of our defenders did well today - but the worst was Bertrand who had a rare poor game: out of position too often and one or two atrocious passes.[/quote]

Gary Doherty did. He had an excellent game until he was subbed.

Agree and disagree with Bertrand... I agree in that he didn''t do particularly well today but disagree that it was rare because he''s had several games like it this season. Unfortunately.

Thought Omosuzi did fairly well, defends very cleverly at times but doesn''t link up as well with Croft as Semmy does (as if it needs saying again). Stefanovic summed up his season so far in one game today; sometimes he''s pure class and makes things look easy and other times he''s dozy and slow. Overall I thought he had a good game though.

Kennedy was a bit rusty when he came on. He''s been awesome at times for us before he got injured but we were weaker with him than we were with the Doc.

I stand by my comments about Stefanovic, he his a complete liability at the back, just can not defend and it really does shock me that so many people on here rate him. I don''t know what it is, is it just that he used to play in the Premiership so people assume he''s good. He is completely past it, good at Portsmouth, shocking since. As soon as that ball was played over the top we saw ''Stiff'' was the last man and in a race for the ball with a terrible striker, we all knew what was coming. We need him out of the team.Agree regarding Omozusi however, he is poor..... at right back, has looked far more solid at centre half for us.

I was in about the best position in the lower barclay to tell and YES it was a foul (if you count a foul as falling over at the slightest contact as i9s the way with the modern game) but NO it wasn''t a penalty because it was clearly outside the box.That said, their attacker was grabbing hold of Stef''s shirt way beforehand.